Gay Curriculum Promoted to Minn. Schools

Ad Feedback

Minneapolis elementary school students may be taught to embrace homosexual behavior under a new program the city is considering.

The Human Rights Campaign introduced their "Welcoming Schools" curriculum to Minneapolis Public Schools as a way to stop anti-gay name-calling and bullying.

Under the program, students as early as kindergarten age are given a series of exercises about gender and family differences.

Alliance Defense Fund attorneys say the material is more about promoting the homosexual agenda than stopping harsh treatment.

They are urging school officials to reject the program.

"HRC says the program is designed to stop bullying, even though its true intent is to promote the homosexual agenda," said ADF Senior Legal Counsel Austin R. Nimocks. "If HRC merely cared about bullying, they would simply endorse the school district's vigorous 'Bullying and Hazing Policy.' Parents and school officials need to be aware of what HRC is really trying to do."

"Welcoming Schools" was developed to "create learning environments in which all learners are welcomed and respected," HRC says.

Lesson plans include explaining that kids can like whatever they want, regardless of their sex, and that families are unique and sometimes have two moms or dads.

The curriculum also gives teachers and administrators resources for dealing with transgender and homosexual students.

"It is clear that the goal of HRC is to implement an educational program to indoctrinate young children with social viewpoints that are extremely controversial, out of the mainstream, and rely on unproven scientific theory that runs counter to American cultural and scholastic interests," ADF said in a letter to Minneapolis schools.

Nimocks believes "Welcoming Schools" questions the definition of a strong family and doesn't consider the young students involved.

"According to its own statistics, HRC represents only 4.1 percent of American adults who identify themselves as homosexual, but it is attempting to implement its agenda on our children and the remaining 95.9 percent of American adults who don't identify themselves as either 'gay' or 'lesbian,'" he said.

Welcoming Schools is still under development and is gradually being introduced to schools.

The program is currently used at three school districts across the U.S.

Sources: Alliance Defense Fund, Human Rights Campaign, CitizenLink

Log in or create an account to post a comment.  

CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!

Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting? Are you facing a difficult situation?

Find peace with God, discover more about God or send us your prayer request.

Call The 700 Club Prayer Center at 1 (800) 823-6053, 24 hours a day.

A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.

CBNNews.com

CBNNews.com

CBN News is a national/international, nonprofit news organization that provides programming by cable, satellite, and the Internet, 24-hours a day. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.