Nearly a thousand Arizonans are waiting to hear when they can return home after being evacuated following Sunday's wildfire near Flagstaff.
"I have never experienced anything like this," Arizona resident Tracy Simpson said. "We just want to go home."
The 14,000-acre fire, which spread from an abandoned campfire, has threatened numerous lives as well as clouded the skies with smoke over the region.
Arizona crews working to battle the blaze have been assuring residents they have contained 20 percent of the fire and secured several previously endangered homes.
Still, authorities have estimated they will be fighting the wildfire for at least the next two weeks.
"It's going to be a long haul," Incident Commander Dugger Hughes said at a news conference Tuesday evening. "But it's looking good."
A ban on campfires goes into effect Wednesday in three Arizona forests.