Egypt is allowing the release of seven Americans at the center of the worst crisis in U.S. relations with Egypt in 30 years.
Officials in Egypt said Wednesday that travel restrictions blocking seven pro-democracy workers from leaving the country would be lifted.
They are among a group of 16 Americans accused of inciting riots against the Egyptian regime and creating unrest.
The United States had been involved with negotiations with Egypt over the ordeal, which threatened to halt $1.5 billion in U.S. aid to Egypt.
It's still not clear whether the charges against the Americans would be dropped.
However, defense lawyer Tharwat Abdel-Shaheed said seven of the Americans could only leave if they post bail set at about $300,000.