The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

700 Club Interactive - March 20, 2017

Born without legs, Jen Bricker is a successful acrobat and aerialist who lives by a simple rule, “never say can’t.” Read Transcript


Gordon: BORN WITHOUT

LEGS...

YOU JUST DON'T THINK OF

IT LIKE THAT, AS SOME HUGE

ISSUE, BECAUSE IT NEVER

WAS.

Gordon: SHE BECAME A

WORLD CLASS GYMNAST AND SO

MUCH MORE.

I LEARNED SO MUCH FROM

THAT.

AND I CAME OUT A WARRIOR.

Gordon: HER INSPIRING

STORY, ON TODAY'S "700

CLUB INTERACTIVE."

WELL, WELCOME TO THE SHOW.

LAST YEAR THE FOUNDER OF A

THE SATANIC CHURCH IN

TEXAS CONVERTED TO

CHRISTIANITY.

THE FIRST PERSON HE LED TO

THE LORD, HIS WIFE.

Terry: WELL, JACOB

AND HIS WIFE, MICHELLE,

TOOK IT EVEN FURTHER.

THEY RENEWED THEIR

MARRIAGE VOWS AND GOT

BAPTIZED.

JUST BEFORE WE DO

BAPTISMS, ONE OF THE

REQUESTS -- JACOB AND

MICHELLE ARE BOTH GOING TO

BE BAPTIZED.

JACOB HAS ALREADY BEEN

BAPTIZED SINCE BEING

CONVERTED, AUGUST 11th,

BUT SINCE THAT TIME, HIS

WIFE HAS COME TO KNOW

JESUS IN THEIR HOME.

WE WERE ONCE COVERED IN

DARKNESS.

WE WERE MIRED IN THE

SHADOWS OF THE ADVERSARIAL

INFLUENCE AND KNEW NO LOVE

OUTSIDE OF EACH OTHER.

TODAY I REBUKE, DENOUNCE,

AND BREAK THE SATANIC

COVENANT BY THE BLOOD OF

JESUS.

[APPLAUSE]

AND I CREATE A NEW

COVENANT WITH OUR HEAVENLY

FATHER, BY THE BLOOD OF

THE MESSIAH, JESUS CHRIST,

WHICH HAS REDEEMED US FROM

OUR PAST TRANSGRESSIONS.

JACOB, YOU KNOW THAT

JESUS LIVES IN YOUR HEART.

AND UPON YOUR CONFESSION

OF YOUR FAITH AND THE LORD

JESUS CHRIST, I BAPTIZE

YOU TODAY IN THE NAME OF

THE FATHER, THE SON, AND

THE HOLY SPIRIT.

*

Gordon: THAT'S A

WONDERFUL STORY.

THAT IS A YAY!

Terry: IT SURELY IS.

WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE

AN ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD

CHANGED BY THE TRUTH.

Gordon: YEAH.

AND THAT WHOLE CONFESSION

THEY MADE REMINDED ME OF

THE CATECHISM OF THE FIRST

CENTURY CHURCH.

AND ONE OF THE CONDITIONS

OF BAPTISM WAS TO SAY I

RENOUNCE SATAN AND ALL OF

HIS WORKS.

AND THERE IS A CLEAR

DELINEATION.

YOU SAY, I' I'M GOING TO CUT

MYSELF OFF FROM ALL OF

THAT.

Terry: IT IS A

DARKNESS AND LIGHT STORY,

WITH THE LIGHT WINNING.

> HERE IS A STORY YOU

WOULDN'T HERE EVERY DAY, A

SAME-SEX-ATTRACTED PASTOR

GAVE A PASSIONATE SPEECH

DEFENDING MARRIAGE LAST

MONTH, A SPEECH THAT

CONTINUES TO GO VIRAL.

Gordon: SAM ALBURY,

IN THE U.K., TOLD THE

LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY: MY

CHURCH HAS NOT BECOME A

SAFE PLACE FOR ME.

I AM SAME-SEX

ATTRACTED.

BY THAT I MEAN I HAVE

SEXUAL ROMANTIC AND DEEP

EMOTIONAL ATTRACTIONS TO

PEOPLE OF THE SAME-SEX.

I CHOOSE TO DESCRIBE

MYSELF THIS WAY BECAUSE

SEXUALITY IS NOT AN

IDENTITY TO ME.

AND THAT HAS BECOME GOOD

NEWS.

