The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

The Brody File: Trump, Clinton And The Bible - August 18, 2016

On this week's Brody File, Jenna Browder has our exclusive with Donald Trump. He has a message to pastors across America. Also, a conversation with Burns Strider, the man closest to Hillary Clinton when it comes to her faith journey. Plus, ... Read Transcript


ACKNOWLEDGEMEN*

I'M LEADING WITH THE

EVANGELICALS BIG LEAGUE.

I'M A PROTESTANT, I'M A

PRESBYTERIAN, I'M A TOTAL

BELIEVER.

THIS IS MY CONFIRMATION

CLASS, JUNE 1959, WHICH IS

PRETTY GOOD, RIGHT?

2 CORINTHIANS, RIGHT?

3: 17 -- THAT'S THE WHOLE

BALLGAME.

> WE'RE GOING TO PROTECT

CHRISTIANITY.

WE'VE DONE GREAT WITH THE

EVANGELICALS.

EVANGELICALS HAVE BEEN

AMAZING.

GOD IS THE ULTIMATE.

I MEAN, GOD CREATED THIS.

BELIEVE ME, IF I RUN AND I

WIN, I WILL BE THE

GREATEST REPRESENTATIVE OF

THE CHRISTIANS THAT

THEY'VE HAD IN A LONG

TIME.

I BROUGHT MY BIBLE.

OKAY?

David: AND WELCOME,

EVERYBODY, TO "THE BRODY

FILE."

WE'RE GLAD YOU'RE WITH US.

I'M BACK FROM VACATION.

HANGING OUT WITH SNOOKIE

AT THE JERSEY SHORE -- NOT

TRUE.

WE WENT ON A CRUISE.

I SET UP A BRODY FILE

OFFSHORE BANK ACCOUNT.

AND I ALSO WENT TO MEXICO

AS WELL, WHERE I TOLD THE

LOCALS, QUOTE,"DONALD

TRUMP IS GOING TO BUILD A

WALL AND YOU'RE GOING TO

PAY FOR IT."

NO, I DIDN'T SAY THAT.

TIME FOR OUR EXCLUSIVE

BRODY FILE INTERVIEW WITH

THE DONALD.

AND DOING THE HONORS, JEN

JENNA BROWDER.

SHE WAS ON THE SCENE IN

ORLANDO, WHERE TRUMP WAS

LAYING OUT A PLAN TO

PROTECT PASTORS FROM THE

I.R.S.

HE ADDRESSED HUNDREDS OF

FAITH LEADERS AT THE

CONFERENCE, SAYING THAT

THE GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN

TRYING TO HINDER THE

INFLUENCE OF CHRISTIANS IN

THE POLITICAL SYSTEM FOR

YEARS.

HERE IS JENNA WITH THE

EXCLUSIVE.

Reporter: HOW DID IT

GO IN THERE?

I THINK IT REALLY WENT

WELL.

I THINK THE PEOPLE ARE

FANTASTIC.

WE HAD A RECORD CROWD OF

PASTORS -- MOSTLY

PASTORS -- AND THEIR

FAMILIES.

I THINK IT WENT AMAZINGLY

WELL.

Reporter: DONALD

TRUMP COURTING CHRISTIANS

ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL.

I HAD A LONG, BEAUTIFUL

SPEECH WRITTEN, AND I READ

IT AND I SAID, BOY, THIS

IS BORING.

THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANT

TO TALK ABOUT.

BECAUSE I KNOW A LOT OF

THE PASTORS -- I KNOW SOME

OF THE PASTORS IN THE

ROOM, AND I REFUSE TO PUT

THEM TO SLEEP, RIGHT?

Reporter: THE

REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL

NOMINEE SPOKE OFF THE

CUFF.

DID YOU NOTICE I TOOK

THE TEL TELEPROMPTERS DOWN,

RIGHT?

[APPLAUSE]

NO, I HAD A SPEECH

WRITTEN BY A PROFESSIONAL,

AND I SAID, I'M NOT

READING THIS.

