By Candy Christmas
Try these fun temptations from Candy Christmas' kitchen.
For each S'more:
3 ounces white chocolate morsels
2 pretzel sticks
1/2 of a 1.55-ounce Hershey milk chocolate bar
1/2 graham cracker
Orange decorating gel
Black decorating gel
You Will Also Need:
Sharp kitchen tool
- In a glass bowl, melt the white chocolate morsels in a microwave oven
on high for 1 minute. Stir. Continue melting 30 seconds at a time stirring
between each 30 seconds so that white chocolate doesn't caramelize.
- Dip pretzel sticks in the melted morsels, place them on wax paper, and
lay them aside to set.
- Place the chocolate candy bar on the graham cracker. Place the graham
cracker on a microwaveable plate. Microwave for 10 seconds, just long enough
to adhere the chocolate to the cracker but still keep its shape.
- Using melted white morsels as "glue," stack marshmallows on top of the
chocolate candy bar to form the body of the snowman.
- With a sharp kitchen tool, pierce the sides of the bottom marshmallow
and insert the pretzels for arms.
- Make dots with orange (for nose) and black (for eyes and mouth) decorating
- Sit back and watch your youngsters enjoy!
12 Maraschino cherries, with stems (for bodies and tails of mice)
6 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
12 chocolate-covered graham crackers
12 Hershey's Kisses (for heads and noses of mice)
24 almond slices
You Will Also Need:
Red decorating gel
- Drain the cherries and pat them completely dry with paper towels
- Melt chocolate morsels in microwave 1 minute on high. Stir. Continue melting
30 seconds at a time, stirring between each 30 seconds so that chocolate
does not caramelize.
- Holding a cherry by the stem, dredge the cherry through the melted chocolate
and place it on half of a graham cracker, stem pointing outward.
- Dredge the bottom of a Hershey's Kiss through the chocolate coating and
place it in front of the cherry. The melted chocolate will act as a type
of glue, holding the Kiss in place.
- Dip the narrow end of an almond slice in the melted chocolate and press
it to the flat side of the Kiss to make an ear. Repeat for the other side.
- With the decorating gel, place dots for the eyes and the nose.
CANDY'S NOTE: "'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a
". These chocolate mice are
fun for kids to make and are a perfect complement to Clement C. Moore's classic
From Candy Christmass
Copyright © 2002 by Candy Christmas. Published
by Howard Publishing
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.