MY PRIMARY SENSE OF WORTH

AND FULFILLMENT AS A HUMAN

BEING IS NOT CONTINGENT ON

BEING RO ROMANTICALLY OR

SEXUALLY FULFILLED.

AND THIS IS DELIBERATING.

THE MOST COMPLETE PERSON

WHOEVER LIVED WAS JESUS

CHRIST.

HE NEVER MARRIED.

HE WAS NEVER IN A ROMANTIC

RELATIONSHIP AND NEVER HAD

SEX.

IF WE SAY THESE THINGS ARE

INTRINSIC TO HUMAN

FULFILLMENTS, WE ARE

CALLING O OUR SAVIOR

SUB-HUMAN.

AS SOMEONE WHO USES THE

LANGUAGE OF SAME-SEX

ATTRACTION, I HAVE TO SAY

THAT MY CHURCH HAS NOT

BECOME A SAFE PLACE FOR

ME.

AND BY "CHURCH," I DON'T

MEAN MY CONGREGATION, BUT

I MEAN THIS SYNOD.

NOT BECAUSE OF THE REPORT

SAYS, BUT BECAUSE OF WHAT

HAS HAPPENED SINCE.

I WAS BULLIED AT SCHOOL

FOR BEING GAY.

I NOW FEEL I'M BEING

BULLIED AT SYNOD FOR BEING

SAME-SEX ATTRACTED AND

FATAL TO THE TEACHING OF

JESUS ON MARRIAGE.

I'M GRATEFUL THAT THE

REPORT REAFFIRMS THE

TRADITIONAL DOCTRINE OF

MARRIAGE.

I'M CONCERNED THAT WE'RE

ALREADY PREPARING TO

PASTORALLY UNDERMINE IT.

MY QUESTION TO THE BISHOP

IS: DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE

IN IT?

IS IT GOOD NEWS FOR THE

WORLD?

MANY OF US HAVE FOUND IT

TO BE LIFE-GIVING, AS THE

MESSAGE AND TEACHING OF

JESUS ALWAYS IS.

THANK YOU.

[APPLAUSE]

Gordon: THAT TOOK A

LOT OF COURAGE TO SAY

THAT.

AND A LOT OF COURAGE TO

STAND UP TO SAY, I STILL

STAND FOR TRADITIONAL

MARRIAGE.

I THINK CHURCHES HAVE TO

COME TO A CONCLUSION: ARE

YOU GOING TO BE ORTHODOX

IN YOUR CHRISTIANITY, OR

ARE YOU GOING TO GO WITH

THE CURRENT FLOW OF

WHATEVER CULTURAL CURRENT

IS OUT THERE, AND WHATEVER

POLITICAL CORRECT

STATEMENTS.

ARE YOU GOING TO BE

PRESSURED INTO THAT?

AND FUNDAMENTALLY, DO YOU

BELIEVE THE GOSPEL, AND

FUNDAMENTALLY TO YOU

BELIEVE AND FOLLOW THE

TEACHINGS OF THE APOSTLES?

IN THE EARLY CHURCH, THERE

WAS AN ABSOLUTE, AND THAT

ABSOLUTE HAD TO DO WITH

SEXUAL IMMORTALITY.

THAT WAS ONE OF THE FEW

THINGS CARRIED FORWARD

FROM THE LAW OF MOSES INTO

THE OBSERVANCE OF THE

CHURCH.

AND ARE WE GOING TO

CONTINUE IN THE TEACHINGS

OF THE APOSTLES?

Terry: YOU KNOW, ONE

OF THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT

WHAT HE SHARED SO CANDIDLY

IS WHERE HE SAYS, I AM NOT

IDENTIFIED BY MY ROMANTIC

OR SEXUAL ATTRACTION OR

INVOLVEMENT.

YOU KNOW, SO MANY TIMES

TODAY WE LABEL -- WE LABEL

OURSELVES, SOMETIMES, THAT

WAY.

AND I THINK WHEN YOU CAN

SEPARATE YOUR ACTION FROM

WHO YOU ARE AS A CHILD OF

GOD, IT CHANGES UP

EVERYTHING.

AND YOU CAN HEAR TRUTH IN

THAT, THEN.

Gordon: INSIDE A NEW

IDENTITY IN HIM.

Terry: THE ONE WHO

YOU WERE CREATED FOR.

Gordon: WE ARE ALL

CREATED FOR THIS, TO HAVE

A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE

LOVING GOD.

WHEN WE FIND THAT, WE FIND

OUR TRUE IDENTITY.