Reporter: THE CRUX OF

HIS SPEECH, REPEALING THE

JOHNSON AMENDMENT.

IF I GET ELECTED

PRESIDENT, ONE OF THE

EARLY THINGS -- ONE OF THE

ABSOLUTE FIRST THINGS I'M

GOING TO DO IS WORK ON

TOTALLY KNOCKING OUT THE

JOHNSON AMENDMENT.

Reporter: THE 1954

AMENDMENT WAS CREATED BY

THEN SENATOR LYNDON B.

JOHNSON.

IT LIMITS THE FREE SPEECH

OF PASTORS, ESSENTIALLY

THREATENING TO TAKE AWAY A

CHURCH'S NON-PROFIT,

TAX-EXEMPT STATUS FOR

OPPOSING OR E ENDORSING A

POLITICAL CANDIDATE.

THEY GET ABSOLUTELY HIT

WITH THE 501C 3.

IT IS A TREMENDOUS HIT, A

SHATTERING HIT.

AND IT REALLY KEEPS THEM

SILENT.

THEIR FREE SPEECH IS BEING

TAKEN AWAY, FROM PEOPLE

THAT ARE GREAT PEOPLE.

FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING

GOOD THINGS, NOT BAD

THINGS.

IF I CAN DO THAT, I WILL

HAVE DONE A GREAT THING

FOR RELIGION AS A WHOLE,

AND IT IS SO IMPORTANT.

Reporter: AND TRUMP

KNOWS IT IS A MAJOR

SELLING POINT TO GET

CHRISTIANS FROM THE PEWS

TO THE POLLS.

THE WORDS I SAID TODAY

ARE SO IMPORTANT.

AND I WAS HONORED TO GET

THE KIND OF OVATION I GOT.

BUT THEY UNDERSTAND.

AND I THINK IT WILL BE A

TREMENDOUS ACHIEVEMENT IF

WE CAN GET IT DONE.

AND I KNOW WE'LL GET IT

DONE IF WE CAN GET

ELECTED.

THAT'S WHY I SAY ON

NOVEMBER 8, EVERYBODY HAS

TO GET OUT AND VOTE.

BECAUSE FOUR YEARS AGO,

THE EVANGELICALS JUST

DIDN'T VOTE.

CHRISTIANS DIDN'T VOTE.

Reporter: TRUMENTS IS TRUMP IS

TRYING TO CHANGE THAT BY

SPEAKING AT EVENTS LIKE

THIS ONE, AND SHOWING A

SOFTER MORE HO HIM BELL HUMBLE SIDE.

YOU THANKED EVANGELICALS

FOR YOUR SUPPORT, BUT YOU

SAID YOU DON'T ALWAYS

DESERVE THAT.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?

BECAUSE I'M NOT

PERFECT.

AND I'M LESS PERFECT THAN

SOME PEOPLE.

BUT I HAVE CERTAIN

ABILITIES, LIKE BEING ANAL

TABLETO DO THINGS.

> HIS SPEECH CAME ACROSS

AT HUMBLE.

IT WASN'T A CAMPAIGN

SPEECH.

DONALD TRUMP IS THE NOT

TRYING TO BE AN

EVANGELICAL PREACHER.

I THINK WHAT HE IS SAYING

IS HE UNDERSTANDS OUR

PROBLEMS.

HE UNDERSTANDS OUR

CONCERNS, AND HE IS GOING

TO BE A CHAMPION FOR US.

I KNOW WHEN PEOPLE

DON'T LIKE ME, AND THAT'S

OKAY.

EITHER WAY.

I PREFER THE LIKING, BUT

SOMETIMES THE IT DOESN'T

WORK OUT, NO MATTER WHAT

YOU DO.

Reporter: BUT SOME

ARE WILLING TO LOOK BEYOND

THAT.

