The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

700 Club Canada: December 19, 2012

Watch the 700 Club Canada for December 19, 2012. Read Transcript


HELLO, I'M BRIAN WARREN.

AND I'M LAURA-LYNN TYLER

THOMPSON.

WELCOME TO TODAY'S SHOW.

LAURA-LYNN, YOU KNOW,

CHRISTMAS CAN BRING OUT THE

WORST AND THE BEST IN PEOPLE

THIS TIME OF YEAR.

WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN THE BEST

AND WORST THIS TIME OF YEAR?

YOU KNOW, WHAT I THINK OF,

BRIAN, IS A FRIEND WHO I

SHOULDN'T NAME -- WHY NOT, HER

NAME IS SANDY.

OH, WOW.

SHE WAS DOING -- SHE HAS A

POPCORN POPPER.

MAY NOT BE A FRIEND ANY MORE

DEPENDING ON THE STORY.

JUST THE OTHER NIGHT SHE

PUTS THE POPCORN IN THE AIR

POPPER AND WALKS AWAY WITH NO

BOWL UNDERNEATH.

ISN'T THAT FUNNY?

YOU KNOW WHAT?

WHEN YOU HAVE LAURA-LYNN AS A

FRIEND, SANDY, I'M PRAYING FOR

YOU.

MADE MY WHOLE DAY.

WE'RE EXCITE TODAY SHARE

THIS PIECE WITH YOU TODAY.

YOU GET AN INSIDE LOOK AT OUR

NEW MINISTRY PARTNER SEW ON

FIRE AND SEE THIS NEW

PARTNERSHIP, WHAT IT'S ALREADY

ACCOMPLISHED HERE IN CANADA AND

ALL AROUND THE WORLD.

ALSO SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO

RYAN CALDWELL WHEN HIS FATHER

KNELT DOWN BESIDE THE CHRISTMAS

TREE AND PRAYED FOR HIS DRUG

ADDICTED SON.

RYAN'S STORY WILL REMIND US ALL

THAT GOD CAN HANDLE ALL OUR

STUFF, ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS, AND

CAN EVEN TURN IT AROUND.

ALSO WE'LL CONTINUE OUR

FASCINATING SERIES ON HIDDEN

SECRETS FOUND IN THE BIBLE.

BUT FIRST, WE'D LIKE TO

INTRODUCE YOU TO SEW ON FIRE.

UM-HM.

WELL, IT WAS A PERSONAL

COMMITMENT I MADE TO CLOTHE 100

BABIES, KNIT A HUNDRED PAIRS OF

MITTS AND TO SHOW A HUNDRED

CLOTH BAGS LIKE SAMARITAN,

PERSONAL HYGIENE ITEMS AND

THESE PAJAMAS THAT I WANTED TO

MAKE FOR BABES.

AND THAT ALL HAPPENED, AND I

REALLY BELIEVE IT WAS AFTER I

DID A 40-DAY FAST THE PREVIOUS

YEAR, I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I

WAS DOING WHAT GOD PUT ME ON

THIS EARTH FOR.

OUR HOUSE CHANGED WITHIN TWO

WEEKS.

BECAME A MANUFACTURING PLANT.

EVERY NIGHT FOR THE FIRST YEAR

PEOPLE CAME TO OUR HOME EVERY

SINGLE NIGHT TO HELP ME SORT,

PACK, SEW BAGS, SEW MITTS, AND

WE JUST -- WE JUST HAD A BLAST.

AND OUR HOUSE CHANGED FOR ONE

FULL YEAR.

> I REMEMBER PHONING A FRIEND.

I SAID, LISTEN, I JUST -- WE

NEED TO PRAY TOGETHER BECAUSE

GOD SAID THAT HE'LL GIVE ME

EVERYTHING I NEED.

I ONLY HAD ABOUT $800 IN THE

BANK.

> BY THE END OF THE WEEK I

HAD LIKE THREE PHONE CALLS.

A LAID FRIDAY WINNIPEG, I'VE

BEEN TRYING TO REACH YOU FOR

MONTHS AND I WANT TO SEND YOU A

CHECK.

ANOTHER LADY SAID, I JUST WANT

TO CONFIRM YOUR ADDRESS BECAUSE

I WANT TO SEND YOU A CHECK.

AND I GOT HER CHECK THE END OF

THAT WEEK FOR $6,000.

AND, YOU KNOW, WHAT?

THE TONS OF LITTLE THINGS LIKE

THAT HAPPENED [...].

BY THE END OF THAT TWO WEEKS, I

THINK IT WAS OVER $11,000 HAD

COME IN.

BUT THIS IS THE FATHER'S HEART,

TO CARE FOR THE WHICH HAD OWES,

THE ORPHANS AND THE POOR.

SO, THAT'S WHY THIS PLACE, I

KNOW THAT IT WILL NEVER BE EMPTY

.

I'M PRETTY SURE I WILL NEVER

NOT HAVE THE MONEY [...]

BECAUSE I REALLY BELIEVE THAT

THIS IS, THIS IS THE FATHER'S

HEART.

THIS IS WHAT HE CARES ABOUT.

THIS IS PURE RELIGION.

AND I'M SO HAPPY THAT I GET TO

TAG ON IN THIS RIDE, RIGHT?

SEW ON FIRE IS 100%

VOLUNTEER.

EVERYTHING IS GIVEN FREELY.

WE HAVE FILLED THE WAREHOUSE

WITH ALL KINDS OF ITEMS THAT WE

WANT TO PUT, REUSE, RECYCLE,

REDISTRIBUTE ALL OVER THE WORLD.