> LIKE MOST COUPLES,

ROYCE AND CARRIE YOUNG

COULDN'T WAIT FOR THEIR 19

19-WEEK ULTRASOUND, TO

FIND OUT IF THEIR BABY WAS

A BOY OR GIRL.

BUT INSTEAD, THEY WERE

SHOCKED WITH THESE WORDS

FROM THE DOCTOR: YOUR BABY

DOESN'T HAVE A BRAIN.

Terry: THEY WERE

GIVEN TWO OPTIONS, ABORT

THE BABY OR CARRY THE BABY

TO TERM.

Gordon: THEY ADMIT,

THEY QUESTIONED GOOD AND

THEIR PRO-LIFE BELIEFS,

BUT IN THE END, THEY CHOSE

LIFE, REALIZING THEIR

DAUGHTER'S SHORT LIFE WILL

POTENTIALLY SAVE DOZENS OF

OTHERS.

Terry: SINCE MAKING

THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO

DONATE THEIR BABY'S

ORGANS, THEY DECIDED TO

NAME THEIR DAUGHTER EVA,

MEANING LIFE.

THEY SAY SHE WILL DO MORE

IN HER 24 HOURS THAN WE

MAY EVER DO IN OUR LIVES.

AND TO BE ABLE TO REMEMBER

OUR DAUGHTER IN THAT WAY

IS PRETTY POWERFUL.

Gordon: THAT IS A

PRETTY POWERFUL STORY, AND

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE

SACRIFICE.

AND LET'S HONOR THEM.

Terry: AND HOW

REFRESHING.

MOST OF US HAVE A POSITION

ON LIFE, AND YET WHEN LIFE

HAPPENS, WE DON'T ALWAYS

STAND BY IT OR CONTINUE TO

TRUST GOD WITH IT.

AND IT'S JUST REFRESHING

TO SEE SOMEONE LIVING

OUT --

Gordon: LET'S LEAVE

OUT THE PRINCIPLES, EVEN

WHEN IT IS NOT CONVENIENT

TO LIVE OUT THE

PRINCIPLES.

EVEN WHEN IT COST.

GO LIFE.

> IN OTHER NEWS,

SPEAKING THE TRUTH MAY

SOON GET YOU ARRESTED IF

YOU'RE PRO-LIFE AND LIVING

IN FRANCE.

Terry: CBN'S DALE

HURD EXPOSES THE POTENTIAL

FALLOUT FROM A NEW LAW

THAT WILL LEAVE YOU

ASKING, WHAT IN THE WORLD

IS GOING ON IN FRANCE?

Reporter: THE FRENCH

PRO-LIFE MOVEMENT FACES

BEING CRIPPLED BY A

PROPOSED LAW THAT WOULD

CRIMINALIZE ANY WEBSITE

THAT TRIED TO PERSUADE A

WOMAN NOT TO HAVE AN

ABORTION.

ANYONE CONVICTED UNDER THE

SO-CALLED CRIME OF DIGITAL

INTERFERENCE LAW COULD GET

TWO YEARS IN PRISON AND A

$31,000 FINE.

WHILE IT HAS PASSED THE

SENATE AND NATIONAL

ASSEMBLY, IT IS NOT LAW

YET.

IT IS BEING REVIEWED BY

FRANCE'S HIGHEST LEGAL

BODY, THE CONSTITUTIONAL

COUNCIL.

THIS ISN'T THE UNITED

STATES, WHERE THE PRO-LIFE

MOVEMENT IS A MAJOR

POLITICAL FORCE.

IF PASSED, AS MANY EXPECT,

THE LAW WILL MAKE AN

ALREADY WEAK ANTI-ABORTION

MOVEMENT IN FAST EVEN

WEAKER.

JEAN-MARIE IS PRESIDENT OF

ONE OF FRANCE'S LEADING

PRO-LIFE ORGANIZATIONS.

Through Translator:

THIS NEW LAW IS EXTREMELY

DANGEROUS BECAUSE IT

LIMITS THE FREEDOM OF

EXPRESSION.

FIRST IT MEANS THAT THE

GOVERNMENT IS DECIDING

WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS

WRONG, WHAT WE CAN TELL

ABOUT ABORTION AND NOT.

Dale: THE LAW TARGETS

WORDS AND MESSAGES THAT

MIGHT DETER, DISSUADE, OR

HINDER WOMEN FROM HAVING

AN ABORTION.