A LOT OF CHRISTIANS

BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN

CHOSEN FOR SUCH A TIME AS

THIS.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT IS

TRUE?

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THIS

IS A DIVINE CALLING?

YOU KNOW, I'VE HEARD

THAT FROM OTHERS.

I'VE HEARD IT FROM

PASTORS.

I'VE HEARD IT FROM OTHERS.

I REALLY DON'T EVEN WANT

TO THINK ABOUT IT BECAUSE

IT IS TOO BIG OF A BURDEN.

BUT I'LL TELL YOU THIS, IF

I CAN DO WHAT I'M SAYING I

CAN DO -- AND I'M NOT ONLY

TALKING ABOUT THE MILITARY

AND BUILDING IT, BECAUSE

OUR COUNTRY IS IN SUCH BAD

SHAPE...

Reporter: RELIGIOUS

LIBERTY, YOU TALKED ABOUT

THAT SOME.

A LOT OF CHRISTIAN

BUSINESS LEADERS ARE

GETTING ATTACKED BECAUSE

THEY DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT

GAY COUPLES OR PROVIDE

SERVICES, AND YOU SAID IN

THE PAST YOU WOULD DEFEND

THESE SERVICES.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO

PROTECT THESE?

WHAT I'M GOING TO DO

PROTECT IS, MOST

IMPORTANTLY, WORK ON

EXACTLY WHAT I TALKED

ABOUT TODAY.

THEY BELIEVE SO MUCH IN

RELIGIOUS LIBERTY, AS I

DO, VERY MUCH, BECAUSE

WITHOUT RELIGIOUS LIBERTY,

YOU DON'T HAVE LIBERTY.

[APPLAUSE]

YOU DON'T HAVE LIBERTY.

Reporter: AND THAT'S

EXACTLY WHAT EVANGELICALS

WANT TO HEAR, BUT TRUMP

STILL HAS WORK TO DO.

MOST OF THESE PASTORS ARE

ON BOARD, BUT ADMIT HE

WASN'T THEIR FIRST CHOICE.

SOME OF THE THINGS WITH

DONALD TRUMP, WE'RE NOT

SURE EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE

GOING TO GET.

WE'LL HAVE TO SEE.

BUT WITH HILLARY CLINTON,

WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE GOING

TO GET AND THAT JUST LOOKS

BAD ALL ACROSS THE BORDER.

IF WE CAN OPEN UP THE

VOICES OF GREAT PEOPLE,

THE PASTORS AND THE

MINISTERS AND THE PRIESTS

AND THE RABBIS AND THE

PEOPLE OF RELIGION, I

THINK THAT WILL BE

SOMETHING I WILL BE SO

PROUD OF.

David: AND NOW

THROUGH THE MIRACLE OF

TELEVISION, JENNA HAS BEEN

TRANSPORTED FROM ORLANDO

TO HERE ON THE SET.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK.

David: WHAT WAS THAT

LIKE BEHIND THE SCENES

WITH DONALD TRUMP?

DONALD TRUMP, IT IS A

SHOW.

ESPECIALLY NOW THAT HE HAS

THE SECRET SERVICE, IT IS

QUITE A PRODUCTION.

WHEN WE WERE INTERVIEWING

HIM ON THURSDAY, WE HAD TO

MEET WITH HIS ADVANCED

TEAM BECAUSE THEY GO

BEFORE AND MAKE SURE

EVERYTHING IS GOOD TO GO.

AND THEY WALK YOU THROUGH.

WE'RE GOING TO GO HERE AND

THEN THERE AND THERE.

IT'S A LOT TO GO THROUGH.

AND THEN WHEN THE ACTUAL

TIME COMES TO INTERVIEW

THEM, THEY COME AND GET

YOU AND YOU'RE THERE AND

IT ALL HAPPENS SO FAST.

LOOKING BACK NOW, IT IS A

LOT CLEARER.

BUT IT WAS INTERESTING,

AND IT IS AN EXPERIENCE

THAT I THINK WILL STICK

WITH ME FOR A LONG TIME.