IT ISN'T OVERWHELMING FOR ME AT

ALL, BUT WE'VE NEVER TRIED TO

GROW IT OUT OF OURSELVES.

I'VE NEVER TRIED TO MAKE IT BIG.

I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO KEEP IT

SMALL.

I NEVER WANTED TO START A

MINISTRY.

ALL OUR BAGS ARE MADE OUT OF

MATERIAL WE SEW.

BABY PAJAMAS AND NITS AND ALL

THIS KIND OF STUFF THAT WE HAVE

ALL THIS ACCESS AT OUR

FINGERTIPS, WHICH IS INCREDIBLE.

SOME OF THE MATERIALS WE GET

ARE 15, 20, 30, $40 A YARD AND

PEOPLE GIVE IT TO US FREE.

SO, THAT'S, THAT'S FANTASTIC

AND WE'RE SO GRATEFUL.

[...]

> I WAS THRILLED WHEN I GOT A

CALL FROM 700 CLUB BECAUSE THEY

WERE TALKING ABOUT PARTNERING

TOGETHER.

I'M SAYING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING,

WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

THEY'RE DESCRIBING THIS TRIP

THEY'RE GOING TO NORTHERN

QUEBEC AND ALSO MAINE,

LABRADOR, VISITING TWO FIRST

STATION RESERVES.

JUST THE NEED, DO YOU THINK WE

COULD GET SOME BACK PACKS FOR

CHILDREN GOING BACK INTO

SCHOOL?

[...]

AND THEY ACTUALLY BROUGHT AN

OFFICE TEAM DOWN FROM TORONTO

AND WE SAT AROUND THIS TABLE

AND PACKED 200 BAGS VERY

QUICKLY.

WE CAN DO A HUNDRED BAGS IN 20

MINUTES.

THOSE BAGS WERE FULL BECAUSE I

KNOW WE HAD THE HATS AND MITT

SETS IN THERE, AND WE HAD SOME

CLOTHING AND ALL THE SCHOOL

SUPPLIES, PERSONAL HYGIENE

ITEMS AND TOYS AND DIFFERENT

THINGS.

WE WANT TO BE STRONG AND WE

WANT TO BE AVAILABLE, AND YOU

CAN SEE TODAY LIKE HUNDREDS OF

VOLUNTEERS THAT WERE HERE OVER

THE YEARS, YOU KNOW, THEY'RE

COMING IN TO SERVE.

AND THERE'S A LOT OF PEOPLE

THAT WANT TO PARTNER ALONG WITH

YOU TO, YOU KNOW, PACK UP THE

BAGS, PREPARE, OPEN PACKAGING,

WHATEVER JOB IS NECESSARY.

SO, PARTNERSHIPS ARE SO

INCREDIBLE.

IT'S THE BIGGEST PART OF HOW

SEW ON FIRE EVEN STARTED.

LAURA-LYNN, THAT'S SO COOL.

YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE

IMPACT OF ONE PERSON, HOW THAT

IMPACT CAN HAVE A RIPPLE EFFECT

RIGHT ACROSS THE WORLD --

YEAH.

-- YOU KNOW, WENDY HAGAR, IT

IS TRULY --

YOU KNOW, I'M TRYING TO

THINK --

INSPIRING.

WAS IT DORCAS IN THE BIBLE

OR --

A MERCHANT OF PURPLE, YES.

SHE WAS SO SIGNIFICANT TO

THE KINGDOM.

SHE KNEW HOW TO SEW.

IT'S SOMETHING I'M NOT EVER

GOING TO BE VERY GOOD AT, YOU

KNOW.

YEAH.

BUT HERE IS A WOMAN WHO

TAKES HER TALENT AND HER GIFT

AND LITERALLY CHANGES THE WORLD.

THAT'S RIGHT.

YOU KNOW?

AND WE'RE SO EXCITED TO BE

PARTNERING WITH SEW ON FIRE AS

WELL BECAUSE NOT ONLY IN

NEWFOUNDLAND, LABRADOR, BUT

RAPIDLY.

RAPID LAKE.

AND ACROSS CANADA.

WE'RE SEEING THAT SAME POWER

CHANGE COMMUNITIES.

[...]

AND IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR

PARTNERSHIP AS WELL.

YEAH.

I KNOW THERE ARE GREAT

THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING IN

YOUR LIFE AND WE'D LIKE IT HEAR

EVEN MORE AND MORE ABOUT THAT.

BUT YOU'RE GOING TO -- THIS IS

NOT THE LAST TIME YOU'LL HEAR

ABOUT SEW ON FIRE SO WE'RE

THRILLED ABOUT WHAT THIS MEANS

FOR TODAY AND ALSO TOMORROW.

YOU KNOW, AND BE ENCOURAGED.

WHATEVER YOUR TALENT OFFER GIFT

IS

YEAH.

DON'T BE LIKE THAT GUY IN

ONE OF THE PARABLES WHERE HE

HID HIS TALENT.

BRING YOUR TALENT UP.

BELIEVE THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU

GREAT ABILITY.

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE.

TO HELP OTHERS AND TO SERVE

OTHERS.

WELL, UP NEXT SEE HOW RYAN

CALDWELL'S LIFE GETS TURNED

AROUND BY ONE AMAZING CHRISTMAS

GIFT.

RYAN CALDWELL GREW UP IN A

CHRISTIAN HOME.

UNFORTUNATELY, THE PROTECTION

HIS PARENTS PROVIDED WASN'T

ENOUGH.

