The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

700 Club Interactive - June 1, 2017

Dr. Michael Roizen, co-author of the new book” Age-Proof” will discuss the link between health and wealth; how someone can add years to their life while adding dollars to their bank account. Read Transcript


Andrew: HE HAD THE

PRAISE OF FANS.

BEING ABLE TO THROW THE

WAS I WAS THROWING WAS SO

MUCH FUN.

I FELT THAT I WOULD ALWAYS

BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE

WORLD.

Andrew: BUT IT

COULDN'T LAST FOREVER.

GOD, I DON'T KNOW HOW

TO GET OFF THIS.

I NEED SOME HELP HERE.

Andrew: WE SHARE GLEN

WILSON'S STORY ON TODAY'S

"700 CLUB INTERACTIVE."

WELL, GOOD MORNING, AND

WELCOME TO THE SHOW.

WE ALL WANT TO LIVE LONG

AND STRONG, WITH AS MUCH

HEALTH AND WEALTH AS

POSSIBLE.

AND HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN

DO TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

> PEOPLE AROUND THE

WORLD ARE ENJOYING LONGER

LIVES THAN EVER BEFORE.

BUT AS THEY AGE, MANY ARE

PLAGUED WITH ILLNESS,

UNCERTAINTY, AND FINANCIAL

STRAIN.

DR. MICHAEL ROIZEN IS ONE

OF THE MOST WELL-KNOWN AND

RESPECTED DOCTORS IN

AMERICA.

HE SAYS OUR LIFESTYLE

CHOICES AND BEHAVIORS

DICTATE OUR HEALTH AND

STRENGTHS AS WE GROW

OLDER.

IN HIS NEWEST BOOK,

"AGE-PROOF," HE SHOWS US

HOW TO LIVE LONGER WITHOUT

RUNNING OUT OF MONEY.

> DR. ROIZEN JOINS US

NOW.

WELCOME TO "700 CLUB

INTERACTIVE."

THANK YOU, ANDREW.

IT IS GREAT TO BE HERE.

Andrew: HEALTH AND

WEALTH, YOU SAY WE NEED TO

TRY TO SHAPE UP IN BOTH

CALT-GOERS ACATEGORIES AT THE SAME

TIME.

WELL, THEY'RE VERY

RELATED.

CAN YOU HAVE HEALTH

WITHOUT WEALTH, MAYBE WHEN

YOU'RE YOUNG, BUT IT TAKES

SOME MONEY AS YOU GET

OLDER, TO BE ABLE TO STAY

HEALTHY.

AND WEALTH WITHOUT HEALTH,

IT'S NOT GOING TO LAST

BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO

HAVE TO SPEND IT ON YOUR

HEALTH, IF YOU WILL.

SO THEY'RE VERY

INTER-RELATED.

AND WHAT HAPPENED, CHASKI

AND I WERE DOING A PILOT

FOR A TV SHOW, AND WE

FAILED.

IT WAS CALLED "THE

EXPERTS."

Andrew: I THOUGHT IT

WAS GREAT.

ME, TOO.

> SHE WAS THE FINANCIAL

EXPERT, AND I WAS THE

HEALTH EXPERT, AND THERE

WAS A FASHION EXPERT AND A

LEGAL EXPERT, ETC.

AND SHE AND I STARTED TO

LEARN SO MUCH FROM EACH

OTHER DURING THE THE

PILOT -- YOU KNOW, IT IS

ONLY THREE DAYS, BUT WE

LEARNED AN AWFUL LOT.

SHE CALLED ABOUT TWO WEEKS

LATER AND SAID, LET'S DO A

BOOK TOGETHER.

BECAUSE THE SAME CHOICES

YOU MAKE IN HEALTH AND IN

WEALTH KEEP YOU HEALTHY

AND WEALTHY.

Andrew: SO IT'S NOT A

FAILURE BECAUSE NOW YOU

HAVE THIS GREAT BOOK.

DO SOME PEOPLE THINK THIS

IS A LITTLE OVERWHELMING

TO ME, TO FOCUS ON MY

HEALTH AND CHECKBOOK AT

THE SAME TIME.

IT'S A LITTLE

OVERWHELMING.

THAT'S RIGHT.

SE YOU CAN DO THINGS IN

SMALL STEPS AND BUILD.

SO SHE HAS A FEELING,

DON'T DIET WHILE YOU'RE

CORRECTING YOUR CREDIT

CARD DEBT.

AND DON'T CORRECT YOUR

CREDIT CARD DEBT WHILE

YOU'RE DIETING.

IN FACT, THE SAME

BEHAVIORS, THAT IS FIRST

ASSESSING WHAT YOU'RE

DOING, AND AUTOMATING IT

SO THE CHANGES YOU MAKE

ARE THE SAME FOR BOTH.