David: WHAT WAS IT

ABOUT DONALD TRUMP -- WHAT

DID YOU THINK OF HIM

PERSONALLY?

HE IS VERY BOMBASTIC WHEN

HE GETS IN FRONT OF 30,000

PEOPLE, BUT WHAT WAS HE

LIKE IN THE ROOM?

HE SHOWS A DIFFERENT

SIDE THAT I THINK A LOT OF

PEOPLE DON'T SEE.

IT IS A SOFTER, MORE

SUBDUED SIDE OF DONALD

TRUMP.

HE IS VERY HUMBLE.

HE IS A VERY NICE PERSON.

IT WAS REALLY NICE TALKING

TO HIM.

LIKE I SAID, I THINK IT IS

A SIDE THAT A LOT OF

PEOPLE DON'T SEE.

WE ALL SEE ON THE NEWS, ON

CNN, MSNBC, THIS

BOMBASTIC, BOLD, BRASH

BUSINESSMAN.

BUT THERE IS A REASON HE

HAS SO MANY WONDERFUL

PEOPLE AROUND HIM AND WHY

HE HAS BEEN SO SUCCESSFUL.

THAT REASON IS HE IS VERY

GOOD WITH PEOPLE.

HE KNOWS HOW TO WORK WITH

PEOPLE, FOR ONE.

AND AS WE'VE SEEN IT, HE

KNOWS HOW TO GET A MESSAGE

OUT, WHETHER IT IS ON

TWITTER, WHETHER IT IS ON

ANY OF THESE PLATFORMS.

HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.

David: IT IS

INTERESTING BECAUSE

LOYALTY IS A BIG PART OF

IT.

A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE LOYAL

TO HIM.

LET ME ASK HIM ABOUT THE

PASTORS IN THE ROOM.

WHAT IS YOUR SENSE OF THE

PASTORS.

Reporter: WE WERE

SPEAKING WITH SOME OF THE

PASTORS, AND WE SAID, GIVE

US YOUR OVERALL THOUGHTS.

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF HIS

SPEECH?

A LOT OF THEM SAID THEY

LIKED HIS SPEECH.

AND HE SPOKE ABOUT THE

JOHNSON AMENDMENT AND

REPEALING THAT, WHICH

WOULD GIVE PASTORS MORE

FREEDOM TO SPEAK FROM THE

PULPIT, AND THEY REALLY

LIKED THAT.

AND THE ONES WE SPOKE TO

SAID THEY DON'T KNOW

EVERYTHING WE'RE GETTING

WITH DONALD TRUMP, AND A

THE LOT SAID HE WASN'T

THEIR FIRST CHOICE, BUT

THAT, THEY SAY, IS BETTER

THAN THE ALTE ALTERNATIVE,

HILLARY CLINTON.

ACROSS THE BOARD, THEY

DON'T LIKE HER PARTY

PLATFORM.

AND DONALD TRUMP MAY NOT

BE PERFECT, BUT HE IS

GOING TO BE A FRIEND TO

CHRISTIANS.

David: WELL, THEY'VE

TAKEN HIM THIS FAR,

EVANGELICALS.

WE'LL SEE IF THEY GET HIM

THROUGH THE GENERAL

ELECTION.

Reporter: WE'LL SEE.

IT IS GOING TO BE

EXCITING.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

David: WE'RE GOING

TO HAVE TO SEE YOU A LOT

MORE.

Reporter: I LOVE THE

BRODY FILE AND BEING ON

THE SHOW.

David: WE'LL SEND

YOU A CHECK -- NO, WE'RE

NOT GOING TO SEND YOU A

CHECK.

WHAT DID I JUST SAY.

> COMING UP NEXT,

HILLARY CLINTON AND THE

BIBLE.

DON'T LAUGH, WE HEAR FROM

THE MAN WHO KNOWS HER

WELL, WHEN IT COMES TO HER

FAITH JOURNEY.