RYAN WOUND UP HANGING OUT WITH

THE WRONG FRIENDS.

I HAD OLDER BROTHERS THAT

WERE 20 OR SO, AND I VIEWED A

SEXUALLY EXPLICIT VIDEO FOR THE

FIRST TIME AND A LOT OF

MARIJUANA SMOKING AND DRINKING.

IT SCARED ME LITERALLY TO

DEATH BECAUSE WE HAD NOT

EXPOSED HIM TO THAT ENVIRONMENT.

AS A TEENAGER, RYAN WITHDREW

FROM HIS FAMILY.

WHEN I'D SAY, RYAN, LET'S GO

TO A BALL GAME.

OR LET'S DO SOMETHING.

HE'D SAY, AH, DAD, YOU KNOW, I

JUST DON'T WANT TO.

RYAN SUPPORTED HIS DRUG

HABIT WITH A JOB AS A COOK.

THEN AT 17 HE WAS INTRODUCED TO

COCAINE.

I BOUGHT THREE BAGS AND IT

KEPT GETTING MORE AND MORE.

I KEPT GETTING MORE AND MORE.

AND I WAS BROKE AND THE THIRD

DAY I HAD BEEN UP FOR THREE

DAYS.

FROM THAT POINT ON, EVERY

WAKING MOMENT RYAN WAS CONSUMED

WITH GETTING HIS NEXT FIX, HIS

NEXT HIGH.

HIS PARENTS PUT HIM IN A TEEN

REHAB FACILITY.

HE WAS CLEAN FOR ABOUT A WEEK,

THEN HE STARTED EXPERIMENTING

WITH OTHER DRUGS.

WHEN I GOT REALLY HIGH ON

CRYSTAL METH, MY HEART, I

THOUGHT IT WAS -- MY HEART WAS

GOING TO BLOW OUT OF MY CHEST.

AND I NEVER REALLY PRAYED A

SINCERE PRAYER, BUT I'M LIKE,

GOD, PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE.

BUT RYAN'S NEAR DEATH

EXPERIENCE WASN'T ENOUGH TO

MAKE HIM STOP.

HE LEFT HOME AND OVER THE NEXT

SIX MONTHS HE LOST HIS JOB AND

WRECKED HIS CAR.

I JUST WAITED FOR THE POLICE

TO COME AND TELL ME THAT MY SON

WAS FOUND DEAD SOMEWHERE.

WE HAD STARTED MAKING A

COMMITMENT TO EACH OTHER THAT

WE WOULD PRAY THREE TIMES A DAY

THE SAME IDENTICAL PRAYER.

AND THAT PRAYER WAS REAL SIMPLE.

GOD, WHATEVER IT TAKES, STOP

HIS DRUG USE.

-- BEFORE IT KILLS HIM.

WITH NO JOB AND NO WAY TO

FEED HIS HABIT, RYAN AND A

FRIEND DECIDED TO BREAK INTO A

STORE WHERE THEY HEARD THERE

WAS $3,500 TO STEAL.

[...]

HERE IT IS.

THAT AIN'T $3,000.

RYAN WAS ARRESTED AND

SENTENCED TO SIX MONTHS IN A

VIRGINIA PRISON.

AND THE HARDEST THING THAT I

HAVE EVER DONE IS RYAN CALLED

ME ON A PAY PHONE AND SAID,

DAD, I SAID, YEAH, SON.

HE SAID, WELL, I'M IN HERE WITH

MURDERERS AND RAPISTS.

AND HE SAID, WOULD YOU PLEASE

COME AND GET ME OUT?

BECAUSE I THINK THAT I'M GOING

TO GET KILLED IN HERE.

AND I SAID, RYAN, I CAN'T.

I SAID, I TURNED YOU OVER TO

GOD AND I TOLD GOD TO STOP YOU,

AND HE DID.

SO, I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE

WAY AND LET GOD RUN HIS COURSE

WITH YOU.

AND I'M SORRY, BUT I CAN'T COME

AND GET YOU.

BUT AS SOON AS RYAN WAS

RELEASED FROM JAIL, HE MOVED IN

WITH SOME FRIENDS AND THEY

BEGAN TO PARTY AGAIN.

HE SOLD DRUGS TO SUPPORT HIS

HABIT.

THEN HE STARTED LOSING FRIENDS

TO DRUG OVERDOSES.

MY FRIEND DIDN'T WAKE UP

FROM SLEEP AND IT REALLY SCARED

ME A LOT BECAUSE THIS WAS ONE

OF MY CLOSE FRIENDS THAT PASSED

AWAY THIS TIME.

SHORTLY AFTER THAT, ANOTHER

FRIEND BEGAN TALKING TO HIM

ABOUT JESUS CHRIST.

AND SHE LOOKED AT ME, AND

SHE STARTED TALKING TO ME A

LITTLE BIT ABOUT JESUS AND HOW

SHE WENT TO CHURCH AND HOW SHE

KNOWS JESUS IN HER HEART.

RYAN BEGAN TO QUESTION HIS

RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

I SAID, I'M GOING TO HELL,

THERE'S NO WAY YOU'RE GOING TO

LET ME IN HEAVEN.

SO, I FELT GOD WAS SAYING TO

ME, RYAN, JUST LET ME IN.

JUST GIVE YOURSELF TO ME.

RYAN MOVED BACK HOME.

HE SAYS, THERE'S JUST

SOMETHING GOING ON IN MY LIFE

THAT I CAN'T EXPLAIN.

