Become a CBN partner and receive the DVD Living Under God's Blessing. Discover the principles that lead to favor, wisdom, and being a part of God's plan
Thank you for making Give-Back Tuesday a huge success!
Not all cancers are the same. One-third of various types of cancer is curable. One-third is preventable.
Two factors of cancer that cannot be controlled are age and family history.
Potential Causes of Cancer:
1. Smoking is very often the main cause of cancer. It kills us silently and drains money from us quietly.
There are 4,000 harmful chemicals (though in diluted form) in one stick of cigarette. Taking one puff is 600 times worse than inhaling the exhaust fumes from vehicles.
2. Some foods that could cause cancer are:
Deep Fried Food
Food that is high in fat causes our bile to secrete acid that contains a chemical which is a promoter of cancer cells.
Food that contains preservatives, too much salt or nitrates (e.g. canned food, salted egg & veggies, sausages, etc.)
Overnight Rice (where Aflatoxin is accumulated)
Food that is low in fibre: Our body needs 25 gm of both soluble & insoluble fibre daily. We must drink at least 1.5 litres of plain water a day.
Contaminated Food (e.g. moulded bread causes our body to secrete toxins that may eventually lead to liver cancer in the long run. Never eat bread that is kept in room temperature for more than 2 days especially in a humid weather.
3. Types of fat and which is the best?
Highly Recommended for Health:
a. Olive Oil- It does not absorb in our body.
b. Fish Oil - Omega 3 (contained in NI's Circulytes) has poly-unsaturated fat. It's good for our brain cells.
c. Peanut Oil - It contains Vitamin E. A small dosage is recommended only.
Not Recommended for Health:
a. Vegetable Fat - Palm oil is worse than coconut oil. It
is high in cholesterol and highly unsaturated.
b. Coconut Oil - It has saturated fat
Eggs when eaten too much can cause colon cancer.
For the most recent information and research on cancer, visit the website of the American Cancer Society.
CBN.com A number of years ago I was diagnosed with Melanoma cancer. Melanoma is the least common form of skin cancer, however it is the most deadly.
The odds of getting melanoma are 1 in 79. Someone dies of melanoma every hour. Maureen Reagan was the most recent public figure.
In an unofficial survey, we have estimated that perhaps about only 10-15 percent of the people prayed for get healed of cancer. That's direct miraculous healing without medical treatment. (Although I'm not against doctors and medicine) But that's hardly a good average or victorious.
Subsequently, I have also had Basal Cell Carcinoma on my nose of all places. For a TV guy like me, this "ain't" good, but once again God healed me.
In both cases I had some medical treatment but the Lord Jesus healed me.
I am clean!
Jesus gave me a literal blood transfusion:
"His heart pumps God's word like blood through his veins." (Psalm 37.31 - The Message)
Doctors can do some fixing, but God does all the healing.
However, He took me through a process to do so literally letting go of my
life, and "calling out to the Lord." (Psalms 116 & 118)
The following words are part of that which He worked into my life and as a result, I am "clean through the Word He spoke to me." (John 15.3)
Likewise, may that Word become flesh in your life.
Philippians 1.21-24 - Either here or there.
Matthew 16.24 - Lose your life to find it.
2 Corinthians 4.8-12 - Death in us, life in you.
· Although the following is not exhaustive, nor is it a "name it and claim it" formula, His Word does brings life - speak it. May it encourage you, and set in motion the process of healing in your life - spirit, soul, and body.
The Big "C"
· Is not cancer but rather:
· The Cross,
· Curses broken,
· Spirits of infirmity Cast out,
· Captives freed,
· Church, (Have a committed group of people stand with you in prayer, fasting, and anointing with oil, etc. James 5.14-16)
· Conqueror and
All these are bigger "C's" than cancer.
· "You must never treat a cancer as anything else than a living, evil spirit, which is always destroying the body. It is one of the worst kinds I know." (Smith Wigglesworth - Complete Collection, Liardon, pg.322)
· John G. Lake said to a man he was ministering to:
"You have cancer, yes sir, it is in your spirit, it is laying siege to the jugular vein of your spirit, and I don't think it will be but a little while before it will finish your spiritual life. It will kill you outright."
· One may have "cancer of the human spirit." Sin of the spirit.
An Interview of You
· James 5.1-6 (The Message translation) - Curses because of
any of these things?
· "Your greedy luxuries are a cancer in your gut."
· Luxury? Self indulgence? Murder? (in the heart?)
· If we have wealth, how was it made?
· 2 Tim.2.17 -"The false teacher's word will spread like cancer. A malignant sore that eats away at healthy tissue."
· Cancer translated "gangrina" from the Greek. Any false doctrine you have bought into?
· Cut it out! Before it permeates and infects the whole body natural and/or spiritual. This is denouncing and confessing.