WE'RE BACK IN A MOMENT.

David: WELCOME BACK

TO "THE BRODY FILE."

FINISH THIS SENTENCE,

HILLARY CLINTON IS...WHAT?

WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THE

REST OF THE SENTENCE WAS A

BIBLE-BELIEVING CHRISTIAN?

MANY MAY CHUCKLE, BUT

DON'T TELL THAT TO BERN

STRIDER.

HE KNOWS HILLARY CLINTON

UP CLOSE.

HE SHARES SOME OF HIS

INSIGHTS WITH US ON

HILLARY CLINTON'S FAITH

JOURNEY HERE ON "THE BRODY

FILE."

WHEN IT COMES TO MATTERS

OF FAITH, BERN STRIDER HAS

HILLARY CLINTON'S EAR.

HE IS A SOUTHERN BAPTIST

FROM MISSISSIPPI, AND SHE

IS A MIDWESTERN METHODIST.

AND HE SENDS HER BIBLE

MESSAGES EVERY DAY.

THAT'S HOW THEY STAY

CONNECTED.

IT HAS BEEN NEARLY A

DECADE NOW WHERE HILLARY

AND I SHARE REFLECTIONS

AND DEVOTIONS EACH DAY.

I CAN'T THINK OF A DAY

WE'VE MISSED.

David: BUT HE IS

ALWAYS IMPRESSED BY

HILLARY'S BIBLE BOOK

KNOWLEDGE.

I'M SHARING, YOU KNOW,

CHRISTIAN DEVOTIONS WITH A

PERSON WHO KNOWS A WHOLE

LOT MORE THAN I DO, ON ANY

COPY, BUT INCLUDING THE

BIBLE.

AND THE WORST THING FOR ME

IS TO REMEMBER SCRIPTURE,

SO I JUST WRITE IT DOWN

AND SEND IT.

AND SHE'LL E-MAIL BACK,

LIKE, YOU DIDN'T CITE

THIS.

WHERE IS IT?

I WOULD SAY, WELL, WHEN I

WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND

LEARNED IT IN SUNDAY

SCHOOL, IT WAS IN THE BOOK

OF MATTHEW 8.

AND SHE'LL E-MAIL BACK AND

SAY, APPARENTLY THEY'VE

MOVED IT.

David: BUT HILLARY

HAS PLENTY OF CRITICS WHEN

IT COMES TO HER FAITH.

MOST SAY SHE IS NOT

ADHERING TO ANY SORT OF

BIBLICAL MORAL CODE, BASED

ON MANY OF HER PUBLIC%X

POLICY POSITIONS, AND SOME

FAMOUS ETHICAL EPISODES.

David: WHAT DO YOU

SAY TO FOLKS WHO HEAR THE

FAITH TALK ABOUT HILLARY

CLINTON AND THEY SAY

EITHER, WE DON'T BUY IT OR

THAT'S NOT THE BRAND OF

CHRISTIANITY THAT WE KNOW.

WHAT'S THE REACTION TO

THAT?

SOMETIMES IT'S BEEN

REALLY FRUSTRATING.

I KNOW THAT MISSISSIPPI --

SOME OF THAT REDNECK HAIR

ON THE BACK OF MY HEAD

STANDS STRAIGHT UP.

THAT'S WHEN I NEED TO,

LIKE, WALK AWAY AND LET IT

SETTLE DOWN.

BUT IT IS BECAUSE I WANT

TO SAY -- I'M, LIKE, YOU

KNOW, BROTHER, I THINK IT

IS INCUMBENT UPON YOU TO

RECOGNIZE THAT I KNOW HER.

AND THAT YOU SHOULD

BELIEVE, OR AT LEAST

TRUST, WHAT I'M TELLING

YOU.

David: HE SAYS WHEN

PEOPLE REALLY GET TO KNOW

HILLARY, THEY WILL SEE A

DIFFERENT SIDE OF HER.

