Testimony to Resume in Fort Hood Hearing

Ad Feedback

A military court will hear more testimony on Monday from victims of last year's Fort Hood shootings.

The hearing, which began last week with the testimony of 29 witnesses, will determine if there is enough evidence against accused shooter Maj. Nidal Hasan to go to trial.

While it's unusual to have so many witnesses at such a hearing, "it's a big case and [the investigating officer] is trying to be thorough," explained Richard Stevens, an attorney who defends military cases but is not involved in the Hasan case.

One by one, survivors who took the stand identified 40-year-old Army psychiatrist as the shooter during the attack on the U.S. Army base which occurred on Nov. 5, 2009.

"He's here, sir," one witness said.

"That man is right there, sir," said another witness.

The American-born Muslim has been charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.

 According to Stevens, these types of hearings "are not easy for the defense."

"There is going to be a trial. That's a foregone conclusion," he said. "They're trying to limit what they ask so they don't give away their [trial] strategy."

Log in or create an account to post a comment.  

CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!

Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting? Are you facing a difficult situation?

Find peace with God, discover more about God or send us your prayer request.

Call The 700 Club Prayer Center at 1 (800) 823-6053, 24 hours a day.

A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.

 CBNNews.com

CBNNews.com

CBN News is a national/international, nonprofit news organization that provides programming by cable, satellite, and the Internet, 24-hours a day. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.