Twenty Ways to Look Younger
By Shelly Ballestero
Recently I visited St. Augustine, Florida with my family and we found the fountain of youth! Well actually Ponce De Leon did… however it was fun to experience the historical park and drink from the fountain (no, I did not come out looking 20 again).
Even though I did not gain youthful years back from a legendary fountain–you can achieve a youthful glow by following these beauty & health tips. Plus you will see results within 24 hours! Best of all, they are non-toxic and earth friendly.
Twenty Ways to Look Younger Tomorrow:
- Frownies. These little tape devices work miracles without needles and have been around for a hundred years. Wear them at night or for at least four hours and you will see results. Warning: Your husband may think you look like a mummy.
- Make a mate latté. Yerba mate tea tastes great and comes in many flavors. Heat water almost to boiling, steep for 10 minutes, strain, and then top it off with steamed, frothy milk (or use almond milk and a dash of cinnamon). Do not drink mate if you are taking an MAO inhibitor, as the combination may raise blood pressure.
- Positive attitude. Various researches have shown that optimism increases good health. Start with positive self-talk: “I can handle this.” Try to avoid criticizing yourself!
- Care for hands and feet. Exfoliate and then, before bed, mix avocado oil and primrose oil in equal parts, apply a few drops to hands and feet, cover with gloves and socks, and go to sleep.
- Detox for a day and drink tea! rooibos (red tea). This South African tea has collagen-building copper, as well as vitamin C and other antioxidants.
- Seaweed Detox Bath. Take some Nori flakes and place in cheesecloth, tie at the top. Place the pouch in the warm bath water, squeeze and rub the pouch in targeted areas.
- Whiten your teeth. Try whitening strips while reading a book before you doze off.
- Sleep. Get at least eight hours of sleep. Try to go to bed before 10 p.m. Tip: Listen to calming music for 45 minutes before bedtime. (I’ve heard of a study showing that music helped elderly folks sleep longer and feel less tired the next day. This may be because music decreases a key stress hormone in the body.)
- Sleep with a contour pillow, the affordable alternative to pricey beauty pillows. The Anti-Wrinkle Pillow made by Eyetopia™ stretches the neck and reduces the pressure of face to pillow (which, in turn, reduces wrinkles!)
- Look Younger with a fake tan, use a bronzer or sunless tanning Lotion- it will soften the appearance of imperfections (look for natural ingredients).
- Use eye-hydrating goggles. Saturate cotton pads with an herbal calming tonic such as argan or neem oil and place in these specially designed, hydrating goggles. Sleep in them or remove after 30 minutes.
- De-puff. Cut back on white flour and sugar for 24 hours. Refined carbs cause your body to retain water, making your face “puffy.”
- Pimple zapper. Blend one packet of brewers yeast and a few drops of lemon juice and apply as a mask before bed. As the mixture hardens, it pushes away debris clogging your pores.
- Throw on another pillow. Fifteen minutes before rising from bed in the morning, place an extra pillow under your head. This will help de-puff your eyes.
- Cut down on salt. Salt makes you retain water. Avoid fast foods and switch to Spice Hunters, my favorite spices. My mom is now also a believer in these tasty salt-free spices. (Those with high blood pressure should only have 250mg a day; the average person, 3,000mg or less. If you are active and sweat a lot, you may need more.)
- Pray. Thank God for everything before bed and before you get up. Be grateful!
- Be joyful. A happy person looks younger because a smile sheds years.
- Plump away your wrinkles. Drink eight to ten glasses of water with lemon a day. Your skin will be more hydrated and the appearance of wrinkles less pronounced, while lemon helps with digestion. (Tip, squeeze some lemon on a cotton ball, and pat around eye, this helps to exfoliate as well—be careful of eye area).
- Avoid sugar. It dries out your skin and promotes wrinkles.
- Choose an herbal coffee instead of a regular cup of joe. In a coffee/tea press, make Teeccino Vanilla Nut caffeine-free herbal coffee, then mix with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, half a drop of Pure Inventions vanilla cocoa, and 1/2 tsp Xylitol—or add a little organic half-and-half (it’s a vanilla-cocoa delight!).
When all else fails, live by what Jesus said in Matthew 6:34, You’ve got enough problems for today, so don’t worry about tomorrow.
Shelly Ballestero is a licensed esthetician, make-up artist, beauty editor of Lifestyle Magazine, and author.
Shelly has studied under Emmy Award winner Eve Pearl, head make-up artist for ABC's The View. In addition, Shelly is one of the make-up experts for Jane Iredale cosmetics and participates in the International Esthetics, Cosmetics & Spa conference. Shelly and her husband, Angelo, a worship pastor, live in Windermere, Florida, with their two children.
(Photo of Shelly courtesy of Katie Meehan, www.phfocus.com.)
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.