Through Translator:

THIS LAW GOES PRETTY FAR.

SINCE THE MERE FACT OF

SAYING THE TRUTH COULD

DISCOURAGE A WOMAN FROM

HAVING AN ABORTION,

SHOWING WHAT ABORTION IS

IS TECHNICALLY A

DETERRENT.

Dale: WEBSITES LIKE

THESE WOULD BE ILLEGAL

UNDER THE NEW FRENCH LAW.

OPPONENTS OF THE PROPOSED

APPEAL TO FRANCE'S

CONSTITUTIONAL COUNCIL

BECAUSE THE LAW WOULD

RESTRICT FREEDOM OF

SPEECH.

WHILE THAT ARGUMENT WOULD

PROBABLY WORK IN THE

UNITED STATES, IT MAY NOT

WORK IN FRANCE.

WHERE PRO-LIFE FORCES LOST

THE ABORTION DEBATE LONG

AGO.

FRANCE LEGALIZED ABORTION

IN 1975, AND IS TODAY ONE

OF THE MOST PROABORTION

NATIONS IN EUROPE, WITH

MORE THAN TWO-THIRDS

SAYING IN ONE POLL THAT A

WOMAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO

HAVE AN ABORTION WHENEVER

SHE WANTS.

IN FRANCE, 96% OF DOWN

SYNDROME BABIES ARE

ABORTED.

LAST YEAR THE FRENCH

GOVERNMENT BANNED THIS AD

SHOWING SMILING, HAPPY,

DOWN SYNDROME CHILDREN.

*

Through Translator:

COCONSTRAINTS THAT WERE

HELPING THE LAW ON

ABORTION -- THIS MEANS

THAT ORGANIZATIONS SUCH AS

PLANNED PARENTHOOD, WHICH

IS PUBLICLY FUNDED, AND

THE GOVERNMENT HAS THE

MONOPOLY ON TELLING THE

TRUTH, BUT ARE IN FACT

TELLING LIES ABOUT

ABORTION.

Dale: DALE HURD, CBN

NEWS, PARIS.

Gordon: WELL, DON'T

THINK THAT THAT CAN'T COME

HERE.

I'VE BEEN WORRIED FOR A

LONG TIME THAT THIS TERM

"HATE SPEECH" IS GOING TO

BE USED TO DRIVE A WEDGE

BETWEEN OUR LIBERTIES AND

THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

DO WE REALLY HAVE FREEDOM

OF SPEECH HERE IN THE

UNITED STATES?

AND JUST THE CONDEMNATION

THAT IF YOU STAND UP FOR

LIFE, OR YOU STAND UP FOR

TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE, JUST

THAT SOCIAL CONDEMNATION

THAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO

HAVE.

AND PEOPLE ARE NOW LOSING

THEIR JOBS BECAUSE OF

THEIR BELIEFS.

THEY'RE BEING -- THEIR

BUSINESSES ARE BEING

THREATENED WITH SHUT DNSDOWNS

AND HEAVY FINES.

CAN YOU BE A JUDGE IN

AMERICA AND BELIEVE IN

TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE?

THESE THINGS ARE ALL HERE

AND NOW.

THESE ARE ALL REAL CASES.

AND SO DO WE REALLY HAVE

FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM

OF RELIGION, FREEDOM OF

CONSCIENCE?

AND HOW ARE ALL OF THESE

THINGS GOING TO BE TESTED

OVER THE COMING YEARS.

Terry: YEAH.

WELL, THAT WAS MY THOUGHT

AS YOU WERE SPEAKING, THE

TEST IS COMING.

Gordon: THE TEST IS

HERE.

Terry: YEAH.

BE PREPARED TO STAND

STRONG FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS,

FOR WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE

BELIEVE.

> UP NEXT, THE GIRL WHO

WAS TAUGHT "NEVER SAY

CAN'T," EVEN THOUGH SHE

WAS BORN WITHOUT LEGS.

INSTEAD OF COMING AT ME

WITH ALL OF THE REASONS

WHY I COULDN'T, THEY SAID,

OKAY, I KNOW YOU'RE GOING

TO FIGURE IT OUT.

Terry: HEAR HOW SHE

BECAME A CHAMPION GYMNAST

WHEN WE RETURN.

Terry: GYMNASTICS

RUNS IN HER VEINS, IN

FACT, HER SISTER WON AN

OLYMPIC GOLD.

