The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

700 Club Interactive - October 6, 2016

Turning Point’s David Jeremiah previews his new book and provides insight to the question “Is this the End?” Read Transcript


"700 CLUB INTERACTIVE"

OCTOBER 5, 2016.

Gordon: "STUDIO

5's" EFREM GRAHAM IS

HERE TO SHARE THIS WEEK'S

TOP FIVE TRENDING STORIES.

> PLUS...ARE THESE THE

LAST DAYS?

FROM TERRORISM TO

RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION.

DR. DAVID JEREMIAH JOINS

US LIVE VIA SATELLITE TO

GIVE US A BIBLICAL

PERSPECTIVE, AND HOW WE

CAN HELP CHANGE OUR WORLD.

ALL OF THAT AND MORE ON

TODAY'S "700 CLUB

INTERACTIVE."

> WELL, WELCOME TO THE

SHOW.

DOLLY PARTON IS A TOP

COUNTRY MUSIC PERSON, AND

AISHA CURRIE HAS A BRAND

NEW COOKBOOK.

WELL, HERE IS EFREM GRAHAM

WITH HIS WEEKLY TOP FIVE.

Efrem: AT NUMBER FIVE

THIS WEEK, THE NBA'S SETH

CURRIE SCORES POINT ON THE

COURT, BUT HIS WIFE IS

REACHING GOALS IN THE

KITCHEN.

AYESHA CURRY'S NEW

COOKBOOK, "THE SEASONED

LIFE," HAS JUST MAY THE

NEW YORK TIME'S

BEST-SELLER LIST.

> IT WAS BEAUTIFUL TO

SEE YOU OPEN THE BOOK ON

VIDEO FOR THE VERY FIRST

TIME.

WHAT HAS IT BEEN LIKE

BEING OUT PROMOTING IT?

IT HAS BEEN INSANE.

EVERYBODY KEEPS ASKING ME

IF I'M TIRED OF IT OR IF

I'M OVER IT, AND I'M NOT.

I LOVE IT.

Efrem: AT NUMBER

FOUR, QUEEN OF COUNTRY

MUSIC, DOLLY PARTON, GOES

FROM SOLDOUT CONCERT TOURS

TO YET ANOTHER NUMBER ONE

ALBUM, AND THIS ONE IS

CALLED "DOLLY, PURE AND

SIMPLE," AND IT IS ALL

ABOUT LOVE.

> YOU ARE APPROACHING 50

YEARS OF MARRIAGE

YOURSELF.

WERE THEY AN EXAMPLE FOR

YOU?

MY HUSBAND AND I ALWAYS

LOVED MY MOM AND DAD, BUT

HE IS A GOD-SEND.

Efrem: AND AT NUMBER

THREE.

PERFORMING BLESSINGS,

PLEASE WELCOME KENT THE

RAPPER.

Efrem: GOSPEL COMES

TO LATE NIGHT.

* ARE YOU READY

Efrem: WITH CHANCE

THE RAPPER PERFORMING A

VERSION OF HIS SPIRITUALLY

INSPIRED SONG "BLESSINGS,"

ON JIMMY FALLON.

* I SEEK THE LESSONS FROM

CHILDHOOD *

Efrem: WE HEAD TO

PARIS AND JUSTIN BIEBER

FOR NUMBER TWO.

* I WILL BE YOURS

FOREVER *

* I WILL SING OF YOUR LOVE

FOREVER *

Efrem: ON HIS

"PURPOSE" TOUR IN EUROPE,

AND IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS

SET, THE BIEBS LED A

SING-ALONG OF THE CLASSIC

WORSHIP SONG "I COULD SING

OF YOUR LOVE FOREVER."

AND HIS FANS QUICKLY

CAUGHT ON AND JOINED IN.

* I WILL SING OF YOUR LOVE

FOREVER *

* I WILL SING OF YOUR LOVE

FOREVER *

Efrem: NOW TO NUMBER

ONE.

SO I'M EXCITED.

I'VE BEEN IN THE STUDIO

WORKING, AND WE'LL SEE

WHAT HAPPENS.

Efrem: HOW SOON?

I DON'T KNOW.

YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT AND

FIND OUT.

Efrem: WE'RE STILL

WAITING ON THE ALBUM, BUT

WE HAVE AT LEAST ONE NEW

SONG FROM THE HIP-HOP

SUPERSTAR LE CRAE.

