Great Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List
By Hannah Goodwyn
CBN.com Droves of determined shoppers will soon storm the malls of the world and flood online stores. The mission: to find a present for everyone and their sister. It’s hard sometimes to know what to get that isn't an overdone, traditional gift – a neck tie for dad, bath salts for mom, and a video game for your brother.
Here’s a list of gift ideas for your adult friends and family that you might want to consider before you start into the always adventurous Christmas shopping mode:
- Fly Away – Purchase a gift card from an airline to go toward a trip of the gift receiver’s choice. Place the card in a photo album that they can put pictures in after their trip.
- Traveling Dreams – Sign them up for a subscription to a travel magazine, such as Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. Throw in a cushy travel pillow and Globe Trekker’s World Book for great ideas on where they can go next.
The Sports Fan
- Sport Your Team – Get two tickets to a game your sports fan will love. You can opt to go the inexpensive route by getting tickets to a minor league game instead of a pro game. Wrap the tickets inside a team T-shirt.
- Watching the Game – For homebodies, make a basket with a nice array of snacks (cheeses, crackers, dips, chips, candy) they can munch on while they cheer on their favorite team..
The Entertainment Buff
- Picture Perfect Fan – Search eBay.com for an autographed photo of their favorite actor, singer, or athlete. Be sure to follow eBay's authenticity tips to make sure you get a real autograph. Frame it and gift it along with a DVD of that movie or TV show or the latest CD from that artist.
- Movies Coming to You – Get your friends or family the gift that keeps on giving – a Netflix (or the like) subscription. The movies and TV shows they want to see will come to them. Put the gift card inside a bucket with their favorite popcorn.
The Avid Reader
- Readin’ 'n Snackin’ – Indulge your reader friend with a big basket full of tasty snacks, a handy bookmark, and a gift card to their favorite booksellers.
- Original Book List – Make a list of some of your favorite books, attach a gift certificate to the list, and let them pick from your suggestions what to read next.
The Coffee Drinker
- Coffee Goodies – Find a rich blend of a great tasting international coffee (Cuban, Costa Rican, and Colombian – just to name a few). Add a coffee grinder, so they can make a truly fresh cup of coffee.
- On-the-Go Java – Give them a big travel mug that will help their morning run smoother as they grab and go. Supply a great blend of instant coffee and a giant muffin or two for those days they are running late.
The Chocolate Lover
- Fondue for You – Along with a fondue pot and chocolate, provide them with some starters: marshmallows, fresh strawberries, pound cake bites, peanut butter crackers, and chilled banana slices.
- Tasty Treats – Roll your sleeves up and put your pastry chef’s hat on to make a scrumptious array of candies (Need recipe ideas? Check out AllRecipes.com). If you don’t have time to be a candy maker, find a local candy shop or one online that delivers, such as Savannah Sweets (oh, so good!).
The Outdoor Explorer
- In Your Name – For your environment-conscious friend, donate to a non-profit organization, such as the Wildlife Conservation Society, or adopt a rainforest through the Rainforest Alliance in their honor.
- An Adventure Day – Give them the gift of adventure by supplying them with a gift certificate to go scuba diving or deep sea fishing, pay for a ski pass or a kayak rental.
Ideas for the Younger Ones on Your List
Gift Cards for Teens. Give the freedom of choice. Find out their favorite store and get them a certificate, so they can go wild during the post-Christmas sales.
The Chronicles of Narnia. Encourage your nieces, nephews, sons, and daughters to read. C.S. Lewis’ book series is a great gift for young, enthusiastic readers.
No matter what you end up buying, remember what’s most important this holiday season – spending quality time with your family and friends and celebrating the birth of God’s Son.
Hannah Goodwyn serves as the Family and Entertainment producer for CBN.com. For more articles and information, visit Hannah's bio page.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.