'Big Bang' A Big Deal?
By Stacie Ruth Stoelting
Imagine how funny it would be to be in a room full of silly people who pretended you never existed. You’d try to talk, but they’d say, “Man, your iPod sure is loud. I can hear a voice from here.” You’d touch someone on the shoulder and they’d shrug and say, “I must have bumped into something.”
How crazy! Well, in effect, that’s what some of today’s scientists are doing. They intellectualize and try to impress each other to the point that they no longer see what’s so obvious: God. Recent headlines feature how some scientists purportedly desire to prove the Big Bang Theory.
The AP opened a recent story about the Big Bang experiment with this: “A small blip on a computer screen sent champagne corks popping among physicists in Switzerland. Near Chicago, researchers at a ‘pajama party’ who watched via satellite let out an early morning cheer.”
What’s up with all of this secular excitement? They seek to prove the Big Bang theory, which is a foundational concept for evolution. Over $9 billion dollars poured into making a machine to simulate the premises of the Big Bang Theory.
But I laugh. God laughs with me. I know that the whole theory makes God laugh because “Only fools say in their hearts, ‘There is no God.’ They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!” (Ps. 14:1, NLT)
Yes, God laughs when the ridiculous idea of “Big Bang” is discussed. “The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.” (Ps. 2:4, NIV)
1. Go back to a child-like honesty and innocence: Rediscover the truth of the Creator’s love. He didn’t have to create you. But He did. He loves you so much. “…the LORD your God loves you.” (Deut. 23:5, NIV) Without question, God still loves people who believe the Big Bang Theory. He never removes His love from them and desires them to give up their foolishness and become His child: “The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people's conception of slowness, but He is long-suffering (extraordinarily patient) toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance.” (II Peter 3:9, AMP)
2. Access some resources that promote the truth of Creation. Dr. Ken Ham, Carl Kerby, and countless others recently built a museum to counteract the Big Bang Theory and all other evolutionistic theories. I was blessed to recently visit the museum. I toured the gorgeous grounds and enjoyed the scientific proofs for creation. Some people still desire to learn the intellectual side of why the Big Bang Theory cannot be true. For them, countless resources exist to help them see why it is impossible to believe the Big Bang Theory. If you’d like to learn more about the countless proofs supporting the validity of creation, utilize this fantastic resource: Answers in Genesis. The organization included a superb article to confront this headlining news. You can read it by clicking here.
3. Think about it: If the Large Hadron Collider had no creator, would it exist? One main point expounded upon at the museum includes some powerful thoughts that blow apart the Big Band Theory: Where did the particles and atoms come from? Where did the energy come from to collide the said particles?
4. Remember: No matter whether you put your faith in man-created science or something else, God remains. Even if you’ve been hurt by the church or by so-called Christians in the past, God remains the loving, true, good God as always. Your Creator-God loves you. He wants you to let Him hold you and teach you the real wisdom and you’ll be smarter than the world. “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” (Prov. 9:10, NKJV)
5. Let God blow away your Big Bang beliefs and fill you instead with His love, peace, creativity, and power. Believe and receive Him today by clicking here. With Him, life is an adventure. But He gives more than a big bang. He gives us His love.
Note from the Author:
Connected! isn’t a typical monthly column. Think of it as an e-mail. Feel free to reply. Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or add me to your "Friends" on Facebook. After all, I want to be a friend and introduce you to my Best Friend, Jesus Christ. We’ll cover issues relevant to our generation. Most of all, we’ll connect with Christ. If you don’t know how to connect with Him yet, click here.
As a Christian singer who, in her words, “counters the counter-culture,” Stacie Ruth Stoelting and Bright Light Ministry share how to have true victory over tragedies and trials. She loves Jesus! And she loves to help people. (She knows what it feels like to “wistfully wish for help.” That memory helps to ignite her passion to help others.) Though young, she already has experience: At 15, Stacie Ruth wrote Still Holding Hands: Bonus Tips for Caregivers & Tips for Helping Families Facing Alzheimer’s, depicting her grandparents’ romance, and victory over Alzheimer’s. Celebrities (i.e. Pat Robertson) endorsed it and/or Bright Light Ministry. At 20, she sang for President Bush. In dramatic programs for all ages, she speaks, acts, sings and entertainingly inspires. Feel free to invite her to speak and/or sing at your church or school. Visit www.brightlightministry.com.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.