HE HAS TEAMED UP FOR A

POWERFUL SONG FOR THE

SOUNDTRACK OF THE FILM

"BIRTH OF A NATION."

BOY, YOU BETTER TAKE

SOMETHING AND QUICK.

TAKE HEED THEREFORE AND

TO YOURSELVES.

Efrem: THIS FILM

TELLS THE STORY OF A SLAVE

REBELLION LED BY PREACHER

NAT TURNER, AND THE TUNE

IS CALLED "ON MY OWN."

* I'VE BEEN PUSHING HARD,

I'VE BEEN PRAYING HARDER *

Gordon: EFREM,

WELCOME BACK TO THE SHOW.

Efrem: IT'S GOOD TO

BE BACK.

Gordon: AYESHA CURRY,

SHE'S GOT A COOKBOOK.

HAVE YOU GOTTEN IT?

Efrem: YES.

Gordon: HAVE YOU

COOKED OUT OF IT?

Efrem: I HAVE.

IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU,

BUT IT IS OH, SO GOOD.

IT IS BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN,

AND IT'S HER MOM'S RECIPE.

IT IS UNBELIEVABLY GOOD.

THE NEXT THING I WOULD SAY

ABOUT AYESHA CURRY, AS

SWEET AS SHE CAN BE, AS

GENEROUS WITH HER TIME SHE

COULD BE, I LEARNED THAT

NOT ONLY DID SHE CREATE

ALL OF THE RECIPES IN

THERE, BUT THE ARTWORK

INSIDE THE COOKBOOK IS HER

OWN.

SHE ACTUALLY GOT IN THE

KITCHEN, AND SHE WAS

POINTING OUT TO ME IN THE

BOOK ALL OF THE FLAWS IN

THE PICTURES TO PROVE THAT

I DID THIS MYSELF.

AND WHAT I ALSO LOVED

ABOUT HER WAS SHE TALKED

ABOUT FINDING HER PURPOSE.

SHE ACTUALLY WANTED TO BE

AN ACTRESS.

MOVED FROM CHARLOTTE TO

L.A. FRESH OUT OF HIGH

SCHOOL TO PURSUE ACTING.

GOT GIGS, BUT WAS NOT

COMFORTABLE THERE.

FELT LIKE THIS ISN'T FOR

ME.

AND THIS IS PRE-SETH

CURRIE DAYS FOR HER.

THEY WERE JUST DATING AT

THE TIME.

SHE WALKED AWAY FROM THAT,

BACK TO CHARLOTTE, AND SAT

AND PRAYED.

AND SAID, GOD, WHAT IS IT

THAT YOU WANT ME TO DO?

AND IN GETTING MARRIED AND

BECOMING A WIFE AND MOM,

SHE REALIZED HER LOVE FOR

COOKING.

AND SHE FOUND HER PURPOSE

IN THAT.

AND SHE WAS NOT DOING IT

FOR GLITZ AND GLAMOUR.

SHE WAS DOING IT BECAUSE

SHE GREW UP AND SAW THE

LOVE OF A FAMILY SITTING

AROUND THE DINNER TABLE,

AND WAS SO IN LOVE WITH

THAT PROCESS.

AND NOW SHE HAS A COOKBOOK

AND A COOKING SHOW COMING

UP IN A MATTER OF WEEKS.

AND SHE WAS DENIED THE

COOKBOOK OPTION BEFORE,

AND SHE WAS DENIED THE

COOKING SHOW BEFORE, BUT

GOD HAS OPENED ALL OF THE

DOORS FOR HER NOW.

AND SHE IS A HARD, HARD,

TIRELESS WORKING WOMAN.

Gordon: I'VE BEEN A

LONG PROPONENT OF THE

FAMILY MEAL.

YOU'VE GOT TO SIT AROUND

AND TALK, AND YOU'VE GOT

TO PUT THE CELL PHONES

AWAY.

Efrem: ABSOLUTELY.

Gordon: AND

ABSOLUTELY SUNDAY SUPPER

HAS GOT TO BE A SPECIAL

EVENT.

AND FAMILIES THAT DO THAT

TEND TO STAY TOGETHER.

Efrem: I HAVE A

LITTLE GUILT STORY.

WE HAD DINNER THE OTHER

DAY AT MY HOUSE, AND IT

WASN'T SUNDAY, AND MY

DAUGHTER SAID, THIS FEELS

LIKE SUNDAY.

AND I GO, WHY?

AND SHE SAID BECAUSE WE'RE

SITTING AROUND THE TABLE

TALKING.

