We must always pray
with the authority and power that was given to us by Jesus Christ because of
His victory on the Cross.
All victory on earth flows from the finished work of Calvary.
Our intercession is enforcing the dominion and rule of Jesus Christ as the King
of Kings and Lord of Lords. The enemy was defeated at the Cross. We enforce
his defeat through prayer, like a police officer enforcing the laws of a state.
It is our high calling as Christians to pray with the authority of our King,
Key Scriptures to remember, pray, and proclaim:
- "The Son of God appeared for this purpose, that He might destroy
the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8).
- "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth"
- "In this way, God disarmed the evil rulers and authorities. He shamed
them publicly by His victory over them on the cross of Christ" (Colossians
"He stripped all the spiritual tyrants in the universe of their sham
authority at the Cross and marched them naked through the streets"
(Colossians 2:15, The Message).
- "Behold, I have given you authority to trample upon serpents and
scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall injure
you" (Luke 10: 19).
- "I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven,
and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell
you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will
be done for you by my Father in heaven" (Matthew 18:18-19).
- "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything
according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears
us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked
of Him" (1 John 5: 14-15).
- "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that
you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:24).