rich minds, rich rewards
Is God Trying to Tell You Something?
CBN.com Every once and awhile, when a similar message keeps crossing my path or a door refuses to open no matter how hard I pry, the song "God is Trying to Tell You Something" will bubble up in my spirit. It happened to me this week as I noticed that under my breath I was humming the tune. I couldn't help but log onto YouTube to watch the famous scene from my favorite movie, The Color Purple, in which the song marks a pivotal point in the story line.
Perhaps this week, our paths are crossing because there is a message God is trying to send you, too. Is there a problem that keeps recurring, a theme that keeps showing up in your work or life, a message that has been communicated through multiple people that it's time for you to acknowledge?
It can be tempting to ignore messages we don't want to hear, or to take for granted the positive messages that come through other people. But it's important to be open to life's messages in their various forms. Sometimes the message is a warning - "Stop that." Sometimes it's a nudge - "Get ready." At other times, it's an encouragement - "You're on the right path." Whatever the message, your job is to listen.
In order to listen, we need to be open and sensitive to messages. Often, things that happen are not simply a coincidence. Here are a few ways God might be trying to tell you something:
- The same issue keeps showing up again and again -- maybe it's time to address it.
- If you don't feel at peace about something, there may be a message in the turmoil.
- If you do feel at peace, there can be a message in that, too.
- A similar idea or theme keeps showing up - perhaps there is something to learn.
- You're having trouble taking constructive criticism; instead you are making excuses for areas of your life where there is room for improvement.
- A door has closed in some area of your life - perhaps there is something better or different on the horizon.
My challenge to you this week:
Pay attention to the messages that repeatedly show up in your life.
What is God trying to tell you lately? What do you need to do as a result of that message?
By the way, if you haven't seen it - or haven't seen it in a while, enjoy the "God is trying to tell you something" scene from The Color Purple here:
A sought-after life coach and speaker, Valorie Burton seeks to inspire people to live more fulfilling, less stressful lives. She is the author of Listen to Your Life, What’s Really Holding You Back?, Rich Minds, Rich Rewards, Why Not You? 28 Days to Authentic Confidence, and How Did I Get So Busy?.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.