AND I THOUGHT, OOH, WE'VE

GOT TO DO THIS MORE THAN

JUST SUNDAY.

Gordon: ALL RIGHT.

LET'S TALK ABOUT A LITTLE

MAGIC, HERE IS DOLLY

PARTON WITH A NUMBER ONE

RECORD.

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

Efrem: HOW DO YOU DO

THIS?

HOW DO YOU DO THIS?

THE WHOLE ENTIRE ALBUM IS

FOCUSED ON LOVE.

SHE RELEASES IT.

SHE IS ON A 60-CITY TOUR.

THIS WOMAN, 60-CITY TOUR.

AND SHE DOES NOT FLY.

SHE RIDES A BUS ALL OVER

THE COUNTRY.

SHE SLEEPS ON THE BUS.

SHE DOESN'T LIKE TO GET

OUT AND GO INTO A HOTEL.

SHE PACKS THE BUS AND

THAT'S WHERE SHE STAYS.

Gordon: IS THERE A

LOT OF REDBULL ON THE BUS?

[LAUGHTER]

Efrem: SHE IS

TIRELESS.

SHE LOVES IT, AND SHE IS

NOT GOING TO STOP AT ALL.

Gordon: YOU GO, GIRL.

Efrem: YOU GOT IT.

SHE IS AMAZING.

Gordon: YAY!

I'M PROUD OF HER.

Efrem: ME, TOO.

I WANT THAT ENERGY WHEN I

GET THERE.

Gordon: I'M CLOSER

THAN YOU.

I DON'T KNOW IF I'LL HAVE

THAT ENERGY AT ALL.

> WE'VE GOT CHANCE THE

RAPPER.

LATE-NIGHT TELEVISION, AND

HE IS SINGING A SPIRITUAL

SONG.

Efrem: "BLESSINGS."

AND IT IS NOT THE FIRST

TIME HE HAS DOB DONE IT, BUT

IT IS A NEW VERSION OF THE

SONG.

HE IS AMONG THOSE THAT

WE'RE WATCHING IN THE

HIP-HOP WORLD.

WE HAVE CHANCE THE RAPPER,

AND KANYE WEST, AND

THEY'RE TEAMING UP WITH

PEOPLE LIKE KIRK

FRANKFURTKIRK FRANKLINAND OBVIOUSLY SEEKIN G

SOMETHING.

IT IS GOOD TO SEE.

I KNOW THE CHRISTIAN

COMMUNITY CAN SOMETIMES BE

QUICK TO BLAST THEM AND

LOOK AT THEIR LIVES AND

THINK THEY'RE DOING WRONG,

AND WITH SOME OF THE OTHER

MUSIC THAT THEY SING, BUT

I EMBRACE IT BECAUSE

OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING IS

HAPPENING.

SOMETHING IS HAPPENING IN

THEIR HEARTS.

BECAUSE THIS MUSIC DOESN'T

JUST COME FROM NOWHERE.

Gordon: IT IS

DEFINITELY INSPIRED.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE HUNGRY

FOR THAT EXPERIENCE, TO GO

ON STAGE AND SAY, I WANT

TO SHARE THIS.

THIS IS WHAT I'M GOING

THROUGH.

Efrem: UH-HUH.

Consuelo: AN Gordon: AND I APPLAUD

THEM FOR DOING IT.

Efrem: AND WE SEE

JUSTIN BIEBER DOING THE

SAME THING, TO SING "I

COULD SING OF YOUR LOVE

FOREVER," AND TO LEAD THE

ENTIRE AUDIENCE IN PARIS

IN THAT SONG.

AMAZING.

Gordon: YEAH.

AND THEY KNEW THE LYRICS.

Efrem: THEY KNEW THE

LYRICS.

Gordon: I DIDN'T KNOW

IT WAS IN PARIS.

THEY KNEW THE LYRICS IN

ENGLISH, WHICH, YOU

KNOW -- WE HEAR A LOT OF

NEGATIVE HEADLINES, BUT

THAT, FOR ME, GIVES ME

HOPE.

Efrem: THEY'RE

PLANTING THE SEED.

Gordon: ARE WE SEEING

SOMETHING WITH

MILLENNIALS?

IS THERE NOW A CHANGE THAT

THEY WANT AN AUTHENTIC

SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE?

Efrem: ABSOLUTELY.

I BELIEVE THEY DO.

AND THEY CAN SNIFF OUT A

PHONY QUICKER THAN

ANYBODY.

