150,000 Quake Victims Buried, Gov't Says

Ad Feedback

The Haitian government says the confirmed death toll from the earthquake has reached 150,000.

But that number only includes the dead who have been found so far in the capital city of Port-au-Prince.

"Nobody knows how many bodies are buried in the rubble - 200,000? 300,000? Who knows the overall death toll?" Communications Minister Marie-Laurence Jocelyn Lassegue said Sunday.

Meanwhile, the government has officially called off search and rescue operations.

They are now turning their attention to making sure survivors get food and water.

Aid agencies say supplies are reaching more people now, but are still short of meeting the needs.

Officials from around the world are meeting in Montréal, Canada on Monday to discuss ways to better coordinate relief efforts in Haiti.

Log in or create an account to post a comment.  

CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!

Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting? Are you facing a difficult situation?

Find peace with God, discover more about God or send us your prayer request.

Call The 700 Club Prayer Center at 1 (800) 823-6053, 24 hours a day.

A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.

 CBNNews.com

CBNNews.com

CBN News is a national/international, nonprofit news organization that provides programming by cable, satellite, and the Internet, 24-hours a day. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.