Andrew: BOTH IN OUR

FINANCES AND OUR HEALTH,

ISN'T SOMETIMES THE

ASSESSMENT ONE OF THE

HARDEST PARTS, FACING THE

REALITIES?

RIGHT.

WE DON'T WANT TO LOOK IN

THE MIRROR.

WE STICK OUR HEADS IN THE

SAND AND WE HOPE THAT

EVERYTHING IS GOING TO

COME OUT OKAY BOTH FOR OUR

HEALTH AND OUR WEALTH.

AND, IN FACT, THAT'S

ABSOLUTELY THE WRONG

BEHAVIOR BECAUSE THE MOST

IMPORTANT THINGS WE WANT

AS WE GET OLDER ARE OUR

HEALTH AND OUR WEALTH.

AND WITH JUST A LITTLE BIT

OF CHANGE EARLIER ON, ON

EVEN LATER ON -- AND

THAT'S THE GREAT NEWS, YOU

CAN MAKE UP FOR LOST

TIME -- IS JUST A LITTLE

BIT OF CHANGE AND GETTING

A LITTLE HELP, YOU CAN BE

BOTH HEALTHY AND WEALTHY

AS YOU GET OLDER.

Andrew: WITH OUR

HEALTH, IS THE BOOK AN

ATTEMPT TO SLOW DOWN THE

AGING PROCESS, STOP THE

AGING PROCESS?

WHAT'S THE GOAL?

THE GOAL IS TO SLOW

DOWN THE AGING PROCESS AS

MUCH AS POSSIBLE, AND TO

MAKE IT SO THAT YOU THRIVE

AS YOU GET OLDER.

BUT IN FACT, THERE IS A

LOT OF DATA -- AND WE PUT

SOME OF IT IN THE BOOK --

A LOT OF DATA ON HOW WE

MAY BE ABLE TO REALLY

RADICALLY CHANGE THAT BY

REGENERATING BOTH STEM

CELLS AND THOSE STEM

CELLS, IN FACT, CAUSING US

TO BE ABLE TO REGENERATE

ORGANS AS THOUGH THEY WERE

MUCH YOUNGER.

SO FOR US TO GET VIBRANT.

WHAT WE KNOW NOW, YOU CAN

REALLY SLOW DOWN THE AGING

PROCESS AND BE VIBRANT

MUCH LONGER.

Andrew: WE WANT TO

TALK ABOUT SOME GOALS.

WHEN I'M A GRANDFATHER, I

WANT TO BE ABLE TO BE OUT

PLAYING WITH MY GRANDKIDS

RUNNING AROUND, ETC.

WHAT DO WE HAVE FOR SOME

GOALS TO SET?

THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD

DO.

THE FIRST THING YOU DO IS

ASSESS YOURSELF AND SAY,

WHERE AM I?

SO I BROUGHT THE GRIP

STRENGTH METER HERE.

Andrew: DO YOU ALWAYS

CARRY THAT AROUND WITH

YOU?

I DON'T, BUT WHEN I'M

ON "THE 700 CLUB," YOU

HAVE TO HAVE FUN THINGS TO

DO.

WHEN THIS GETS TO ZERO,

I'M GOING TO HAVE YOU

SQUEEZE IT AND SEE HOW

HARD YOU CAN DO.

SQUEEZE AS HARD AS YOU

CAN.

HARDER, HARDER, HARDER.

YOU KILLED THE WOMEN ON

THE SHOW EARLIER.

Andrew: DID I DO

PRETTY WELL?

YOU DID SENSATIONAL.

Andrew: SENSATIONAL?

I HAVEN'T BEEN CALLED THAT

IN A LONG TIME.

> WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

FOR MY HELP?

THE GRIP METER MEANS

YOU'RE GOING TO DIE

SOON -- THIS SHOWS THAT

YOUR MUSCLE STRENGTH IN

YOUR GRIP, WHICH IS A KEY

COMPONENT -- WE DON'T KNOW

WHY IT IS SUCH A KEY

COMPONENT IN HOW LONG

YOU'RE GOING TO LIVE -- IT

SHOWS THAT YOU HAVE A LOT

MORE YEARS LEFT.

Andrew: EXCELLENT

NEWS.

NOW THIS ONE, THIS IS

THE WAIST TEST.

THIS IS AN ASSESSMENT

AROUND YOUR WAIST.

Andrew: I'M ABOUT A

36 -- I DON'T KNOW IF THAT

HELPS.

I'M PROBABLY NOT GOING TO

STAND UP AND PUT THAT

AROUND MY WAIST --

YOU'RE NOT.

TRY IT.

AT YOUR BELLY BUTTON WITH

YOU SUCKING IN.