YOU HAVE CHILDREN, AND I

HAVE CHILDREN, AND THEY

CAN SMELL IT WHEN IT IS

NOT REAL.

THEY WANT THAT

AUTHENTICITY.

Gordon: WE'RE

TOGETHER, IT IS WEDNESDAY,

AND WE'VE GOT TO TALK

ABOUT RACIAL INJUSTICE IN

AMERICA TODAY.

IT SEEMS TO BE OUR THING.

WHEN I READ THE TITLE

"BIRTH OF A NATION," I

THINK OF A VERY RACIST

MOVIE.

Efrem: UH-HUH.

Gordon: AND WHEN YOU

SEE THAT AND YOU SEE THE

BEGINNINGS OF CINEMA IN

AMERICA --

Efrem: ABSOLUTELY.

IT WAS SUCH A PIONEERING

FILM, 1915, D.W. GIV W.

GRIFFITH, AND I REMEMBER

SITTING IN SI IN CINEMATOGRAPHY

FILM, AND I REMEMBER

SEEING THE KU KLUX KLAN

BEING GLORIFIED, AND WE'RE

WATCHING THE FILM NOT

BECAUSE OF THAT, BUT

BECAUSE OF ITS PIONEERING

CINEMATOGRAPHY, BUT THE

SUBJECT MATTER IS PAINFUL.

WE NOW HAVE "BIRTH OF A

NATION 2016," AND NATE

PARKER IS TAKING THAT

TITLE BACK AND TELLING A

SLAVE REBELLION STORY,

BASED ON THE LIFE OF NAT

TURNER, WHO LED A SLAVE

REBELLION.

AND IT WAS BLOODY.

AT LEAST 60 PEOPLE WERE

KILLED, AS FAR AS SLAVE

OWNERS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

BUT IN RETURN, 200 SLAVES,

AT LEAST, KILLED, VIOLENT,

BUT TRUE TO LIFE IN TERMS

OF WHAT WAS GOING ON, AND

TO WATCH HOW SCRIPTURE

PLAYED OUT IN ALL OF THIS.

IT IS A POWERFUL FILM.

Gordon: ARE WE

FINALLY GOING TO GET THE

REAL STORY OF NAT TURNER?

BECAUSE WHEN I WAS GROWING

UP, GOING TO PUBLIC

SCHOOLS IN VIRGINIA, SLAVE

REBELLION WAS BAD.

NAT TURNER WAS BAD.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE EMPHASIS

OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE

THAT DIED.

AND IT WAS CURIOUS BECAUSE

THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT

WAS HAPPENING AT THE SAME

TIME.

AND DR. MARTIN LUTHER

KING, JR. WAS VERY MUCH

COMMITTED TO PASSIVEISM.

AND I ADMIRE HIM FOR THAT.

ARE WE GOING TO GET THE

SPIRITUAL ROOTS OF THE

SLAVE REBELLION?

Efrem: I BELIEVE WE

ARE.

BECAUSE I'VE SEEN THE

FILM.

IT IS RATED "R" BECAUSE OF

THE VIOLENCE, AND BECAUSE

OF THE LANGUAGE.

AS YOU CAN IMAGINE.

BUT THE TRUE STORY, HE IS

AS TRUE TO IT AS HE

POSSIBLY CAN BE, REALLY

DIVING INTO SCRIPTURE,

TALKING ABOUT THE FACT

THAT FOR EVERY SCRIPTURE

THAT WAS USED TO JUSTIFY

SLAVERY, THERE IS ANOTHER

SCRIPTURE THAT

COUNTER-ACTS THAT AND

GIVES THE TRUE PICTURE.

AND WATCHING HIS

TRANSFORMATION BECAUSE

THIS WAS -- THINK ABOUT

THIS, A SLAVE AS A KID,

AND HE LEARNED TO READ.

AND HE LEARNED TO READ

JUST ONE BOOK, AND THAT'S

THE BIBLE.

BECAUSE THE SLAVE OWNERS

BELIEVED YOU COULD HANDLE

THE BIBLE BECAUSE IT IS

NOT GOING TO PLANT ANY

SEEDS OF DOUBT.

Gordon: IT WAS

ACTUALLY ILLEGAL FOR HIM

TO LEARN.

Efrem: ABSOLUTELY.

Gordon: PEOPLE THAT

WOULD TEACH SLAVES TO READ

FACED JAIL.