AND I TALKED TO HIM ABOUT

HOW I FELT ABOUT GOD AND HOW I

NEEDED HIM TO HELP ME.

AND I WANTED TO KNOW I WAS

GOING TO HEAVEN WHEN I DIED.

I SAID, RYAN, DO YOU WANT

THE LORD TO COME IN YOUR HEART

RIGHT NOW?

AND I SAID, HE WILL TAKE THAT

DRUG ADDICTION.

HE WILL TAKE ALL THAT FROM YOU.

BUT YOU'VE GOT TO GIVE IT TO

HIM.

AT 3:00 A.M. IS WHEN I KNELT

TO MY KNEES AND I ACCEPTED

CHRIST AS MY SAVIOR.

AND WITH MANY TEARS BEING SHED,

I CAME UP OFF MY KNEES AND I

FELT LIKE A NEW PERSON.

I BAPTIZE YOU --

THE NEXT SUNDAY ON CHRISTMAS

DAY, RYAN WENT TO CHURCH AND

WAS BAPTIZED.

AND I FELT SO CLEAN WHEN I

GOT OUT OF THAT WATER.

I DIDN'T FEEL SO DIRTY ANY MORE.

AND I KNEW THAT MY SINS WERE

WASHED AWAY.

TODAY, RYAN HAS A JOB AND

ATTENDS CHURCH AND HAS A NEW

SET OF FRIENDS.

I LIVE FOR JESUS EACH AND

EVERY DAY BECAUSE HE'S THE

REASON THAT I'M ALIVE TODAY.

RYAN IS THE RESULT OF WHAT

PRAYER CAN DO.

AND I WANT TO TELL PARENTS TODAY

THAT HAVE KIDS ON DRUGS, WITH

GOD ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE,

BECAUSE I KNOW IT, BECAUSE I'VE

SEEN IT.

IF YOU'RE STILL ALIVE AND

BREATHING, NO MATTER WHAT

YOU'RE GOING THROUGH, THERE'S

HOPE IN JESUS.

WELL, THAT WAS A DAD WITH AN

AWFUL LOT OF WISDOM THAT EVEN

WHEN HIS SON IS PUT IN JAIL AND

SAYS, DAD, COME AND GET ME, GET

ME OUT OF HERE, I'M SORRY, HE

SAYS, YOU KNOW WHAT, SON?

I ALREADY TURNED YOU OVER TO

GOD AND, SO, I CAN'T TAKE YOU

BACK.

HE LAID HIS SON DOWN.

AND, YOU KNOW WHAT?

GOD MIGHT BE CALLING YOU TODAY

AND YOU MIGHT FIND YOURSELF IN

A BIT OF A JAMB.

AND THE FATHER IN HEAVEN, HE

NEVER DENIES YOUR REQUEST, BUT

HE DOES ASK THAT YOU WOULD

INVITE HIM TO BE PART OF YOUR

WORLD.

MAYBE PERHAPS, YOU KNOW, LIKE

THIS LAST STORY, YOU FOUND

YOURSELF IN A LOT OF TURMOIL.

YOU'VE BEEN DOING CRIMINAL

ACTIVITIES, GETTING IN A LOT OF

TROUBLE.

YOUR LIFE HAS LED YOU TO A

CHAOTIC AND DISASTROUS PLACE,

BUT GOD CALLS YOU TODAY.

HE CALLS YOU TO TURN YOUR BACK

ON ALL OF THAT STUFF AND COME

TO THE FATHER BECAUSE JUST LIKE

RYAN KNELT BESIDE THAT

CHRISTMAS TREE, MAYBE YOU'RE

RIGHT BESIDE A CHRISTMAS TREE

RIGHT NOW.

AND AS BRIAN JOINS ME, I KNOW

THAT IT WOULD BE OUR HIGHEST,

HIGHEST COMPLIMENT TO BE ABLE

TO PRAY WITH YOU TO RECEIVE

JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR

TODAY, RIGHT NOW, RIGHT WHERE

YOU ARE.

WHEN LAURA-LYNN WAS

BEGINNING TO SHARE WITH YOU,

IT'S INTERESTING WHEN WE PRAY

AND FAST ABOUT THESE SHOWS,

BECAUSE I START SENSING THINGS

IN MY BODY AND I'M LIKE, WOW,

GOD, MY HEART STARTED BEATING

FAST.

AND SOMEONE'S HEART IS BEATING

FAST RIGHT NOW.

THAT'S GOD KNOCKING ON THE DOOR

OF YOUR HEART.

YOU KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS IN

REVELATION CHAPTER 3 AND 20, HE

SAID, BEHOLD, I STAND AT THE

DOOR KNOCKING.

IF ANYONE OPENS THE DOOR AND

LETS ME IN, I'LL COME IN TO

THEM AND SUP WITH THEM AND THEM

WITH ME.

NOW, YOUR LIFE IS IN SOME BAD

SHAPE RIGHT NOW.

RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, THIS IS

THE BEST GIFT THAT YOU COULD

EVEN GIVE YOURSELF.

YEAH.

IT'S NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE.

GOD'S BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU.

BUT WHY DON'T YOU DO BUSINESS

WITH GOD?

THE LATCH IS ON THE INSIDE OF

THE DOOR.

BUT YOU'VE GOT TO OPEN THE

DOOR, GIVE HIM YOUR PERSONAL

PERMISSION.

HE WILL NOT KICK THE DOOR IN.

IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO SAY, THIS

LIFE IS BURNING UP.

I NEED HELP.

