Named "America’s Favorite Nutritionist"
Nutrition expert for The Today Show
Master of Science, New York University
Founder, Joy Bauer Nutrition, one of the largest nutrition centers in the country
Joy Bauer: Find Your Inner Skinny
YOUR INNER SKINNY
Joy Bauer is a firm believer that dieting and losing weight doesn’t mean eating bland, cardboard food. Bauer’s diet contains a rich diversity of foods from all categories. There are even “fun” foods, like chocolate. “I guess we can call it a no-gimmick, low-fuss diet,” she says.
Many people who have used Bauer’s Your Inner Skinny have lost between 3 and 11 pounds the first week. She uses what she calls her “four steps to thin forever”, which is the other part of her diet strategy.
Step 1: Release. Strip away negative habits during the first week.
Step 2: Relearn. Reprogram you appetite and discover the joys of healthy eating.
Step 3: Reshape: Learn to create physical, psychological and nutritional wellness.
Step 4: Reveal. Find your maintenance groove – you don’t have to go back to the old you.
Bauer says there are many tasty bites on the road to your inner skinny.
- Shrimp Cocktail. 8 calories each, shrimp are a delicious source of lean protein which helps rev your metabolism and keeps you feeling full for hours. Start a meal with a shrimp cocktail appetizer. A simple cocktail sauce recipe: 1 tablespoon ketchup and teaspoon horseradish, squeeze a lemon and splash of hot sauce.
- Fiery Chicken Salad. Adding a few dashes of fiery hot sauce to your food slows down your eating so you’re less likely to eat past the point of fullness. Whip up a chicken salad with diced chicken breast, 1 to to 2 teaspoons of reduced-fat mayo, hot sauce to taste and any diced veggies. Serve over lettuce and drink water.
- Pumpkin Pudding. This decadent, creamy pudding has 150 calories. Combine 6 ounces of nonfat vanilla yogurt with 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree and a dash of cinnamon. The pumpkin bulks up the yogurt which is already a protein-rich food and adds fiber. This combination expands in your stomach, keeping you fuller longer.
- Vegetable Soup. By starting a meal with a bowl of broth-based vegetable soup, you can reduce your total calorie intake by 20 percent. The soup takes the edge off your hunger and fills you up.
- Cucumber-Tomato-Onion Salad. This is Joy’s low-cal version of the classic Mediterranean salad. Slice up one cucumber, one tomato, and half a red onion. Toss all with light vinaigrette or unlimited vinegar (balsamic or red) plus 1 teaspoon olive oil. The entire salad has less than 50 calories.
- Ginger Green Tea. Drinking a mug of tea is a calorie-free way to de-stress after a long day without falling prey to emotional eating. Also drinking green tea on a regular basis may give your metabolism a boost. Use fresh ginger root for an extra punch of flavor.
JOY FIT CLUB
Joy founded the Joy Fit Club, on online club for people who have lost over 100 pounds without surgery. Sherrie and Courtney Harris will appear on the program with Joy. Sherrie lost 156 pounds and submitted her weight loss story to Joy. Sherrie appeared on The Today Show in December 2009.
Want FREE RECIPES from Joy Bauer's Your Inner Skinny? Log on to My.CBN.com for Skinny Eats.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.