· 1 Corinthians 11.27-31 - In regard to the Lord's supper.
Anything that would prevent forgiveness, wholeness, strength, healing?
· Proverbs12.4 (Good News) ... "A wife who brings shame on her husband is like cancer in his bones."
· 1 Peter 3.7 - Husband wife relationships in order, "so that nothing hinders your prayers."
· Proverbs 14.30 - (Good News) "Jealousy is like cancer."
· Ephesians 4.31-32 - Bitterness, anger, harsh words, slander malicious behavior.
· Habakkuk 2.15-16 - "Woe to you who gives his neighbor drink." etc.
· Mark 11.25 - "When you are praying, first forgive anyone
you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive
your sins, too."
· Vs.26 - "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your sins."
· Matthew 5.23-24 - "Suddenly you remember someone has something against you, leave your offering and go be reconciled, make peace with that person then come and offer your sacrifice to God . You won't be free otherwise."
· Is your relationship with the Lord open, obstructed, for any reason?
· 1 Cor.5.9 - Equate cancer & sin. What would we be doing
to rid ourselves of it?
· 1 Corinthians. 5.9; Galatians 5.9 - "A little leaven leavens the whole lump."
· 1 Corinthians 11.27-32 - Is there any sin or abuse that would cause us to be under God's chastisement?
· "Examine yourself so you are not under judgement. Some are weak and sick and have even died."
· Confession to the Lord and asking forgiveness of God and others brings healing and will prevent illness and premature death.
· Psalm 51.10 - "Renew a right spirit within me."
Immune system, natural and/or spiritual broken down?
· Our diet?
· Our environment?
· Your will to live?
· Any other entry point?
· In our affliction, when we are oppressed, when we are in travail, in sorrow, wounded, fearful, He will hear from heaven and answer. There are numerous Scriptural references to crying out to the Lord in our affliction and His hearing us and delivering us.
· "This poor man called, and cried out, and the Lord heard him; He saved him out of all his troubles." (Psalm 34.6)
· "O Lord, my God I called to you for help, and you healed me. O Lord, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down to the pit of death." ( Psalm 30.2-3)
· "Let the whole world know what the Lord has done. Tell everyone about His miracles." (Psalm 105 1&2)
The Battle and Prophecy
I have joked for years with those who have asked if I had concerns about the possibility of dying in an airplane crash since I travel so much. My answer has always been, "No, I have too much unfulfilled prophecy in my life!"
So, when it came to the cancer, I stood in accordance with the Word and battled:
· "Based on the prophetic words spoken about you earlier may they give you the confidence to fight well in the Lord's battles." 1 Timothy 1.18
· 1 Timothy 6.12 - "Fight the good fight of faith."
· I also am reminded that one soldier is not an army. We stand in the battle together. This is a corporate war.
· Philippians 1.30 - "We are in this fight together. We are standing side by side fighting together for the Good News."
· "Apprehend all you have been apprehended for." (Philippians 3.12-13)
You are invincible until you finish the course. (Unless of course you sin, fall away from God, etc.)
From Donna Rhine Dean
"Paul Rhine, who was a Hollywood stuntman at the time, attended a gathering of friends at my house. In the course of the evening, it was disclosed that Paul had a great need in his life for healing. He had been diagnosed with life threatening prostate cancer and bone cancer.
A short time later, Paul and I attended a prayer gathering at Scott Ross' home where Scott, his wife Nedra, and others prayed for Paul. Subsequent medical diagnosis and x-rays revealed his PSA levels had gone down to a normal level.
Today, five years later at this writing, the cancer is in complete remission
and Paul is fulfilling the call of God in his life. He went from bleeding,
pain, fear, sickness, and a lack of faith to live as a healed faith filled
A man attending a meeting I was conducting of approximately 600 or more people, were witnesses to him being literally "struck" by the Holy Spirit, knocking him to the floor. I hadn't touched the man, just announced what God was doing. The man, a male nurse, had throat cancer, and was scheduled for a radical neck dissection, as the cancer was engulfing the carotid artery. Following our meeting, on the morning of the scheduled surgery, the doctor was going to perform a deep biopsy; however, all the tissue was found to be negative. No cancer cells could be found! In a letter to me he writes, "The surgery was unnecessary, I was truly healed!"
Confession for Overcomers
"My body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the Blood of Jesus. My members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. The devil has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the Blood of Jesus. I overcome Satan by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony, and I love not my life unto the death. My body is for the Lord and the Lord is for my body."
I Corinthians 6.19 1 John 1.7 Romans 8.33-34
Ephesians 1.7 Hebrews 13.12 Revelation 12.11
Psalm 107.2 Romans 6.13 1 Corinthians 6.13
Courtesy Derek Prince Ministries International
Scott Ross welcomes your feedback.
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.