HE HARKENS BACK TO A TIME

WHEN SHE WAS A MEMBER OF

FIRST METHODIST CHURCH AS

FIRST LADY OF ARKANSAS.

> WHEN WE COME BACK,

PRESIDENT OBAMA AND THE

AFRICAN-AMERICAN

COMMUNITY, WHAT WILL BE

HIS LEGACY.

THE ANSWER IS NEXT.

David: WELCOME BACK

TO "THE BRODY FILE,"

EVERYBODY.

AS MUCH AS CONSERVATIVES

CAN'T STAND PRESIDENT

OBAMA AND HIS POLICIES,

HIS POPULARITY IN THE

AFRICAN-AMERICAN IS

THROUGH THE ROOF.

BUT WILL IT STAY THAT WAY

AFTER HE EXITS THE WHITE

HOUSE?

WE SPOKE WITH OUR GOOD

FRIEND, ROLAND MARTIN, WHO

OPINED ON THE MATTER FROM

THE D.N.C. IN PHILLY.

HAVE A LOOK.

THERE WILL BE A

REASSESSMENT OF THE

PRESIDENTS

AFRICAN-AMERICAN LEGACY.

A LOT OF PEOPLE TOLD ME

THIS PERSONALLY -- THERE

ARE A THE LOT OF PEOPLE

WHO DON'T WANT TO BE FULLY

HONEST.

FEBRUARY 17th WILL BE A

WHOLE DIFFERENT

CONVERSATION.

THERE IS STUFF THERE THAT

ONE CAN BE CRITICAL OF.

UNFORTUNATELY,

AFRICAN-AMERICANS DON'T

WANT TO GO THERE BECAUSE

HE IS THE FIRST BLACK

PRESIDENT.

HE ALREADY GAINED SO MUCH

CRITICISM, AND I DON'T

WANT TO DO THAT.

AND THAT'S A REAL, REAL

ISSUE.

WHEN IT COMES TO POLITICS,

LOOK, HERE IS SOMEONE WHO

WROTE A BOOK.

SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE

TO TRAVEL PLACES AND NOT

BE ABLE TO GET BACK TO THE

WHITE HOUSE AND HAVE

DINNER WITH HIS DAUGHTERS.

SO WHAT HE WENT THROUGH,

HE HAS TAKEN THAT AND MADE

IT CLEAR, THAT'S THE TYPE

OF DAD I'M GOING TO BE.

WHICH IS WHY YOU SEE HIM

FOCUSING ON THE KIND OF

INITIATIVES HE HAS FOCUSED

ON, MY BROTHER'S KEEPER AS

WELL, BECAUSE WHEN YOU

DON'T GROW UP WITH YOUR

FATHER, THERE IS ALWAYS

THAT YEARNING THERE.

> WE HAVE NIECES, AND MY

WIFE AND I RAISED SIX OF

THEM.

AND FOR SIX OF THOSE

NIECES, DADDY IS FO NOT

THERE.

I HAVE STEPPED INTO THE

SPACE TO DO THE ROLE OF

THE FATHER, BUT THERE IS

NOTHING LIKE THE

BIOLOGICAL CONNECTION

BETWEEN CHILD AND FATHER.

AND THE PRESIDENT

UNDERSTANDS THAT.

SO KNOW THAT OVERALL

AFRICAN-AMERICANS WILL

LOOK LOVING ON THE

PRESIDENT, BUT THERE WILL

BE A STRONG POLITICAL

ANALYSIS AFTER HE IS OUT

OF THE WHITE HOUSE.

TRUST ME, I THINK YOU'RE

GOING TO SEE THAT.

A LOT OF FOLKS WILL BE

VERY SURPRISED BY WHAT

THEY HEAR WHEN PEOPLE

START BREAKING DOWN

HOUSING, ECONOMICS, JOBS.

THEY'LL GO BEYOND THE

OVERALL FEELING, HOW IT

MADE US FEEL TO HAVE A

BLACK FIRST FAMILY.

