The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

700 Club Interactive - July 4, 2017

Author Tom Doyle will discuss how Middle Eastern Christians fear God more than they fear terrorists like ISIS. Read Transcript


Gordon: THE

CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST...

WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT

OR NOT, IF THE

RESURRECTION DIDN'T

HAPPEN, CHRISTIANITY IS

FALSE, GO TO THE NEXT ONE.

> WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE

RESURRECTION, I EVIDENCE, IT

IS PRETTY REMARKABLE HOW

STRONG IT IS, AND THAT'S

WHY IT IS AT THE CORE OF

CHRISTIANITY.

Gordon: THAT AND MORE

ON TODAY "700 CLUB

INTERACTIVE."

> WELL, WELCOME TO THE

SHOW.

THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE IN

HIS FIRST LETTER TO THE

CORINTHIANS, "IF CHRIST

HAS NOT BEEN RAISED, OUR

PREACHING IS USELESS AND

SO IS YOUR FAITH."

THE RESURRECTION IS THE

LYNCHPIN ON WHICH THE

CHRISTIAN FAITH DEPENDS.

CBN REPORTER PAUL STRAND

SET OUT TO INVESTIGATE THE

RELIABILITY OF CHRIST'S

RESURRECTION.

Reporter: TO BELIEVE

THE EVENTS AROUND THE

FIRST EASTER, YOU PRETTY

MUCH HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT

JESUS CHRIST DID EXIST AND

THAT THE NEW TESTAMENT CAN

BE TRUSTED.

BIBLICAL SCHOLAR JONATHAN

MARROW.

WE HAVE FAR MORE

SOURCES FOR JESUS OF

NAZARETH THAN MANY OTHER

HISTORICAL FIGURES.

WE HAVE AT LEAST 18, 12

ARE NON-CHRISTIAN SOURCES.

Reporter: AS FOR THE

NEW TESTAMENT, DALLAS

THEOLOGY'S CEMETERY DARYL

BOSS SAYS THE BIBLE HAS

FAR MORE PAGES THAN ANY

OTHER BOOK FROM ANTIQUITY.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

5800 ANCIENT MAN SCRIPTS,

AND MOST BOOKS WE WORK

WITH HAVE, MAYBE AT BEST,

A DOZEN MANUSCRIPTS.

Reporter: MARROW SAYS

EVERYTHING HANGS ON

WHETHER JESUS CHRIS JESUS CHRIST ROSE

FROM THE DEAD.

PAUL SAYS, YOU CAN TEST

THIS.

IF THE RESURRECTION DIDN'T

HAPPEN, CHRISTIANITY IS

FALSE, GO TO THE NEXT

RELIGION.

Reporter: BUT

CHRISTIAN EXPERTS SAY TO

DISMISS THE RESURRECTION,

ANY THEORY YOU COME UP HAS

TO EXPLAIN THREE FACTS:

THAT THERE WAS AN EMPTY

TOMB THREE DAYS AFTER

JESUS' BODY HAD BEEN

PLACED IN IT.

IT APPEARED IN HUNDREDS OF

PLACES FOR SEVEN WEEKS

AFTER HIS CRUCIFIXION.

AND SOMETHING HUGE

HAPPENED TO TURN ALL OF

THE DISCIPLES INTO BOLD

BELIEVERS CLAIMING THE

RISEN MESSIAH THAT THEY

WERE WILLING TO BE

TORTURED AND DIED FOR.

AP APOLOGISTS LIKE DARYL

BOSS HERE IN DALLAS, POINT

OUT IT IS EASIER TO

BELIEVE IN THE

RESURRECTION THAN ITS

ALTERNATIVES.

SOME SUGGEST THAT THE

FEMALE DISCIPLES WHO FOUND

THE TOMB MAY HAVE JUST HAD

THE WRONG TOMB.

BUT CERTAINLY JOSEPH OF

ARAMATHEA, WHO OWNED THE

TOMB WHERE JESUS WAS,

WOULD HAVE QUICKLY

CORRECTED.

