Lives have been devastated by Typhoon Haiyan.
You can help survivors today!
Since August 11, 2013, the Philippines have been hit by:
- Four major typhoons
- A series of major cyclonic storms
- Severe monsoon flooding in the capital city of Manila
- A 7.5 point earthquake, destroying major portions of several cities and numerous villages
- More than 3000 damaging aftershocks
- A violent insurgency in Zamboanga, where Muslim militants have been attempting to establish a separate Muslim state
Then on November 8th, Typhoon Haiyan hit the Philippines with incredible sustained winds in excess of 195 miles per hour and gusts as high as 235 miles per hour. Cities and towns across the country were wiped off the map, leaving families to cope with their grief while trying to survive from one day to the next. Much of the country's infrastructure and communication lines were also destroyed, making the relief effort more difficult.
Right now CBN disaster relief teams are on the ground in some of the hardest hit areas, distributing relief goods to victims. CBN is also coordinating with the military, giving them relief goods for areas that have been cut off from the rest of the country.
CBN is sending:
- Water, medicine, canned food, and rice
- Mats and blankets
- Stuffed toys for the traumatized children
- Medical personnel, who are in position to begin medical missions shortly
- Several state-of-the-art water purification devices—these units will be able to disinfect thousands of gallons of water each day in country.
Your gift now will help ease the tremendous suffering caused by this and other disasters.
Please give now!