Andrew: I CAN SUCK

IN?

YES, YOU CAN.

PUT IT UNDERNEATH THE

JACKET.

THAT'S A LITTLE LOW FOR

YOUR BELLY BUTTON.

IT'S GOTTEN TOO BIG HERE.

CAN YOU SEE IT?

WE DIDN' Andrew: WE DIDN'T

REHEARSE, THAT'S THE

PROBLEM.

I'VE GOT A VERSION OF

THAT THAT IS EVEN MORE

FLEXIBLE.

PUT THIS ON.

Andrew: YOU KNOW

THEY'RE LAUGHING AT ME

BACK THERE IN THE CONTROL

ROOM.

THAT'S OKAY.

BUT IT AT YOUR BELLY

BUTTON AND NOW TURN

AROUND -- NO, THE OTHER

WAY.

KEEP TURNING.

ALL THE WAY.

OKAY, SUCK IN.

YOU'RE A 34.

Andrew: OKAY.

IT TOOK TWO MINUTES TO

FIND OUT I'M A 34.

FOR GUYS, AGING DOESN'T

HAPPEN UNTIL THEY GET MORE

THAN 37.

IT SHOULD BE HALF YOUR

HEIGHT.

SO SIX FEET IS 72 INCHES,

SO IT SHOULD BE 36 OR LESS

FOR IDEAL, AND YOU'RE 34.

Andrew: I'M DOING

OKAY.

I HAD SOME TROUBLE TURNING

AROUND, BUT THE NUMBER WAS

OKAY.

AND WE'VE GOT BLOOD

PRESSURE.

Andrew: I'M ON BLOOD

PRESSURE MEDICINE.

BLOOD PRESSURE IS A

VERY IMPORTANT THING.

WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE

YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE HERE.

Andrew: IT WOULD TAKE

AN HOUR, WOULDN'T IT?

NO, IT'S A FAST DEVICE.

BUT THE POINT IS THAT

THERE ARE SELF-TESTS IN

THE BOOK FOR BOTH YOUR

FINANCES AND YOUR HEALTH

THAT ALLOW YOU TO ASSESS

WHERE YOU ARE.

SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE

TO DO.

Andrew: HOW IMPORTANT

IS STRESS REGARDING YOUR

HEALTH?

STRESS IS THE GREATEST

AGER, AND FINANCIAL STRESS

IS THE GREATEST STRESS WE

HAVE.

OF THE 13 MAJOR LIFE

STRESSES, EIGHT OF THEM,

BANKRUPTCY, LARGE DEALT,

TAKING ON A NEW MORTGAGE,

BEING FORCED TO MOVE TO A

NEW CITY, GETTING MARRIED

MARRIED -- ALL OF THE

MAJOR THINGS THAT OCCUR IN

YOUR LIFE ARE THE MAJOR

STRESSES WE HAVE.

FIRST THING, ASSESS WHERE

YOU ARE.

AND SECOND, FIGURE OUT HOW

TO DO IT AUTOMATICALLY.

SO PUTTING MONEY IN A 401K

AUTOMATICALLY --

Andrew: SO YOU DON'T

HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THINGS

ONCE YOU MADE THE

DECISION.

RIGHT.

AND THE THIRD THING IS

LEARN TO MANAGE STRESS.

BECAUSE IT IS SO IMPORTANT

FROM GETTING RID OF

FINANCIAL STRESS AND

MANAGING YOUR HEALTH.

Andrew: WHAT ABOUT

MILLENNIALS, THAT AGE

GROUP THAT ARE WATCHING

AND THEY SAY, I DON'T NEED

TO WORRY ABOUT THIS STUFF

NOW.

WELL, THE EARLIER YOU

START, THE EASIER IT IS.

FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU START

WHEN YOU'RE 25, SAVING

MONEY, WITH YOUR FIRST

JOB, IT COMPOUNDS OVER

YOUR LIFE SPAN, SO IT

MAKES IT MUCH, MUCH

EASIER.

NOW, THE FED HAS DONE US A

DISADVANTAGE IN MAKING IT

SO THAT YOU CAN'T JUST PUT

MONEY IN A SAVINGS BANK.

YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE SOME

EXPERT.

AND THAT'S ANOTHER THING.

ALTHOUGH YOUR FINANCES AND

YOUR MEDICINE WE CONSIDER

PRIVATE, MEANING THEY ARE

THINGS WE LIKE TO KEEP TO

OURSELVES, YOU WANT

BUDDIES, YOU WANT EXPERTS,

WHO KNOW HOW TO DO IT SO

YOU CAN COMPOUND MONEY.

Andrew: THIS BOOK IS

A GREAT PLACE TO START.

IT IS CALLED "AGE-PROOF."

