Focus on the Family founder James Dobson revealed through his Facebook page Thursday that he will be launching a new non-profit group and radio show in 2010.
The 73-year-old will begin hosting "James Dobson on the Family" with his son, Ryan, in March.
Dobson said the new radio show will cover topics similar to his Focus on the Family broadcast, like traditional marriage, child-rearing and other national issues.
Earlier this year, Dobson had announced he'd be leaving Focus on the Family, which he founded in 1977, to pass leadership on to a new generation by February.
"Many founders and presidents of organizations make the mistake of staying too long, eventually dying and leaving their institutions leaderless," Dobson wrote Thursday. "Now, in 2010, it is time to move on."
He added that he decided on this new endeavor because the nation is in a "moral decline of shocking dimensions.''
"I have asked myself how I can sit and watch the world go by without trying to help if I can," he said.
Dobson urged donations as he estimates operating costs for the show to be at $2 million. Click here to make a donation.
"Please be in prayer for us as we take this step," he said. "We don't want to get ahead of or behind the Lord."
For more on Dobson's new project, visit his Facebook page. To read more of his comments on the decision, click here.