LET'S DO BUSINESS WITH GOD, AND

THEN I WANT YOU TO CALL FOR

THIS, THIS RESOURCE.

IT'S A NEW DAY.

I BELIEVE THAT GOD IS GOING TO

DO A GREAT WORK IN YOUR LIFE

TODAY WHEN YOU CALL THAT

NUMBER, 1-855-759-0700.

GOD'S NOT CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR

WORDS, HE'S CONCERNED ABOUT

YOUR HEART.

THE BIBLE SAID IF YOU BELIEVE

IN YOUR HEART, CONFESS WITH

YOUR MOUTH, YOU WILL BE SAVED.

LET'S DO BUSINESS.

> JESUS, I CONFESS.

I'M A SINNER, LORD.

I'VE DONE IT ALL.

I'M IN TROUBLE, GOD.

I NEED HELP.

I CAN'T DO IT ANY MORE.

I GIVE YOU MY PERSONAL

PERMISSION FOR YOUR HEAVENLY

INTERVENTION.

I TURN FROM MY SIN AND I TURN

TO YOU AS MY SAVIOR.

PLEASE BE THE LORD OF MY LIFE.

IN JESUS' NAME.

FATHER, I PRAY FOR THAT MAN,

THAT WOMAN WHO HAVE MADE THAT

PRAYER THAT THE POWER OF THE

HOLY SPIRIT, THE BLOOD OF JESUS

AND THE FINISHED WORK OF THE

CROSS WOULD WORK ON THEIR LIFE

NOW.

IN JESUS' NAME, AMEN.

IN JESUS' NAME.

IF YOU JUST PRAYED THAT PRAYER,

THAT LIFE-CHANGING PRAYER,

WOULD YOU GIVE US A CALL RIGHT

NOW AT 1-855-759-0700?

WE WOULD LOVE TO PRAY WITH YOU.

IT'S A GOOD DAY.

TOO OFTEN WE CARRY BAGGAGE

FROM OUR PAST.

YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE.

IT AFFECTS EVERYTHING AND

EVERYONE IN OUR LIVES.

IT'S ALWAYS THERE, WEIGHING US

DOWN AND KEEPING US FROM

ACHIEVING TRUE HAPPINESS.

BUT DO YOU KNOW GOD NEVER MEANT

FOR US TO BE TRAPPED IN THE

PAST?

YOU CAN BE FREE OF YOUR BAGGAGE.

LEARN HOW GOD'S FORGIVENESS

LEADS TO CHANGED LIVES AND NEW

BEGINNINGS.

CALL THE 700 CLUB.

WELCOME TO THIS "HOPE TO GO".

YOU KNOW, WE'VE BEEN TALKING

ABOUT THE CRIB OF CHRIST.

AND LIKE ALPHA AND OMEGA, THE

CROSS AND THE CRIB ARE

INSEPARABLE.

YOU KNOW, IT'S THE GREATEST

MYSTERY OF ALL TIMES.

HOW WILL THE GAP BETWEEN GOD

AND MAN EVER BE BRIDGED?

WELL, MAN COULDN'T DO IT SO

WHAT GOD DID IS HE WALKED DOWN

THAT VERY FATEFUL CHRISTMAS

NIGHT AND HE TOOK A BABY DOWN

THE STAIRWAY OF HEAVEN, AND HE

BUILT A BRIDGE HIMSELF BECAUSE

MAN COULDN'T GET TO GOD, GOD

CAME TO MAN.

AND IT ALL STARTED IN THAT CRIB.

NOW, THE CRIB OF CHRIST IS A

MIRACULOUS GIFT.

A KING IN A CRIB, NOW, THAT'S

UNUSUAL.

BUT THE KING OF KINGS IN A

CRIB, THAT'S MIRACULOUS.

A DEEPER LOOK AT THE MANGER

SCENE AND ALL THE SIGNIFICANCE,

THE MANGER, THE SWADDLING

CLOTHES, THE MILK RAGS, HE IS

THE MILK OF LIFE, AND THE

SHEPHERDS ARE ALL POWERFUL

REMINDERS OF HOW THE CRIB OF

CHRIST CONFRONTS US ALL AS WE

CELEBRATE THE MIRACULOUS BIRTH

OF CHRIST.

FROM HIS CRIB TO OURS.

LISTEN TO WHAT ROMANS SAYS, THE

APOSTLE PAUL IN CHAPTER 8 VERSE

31.

WHAT SHALL WE SAY ABOUT SUCH

WONDERFUL THINGS AS THESE?

IF GOD IS FOR US, WHO CAN BE

AGAINST US?

SINCE HE DID NOT SPARE EVEN HIS

OWN SON BUT GAVE HIM UP FOR US

ALL, WON'T HE ALSO GIVE US

EVERYTHING ELSE?

WHO DARES ACCUSE US WHOM GOD

HAS CHOSEN FOR HIS OWN?

NO ONE, FOR GOD HIMSELF HAS

GIVEN US RIGHT STANDING WITH

HIMSELF.

WHO, THEN, WILL CONDEMN US?

NO ONE.

FOR CHRIST JESUS DIED FOR US

AND WAS RAISED TO LIFE FOR US

AND HE IS SITTING IN THE PLACE

OF HONOR AT GOD'S RIGHT HAND

PLEADING FOR US.

NOW, THAT'S WHAT THE AMPLIFIED

BIBLE SAYS.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU WHAT

HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET IN THE

CROSS.