AND IT IS A NEW YORK

BEST-SELLER.

AND IT SHOULD GET MORE

AFTER WE CAME HERE TODAY.

Andrew: THANK YOU FOR

JOINING US.

THANK YOU.

Andrew: COMING UP,

THE ALL-STAR OUTFIELDER

THAT STRUCK OUT.

THE DOCTORS HANDED ME A

BOTTLE OF PAINKILLERS AND

SAID, YOU NEED TO BE ON

THESE THE REST OF YOUR

LIFE.

I NEVER DID DRUGS IN MY

LIFE.

Andrew: HE IS GLEN

WILSON, AND HE SQUARES OFF

AGAINST HIS GREATEST

ADVERSARY WHEN WE COME

BACK.

Andrew: HE WAS THE

PHILADELPHIA PHILLY'S

OUTFIELDER NAMED GLENBO,

BECAUSE HE HAD A MACHINE

GUN FOR A RIGHT ARM.

HE LOVED THE ROAR OF THE

CROWD, BUT HE ALSO

EVENTUALLY LOVED SOMETHING

ELSE: PRESCRIPTION

PAINKILLERS.

HE HAD A FLARE FOR THE

DRAMATIC, AND THE FANS

LOVED HIM FOR IT.

[APPLAUSE]

THERE WAS NO DOUBT.

I TELL PEOPLE ALL OF THE

TIME, THE ONLY REASON I

PLAYED MAJOR LEAGUE

BASEBALL WAS I JUST WANTED

ATTENTION.

Andrew: HE IS BEST

KNOWN FOR HIS REMARKABLE

PLAYS FROM RIGHT FIELD.

I FELT THAT I WOULD

ALWAYS BE ONE OF THE BEST

IN THE WORLD.

Andrew: AT TIMES HE

WAS ALSO CALLED UPON TO

PITCH.

HAVING THAT ARM AND

BEING ABLE TO THROW THE

WAY I WAS THROWING WAS SO

MUCH FUN, SO MUCH

EXCITEMENT THAT I COULD

FEEL THE FANS --

ESPECIALLY IN

PHILADELPHIA -- THEIR

EXCITEMENT OF SEEING ME

THROW.

[APPLAUSE]

[CHEERING]

IT BECAME SUCH A GAME

FOR ME INSIDE THE GAME.

Andrew: GLEN'S WIFE,

KIM, REMEMBERS LIFE IN THE

BIG LEAGUES DIFFERENTLY.

CHALLENGING.

VERY CHALLENGING.

YOU KNOW, GLEN WAS SO

PASSIONATE ABOUT BASEBALL,

AND I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO

BE A GREAT JOURNEY, BUT IT

IS LONELINESS, EMPTINESS.

THEY'RE GONE ALL OF THE

TIME.

AND WE HAVE THREE BOYS,

BUT TWO OF THEM I RAISED

WHILE HE WAS STILL

PLAYING.

Andrew: THERE WAS

SOMETHING ELSE THAT

BOTHERED KIM: GLEN'S

CONFESSED FAITH AS A

CHRISTIAN WAS ONE BASED ON

CONVENIENCE.

I WAS THAT GUY THAT

ACCEPTED CHRIST AT AGE 16.

AND I USED CHRIST TO MY

ADVANTAGE.

I THOUGHT YOU ACCEPT JESUS

CHRIST AS LORD AND SAVIOR.

GO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT,

AND COME BACK AND ASK FOR

FORGIVENESS.

Andrew: GLEN LIVED

THAT WAY FOR YEARS.

HIS CAREER WAS CLOUDED

WITH ARGUMENTS WITH

MANAGERS IN THE FRONT

OFFICE.

THEN IN 1993, WHEN GLEN

SUFFERED A BACK INJURY,

DUE TO YEARS OF WEAR AND

TEAR, HE KNEW IT WAS TIME

TO RETIRE.

THE DAY I WALKED OUT OF

BASEBALL, DOCTORS HANDED

ME A BOTTLE OF PAINKILLERS

AND SAID, YOU NEED TO BE

ON THESE THE REST OF YOUR

LIFE.

AND I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT

THEM.

I NEVER DID DRUGS IN MY

LIFE.

Andrew: WITH NO

UNDERSTANDING OF THE

DANGERS OF PAINKILLERS,

GLEN STARTED TAKING

VICODIN DAILY.

GRADUALLY HE BECAME

ADDICTED.

THE EFFECTS WERE SUBTLE.

HIS BEHAVIOR WAS ERRATIC

AND AT TIMES HE WAS

IRRATIONAL.

IT GOT TO WHERE I

DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO GO OUT

IN THE PUBLIC.

THE ADDICTION STARTED TO

MAKE ME REALIZE THAT I

PROBABLY DON'T NEED TO BE

IN PUBLIC.

