One of the Benghazi whistle blowers said he's being "punished" for speaking out about the Obama administration's response the night of the attack.
Gregory Hicks was the deputy chief of mission in Libya. He testified before Congress about the Benghazi attack earlier this year, saying that at least two of the American lives lost could have been saved if the United States had responded in time.
"I don't know exactly what was available. I still don't quite understand why they couldn't fly aircraft over to Benghazi," Hicks said. "When I was a kid I grew up watching Western movies and you know the calvary always came. I just thought that they would come."
Now Hicks claims the State Department is punishing him for speaking out. He said he hasn't been reassigned to a post since being called back from Libya.
"I don't know why I was shunted aside, put in a closet, if you will," Hicks told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos.
The State Department denied the accusations and said it's working on reassigning him.
"The State Department has not punished Mr. Hicks in any way," spokesman Alec Gerlach said. "We appreciate his exemplary service on the evening of September 11 and his long career as a member of the Foreign Service."
"Because he has alleged mistreatment, we will state generally that the circumstances that led to his departure from Libya was entirely unrelated to any statements he may have made relating to the attack in Benghazi," Gerlach said.