10 Tell-Tale Signs of Depression
By Steve Arterburn
New Life Ministries
Do you feel like crying more often now than you normally have in the past?
Do you feel sad or blue much of the time? When you see yourself in the
mirror, do you appear to be sad, or do others comment that you no longer
2. Do you frequently have a sense of hopelessness or helplessness? Do
you think that nothing matters or that nothing will do any good? Does
the phrase, ³What¹s the use?² comes to mind frequently?
3. Do you have less motivation and interest in activities, hobbies, work
or relationships you have previously enjoyed?
4. Has your sleep pattern changed? Do you find yourself unable to sleep at
night, or struggling with restlessness that leaves you tired in the morning?
Do you have trouble getting out of bed, wanting to sleep all day?
5. Have you had thoughts recently that life is just not worth living? Do
you wish God would just take you home?
6. Do you dread the beginning of a new day, the anticipation of your responsibilities,
decisions, and meetings with co-workers or others?
7. Are you anxious and stressed? Are you worried and concerned about the
past or about what the future may hold?
8. Have your eating patterns changed? Have you lost your appetite? Is even
favorite food no longer of interest? Are you eating much more than you previously
did, perhaps even an excessive intake of junk foods?
9. Do you have less energy than usual? Are there other physical symptoms
that differ from the past, such as frequency of headaches, upset stomach,
constipation, or rapid heartbeat?
10. Do you feel that you are not functioning as well at work as you have
in the past, and that others are beginning to notice this?
New Life Ministries has many helpful resources that deal with this issue. If
you would like to find a Christian counselor in your area, we can help. Call
us, toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-NEW-LIFE and we'll help
in any way we can. Or visit our Web site and browse through resources about
depression at www.newlife.com.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.