Reporter: BY THE END

OF 15 YEARS, GLEN WAS

TAKING UPWARDS OF 12 VIC

DIN 12VICODIN A DAY.

THEN ONE DAY THEY REALIZED

GLEN WAS ADDICTED.

I GOT PETRIFIED.

I WENT TO MY DOCTOR THE

NEXT DAY AND I CHEWED HIS

BUTT OUT.

I SAID, I'M NOT A DRUG

ADDICT.

IF I GO TO GET OFF OF

THIS, HERE IS WHAT IS

GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME.

AND I ASKED HIM, THOUGH,

ONE QUESTION AFTER I

VOICED MY FRUSTRATION.

I SAID, HAVE YOU EVER HAD

ANYBODY JUST QUIT?

AND HE SAID YEAH.

Andrew: GLEN KNEW HE

WOULD NEED HELP TO

OVERCOME THE ADDICTION, SO

HE WENT HOME AND CRIED OUT

TO GOD.

THIS TIME GLEN MEANT IT.

I SAID, GOD, I DON'T

KNOW HOW TO GET OFF THESE

PILLS, AND I DON'T KNOW

ANYTHING BUT BASEBALL.

I NEED SOME HELP MERE.

HERE.

SO I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU

ME AND YOU DO WHAT YOU

WANT.

AND LO AND BEHOLD, I DID

NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS ASKING

FOR.

BECAUSE IT BECAME A

JOURNEY AND A RIDE THAT

I'M STILL RIDING TODAY.

Andrew: THAT DAY GLEN

SURRENDERED HIS LIFE TO

JESUS CHRIST AND FOUND THE

STRENGTH TO END HIS

ADDICTION.

MAN, IT'S REALLY

SIMPLE.

SEEK YEE FIRST THE

KINGDOM, AND ALL THINGS

SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU --

IS WHAT I LIVED BY.

SEEK YEE FIRST THE

KINGDOM -- WHAT DOES THAT

MEAN?

SEEK YEE FIRST THE

KINGDOM.

WELL, IT MEANS WHEN YOU

GET UP IN THE MORNING,

START LOOKING FOR GOD.

BECAUSE I GUARANTEE UH-HUH

IYOU HEIS GOING TO SHOW UP.

Andrew: KIM SAYS HER

PRAYERS HAVE BEEN

ANSWERED.

AMAZING.

HUMBLING.

AND HE LOVES HIS FAMILY.

HE LOVES HIS CHILDREN.

HE IS KIND.

YOU KNOW, HIS JOURNEY HAS

JUST BEEN ABOVE AND

BEYOND.

SHE HAS BEEN A VERY

PATIENT WOMAN BECAUSE

WE'RE ON OUR 33rd YEAR

OF MARRIAGE, WITH THREE

WONDERFUL SONS.

A WONDERFUL

DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AND NOW

WE'RE GRANDPARENTS TO THE

MOST GORGEOUS LITTLE GIRL

I'VE EVER SEEN.

Andrew: IT HAS BEEN

YEARS SINCE GLEN WAS IN

THE SPOTLIGHT, IMPRESSING

THE BASEBALL WORLD WITH

HIS TREMENDOUS RIGHT ARM.

HE IS OKAY WITH THAT

BECAUSE HE NO LONGER NEEDS

THE ATTENTION.

HE IS COMFORTABLE WITH WHO

HE IS IN CHRIST.

WHEN YOU ACCEPT JESUS

CHRIST AS LORD AND SAVIOR,

CHRIST COMES TO LIVE

INSIDE OF YOU, AND YOU'RE

A NEW CREATION.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE

EXCEPT EVERYTHING IF YOU

DON'T TRY GOD OVER THAT

ADDICTION.

Andrew: I HAD A

WONDERFUL DAY WITH GLEN,

INTERVIEWING HIM, AND HE

IS SUCH A GREAT GUY.

PERHAPS YOU'RE LIKE ME AND

YOU'RE STRUCK BY THE FACT

OF THE SIMPLICITY OF HIS

PRAYER.

HE SAID, GOD, ALL I KNOW

IS BASEBALL, AND NOW I'M

IN TROUBLE.

HE SAID, I NEED SOME HELP

HERE.

AND, LORD, I'M GOING TO

TURN IT OVER TO YOU, AND

YOU TAKE MY LIFE.

AND YOU SAW GLEN'S

REACTION THERE AS TO WHAT

GOD DID FOR GLEN.

IT BLEW HIM AWAY.

HIS ADDICTION, THE BONDAGE

TO ADDICTION WAS BROKEN.

BECAUSE GLEN DIDN'T LEAN

ON HIS OWN UNDERSTANDING.

