Everywhere you look, there's plenty to make you worry about America.
Struggling politically, economically and socially, the nation finds itself plagued by the following:
- An overpowering government that taxes too much and spends more than it takes in
- The decline of traditional marriage
- Four out of 10 children being born out of wedlock
- The rise of drug use, pornography and human trafficking
- An IRS that harasses Christian organizations
Many Americans wonder if there's any reason to hope that better days lie ahead.
What can turn back this downward spiral?
In his new book, Awakening: How America Can Turn from Economic and Moral Destruction Back to Greatness, Ralph Reed said greatness begins with a spiritual awakening.
Reed, founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, discussed his first non-fiction book in 18 years and how Christian Americans can function in a society that continually threatens a biblical worldview, on "The 700 Club," March 19.