Efrem: SLAVE OWNERS

OPTED TO TEACH IT, BUT

ONLY TAUGHT HIM TO READ

THE BIBLE.

LITERALLY THAT UNFOLDED IN

HIS LIFE IN A GREAT,

POWERFUL WAY.

Gordon: ALWAYS GREAT

TO HAVE YOU.

Efrem: THANK YOU.

GOOD TO BE HERE.

Gordon: IF YOU ENJOY

EFREM, YOU CAN HAVE MORE.

JUST WATCH HIS SHOW.

"STUDIO 5."

AND YOU CAN WATCH IT ON

ROKU, APPLE TV OR GO TO

cbn.com, "STUDIO 5," AND

YOU CAN WATCH IT RIGHT

WHERE YOU ARE.

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO IT.

THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH

US.

Efrem: THANK YOU.

Gordon: THE WORLD

SEEMS TO BE RAPIDLY

DECAYING, AND HOW COULD

YOU HAVE HOPE?

DR. DAVID JEREMIAH JOINS

US LIVE VIA SATELLITE TO

Gordon: TURN ON THE

NEWS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK,

AND YOU'LL BE REMINDED OUR

WORLD IS IN DESPERATE NEED

OF REPAIR.

AND IF THERE IS ONE MAN

WHO KNOWS HOW TO

RERESPOND, THAT'S

DR. DAVID JEREMIAH.

TAKE A LOOK.

Reporter: DR. DAVID

JEREMIAH, FOUNDER OF

"TURNING POINT," AND

PASTOR OF SHADOW MOUNTAIN

IS ONE OF THE MOST

SOUGHT-AFTER RELIGIOUS

LEADERS.

HE SAYS THE HEADLINES ARE

JARRING, WITH TERRORISM

THAT LEADS ACROSS BORDERS,

A GROWING CULTURE OF

APATHY, AND ESCALATING

TENSIONS, THE FUTURE SEEMS

UNCERTAIN FOR EVERYONE.

IN HIS LATEST BOOK, "IS

THIS THE END," HE GIVES A

BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE ON

TOPICS AFFECTING OUR

SOCIETY, AND THE ROLE WE

PLAY IN CHANGING OUR

WORLD.

Gordon: PLEASE

WELCOME VIA SATELLITE

DR. DAVID JEREMIAH.

THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH

US.

THANK YOU FOR HAVING

ME.

Gordon: WHAT'S THE

ROOT CAUSE OF AMERICA'S

DECLINE?

WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT,

GORDON?

WHEN YOU COME TO THE

CONCLUSION THAT GOD IS NOT

THE CREATOR AND WE ARE NOT

CREATIONS OF THE ALMIGHTY

GOD, YOU HAVE NO ONE TO

REPORT TO, AND PRETTY SOON

EVERYONE IS DOING THAT

WHICH IS RIGHT IN THEIR

OWN EYES.

ONE OF THE CHAPTERS IN

THIS BOOK IS CALLED "THE

AGE OF ANYTHING GOES," AND

THAT'S WHERE WE ARE TODAY.

Gordon: DO YOU SEE A

FURTHER EROSION OF OUR

RELIGIOUS FREEDOM?

IS THAT SORT OF THE NEXT

STEP FOR OUR CULTURE?

I BELIEVE THAT'S GOING

TO HAPPEN UNLESS WE HAVE

AN INTERVENTION, SOME SORT

OF SIXTH GREAT AWAKENING,

OR SOMETHING OF THAT

NATURE, BECAUSE THERE IS

NOTHING STANDING IN THE

WAY.

WE JUST SEEM POWERLESS TO

STOP IT.

IT IS JUST LITTLE BY

LITTLE, ONE BY ONE OUR

FREEDOMS ARE BEING TAKEN

FROM US.

Gordon: I KEEP

WONDERING WHAT IS GOING TO

GET US TO WAKE UP.

IT JUST SEEMS TO BE A

WHOLE SERIES OF

CATACLYSMS, STARTING

WITH -- WELL, LET'S JUST

TAKE THE PAST 16 YEARS.

YOU GO BACK TO 9/11, GO

BACK TO THE ELECTION RIGHT

BEFORE THAT.

WE COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHO

WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT THE

DAY AFTER THE ELECTION.

AND THEN YOU HAVE 9/11.

AND THEN YOU HAVE A HUGE

STOCK MARKET CRASH.

THE ECONOMY IS IN

SHAMBLES.

ALL OF THEM SEEM TO BE

WAKEUP CALLS.