HE TRUSTED IN THE LORD

WITH HIS WHOLE HEART.

HE DID NOT LEAN ON HIS OWN

UNDERSTANDING.

HE ACKNOWLEDGED THE LORD,

AND THE LORD DIRECTED HIS

PATH.

PROVERBS 3, 5, AND 6.

SOMETIMES WE TRY TO USE

OUR OWN SMARTS OR SAVVY TO

GET OUT OF A SITUATION,

WHEN WHAT WE REALLY NEED

IS THE RESCUE OF JESUS

CHRIST AND THE WISDOM OF

GOD.

AND A SIMPLE PRAYER FROM

GLEN WILSON TO THE LORD,

ACKNOWLEDGING HIS NEED FOR

GOD, RESULTED IN A CHANGED

LIFE.

AND IF YOU'RE IN A PLACE

IN YOUR LIFE WHERE YOU

SAY, JUST LIKE GLEN, LORD,

I'M IN TROUBLE HERE, AND I

NEED YOU, THE LORD WILL

RESPOND.

LET'S DO THAT NOW.

IF YOU'RE IN THAT

SITUATION.

WE CAN TURN IT OVER TO

HIM.

FATHER GOD, YOU KNOW MY

NEED.

YOU KNOW THE CONDITION OF

MY LIFE, YOU KNOW THE

CONDITION OF MY HEART.

YOU KNOW MY SIN PROBLEM

BECAUSE I'M FLESH AND

BONES AND I SIN.

AND, FATHER, JUST LIKE

GLEN WILSON DID, I'M

ASKING YOU TO TAKE THIS

WRECKED LIFE, THE THINGS

I'VE CREATED IN MY

CIRCUMSTANCES, LORD, AND

FIRST I ASK YOU TO CHANGE

MY HEART BECAUSE I KNOW

THAT'S WHAT IS DEAREST TO

YOU, FATHER.

CHANGE MY HEART.

AND AS MY CIRCUMSTANCES

BEGIN TO CHANGE AND YOU

LIGHT MY PATH, FATHER GOD,

I PRAY THAT I SEE

REVELATION FROM THE HOLY

SPIRIT OF YOUR LOVE FOR

ME, FATHER.

I GIVE MY LIFE TO YOU ON

THIS DAY IN THE NAME OF

JESUS.

AMEN.

AND IF YOU'D LIKE SOMEONE

TO PRAY WITH YOU MORE

ABOUT YOUR SPECIFIC

SITUATION, WE WOULD LOVE

TO PRAY WITH YOU.

YOU CAN CALL US AT

1-800-700-7000.

> WELL, SHE IS THE

AUSTRALIAN PASTOR WHO SEES

MIRACLES HAPPEN WHEREVER

SHE GOES.

AND CATHERINE SAYS ALL OF

US CAN LIVE IN THE

MIRACULOUS, TOO.

HI, I'M KATHRYN.

CATHERINE.

THE BIBLE SAYS IN HEBREWS

13: 8 THAT JESUS CHRIST IS

THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY

AND FOREVER.

AND TODAY HE IS STILL

DOING MIRACLES.

I'VE SEEN A LITTLE

6-YEAR-OLD GIRL,

COMPLETELY PROFOUNDLY

DEAF, GETTING HER HEARING

FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME AS

THE SPIRIT OF JESUS

TOUCHED HER.

A LADY CAME FOR PRAYER WHO

HAD LEUKEMIA.

SHE SAID SHE FELT THE HOLY

SPIRIT MOVE THROUGH HER

LIKE A WIND.

WHEN SHE WENT BACK TO THE

DOCTOR A FEW DAYS LATER,

THEY DISCOVERED HE HAD

COMPLETELY NORMAL BLOOD.

THERE WAS NO TRACE OF

CANCER IN HER SYSTEM.

ONE LADY WE PRAYED FOR HAD

A 6-INCH TUMOR WRAPPED

AROUND HER PANCREAS, AND

THE HOLY SPIRIT TOUCHED

HER AND DELIVERED HER.

JESUS WANTED US TO

UNDERSTAND HOW GOOD THE

FATHER IS, AND THAT'S WHY

HE DID SO MANY MIRACLES

AND WHAT HE IS DOING THESE

THINGS TODAY.

JESUS COMPLAIN EXPLAINS WHAT THE

FATHER IS LIKE WHEN HE

SHARED THE PARABLE OF THE

PRODIGAL SON.

THAT MAN CAME HOME AFTER

DOING ALL OF THE THINGS

THAT JEWISH BOYS SHOULDN'T

DO.

TO HIS SURPRISE, THE

FATHER RAN TO HIM, WRAPPED

HIS ARMED AROUND HIM,

KISSED HIM AND EMBRACED

HIM, AND RESTORED

EVERYTHING TO HIM.

