Invisible Children has released a sequel to the "Kony 2012" documentary that got millions of viewers interested in the plight of child soldiers and war crimes in Africa.
The activist group unveiled the initial 30-minute video on YouTube March 5 to raise international awareness of the killings, kidnappings and other atrocities carried out by Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army.
More than 86 million people have viewed that video since.
Invisible Children says the sequel provides details and more context than the original.
Watch 'Kony 2012 Part II: Beyond Famous' below.
It also updates viewers on "Cover the Night," a worldwide event promoted during the first video that takes place April 20 and urges volunteers to plaster their cities with information about Joseph Kony.
Critics argued that the first "Kony 2012" was too simplistic and contained historically inaccurate facts.
"Joseph Kony is not in Uganda and hasn't been for six years," former foreign policy intern and Ph.D. student Michael Wilkerson blogged.
He went on to question "how millions of well-meaning but misinformed people are going to help deal with a more complicated reality."
Invisible Children also came under fire last month after founder Jason Russell was detained after making bizarre gestures and running naked in the street.
Family and friends said his odd behavior was due to severe exhaustion and the pressure of the newfound popularity since "Kony 2012" released.