Haiti to Relocate 400,000 Quake Homeless

Ad Feedback

Haitian officials are planning to relocate 400,000 people from makeshift camps to the outskirts of Port-au-Prince. The plan is aimed at staving off the spread of disease at settlements across the city.

Homeless families have been living with no sanitation under tents, tarps or nothing at all. An estimated 2 million people were left homeless by last week's devastating earthquake.

Search and rescue teams in Haiti said there is little chance of finding more survivors in the wreckage from the earthquake.

Meanwhile, aftershocks continue to rock the country. A brief 5.9 trembler Thursday sent some earthquake survivors into the streets in the middle of the night. The shock was not as strong as several others since the 7.0 earthquake.

Geological experts said it is possible aftershocks could continue for months or even years.

Log in or create an account to post a comment.  

CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!

Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting? Are you facing a difficult situation?

Find peace with God, discover more about God or send us your prayer request.

Call The 700 Club Prayer Center at 1 (800) 823-6053, 24 hours a day.

A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.

 CBNNews.com

CBNNews.com

CBN News is a national/international, nonprofit news organization that provides programming by cable, satellite, and the Internet, 24-hours a day. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.