BUT WHY DO WE CONTINUE TO

SLUMBER?

BECAUSE WE ALWAYS

FIGURE OUT SOME WAY TO

BAIL OURSELVES OUT ENOUGH

SO THAT WE FEEL

COMFORTABLE GOING FORWARD.

ONE OF THE GREAT EVIDENCES

OF THE HISTORY OF REVIVAL

IS THAT REVIVAL IN THIS

NATION HAPPENED WHEN ALL

HOPE WAS GONE.

I THINK THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE

MISS.

THERE SLBEE HAVE BEEN TIMES IN

AMERICA THAT HAVE BEEN

WORSE THAN WHERE WE ARE

RIGHT NOW, AND IT WAS AT

THAT MOMENT THAT GOD

INTERVENED.

I GUESS WE HAVEN'T FALLEN

FAR ENOUGH FOR US TO

REALIZE OUR ONLY WAY IS TO

LOOK UP.

Gordon: YOU MENTIONED

PERSONAL REVIVAL IN THE

BOOK.

WHY IS THAT SO IMPORTANT?

IT IS SO EASY FOR US TO

TALK ABOUT REVIVAL AS A

GENERALITY.

BUT REVIVAL ALWAYS STARTS

WITH ONE PERSON.

WHEN I GO BACK AND READ

THE HISTORY, JEREMIAH

LAFUR ANNOUNCED A PRAYER

MEETING IN NEW YORK CITY,

AND NOBODY CAME.

AND THEN SOMEBODY CAME,

AND THEN 50,000 PEOPLE

WERE PRAYING EVERY NOON IN

NEW YORK CITY.

THAT WAS ONE OF THE GREAT

AWAKENINGS IN OUR COUNTRY.

REVIVAL STARTS IN OUR OWN

HEARTS.

IF WE DON'T LOOK FIRST

INWARD, THEN IT WILL NOT

HAPPEN.

Gordon: WHAT CAN WE

DO AS CHRISTIANS TO

TRIGGER THAT EVENT, TO

TRIGGER THAT KIND OF

REVIVAL?

YEAH.

IT IS KIND OF FUNNY TO ME

BECAUSE I GREW UP IN A

PASTOR'S HOUSE.

AND MY FATHER USED TO

ANNOUNCE REVIVALS.

BUT THEY WEREN'T EXACTLY

THE KIND OF REVIVALS THAT

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT

NOW.

REVIVAL STARTS AS GOD

INTERVENES.

AND ALL WE CAN DO IS

PREPARE THE WAY.

WE CAN GET THE KINLING

READY THROUGH THE FIRE,

THROUGH SELF-EXAMINATION,

THROUGH PRAYER.

IF MY PEOPLE, WHICH ARE

CALLED BY MY NAME, WILL

HUMBLE THEMSELVES WILL

PRAY AND CONFESS THEIR

SINS -- THAT'S A PRETTY

GOOD START RIGHT THERE.

Gordon: IT'S A VERY

GOOD START.

LET'S TURN TO THE MIDDLE

EAST.

WE LOOK AT THE RISE OF

ISIS, THE RISE OF IRAN,

AND NOW TURKEY SEEMS TO

HAVE AMBITIONS TO EXPAND.

THEY'RE BECOMING NOT A

SECULAR MUSLIM COUNTRY,

BUT A RELIGIOUS MUSLIM

COUNTRY.

THE RISE OF RUSSIA AGAIN.

ARE WE, AS YOUR TITLE

SUGGESTS -- IS THIS THE

END TREG.

END?

I DON'T HAVE ANY INSIDE

INFORMATION THAT THIS IS

THE END.

BUT THINGS ARE HAPPENING

NOW THAT HAVE NEVER

HAPPENED BEFORE.

YOU MENTIONED RUSSIA.

EZEKIEL 38 AND 39, AND IT

IS BEING LIVED OUT BEFORE

US.

AND THE OTHER NATIONS THAT

ARE PART OF A COALITION

THAT COMES AGAINST ISRAEL

BEFORE THE TRIBULATION

PERIOD, AND THOSE THINGS

ARE MOVING INTO A POSITION

IN A WAY THAT STARTLES US.

BECAUSE, LET'S FACE IT, WE

THOUGHT RUSSIA WAS

HISTORY.

Gordon: YEAH, WE DID.

AND I'VE LIVED IN A WORLD

WHERE I THOUGHT TURKEY WAS

A FRIEND OF ISRAEL.