AND THEN THEY'LL SAY, HOW

DID WE BENEFIT FROM THIS?

David: SO WHAT DO

THE ACTUAL NUMBERS LIKE

LIKE NOW?

THE PRESIDENT'S SUPPORT

AMONG AFRICAN-AMERICANS.

OVER ALL 52% OF AMERICANS

IN THE COUNTRY APPROVE OF

THE JOB HE IS DOING.

BUT WITHIN THE

AFRICAN-AMERICAN

COMMUNITY, THAT APPROVAL

JUMPS TO 85%.

WE SHOULD NOTE THAT THAT

FIGURE HAS MUCH HIGHER IN

YEARS PAST.

IT HAS BEEN IN THE 90s,

SO THERE IS A BIT OF A

DROP.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO

SEE WHAT THE VIEWS ARE OF

OBAMA IN THE

AFRICAN-AMERICAN IN FIVE

YEARS OR SO.

> ALL RIGHT, COMING UP

NEXT, MARCO RUBIO SITS

DOWN WITH "THE BRODY

FILE."

JENNA BROWDER NABBED OUR

EXCLUSIVE IN ORLANDO.

HIS ADVICE FOR THIS

ELECTION, WHEN WE COME

EVERYBODY.

JENNA BROWDER HERE AT "THE

BRODY FILE" KEEPING VERY

BUSY.

FIRST HER EXCLUSIVE

INTERVIEW WITH DONALD

TRUMP.

AND NOW MARCO RUBIO.

WHAT IS NEXT, THE DALAI

LAMA?

KIM KARDASHIAN?

I HOPE WE DON'T SEE THAT.

JENNA AND MARCO -- THAT

SOUNDS LIKE A REALITY

SERIES OF BRAVO -- SAT

DOWN IN ORLANDO AT THE

PASTORS AND PEWS

CONFERENCE TO DISCUSS

TRUMP AND THE EVANGELICAL

VOTE.

Reporter: A LOT OF

PASTORS ARE CONFLICTED

ABOUT VOTING FOR DONALD

TRUMP.

TED CRUZ AT THE R.N.C.

SAID VOTE YOUR SO CONSCIENCE.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO

PASTORS WHO ARE STILL

CONFLICTED.

I THINK WE WILL ALL

HAVE TO MAKE OUR OWN

CHOICES.

MY VIEW IS ONE OF THE MOST

IMPORTANT ISSUES AWAITING

OUR COUNTRY IS THE

APPOINTMENT OF THE NINTH

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE.

AND THE JUSTICE BEING

REPLACED IS JUSTICE

SCALIA, WHO TIME AND AGAIN

PROVED THAT IN THE HISTORY

OF OUR COUNTRY WAS ONE OF

THE LEADING JURISTS IN

APPLYING THE CONSTITUTION

AS ORIGINALLY INTENDED.

DONALD TRUMP IS COMMITTED

TO APPOINTING SOMEONE LIKE

THAT.

THAT WAS ONE REASON WHY I

THINK PEOPLE MAY CONSIDER

VOTING FOR DONALD, EVEN

THOUGH THEY MAY HAVE SOME

DIFFERENCES WITH HIM ON

OTHER ISSUES, AS I DO.

BUT I DON'T BELIEVE THERE

IS ANY CHANCE AT ALL THAT

HILLARY CLINTON WOULD

APPOINT SOMEONE TO THE

SUPREME COURT WITH A VIEW

THAT SCALIA HAD.

Reporter: AFTER A

PRETTY HEATED RACE, WHERE

DO YOU STAND IN SUPPORTING

DONALD TRUMP?

OBVIOUSLY, I WANTED TO

BE THE NOMINEE.

BUT FOR ME IT COMES DOWN

TO A CHOICE OF SOMEONE

LIKE DONALD, WHO I AGREE

WITH ON A NUMBER OF

ISSUES, BUT HILLARY

CLINTON, WHO I DISAGREE

WITH ON ALL ISSUES.