THIS KIND OF LOVE IS NOT

HUMAN.

IT IS SUPERNATURAL, AND IT

IS THE LOVE THAT GOD HAS

FOR US TODAY.

EVERY TIME YOU COME TO HIM

IN FAITH, THE FATHER IS

RUNNING TO YOU TO WRAP HIS

ARMS AROUND YOU AND TO

LOVE YOU.

JESUS CAME AND HE

SACRIFICED HIS LIFE.

HE DIED AND HE ROSE AGAIN

SO THAT IF YOU'LL COME TO

HIM WITH YOUR SIN, WITH

YOUR SHAME, AND EXCHANGE

IT IN FAITH FOR HIS MERCY

AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, YOU

CAN BE IN RELATIONSHIP

WITH GOD BECAUSE THAT'S

HIS HIGHEST DESIRE, THAT

YOU WOULD KNOW HIM AND

EXPERIENCE HIM GREAT LOVE

FOR YOU.

RESPOND TO THE SAVIOR

TODAY.

HE IS WAITING FOR YOU.

Andrew: AMEN,

CATHERINE.

WE CAN SEE THE LOVE OF

JESUS IN YOUR EYES.

AND CHECK OUT LUKE 15, AND

THAT'S THE STORY SHE WAS

SPEAKING ABOUT, AS WE SEE

THE LOVE GOD HAS FOR US.

IT IS A WONDERFUL REMINDER

OF THE LOVE GOD HAS FOR

US.

> COMING UP, A MAN

SUFFERS EXCRUCIATING PAIN

AFTER CANCER SURGERY.

FROM THE DAY I LEFT THE

HOSPITAL, I HAD SHARP

PAINS, BURNING SPASMS.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT A CHARLIE

HORSE FEELS LIKE IN YOUR

LEG, IMAGINE THAT DEEP

INSIDE YOUR CHEST.

AND THEY WOULD GO ON FOR

THREE TO FIVE MINUTES.

Andrew: WOW.

WE'RE GOING TO SEE HOW

THIS MAN'S PAIN VANISHED

IN AN INSTANT.

THAT'S WHEN WE COME BACK.

Andrew: JOSEPH MARKS

HAD CANCER ONCE ALREADY,

AND THEN IT RETURNED A

SECOND TIME WITH A

VENGEANCE.

THE RADICAL SURGERY

REQUIRED LEFT HIM IN

TREMENDOUS PAIN AND AT THE

LOWEST POINT OF HIS LIFE.

JOSEPH MARKS IS A RETIRED

NAVY MAN, HUSBAND, AND

FATHER.

IN 2013, HE WAS DIAGNOSED

WITH ESOPHAGEAL CANCER AND

SUCCESSFULLY TREATED WITH

CHEMO AND RADIATION.

BUT WHEN THE TUMOR

RETURNED TWO YEARS LATER,

SURGERY WAS THE ONLY

OPTION.

THIS WAS DEVASTATING TO

ME.

IT ATTACKS YOUR FAITH IN A

WAY I NEVER IMAGINED.

NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE TO

GO THROUGH THE SURGERY.

THIS THING COULD KILL ME

THIS TIME.

IT IS A MORE ADVANCED

CANCER.

Andrew: THE TOW TUMOR WAS

REMOVED, BUT WHEN

COMPLICATIONS HAPPENED,

THE SOLUTION WAS TO TRY TO

IMPLANT A STINT IN HIS

ESOPHAGUS.

FROM THE DAY I LEFT THE

HOSPITAL, I HAD DEEP

PAINS.

ITHESE MUSCLES WERE BEING

EXPANDED.

AND THE NERVES ARE

DAMAGED.

AND IT WAS THE MOST

EXCRUCIATING PAIN IN MY

LIFE.

Andrew: JOSEPH WAS

BEDRIDDEN AND UNABLE TO

EAT.

I CAN'T EVEN BRING

MYSELF TO FEED MYSELF.

EVERY TWO TO THREE MINUTES

I'M GOING INTO A SPASM.

AND I'M, LIKE, THERE IS

NOTHING I CAN DO.

I HAVE TO GUT THIS THING

OUT.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN

DISPAIR IN MY LIFE, BUT

THIS WAS PROBABL PROBABLY THE

LOWEST POINT OF MY ENTIRE

LIFE.

Andrew: ONE MORNING

JOSEPH TURNED ON THE

TELEVISION AND BEGAN

WATCHING "THE 700 CLUB."

I'M DESPERATE.

AND I NEED SOMEBODY TO

PRAY FOR ME.

NOW, I'M ON MY KNEES, I'VE

GOT MY HANDS OUT, AND I'M

JUST, LIKE, LORD, PLEASE

HEAR MY CRY.

