CBS Back Tracks on '60 Minutes' Benghazi Report

Ad Feedback

CBS News is apologizing after information provided in a Oct. 27 "60 Minutes" report on last year's attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was found to be questionable.

Security contractor Dylan Davies was one of two security advisers interviewed who gave the news magazine what he claimed was an eyewitness account of the attack that left four Americans dead.

But on Sunday, CBS News foreign correspondent Lara Logan revealed the information Davies provided the FBI did not match what he told "60 Minutes."

"We realized we had been misled and it was a mistake to include him in our report. For that we are very sorry," Logan said.

The news magazine's executive producer, Jeff Fager, has vowed to review the incident.

"I don't think people expect we're going to always be perfect," he told The Hollwood Reporter. "But I really do believe that as a broadcast, we need to explain it and tell people we made a mistake rather than try to beat around the bush."

Log in or create an account to post a comment.  

CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!

Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting? Are you facing a difficult situation?

Find peace with God, discover more about God or send us your prayer request.

Call The 700 Club Prayer Center at 1 (800) 823-6053, 24 hours a day.

A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.

CBNNews.com

CBNNews.com

CBN News is a national/international, nonprofit news organization that provides programming by cable, satellite, and the Internet, 24-hours a day. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.