AND I SIGNED A PLEDGE.

WHEN I WAS RUNNING FOR

PRESIDENT, I SIGNED A

PLEDGE THAT I WOULD

SUPPORT THE REPUBLICAN

NOMINEE.

I'M GOING TO KEEP MY

PLEDGE AND SUPPORT DONALD,

BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH

HILLARY.

I THINK SHE WOULD BE

DISASTEROUS FOR OUR

COUNTRY.

David: HEY, WHILE

WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT OF

MARCO RUBIO, DID YOU KNOW

HE HAS A WIDE RANGE WHEN

IT COMES TO HIS MUSICAL

INTERESTS.

IT'S TRUE.

WE WANT YOU TO LOOK AT A

PAST CLIP FROM A BRODY

FILE INTERVIEW.

I USE MY iPAD TO

LISTEN TO MUSIC.

David: YOU LIKE THIS

RAP MUSIC?

I DO.

THAT'S WHY MY KIDS DON'T

LISTEN TO IT, BECAUSE I

HAVE MUSIC FROM THE

'90s, TOO.

THERE IS A YOUNG MAN IN

MIAMI, HIS REAL NAME IS

RONANDO PEREZ, AND THEY

KNOW HIM AS PIT BULL.

AND I LISTEN TO MERCY ME.

David: PIT BULL,

MERCY ME, OY-GEVALT.

WE AT "THE BRODY FILE"

DECIDED TO COME UP WITH

THE PERFECT PLAY LIST FOR

BOTH THE TRUMP AND CLINTON

COMPAIGNS.

WE THOUGHT TO OURSELVES,

WHAT SONGS WOULD BE

APPROPRIATE TO PLAY AT

THEIR CAMPAIGN RALLIES.

HERE IS THE TRUMP PLAY

LIST, NUMBER FIVE: HOW

ABOUT "ANOTHER BRICK IN

THE WALL," BY PINK FLOYD.

NUMBER FOUR: "DON'T YOU

WANT ME BABY."

NUMBER THREE: "KILLING ME

SOFTLY."

ROBERTA FLACK.

NUMBER TWO: "AGAINST ALL

ODDS."

I THINK THAT'S

APPROPRIATE.

BY PHIL COLLINS.

AND NUMBER ONE: "YOU'RE SO

VAIN."

AND NOW THE HILLARY

CLINTON PLAY LIST.

NUMBER FIVE: "I MADE IT

THROUGH THE RAIN," BECAUSE

SHE HAS ALL OF THESE

ISSUES.

NUMBER FOUR: "TWIST AND

SHOUT," SHE SHOUTS A LOT.

NUMBER THREE: "WON'T GET

FOOLED AGAIN."

AND THAT'S A CLASSIC.

NUMBER TWO: "JAILHOUSE

ROCK," BY ELVIS.

NUMBER ONE: "SMOOTH

CRIMINAL,CRIMINAL," MICHAEL

JACKSON.

WE'RE JUST SAYING SOME

TIPS FOR HILLARY IF SHE

WANTS TO PLAY THESE AT A

RALLY.

I'M THINKING SHE PROBABLY

DOESN'T.

BACK IN A MOMENT.

David: WE'RE BACK

HERE ON "THE BRODY FILE."

WE LOVE TV BLOOPERS.

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU,

HERE ARE A FEW FAVORITES

FOR YOU, OUR OY-VEY MOMENT

OF THE WEEK.

*

[HAVA NAGILA]

*

OH, OH, OH, OH, OH!

WHAT IS THAT.

STUFF LIKE THAT HAPPENS.

David: YOU'VE GOT TO

LOVE IT.

THANKS FOR JOINING US

EVERYONE.

UNTIL NEXT TIME, GOD BLESS

AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

DOWNLOAD THIS VIDEO

EMBED THIS VIDEO

Related Podcasts


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network