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN

THINGS CAME EASILY TO JEN,

AND THAT'S BECAUSE JEN

BRICKER HAS NO LEGS, AND

YET HER BIGGEST STRUGGLE

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE

WAY SHE WAS BORN.

A SPIRITUAL WARRIOR,

PHYSICAL WARRIOR, ALL OVER

THE WORLD -- GOD MADE ME A

WARRIOR.

Reporter: JEN

BRICKER'S RISE AS A WORLD

CLASS AERIAL PERFORMER WAS

LIKE EVERY OTHER

ACCOMPLISHMENT IN HER

LIFE: SHE HAD TO FIGHT FOR

IT.

SHE WAS BORN WITHOUT LEGS.

BUT TO JEN, THAT'S JUST A

DETAIL.

I DON'T THINK OF, LIKE,

OH, MY IDENTITY IS BECAUSE

I DON'T HAVE LEGS.

NO, NOT REALLY.

IT'S JUST KIND OF A PART

OF ME, LIKE I HAVE DARK

HAIR OR I LIKE TO HAVE MY

NAILS DONE.

SO WHEN YOU'RE RAISED LIKE

THAT, YOU JUST DON'T THINK

OF IT AS SOME HUGE ISSUE

BECAUSE IT NEVER WAS.

Wendy: SHE WAS BORN

TO A ROMANIAN COUPLE WHO

GAVE HER UP FOR ADOPTION

AT BIRTH.

SHOORNSHARON AND GERALD BRICKER

FROM ILLINOIS ADOPTED HER

INTO THEIR FAMILY.

THEY TAUGHT JEN TO TACKLE

LIFE USING A SIMPLE RULE:

NEVER SAY CAN'T.

THEY RAISED ME WITH

THAT KIND OF STRENGTH.

IT IS A WARRIOR STRENGTH.

SO WHEN I CAME TO THEM AND

SAID, I WANT TO PLAY

SOFTBALL, BASKETBALL, I

EVEN WANT TO GO

ROLLERSKATEING, AND

INSTEAD OF THEM COMING AT

ME WITH NEGATIVITY AND

QUESTIONS AND ALL THE

REASONS WHY I COULDN'T,

THEY SAID, OKAY, I KNOW

YOU'RE GOING TO FIGURE IT

OUT.

Wendy: THEY GAVE HER

THE COURAGE TO PURSUE HER

DESIRES, GYMNASTICS.

AND SHE COMPETED ALONGSIDE

ABLE BODIED GIRLS.

IN HIGH SCHOOL, SHE EVEN

WON THE STATE

CHAMPIONSHIP.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, HER

PARENTS RAISED HER TO BE A

WOMAN AFTER GOD'S HEART.

I READ THE WORD EVERY

DAY AND I PRAY.

WHEN I STARTED DOING THAT

AND MAKING THAT A DAILY

PART OF MY LIFE, THAT

CHANGED MY LIFE.

EVERYTHING STEMS FROM

THAT.

Wendy: JEN WAS GOING

ON 16 WHEN SHE ASKED HER

PARENTS ABOUT HER

BIOLOGICAL FAMILY AND WHY

THEY HAD GIVEN HER UP FOR

ADOPTION.

THEY WERE POOR

IMMIGRANTS, AND THEY

ALREADY HAD ONE KID, AND

THEY DIDN'T KNOW IF I WAS

GOING TO NEED MEDICAL

CARE, AND I DIDN'T HAVE

LEGS.

MY PARENTS ARE, LIKE, IT

DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE

REASON WAS.

THIS IS THE WAY IT WAS

SUPPOSED TO BE.

YOU ARE ANSWERED PRAYER.

WE WANTED YOU AND YOU WERE

SUPPOSED TO BE WITH US.

Wendy: AND SHE

DISCOVERED THAT DOMINIQUE,

AN OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALLIST,

WAS HER SISTER.

I WATCHED HER ON TV,

AND I KNEW SHE WAS

ROMANIAN AND I'M ROMANIAN,

AND WE LOOKED ALIKE, AND

THEN I FOUND OUT SHE WAS

MY BIOLOGICAL SISTER.

Wendy: SHE REACHED

OUT TO HER AND BEGAN

BUILDING A RELATIONSHIP

WITH HER BIOLOGICAL

FAMILY.

HER FATHER PASSED AWAY

BEFORE THEY COULD MEET.

BUT SHE LEARNED HE DROVE

THE DECISION TO GIVE HER

UP FOR ADOPTION.

