A soldier who was able to record last year's deadly shooting rampage at Fort Hood told a military court he couldn't present the videos as evidence because an officer ordered him to delete them.
Under cross examination, Pfc. Lance Aviles said his noncommissioned officer ordered him to destroy the two cell phone videos on Nov. 5, the same day of the shooting at the Texas Army base that left 13 dead and 32 others wounded.
The footage could have been used as evidence during the hearings to decide if Maj. Nidal Hasan should stand trial. The 40-year-old American-born Muslim has been charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.
Since the hearings began Tuesday, 29 witnesses have testified.
"I look up, I see the person that was firing just load a magazine in his weapon," witness Maj. Eric Tornia told the court Friday. "At that time he said, 'Allahu akbar' ("God is Great" in Arabic) and he started firing again."
Prosecutors have not said whether they'll seek the death penalty if the case against Hasan goes to trial.