Recipes from 'Let's Do Lunch'
By Roger Troy Wilson
Ron’s Awesome Chili
- ¾ lb. ground turkey (white meat skinless)
- ¼ lb. lean ground beef or sirloin
- 1 cup fresh chopped celery
- ½ cup fresh chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 – 16 oz. kidney beans (Bush’s ®)
- 1 – 15 oz. chili hot beans (Bush’s ®)
- 2 – 28 oz. cans whole tomatoes, cut up
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bay leaf
Brown meat and onions. Add remaining ingredients.
Simmer, cover, three hours.
Great leftovers – this dish freezes well.
Roger Troy Burgers
Mix ½ pound skinless turkey breast, ½ pound extra-lean ground sirloin, ½ cup chopped onion, 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce, ¼ cup crumbled Wasa ® Light Rye Original Crispbread, one egg white and one tablespoon mustard.
Grill approximately three minutes on each side.
I ate these without buns and with ketchup, sweet relish, tomato and onion… and sometimes mustard.
- ¼ lb. ground sirloin or lean beef
- ¾ lb. white meat skinless ground turkey (turkey will take on flavor of bread)
- ½ cup chopped onion
Cook the turkey, beef and onion until tender.
- 1 – 6 oz. can of tomato paste (Hunt’s ®)
- 2 – 5.5 oz. cans of picante tomato juice (V8 ®)
- 1 – 10 ¾ oz. can of condense tomato soup (Campbell’s ®)
Add the above ingredients to the onion, beef and turkey mixture.
- 12 oz. low fat cottage cheese (1% or lower)
- 2 T parmesan cheese (Kraft ® Fat Free)
- ½ cup egg substitute (Morningstar Farms ® Scramblers)
- 2 T fresh parsley – cut up finely
- 2 T fresh basil – cut up finely
- ½ tsp. white pepper
Combine the above ingredients and mix lightly. Set aside.
- 12 oz. fat free or skim, grated mozzarella cheese (Alpine Lace ®) 5 medium zucchini – sliced thinly
Place the sliced zucchini in one layer in a 13 x 9 x 2 pan that has been sprayed with Pam ® Olive Oil Spray. Follow with half of the cottage cheese mixture, half the mozzarella cheese and half of the tomato meat sauce. Continue with another layer beginning with sliced zucchini and ending with the meat sauce.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.