THE THING I DIDN'T KNOW

AND I DID LEARN WHEN I MET

MY BIOLOGICAL MOTHER, SHE

WASN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO

HOLD ME AFTER I WAS BORN.

AND IT WAS A REALLY DARK

AND SAD TIME FOR HER IN

HER LIFE.

AND IT'S SOMETHING THAT

SHE IS STILL GETTING OVER.

Reporter: AFTER HIGH

SCHOOL, JEN DID AN

INTERNSHIP AT DISNEY

WORLD.

IT WAS THEN SHE DECIDED TO

PURSUE A CAREER AT AN

ACROBATIC PERFORMER.

IT WAS A FIGHT FROM THE

START.

I'M A NEWBIE, I'M NOT

AN AERIALIST.

I'M NOT AN ACROBAT.

NO ONE LIKE ME HAD EVER

BEEN AN ACROBAT AND

AERIALIST.

SO NOBODY WANTED TO HIRE

ME.

EVERYBODY WAS AFRAID HOW

THE AUDIENCE WOULD REACT.

Wendy: THE ONE PERSON

WHO DID BELIEVE IN HER WAS

HER PARTNER, NATE

CRAWFORD.

THEY PRESSED ON AND SOON

STARTED BOOKING GIGS.

AND THEN IN 2009, THEY GOT

THEIR BIG BREAK,

PERFORMING WITH BRITNEY

SPEARS ON HER WORLD TOUR.

WE WERE A FEATURED ACT

ON THE HIGHEST GROSSING

TOUR IN THE WORLD.

WHEN WE WERE ON, EVERYBODY

WAS WATCHING US.

I HAD A CHOICE TO EITHER

TOTALLY SUCCEED OR FAIL

MISERABLY.

THEY WERE NOT AFRAID TO

FIRE ANYBODY.

THE PRESSURE WAS

UNBELIEVABLE.

Wendy: THE TOUR WAS A

SUCCESS, BUT AFTERWARDS

JEN WOULD FACE ONE OF THE

TOUGHEST BATTLES IN HER

LIFE.

BACK INTO TRAINING, SHE

STARTED OBSESSING ABOUT

HER WEIGHT AND APPEARANCE.

SHE CONSTANTLY LOOKED IN

THE MIRRORS, UNABLE TO

CONTROL THE THOUGHTS THAT

TOLD HER SHE WAS UGLY.

IT DIDN'T MATTER IF

EVERYBODY IN THE WHOLE

ENTIRE WORLD WOULD HAVE

TOLD ME THAT I WAS

BEAUTIFUL.

THAT WASN'T THE POINT.

THE POINT WAS WHAT WAS

GOING ON IN MY OWN HEAD.

MY QUALITY OF LIFE WAS SO

LOW.

I JUST WAS NOT WHO I WAS,

AND I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO

GET OUT.

Wendy: JEN REALIZED

SHE NEEDED TO TAKE ACTION

WHEN A CLOSE FRIEND ASKED

HER ABOUT HER DRASTIC

WEIGHT LOSS.

LENT WAS APPROACHING, SO

SHE DECIDED TO COVER UP

HER MIRROR WITH A COAL COLLAGE

OF PICTURES OF FAMILY AND

FRIENDS AND SEEK GOD FOR

HELP.

THE MOST AMAZING THING

HAPPENED.

WHEN I DID IT, I REALIZED

THERE WAS SO MUCH JOY AND

EXCITEMENT AND HAPPINESS

COMING BACK FROM THE

MIRROR.

NO ONE COULD GET ME OUT OF

THAT.

ONLY GOD.

AND LITERALLY REPEATING

SCRIPTURES OUT LOUD

MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY,

CHOOSING JOY WHEN I DID

NOT WANT TO BE JOYFUL.

CHOOSING THAT I WAS GOING

TO OVERCOME THAT DAY AND

IT WAS NOT GOING TO

OVERCOME ME.

CHOOSING TO LOVE MYSELF

WHEN I FELT SO FAT, EVEN

THOUGH I WAS SO SMALL.

I LEARNED SO MUCH FROM

THAT, AND I CAME OUT A

WARRIOR.

Wendy: JEN PERFORMS

HER ACT ALL OVER THE

WORLD.

AND SHE IS ALSO A

MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER, AND

RECENTLY RELEASED HER

AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

GOD TOTALLY PROTECTED

ME FROM SO MANY THINGS TO

GIVE ME THAT STRENGTH AND

THAT BACKBONE THAT I NEED

TODAY.