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D EVER

SEE A RUSSIAN AIR BASE IN

SYRIA.

AND I NEVER THOUGHT I

WOULD SEE THE UNITED

STATES IN THIS SORT OF

STRANGE ALLIANCE WITH

IRAN, TRYING TO DEAL WITH

ISIS AND IRAQ.

IT IS ALMOST LIKE WE'RE

NOT CONCERNED AT ALL, WHAT

HAPPENS IF IRAN TAKES OVER

ALL OF THAT TERRITORY?

IS THAT A CONSOLIDATION OF

POWER, A STATE SPONSOR OF

TERRORISM?

I NEVER EXPECTED TO SEE

THAT KIND OF WORLD PLAY

OUT IN MY LIFETIME.

WHEN I FIRST STARTED TO

TALK ABOUT RUSSIA SOME

YEARS AGO, AND ITS

RELATIONSHIP WITH IRAN,

PEOPLE LOOKED AT ME LIKE I

WAS CRAZY, THAT THAT NEVER

WOULD HAPPEN.

AND THEN THESE LAST MONTHS

HAVE BEEN OVERWHELMING

PROPHETIC BECAUSE THE

RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN IRAN

AND RUSSIA AND THE NATIONS

THAT ARE LISTED IN THE

NORTHERN COALITION --

THREE OR FOUR OF THEM ARE

FROM TURKEY.

AND SO WHEN YOU STUDY THE

BIBLE, IT IS KIND OF,

LIKE, OH, SO THAT'S WHAT

THAT IS ALL ABOUT.

WHAT I TRIED TO DO IN THIS

BOOK WAS LAY OUT THE

FOUNDATION OF WHAT THE

BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MANY OF

THESE ISSUES.

NOT TO SAY OKAY, HERE IS

WHERE JESUS IS COMING

BACK.

NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO DO

THAT.

WE SHOULD NEVER DO THAT.

WE CANNOT KNOW THE TIME,

BUT WE SURE CAN KNOW THE

SEASON.

AND I BELIEVE WE'RE IN

THAT SEASON.

Gordon: WHAT WOULD

YOU SAY TO CHRISTIANS --

I'M GETTING A SENSE THAT

WE NEED TO BE DOOMSDAY

PREPPERS AND WE NEED TO GO

OFF TO THE MOUNTAINS AND

STORE A BUNCH OF FOOD.

WHAT SHOULD CHRISTIANS BE

DOING IN THIS SEASON?

YOU KNOW WHAT?

THIS IS THE GREATEST TIME

WE HAVE EVER HAD FOR THE

GOSPEL.

I BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL OF

MY HEART.

I AM MORE MOTIVATED AND

HAVE A GREATER SENSE OF

URGENCY IN MY OWN HEART TO

REACH PEOPLE FOR CHRIST.

RATHER THAN WORKING ON OUR

OWN SELF-PRESERVATION,

THIS IS THE TIME FOR US TO

SHARE THE GOSPEL IN EVERY

WAY POSSIBLE, EVERYWHERE

POSSIBLE.

AND THAT'S WHERE I THINK

OUR FOCUS OUGHT TO BE.

IT IS INTERESTING WHAT

HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET YOUR

FOCUS ON THAT.

YOU QUIT WORRYING ABOUT

THAT AND YOUR OWN SAFETY.

THE DARKNESS PROVIDES A

GREAT BACKGROUND FOR THE

LIGHT OF THE GOSPEL.

Gordon: AMEN.

AND AMEN.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

LET'S GET MORE PEOPLE IN

THE LIFE BOAT.

WE NEED A LOT OF LABOR LABORERS

AND HARVESTERS.

THANKS FOR THE BOOK AND

THANKS FOR BEING WITH US.

THE BOOK IS CALLED "IS

THIS THE END."

AND IT IS A AVAILABLE NOW.

THANK YOU.

Gordon: THERE IS

HOPE, AND IT STARTS WITH

PRAYER.

JOIN US HERE AT CBN.

WE'RE IN A 40-DAY

NATIONWIDE "PRAY FOR

AMERICA" CAMPAIGN.

AND WE'RE ASKING ALL OF

YOU TO PRAY FOR AMERICA

THROUGH OCTOBER 14th.

AND I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU

TO TAKE IT PAST

OCTOBER 14th.

HAVE PRAYER FOR AMERICA BE

A DAILY PART OF YOUR

PRAYER LIFE.

WE NEED TO PRAY FOR

AMERICA.