NUMBER ONE, JESUS' BIRTH SAYS

WHEN YOU GET IN THE CRIB, IT

SAYS, I UNDERSTAND YOU.

I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE GOING

THROUGH THOSE THINGS THIS TIME

OF YEAR, AND YOU MAY FEEL LIKE

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU'RE

GOING THROUGH.

BUT I'VE GOT WONDERFUL GOOD

NEWS FOR YOU.

JESUS' BIRTH SAYS A VERY LOUD

SHOUT, THAT GOD STEPPED OUT OF

HEAVEN AND INTO HUMAN PROBLEMS.

HE STEPPED INTO HUMAN

TEMPTATION, BURDENS, HURTS, AND

LONELINESS.

WHEN YOU GET IN THE CRIB,

NUMBER TWO, JESUS' DEATH SAYS

THIS.

HE LOVES YOU, FULL STOP, JUST

SAY IT, HE LOVES ME.

ROMANS 5:8 SAYS BUT GOD

DEMONSTRATED HIS OWN LOVE

TOWARDS US IN THAT WHILE WE

WERE STILL SINNERS, CHRIST, HIS

ONLY BEGOTTEN SON DIED FOR US.

JESUS' DEATH, AGAIN, IT SHOUTS

OUT AN AMAZING MESSAGE TO YOU.

I WOULD RATHER DIE IN YOUR

PLACE THAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU.

AND THEN NUMBER THREE, WHEN YOU

GET IN THE CRIB, YOU UNDERSTAND

IT'S NOT JUST A CROSS, BUT IT'S

A RESURRECTION BECAUSE IT'S

TOTAL SURRENDER.

YOU'RE A BABY IN THAT CRIB.

CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW?

BECAUSE BEFORE THIS IS OVER,

YOU'VE GOT TO GET IN THAT CRIB,

TOTAL SURRENDER, HELPLESSNESS.

RESURRECTION SAYS HE CAN CHANGE

YOU.

HE GIVES YOU A BRAND-NEW START.

JUST AS CHRIST WAS RAISED FROM

THE DEAD BY THE GLORY OF THE

FATHER, EVEN SO WE ALSO SHALL

WALK IN THE NEWNESS OF LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET IN THE CRIB, IT'S

A WHOLE NEW LIFE.

ALL YOU'VE GOT TO DO IS SAY,

DADDY, ABBA, AND THAT IS YOUR

"HOPE TO GO".

I WAS THINKING WHEN BRIAN

WAS TALKING ABOUT ALL OF THE

GANGSTERS SOMETIMES WHO TALK

ABOUT GETTING IN THE CRIB,

BRIAN'S TALKING ABOUT A WHOLE

DIFFERENT KIND OF CRIB.

I WONDER IF WHEN HE SPOKE ABOUT

THAT YOU FEEL THAT NOBODY

UNDERSTANDS YOU AND WHEN HE

SAID THAT GOD LOVES YOU, IF

THAT DIDN'T SOMETHING IN YOUR

HEART, BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT

YOU ARE NOT FEELING UNDERSTOOD.

YOU'RE FEELING REJECTION.

YOU ARE NOT FEELING LIKE YOU

ARE LOVED, BUT RATHER THAT YOU

HAVE BEEN ABANDONED.

CAN I TELL YOU TODAY THAT GOD

TRULY, TRULY LOVES YOU?

HE HAS THE POWER IN ALL OF

HEAVEN TO CHANGE YOUR

CIRCUMSTANCE AND YOUR LIFE IF

YOU WOULD JUST GIVE HIM THAT

OPPORTUNITY.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT THIS

CHRISTMAS.

> UP NEXT, MORE HIDDEN

SECRETS FOUND IN THE BIBLE.

EVERY YEAR AROUND CHRISTMAS,

EVERYBODY STARTS TALKING ABOUT

THE BIRTH OF JESUS AND, OF

COURSE, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT

CHRISTMAS IN MODERN TIMES IS

ALL ABOUT.

BUT A LOT OF TIMES, AGAIN, AS

WE LOOK BACK TO THE JEWISH

CULTURE TO THAT SECOND TEMPLE

PERIOD, THERE ARE THINGS GOING

ON IN THE BACKGROUND THAT WE

DON'T ALWAYS FULLY UNDERSTAND.

EVEN THE NIGHT IN WHICH JESUS

WAS BORN, LUKE TALKS ABOUT

SOMETHING ABOUT A PARTICULAR

KIND OF CLOTH THAT WAS USED

WHEN JESUS WAS BORN THAT WE

DON'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO.

WE'RE SO FOCUSED ON THE MANGER.

WE'RE SO FOCUSED ON THE ANGELS

SINGING AND ALL THAT THAT WE

FORGET ABOUT WHAT LUKE SAYS

HERE.

WHY AM I GOING TO LUKE?

IF YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING US YOU

KNOW THAT I LOVE LUKE BECAUSE

HE'S LIKE ME.

HE'S A GENTILE.

AND, SO, LUKE WRITES THINGS IN

A WAY THAT'S SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT

FROM MATTHEW, MARK AND JOHN.

IN FACT, HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO

REFERS TO THIS PARTICULAR KIND

OF CLOTH.

NOW, YOU GO BACK TO THE NIGHT

HE WAS BORN AND THE SHEPHERDS

ARE IN THE FIELD AND THEY'RE

WATCHING OVER THEIR LAMBS.

AND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

THE ANGELS APPEAR.

THERE'S A HUGE HOST OF HEAVEN

AND THEY'RE SINGING AND THEY'RE

SINGING TO THE SHEPHERDS, YOU

TALK ABOUT A WILD MOMENT IN

HISTORY.