AND THAT IS NOT SOMETHING

YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU SAY

WARRIOR, BUT THAT IS

ABSOLUTELY A WARRIOR

TRAIT.

IT IS A SPIRITUAL WARRIOR

AND ALLOWING GOD TO SHINE

THROUGH ME WITH HIS LOVE.

Terry: STRENGTH AND

BACKBONE AND A CONFIDENCE

IN WHO SHE IS IN CHRIST.

I LOVE HER ATTITUDE IN ALL

OF THIS.

Gordon: YOU CAN'T

HELP BUT LOVE THE ATTITUDE

AND THE STRENGTH OF SPIRIT

BEHIND THAT, TO SAY I'M

GOING TO OVERCOME.

I'M NOT GOING TO LET THIS

OVERCOME ME.

Terry: AND YET THE

HONESTY THAT ALSO SAYS,

HEY, IT WAS A PROCESS

GETTING HERE.

THIS DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN

OVERNIGHT.

I WASN'T JUST BORN A

WARRIOR.

I WORKED MY WAY THROUGH

SOME DIFFICULT TIMES.

WHAT HONESTY, WHAT

INTEGRITY, AND WHAT A

MESSAGE.

Gordon: AND THE SENSE

THAT SHE IS NOT DONE.

SHE IS STILL WORKING

THROUGH IT.

WHICH IS A GOOD MESSAGE

FOR ALL OF US, NO MATTER

WHERE WE ARE IN LIFE,

THAT, YES, YOU'VE GOT TO

PERSEVERE.

Terry: AND CHOOSE

JOY, EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T

FEEL LIKE IT.

THAT'S USUALLY WHEN YOU

NEED IT THE MOST.

Gordon: CHOOSE IT.

RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE, AND

JOY, THAT'S WHAT GOD WANTS

FOR ALL OF US.

> UP NEXT, A BOY WHO WAS

JUST PLAYING WITH HIS

FRIENDS, AND THEN HE GETS

SOCKED IN THE FACE BY AN

OLDER MAN.

HE SAW A GANG OF KIDS.

AND THE NEXT THING I KNOW

IS THIS HUGE GUY PICKED ME

UP AND HIT ME SQUARE

ACROSS THE JAW.

Gordon: THAT ONE

MOMENT LED TO A LIFETIME

OF PAIN.

FIND OUT WHAT CURED IT

ONCE AND FOR ALL, UP NEXT.

Gordon: BOYS WILL BE

BOYS.

GET A GROUP OF THEM

TOGETHER, AND MISCHIEF IS

ALL BUT GUARANTEED.

FOR LARRY PIERSON, THAT

MISCHIEF WITH HIS FRIENDS

LEFT HIM IN PAIN FOR MORE

THAN 60 YEARS.

Reporter: FOR MORE

THAN 60 YEARS, LARRY

PIERSON LIVED WITH PAIN IN

HIS JAW.

IT STARTED WHEN HE WAS 10

YEARS OLD.

SO WE'RE HAVING A

SNOWBALL FIGHT, AND ONE OF

THE FELLOWS, UNBE UNBEKNOWNST

TO ME, HAD THE IDEA TO

THROW AN ICEBALL THE AT A

CAR.

THE ICEBALL HIT THE GUY IN

THE FACE, AND HE ALMOST

CRASHED.

SO HE CAME RUNNING UP.

HE SAW A GANG OF KIDS.

AND THEY ALL SCATTERED

ACCEPT ONE.

AND THE NEXT THING I KNOW

IS THIS HUGE GUY PICKED ME

UP AND HIT ME SQUARE

ACROSS THE JAW.

Reporter: LARRY NEVER

TOLD HIS PARENTS BECAUSE

HE WAS AFRAID HE WOULD GET

IN TROUBLE.

IN THE YEARS THAT

FOLLOWED, HIS JAW WOULD

CONSTANTLY POP OUT OF

PLACE AND HURT WHEN HE

ATE.

THE PAIN WAS VERY

SHARP.

IT GOT YOUR ATTENTION,

BELIEVE ME.

I HAD TO BE VERY CAREFUL

HOW I ATE OR HOW I YAWNED.

I USED TO HAVE TO YAWN

LIKE THIS, KEEP MY MOUTH

CLOSED.

I COULDN'T DO A NORMAL

YAWN.

IT WOULD POP EVERY TIME I

DID THAT.