AND THERE IS PAT.

AND HE GOES, THERE IS

SOMEBODY WHO HAS, LIKE,

TUMORS IN YOUR EF SOF GUS.

ESOPHAGUS.

Pat: YOU'VE GOT,

LIKE, TUMORS IN YOUR

ESOPHAGUS.

WHEN HE SAID THAT, I

SAID, THERE IS THE ANSWER

TO MY PRAYER.

GOD IS ANSWERING IT.

IT IS JUST HAPPENING SO

QUICK.

Pat: RIGHT NOW GOD

WILL -- IT WILL FEEL LIKE

A HOT BREATH OF AIR IS

JUST BURNING THROUGH YOUR

ESOPHAGUS, AND GOD IS

HEALING YOU RIGHT NOW.

I FELT WARM ALL OVER MY

BODY, NOT JUST IN HERE.

I FELT THE PRESENCE OF THE

HOLY SPIRIT COME UPON ME.

AND I WAS JUST WEEPING AND

WEEPING LIKE I HAVEN'T

WEPT, I THINK, EVER.

BUT IT WAS JOY.

IT WAS A MOMENT OF

DELIVERANCE.

AND WHEN HE GOT DONE, THE

PAIN WAS GONE.

THAT WAS IT.

NO MORE SPASMS.

Andrew: JOSEPH HAS

BEEN PAIN-FREE EVER SINCE.

THE STINT WAS REMOVED, AND

10 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY,

THERE IS NO SIGN OF

CANCER.

HE HAS RETURNED TO HIS

ACTIVE LIFESTYLE WITH A

GRATEFUL HEART AND A

NEWFOUND PEACE.

I SEE HOW GOD HAS DONE

SOME THINGS IN MY HEART.

AND THAT'S WHAT I'VE

LEARNED, THAT -- THE

HEBREW WORD IS SHALOM, AND

THAT'S PEACE IN YOUR LIFE

AND A DEEPNESS OF

UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR

WELL-BEING, WHERE YOUR

STANDING IS WITH THE LORD.

I DON'T HAVE CANCER.

I'M FEELING BETTER.

I START SEEING SOME FUTURE

TO MY LIFE AGAIN.

HOW MUCH MORE BLESSED CAN

YOU BE?

Andrew: HE SAID, I

WAS DESPERATE AND I NEEDED

SOMEONE TO PRAY WITH ME.

IT IS MY PRIVILEGE TO DO

THAT FOR YOU NOW.

WHATEVER YOUR CRISIS IS,

WHATEVER YOUR MEDICAL NEED

IS, WHATEVER YOUR FEAR IS,

FOR ALL THOSE WATCHING, WE

CAN PRAY TOGETHER AND LIFT

EACH OTHER UP.

LET'S DO THAT NOW.

FATHER GOD, WE ARE SO

GRATEFUL WE CAN COME

BEFORE YOU, THAT WE HAVE

ACCESS TO YOU, LORD,

THROUGH YOUR SON JESUS

CHRIST.

IT IS IN HIS NAME WE PRAY.

IT IS IN HIS NAME, THE

NAME OF JESUS, THAT WE

SEEK HEALING.

FATHER, WE'RE TIRED OF

CANCER, WE'RE TIRED OF

ENDURING CANCER, WE'RE

TIRED OF OUR LOVED ONES

HAVING CANCER AND FACING

IT SOMETIMES AGAIN AND

AGAIN.

RIGHT NOW IN JESUS' NAME,

WE REBUKE CANCER CELLS IN

JESUS' NAME.

FOR ALL OF THOSE WATCHING

WHO HAVE CANCER RIGHT NOW,

FATHER GOD, WE BELIEVE IN

YOUR HEALING POWER.

WE REBUKE THE ENEMY.

WE REBUKE CANCER NOW IN

JESUS' NAME.

BY YOUR STRIPES WE ARE

HEALED.

WE TRUST YOU, JESUS.

AND WE LOVE YOU.

AND WE TAKE AUTHORITY OVER

SICKNESS AND ILLNESS AND

DISEASE IN THE NAME OF

JESUS CHRIST.

BECAUSE, LORD, YOU'VE

GIVEN US AUTHORITY BECAUSE

OF THE WORK OF JESUS ON

THE CROSS AND HIS

RESURRECTION POWER.

AND WE DECLARE HEALING AND

VICTORY NOW IN JESUS'

PRECIOUS NAME.

AMEN.

I WANT TO REMIND YOU TO

CONTINUE TO CALL IF YOU

NEED PRAYER:

1-800-700-7000.

WE LEAVE YOU WITH

PHILIPPIANS 1: 6: "HE WHO

BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU

WILL COMPLETE

EMBED THIS VIDEO


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network