THE ANGEL SAID, JUST DOWN THE

ROAD FROM WHERE YOU GUYS ARE

RIGHT NOW, THE MESSIAH, THE SON

OF DAVID HAS BEEN BORN TO YOU

THIS NIGHT.

THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.

AND, SO, YOU HAVE THIS KIND OF

WOW, THIS HUGE MOMENT.

AND THE SHEPHERDS ARE, YOU

KNOW, YOU WOULD ASSUME THEY SAY

TO THE ANGELS, HOW WILL WE KNOW

WHO THIS BABY IS?

AND, SO, THE ANGELS SAY,

WELL, WE'RE ANGELS, WE'RE GOING

TO GIVE YOU A SIGN.

WE'RE GOING TO HELP YOU TO KNOW

WHO THIS BABY IS, WHO THE

MESSIAH IS.

BESIDES THE FACT WE'RE GOING TO

HAVE A HUGE STAR HANGING OVER

HIS HOUSE, WE'RE GOING TO GIVE

YOU ONE MORE SIGN TO HELP YOU

UNDERSTAND WHO THIS BABY IS.

AND LUKE SAYS IN CHAPTER 2

VERSE 12, HE SAYS, THIS WILL BE

A SIGN TO YOU.

YOU WILL FIND A BABY WRAPPED IN

CLOTHS LYING IN A MANGER.

THE OTHER VERSES TALK ABOUT

SWADDLING CLOTHS.

WHY DOES LUKE SAY SWADDLING?

AS NORTH AMERICANS, AS A DAD

MYSELF, I THINK OF THE WORD

SWADDLING.

I REMEMBER WHEN MY CHILDREN

WERE BABIES AND MY WIFE WOULD

WRAP THEM UP REALLY TIGHT AND

SHE WOULD HOLD THEM CLOSE AND

SHE WOULD ROCK THEM BACK AND

FORTH.

AND YOU HAVE THAT IDEA OF BEING

SWADDLED.

SO, MAYBE THAT'S WHAT LUKE WAS

TALKING ABOUT.

BUT I BEGAN TO RESEARCH IT A

LITTLE BIT, AND A SWADDLING

CLOTH IS TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY

DIFFERENT THAN WHAT WE THINK IT

IS IN NORTH AMERICAN TERMS.

IT WAS USED BACK THEN, IT'S

STILL USED TODAY.

I SPOKE WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE

BEDOUINS, NOMADIC PEOPLE WHO

LIVED IN THE WILDERNESS, AND

THEY SAID THAT THOSE CLOTHS

SERVE ONE PURPOSE AND ONE

PURPOSE ONLY.

THE SWADDLING CLOTH IS

SOMETHING YOU CARRY WITH YOU

AND IT'S A BURIAL CLOTH.

IF YOU DIE ALONG YOUR JOURNEY,

YOU TAKE THIS CLOTH, YOU WRAP

THE PERSON IN IT, YOU BURY

THEM, AND YOU PUT THEM IN A

TOMB.

NOW, I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT

THIS.

THAT HERE'S JESUS, THE SON OF

GOD, THE ONE WHO IS BORN FOR

US, HE'S WRAPPED IN A SWADDLING

CLOTH.

SO, HE'S MARKED FOR DEATH EVEN

BY HIS EARTHLY FATHER.

SO, CHRISTMAS, YES, IT'S ABOUT

JESUS BEING BORN FOR US, BUT

RIGHT THERE IN THE HEART OF IT

IT'S ALSO SAYING THAT HE WAS

BORN TO DIE FOR US.

THANK YOU, JOE.

WOW, YOU KNOW, LAURA-LYNN, I

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE PROMISED

LAND.

AND ONE OF THE THINGS THAT JOE

WAS TALKING ABOUT, THOSE RAGS

AND THE SWADDLING CLOTHES.

EVERY BEDOUIN -- BEDOUIN IS A

VERY INTERESTING INDIVIDUAL

BECAUSE THEY CAN FIND AND

DETECT THE MOST UNUSUAL

ANOMALIES IN THE SERVICE, BUT

THEY WOULD ALSO CARRY THESE

RAGS IN CASE SOMEONE NEEDED TO

BE BURIED.

MILK RAGS AS WELL.

JESUS WAS LAID IN THE MANGER,

HE'S THE BREAD OF LIFE, HE'S

THE MILK OF LIFE, HE'S ALSO AT

THE SAME TIME BORN TO DIE.

SO, IT HAS SO MUCH

SIGNIFICANCE.

IT REALLY DOES.

THIS IS MY SEVENTH TIME WITH

ISRAEL HERITAGE TOURS AND I'M

LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING BACK

AGAIN.

I FEEL LIKE I'M AT HOME EVERY

TIME I GO.

YEAH, I LOVE THAT, BRIAN,

WHEN YOU SAY HE WAS BORN TO

DIE.

YEAH.

I MEAN, AT CHRISTMAS WE

REALLY CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF

JESUS.

THIS BABY, HE CAME FOR ONE

REASON, TO DIE WHEN HE WAS 33

YEARS OLD SO THAT ALL OF

MANKIND COULD BE SET FREE.

IT'S AMAZING.

THERE IS SO MUCH

SIGNIFICANCE IN CHRIST.

HERE AT THE 700 CLUB CANADA,

SHARING HOPE WITH THE HURTING

ALL ACROSS CANADA, THAT'S WHY

WE'RE HERE AND WE WANT TO

INVITE YOU TO BE A PART OF WHAT

WE'RE DOING.

