Biblical Rules for a Happy Marriage
New Life Ministries
- Never bring up mistakes of the past.
Stop criticizing others or it will come back on you. If
you forgive others, you will be forgiven (Luke 6:37).
- Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
And how do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your
own soul in the process? (Mark 8:36)
- Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
And don't sin by letting anger gain control over you. Don't let the
sun go down while you are still angry (Ephesians 4:26).
- At least once a day, try to say something complimentary to your
Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the
spirit (Proverbs 15:4).
- Never meet without an affectionate welcome.
Kiss me again and again, your love is sweeter than wine (Song
of Solomon 1:2).
- "For richer or poorer" - rejoice in every moment that God has given
A bowl of soup with someone you love is better than steak with someone
you hate (Proverbs 15:17).
- If you have a choice between making yourself or your mate look
good, choose your mate.
Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it's in your
power to help them (Proverbs 3:27).
- If they're breathing, your mate will eventually offend you. Learn
I am warning you, if another believer sins, rebuke him; then if he
repents, forgive him. Even if he wrongs you seven times a day and each
time turns again and asks forgiveness, forgive him (Luke 17:3,4).
- Don't use faith, the Bible, or God as a hammer.
God did not send His Son into the world to condemn it, but to save
it (John 3:17).
- Let love be your guidepost.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud
or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable and
it keeps no record of when it has been wronged (1 Cor. 13:4,5).
Used by permission of New Life Ministries. New Life Ministries has a variety
of resources on men, women, and relationships. Call 1-800-NEW-LIFE or visit
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.