The judges presiding over the trial of some of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood leaders have resigned, citing "uneasiness" over the trial for their departure.
The move forces the trial of 35 Brotherhood leaders to start all over, though Tuesday was only its second session.
The trial began in August in the Criminal Court's chamber. But the defendants were unable to appear because of the risk of protests.
There had been pressure for the trials to be held in a prison as tighter security would have allowed the defendants to be present.
The lawyer for Muslim Brotherhood top leader, Mohammed Badie, said the judges decided to leave because of the pressure to move the trial.
"The judges refused, but the pressure continued," he said. "This is not a trial, this is a farce."
The defendants include six senior leaders, including Badie and his deputy Khairat el-Shater, the group's powerful financier.
Four other Brotherhood figures are on trial on charges of incitement. The charges stem from June 30 clashes that left nine dead when Brotherhood members opened fire on protesters storming their Cairo headquarters.