What Does It Mean to Be Saved?
By Jennifer Devlin
What does it mean when someone says they are ‘saved?’
Upon conversion to Christianity, all people go through the following process:
- Confess that they are a sinner in need of a Savior
- Repent from that sin
- Acknowledge and believe that Jesus is the One Savior who can take away their sin (because of His deity, and His death and resurrection)
- Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the promised Messiah
- Receive the Holy Spirit to guide them in daily life
- Have their names written in the Lamb’s book of life, where upon death they will not be destined to a life separated from God – instead, they will be ‘saved’ from eternity in hell, and receive access to heaven and eternal fellowship with God
The term ‘saved’ simply refers to the standing a believer has in Jesus Christ. With the guarantee of heaven, believers are ‘saved’ from eternal damnation in hell. All who are believers are sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ, and seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord…’saved’ to be with God in heaven.
Do You Want a Relationship with God?
If you want this kind of relationship with God, pray this prayer right now:
Lord Jesus Christ, I believe that you took the pain of the cross to give me new life. I ask you to come into my life and to give me your peace and joy. I confess that I am a sinner -- that I have gone my own way and have done wrong. Please forgive me for my sins. I receive you now as my Lord and Savior. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit. Help me to follow you and to serve you all my life. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, you are now a child of God. The things of your old life have passed away and He has made all things new.
We want to join you in celebrating your new life. Please send us an e-mail to let us know that you prayed to receive Jesus as your Savior. Or you can call our Prayer Counseling Center at (800) 759-0700. A caring friend is available to talk with you and send you some resources to help you begin your walk with the Lord.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.