Reporter: A LEADING

BIBLICAL APOLOGIST, JOSH

McDOWELL, SAID THEY KNEW

THIS.

IN THE RESURRECTION,

WHERE WAS THE HARDEST

PLACE TO CONVINCE ANYONE

IT WAS TRUE IF IT WAS

FALSE: JERUSALEM.

A 15 MINUTE WALK BY ANYONE

COULD CONFIRM THE

EMPTINESS OF THE TOMB.

Reporter: MATTHEW

POINTS OUT THAT THE JEWISH

PEOPLE BRIBED THE GUARDS

TO SAY H THEY HAD FALLEN

ASLEEP, AND THE BOOE BODY WAS

STOLEN.

> IF THEY KNEW IT, YOU

WOULD HAVE TO SAY HERE

WHERE THESE MEN WHO NOT

ONLY DIED FOR A LIE, BUT

THEY KNEW IT WAS A LIE.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND IN

THE HISTORY THAT THAT IS

TRUE.

IT'S NOT.

YOU DON'T DIE KNOWINGLY

FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU

KNOW YOU MADE UP.

YOU WOULD BACK OFF.

AND THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN

EITHER.

Reporter: THESE AND

OTHER EXPERTS SAY IN TRUTH

IT TAKES SOMETHING AS

RADICAL AS JESUS'

RESURRECTION TO SO

COMPLETELY TRANSFORM

COWARDLY PETER, WHO WAS SO

SCARED BEFORE THE

CRUCIFIXION HE SWORE HE

DIDN'T EVEN KNOW PETER.

YOU SEE PETER GOING

FROM COWARD TO THIS

COURAGEOUS CHAMPION.

AND HE IS SAYING, LOOK,

HERE I STAND.

THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING.

Reporter: MARROW

POINTS OUT JESUS' BROTHER,

JAMES, WAS ALSO INSTANTLY

CHANGED.

JAMES, THE BROTHER OF

JESUS, DIDN'T FOLLOW JESUS

DURING HIS EARTHLY

MINISTRY.

Reporter: JAMES

THOUGHT HE WAS

EMBARRASSING THE FAMILY,

EVERYTHING.

> AND THEN JESUS

APPEARED TO HIM IN JAMES'

OWN WORD AND HE BECAME THE

LEADER OF JERUSALEM.

AND JAMES BECOMES AN

EARLY LEADER IN THE CHURCH

AND WAS PERSECUTED AND

EVENTUALLY KILLED FOR THAT

BELIEF.

Reporter: AND AP

APOLOGISTS SAY IT COULD

ONLY BE A RESURRECTED

JESUS SHOWING UP THAT

COULD CHANGE EVERYTHING.

SO IF TARSUS WAS

ANYTHING BUT A FOLLOWER IN

JESUS, HE WENT FROM CITY

TO CITY CASTING HIS VOTE

TO HAVE HIM EXECUTED, BUT

IN HIS OWN WORDS, CHRIST

APPEARED TO HIM.

THE MAIN THING IS TO

EXPLAIN HOW SOMEONE LIKE A

SAUL, WHO BECOMES PAUL,

EXISTS.

HE WAS ADAMANTLY

OPPOSED TO THIS, AND THEN

HE BECAME A CHRISTIAN.

WHAT ACCOUNTS FOR THAT?

HE WENT FROM A

CHRISTIAN-HATER TO A

CHRISTIAN-LOVER.

SOMETHING HAPPENED IN

PAUL'S LIFE THAT I HAVE

NEVER FOUND ANY OTHER

EXPLANATION THAT EVEN

COMES CLOSE TO SATISFYING

ME EXCEPT THAT JESUS

APPEARED TO PAUL AFTER THE

RESURRECTION.