Reporter: IN 2015,

WHILE BEING FITTED FOR

DENTURES, LARRY FOUND OUT

HIS JAW HAD BEEN BROKEN

WHERE THE MAN HIT HIM AS A

CHILD.

I FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT.

I JUST ASSUMED ALL THESE

YEARS IT WAS A PROBLEM

WITH MY WISDOM TEETH.

WHEN I GOT MY TEETH OUT

FOR THE DENTURES, IT

REALLY STARTED SHOWING UP

BECAUSE WHEN I WENT TO

SLEEP AT NIGHT, MY JAW

WOULD KIND OF CLENCH UP.

I'D WAKE UP IN A LOT OF

PAIN.

Reporter: LARRY TOOK

TYLENOL TO EASE HIS

DISCOMFORT, AND FOR A TIME

PRAYED FOR HEALING.

THE THOUGHT CAME TO ME,

AND I BELIEVE IT IS FROM

JOB, IT IS NOT MY JOB TO

PRAY FOR MYSELF.

IT IS TO PRAY FOR OTHER

PEOPLE.

IN FACT, WHEN I WATCH "THE

700 CLUB," WHEN YOU'RE

OFFERING PRAYER FOR

PEOPLE, THAT'S WHAT I

WOULD DO.

Reporter: WHICH IS

WHAT LARRY WAS DOING ONE

MORNING IN 2016.

Gordon: AND LET'S

PRAY.

LORD, WE COME TOGETHER,

AND WE COME TOGETHER IN

UNITY.

I WAS PRAYING WITH

THEM, AND I THINK IT WAS

TERRY WHO HAD A WORD OF

KNOWLEDGE.

Terry: THERE IS

SOMEONE ELSE, YOU HAVE A

PROBLEM WITH YOUR JAW.

IT IS OUT OF ALIGNMENT,

AND GOD IS HEALING THAT.

AND I THOUGHT, WELL,

GEE, THAT'S NICE BECAUSE I

KNEW WHAT PAIN IN THE JAW

WAS.

I KEPT PRAYING FOR THAT

PERSON.

Reporter: LATER THAT

DAY WHILE EATING A SNACK,

LARRY REALIZED THAT HE WAS

THAT PERSON.

IT FEELS PRETTY GOOD,

YOU KNOW.

AND THEN I TRIED OPENING

MY MOUTH AND WIGGLING IT

AROUND, AND THE PAIN IS

GONE.

THE LORD HEALED ME.

Reporter: AFTER 63

YEARS, LARRY WAS FINALLY

PAIN-FREE, AND HAS BEEN

EVER SINCE.

I GUESS IN GOD'S GOOD

TIME, THINGS CAME TOGETHER

JUST RIGHT.

AND HE JUST LET ME KNOW

THAT HE'S THERE.

HE'S ALWAYS THERE.

Gordon: IN GOD'S GOOD

TIME.

LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU

RIGHT NOW.

REALIZE TODAY IS THE DAY

OF SALVATION.

TODAY IS THE DAY OF

MIRACLES.

AND IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.

LET'S PRAY.

LORD, WE JUST LIFT ALL OF

THOSE IN THE AUDIENCE

RIGHT NOW WHO HAVE ANY

PAIN AT ALL IN THEIR

BODIES.

AND WE JUST CLAIM OVER

THEM THAT YOU HAVE BORNE

AWAY OUR PAIN.

YOU HAVE TAKEN AWAY OUR

INFIRMITIES.

AND IF YOU HAVE TAKEN

THEM, WE DON'T HAVE TO

HAVE THEM ANY LONGER.

DELIVER YOUR PEOPLE NOW,

LORD GOD, FOR ALL PAIN,

ALL ILLNESS, ALL SICKNESS

NOW.

IN JESUS' NAME.

AMEN.

AND AMEN.

IF YOU NEED PRAYER, WE'RE

HERE FOR YOU.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PICK

UP THE PHONE AND CALL US.

AND WE BELIEVE IN

PREVAILING PRAYER, SO IT

IS ANY TIME OF DAY, DAY OR

NIGHT, WE'RE HERE FOR YOU.

1-800-700-7000.

> HERE IS A WORD FOR YOU

FROM COLOSSIANS 3: "SET

YOUR MINDS ON THINGS

ABOVE, NOT ON EARTHLY

THINGS."

FOR TERRY, FOR ME, FOR ALL

OF US HERE, GOD BLESS YOU.

WE'LL SEE YOU AGAIN.

EMBED THIS VIDEO


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network