The Secret Service says it is still deciding whether to bring criminal charges against the couple who crashed the Obama administration's first state dinner.
Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan said the agency is taking full responsibility, admitting "they were deeply concerned and embarrassed" by the breakdown that allowed Michaele and Tareq Salahi into last week's affair.
He said the couple was not on the guest list and should have been denied entry to the event.
"As our investigation continues, appropriate measures have been taken to ensure this is not repeated," Sullivan said in a statement Friday.
Still, the White House is being questioned for not having someone else present to double-check the guest list.
However, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs insists President Obama was never in danger.
"The president has faith in the Secret Service. Always has. And that's not about to change," Gibbs said.
Meanwhile, Sullivan and the Salahi's have been called to testify before Congress on Thursday about the incident.
Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss, is the top Democrat on the House Homeland Security committee.
"This is a time for answers," Thompson said in a statement Monday. "This is not the time for political games or scapegoating to distract our attention from the careful oversight we must apply to the Secret Service and its mission."