THIS CHRISTMAS ALONE, WE ARE

DONATING $30,000 IN TOYS, FOOD,

WINTER CLOTHES FOR PEOPLE IN

NEED.

IF YOU HAVE A DESIRE TO HELP

THOSE IN NEED AND CHANGE LIVES,

THEN CALL TODAY AND BECOME A

700 CLUB CANADA PARTNER.

AND WHEN YOU DO, YOU WILL BE A

PART OF ALL THE AMAZING THINGS

THAT WE'RE DOING RIGHT HERE IN

CANADA.

FOR JUST $20 A MONTH, YOU

CAN BECOME A 700 CLUB CANADA

PARTNER.

OR IF YOU'RE ABLE TO GIVE MORE,

YOU CAN JOIN AT A HIGHER LEVEL,

SUCH AS THE 700 CANADA CLUB

GOLD PARTNER WHICH IS $40 A

MONTH.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR MONTHLY

GIFT.

AND AS A THANK YOU FOR YOUR

GENEROSITY, WE'LL SEND YOU THIS

DVD ENTITLED THE LAW OF

EXPECTATION.

IN THIS TEACHING, PAT AND

GORDON ROBERTSON BRING YOU

POWERFUL PRINCIPLES OF THOUGHT

AND BEHAVIOR THAT WILL

BREAKTHROUGH THE LIMITS OF YOUR

FAITH AND TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE.

SO, CALL NOW,

1-855-759-0700, AND LEARN ABOUT

THE DIFFERENT PAY OPTIONS

AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH YOUR

MONTHLY GIFT AND BECOME A PART

OF THIS GROWING ARMY OF PEOPLE

WHO WANT TO BE LIFE CHANGERS

RIGHT HERE IN CANADA.

[...]

NOW, IF YOU'VE MISSED ANYTHING

ON TODAY'S SHOW OR WOULD LIKE

TO CHECK OUT PAST EPISODES OF

THE 700 CLUB CANADA, VISIT OUR

WEBSITE AT 700CLUB.CA.

AND IF YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE

YOUR STORY WITH US, THEN WE

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

CALL THE NUMBER ON THE SCREEN

OR WRITE TO US.

THE ADDRESS WILL APPEAR AFTER

THE SHOW.

WELL, I'M SURE LOOKING

FORWARD TO CHRISTMAS,

LAURA-LYNN.

THIS WAS SUCH A POWERFUL SHOW.

AND I BELIEVE THAT GOD IS DOING

SOMETHING SPECIAL SPECIFICALLY

HERE IN CANADA AND ALSO IN YOUR

HEART.

THANKS SO MUCH.

WE SURE LOOK FORWARD TO

BEING WITH YOU ALL AGAIN REAL

SOON.

UNTIL NEXT TIME I'M BRIAN WARREN

AND I'M LAURA-LYNN TYLER

THOMPSON.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, CANADA.

GOD BLESS.

GOD BLESS.

HI, I'M GORDON ROBERTSON.

JESUS TOLD US THAT IF WE HAVE

FAITH, WE CAN SPEAK TO THE

MOUNTAIN AND IT WILL MOVE.

ARE THERE MOUNTAINS IN YOUR

LIFE THAT YOU'RE CURRENTLY

FACING?

HOW DO YOU BREAKTHROUGH THE

LIMITS OF YOUR FAITH AND SEE

THE MIRACLES GOD HAS PROMISED

YOU IN HIS WORD?

MY FATHER AND I HAVE PUT

TOGETHER A SPECIAL TEACHING,

THE LAW OF EXPECTATION.

IN IT YOU'LL DISCOVER HOW TO

TRAIN YOUR HEART AND MIND TO

EXPECT GREAT THINGS.

IN THIS LATEST DVD, THE LAW

OF EXPECTATION, PAT AND GORDON

ROBERTSON BRING YOU POWERFUL

PRINCIPLES OF THOUGHT AND

BEHAVIOR THAT CAN TRANSFORM

YOUR LIFE.

YOU'LL DISCOVER THE POWER OF

EXPECTATIONS IN YOUR LIFE, HOW

TO BREAKTHROUGH THE LIMITS OF

YOUR FAITH, AND WHAT IT MEANS

TO AGREE WITH GOD AND RECEIVE

HIS FAVOR AND ABUNDANCE.

GET THE LAW OF EXPECTATION

AND LEARN TO EXPECT AND

EXPERIENCE THE WONDERFUL

BLESSINGS GOD HAS FOR YOU.

TO CONTACT US, MAIL

CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING

ASSOCIATES, INCORPORATE, THE

700 CLUB CANADA, P.O. BOX 700,

SCARBOROUGH, ONTARIO M1S4T4.

OR VISIT US AT 700CLUB.CA.

DADDY?

YEAH, BUDDY.

HOW MANY NICKELS ARE IN A

DOLLAR?

THERE ARE 20 NICKELS IN A

DOLLAR.

HOW DO BIRDS FLY?

DOES MILK REALLY MAKE MY

BONES STRONGER?

YEAH, YEAH.

DADDY, WHEN WE DIE, WILL WE

GO TO HEAVEN?

DO YOU HAVE THE ANSWER TO

LIFE'S BIGGEST QUESTION?

CALL THE 700 CLUB.

WE'LL HELP YOU FIND ANSWERS TO

THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS LIFE

EMBED THIS VIDEO

Related Podcasts


Log in or create an account to post a comment.  

CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network