IF YOU WANT TO PLEDGE TO

PRAY, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO

IS GO TO OUR WEBSITE,

prayforAmerica.com, OR

CALL US, 1-800-700-7000.

AND THERE YOU CAN SEE ALL

OF THE RED DOTS WHERE

PEOPLE HAVE SAID YES, WE

WANT TO PRAY.

WE'VE ALREADY TOPPED

100,000 PEOPLE, AND WE

WANT TO SEE AMERICA

COVERED IN PRAYER.

> WELL, A 6-YEAR-OLD HAS

A VISION THAT CHANGES HER

LIFE.

AND I PRAYED TO GOD AND

SAID, REMOVE THE BLACK

HEART FROM ME AND GIVE ME

A GOOD HEART.

Gordon: HOW

"SUPERBOOK" PLAYED A ROLE

Gordon: ESTHER WAS

READY FOR HER SIXTH

BIRTHDAY PARTY.

SHE KNEW THE DAY WOULD BE

FULL OF FRIENDS, FAMILY,

AND GIFTS.

HOWEVER, SHE WAS ABOUT TO

RECEIVE ONE GIFT THAT

WOULD CHANGE HER LIFE.

Reporter: ESTHER WAS

FIVE YEARS OLD WHEN SHE

FIRST SAW "SUPERBOOK."

HER FATHER FOUND IT ON A

YouTube CHANNEL WHILE

LOOKING FOR CHRISTIAN

PROGRAMMING IN MUMBAI,

INDIA.

IN ONE STORY, ESTHER SAW

HOW SATAN AND SIN

CORRUPTED EVERYONE.

BUT SHE ALSO SAW THERE WAS

HOPE IN THE ONE SHE DIDN'T

YET BELIEVE IN, JESUS

CHRIST.

IF YOU FORGIVE, AND GOD

FORGIVES US, IT IS GOOD

FOR US.

Reporter: ABOUT A

MONTH AFTER WATCHING THAT

STORY, ESTHER HAD HER

SIXTH STORY.

HER COUSIN SANG A SONG TO

HER IN HINDI, BUT SHE

DIDN'T UNDERSTAND AND WAS

ANGRY.

WHEN I FELL ASLEEP,

THERISAW A VISION.

I WILL NOT GET GOD HAVE

THIS ONE.

I PRAYED TO GOD AND I

SAID REMOVE THE BLACK

HEART FROM ME, AND GIVE ME

A GOOD HEART.

Reporter: A RAINBOW

CAME OUT OF HER HEART AND

COVERED HER BODY.

THEN I SAW JESUS WAS

COMING IN MY HEART AND HE

WAS STAYING WITH ME

FOREVER.

Reporter: WHEN ESTHER

WOKE UP, SHE KNEW FOR

CERTAIN THAT JESUS IS GOD

AND HE FORGAVE HER SINS.

SHE IMMEDIATELY APOLOGIZED

TO HER COUSINS FOR GETTING

ANGRY DURING HER PARTLY.

PARTY.

AFTER THAT, EVERYTHING

WAS CHANGING AND NEW.

Reporter: ESTHER NOW

HELPS HER MOTHER RUN A

"SUPERBOOK" CLUB IN

MUMBAI.

IT IS HELPING CHILDREN

LIKE HER UNDERSTAND THAT

JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONE

TRUE GOD.

HE GAVE ME STRENGTH.

HE GAVE ME POWER.

AND I SHARED MY FAITH WITH

MY FRIENDS, LETTING THEM

KNOW MORE AND MORE AND

MORE ABOUT JESUS CHRIST.

Gordon: YOU CAN BE A

PART OF IT.

HOW?

JUST BY JOINING THE

"SUPERBOOK" D.V.D. CLUB.

YOU CAN BE A PART OF

TAKING THE STORIES OF THE

BIBLE TO THE CHILDREN OF

THE WORLD.

IT'S YOURS WHEN YOU CALL

US: 1-800-700-7000.

AND SAY, YES, I WANT TO

JOIN.

IT IS $25.

> WELL, HEAVEN AND EARTH

WILL PASS AWAY, BUT MY

WORDS WILL NEVER PASS

AWAY.

LET THAT SCRIPTURE

ENCOURAGE YOU TODAY.

AND KEEP IN MIND DR. DAVID

JEREMIAH'S EMPHASIS, WE

NEED TO GET SOULS SAVED.

GOD BLESS YOU.

EMBED THIS VIDEO


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network