Reporter: THE FIRST

CENTURY JEWS BELIEVED

WOMEN WERE SECOND-CLASS

CITIZENS, SO IF THE

DISCIPLES WERE LYING ABOUT

THE RESURRECTION, THEY

MADE THEIR STORY ALL THE

HARDER TO ACCEPT BY

PUTTING WOMEN AT THE

FOREFRONT.

MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE AND

JOHN, ALSO RECOUNT JESUS'

WOMEN FOLLOWERS FINDING

THE EMPTY TOMB.

IN THE FIRST CENTURY, WHEN

A WOMAN'S TESTIMONY WOULD

HAVE BEEN THE LEVEL JUST

ABOUT A SLAVE, THAT IS

WOULD NOT BE THE BEST WAY

FORWARD.

YOU WOULD NEVER MAKE UP

A STORY THAT WAY.

SO THE REASON THE STORY IS

THIS WAY, BECAUSE IT MUST

BE GROUNDED IN WHAT

HAPPENED.

Reporter: SAYING THAT

THE DISCIPLES LIED ABOUT

JESUS' RESURRECTION

DOESN'T EXPLAIN HIS

APPEARANCE BEFORE 500

PEOPLE.

IT SUGGESTED DOUBTERS GO

TALK TO HIM.

YOU HAVE LIVING

HISTORY, THE PEOPLE WHO

WERE THERE, TO CROSS-CHECK

WHATEVER MESSAGE IS THERE.

YOU'VE GOT THIS IDEA THERE

ARE WITNESSES.

GO INVESTIGATE THEM.

IT HAS ALL OF THE RING

OF TRUTH AND NOT THE RING

OF THE CONSPIRACY THEORY.

A LOT OF PEOPLE THEN

SAY, WELL, THE APPEARANCES

OF JESUS WERE

HALLUCINATIONS.

500 PEOPLE AT ONE TIME?

Reporter: BUT NO TWO

PEOPLE EVER HAD THE SAY

HALLUCINATION.

WOULD 500 PEOPLE HAVE

THE SAME HALLUCINATION,

PAUL WOULD BE 500 MIRACLES

EQUAL TO THE RESURRECTION.

Reporter: BUT MARROW

SAYS TO ACCEPT THE

RESURRECTION, YOU DO HAVE

TO BELIEVE IN GOD.

IF IT IS AT LEAST GOD

EXISTS, THEN MIRACLES

BECOME POSSIBLE.

WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE

RESURRECTION EVIDENCE, IT

IS PRETTY REMARKABLE HOW

STRONG IT IS, AND THAT'S

WHY IT IS AT THE CORE OF

CHRISTIANITY.

BUT IT IS NOT A

BLIND-FAITH KIND OF THING.

CHRISTIANS DON'T BELIEVE

THAT JESUS ROSE FROM THE

DEAD BECAUSE THE BIBLE

SAYS SO.

THEY BELIEVE HE ROSE FROM

THE DEAD BECAUSE THAT'S

WHAT THE EARLIEST AND BEST

HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS SHOW.

Reporter: PAUL

STRAND, CBN NEWS.

Gordon: WELL, THERE

IS ANOTHER ONE: CHRISTIANS

BELIEVE HE ROSE FROM THE

DEAD BECAUSE OF WHAT HE

HAS DONE FOR US

INDIVIDUALLY.

IT'S OUR TESTIMONY.

WE GET TO BE WITNESSES OF

HIM AS TO WHAT HE HAS DONE

FOR US.

YOU KNOW, YOU LOOK AT

MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, AND

JOHN, AND THEY ALL HAVE A

GOSPEL.

WELL, YOU AND I CAN HAVE A

GOSPEL.

THE GOOD NEWS OF WHAT

JESUS HAS DONE FOR US.

AND THE PROOF OF THE

RESURRECTION IS THAT, THAT

HE IS STILL ALIVE.

HE IS THE SAME YESTERDAY,

TODAY, AND FOREVER.

AND IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS

ABOUT IT, JUST BRING YOUR

DOUBTS TO HIM.

IT'S A VERY SIMPLE PRAYER.

JESUS, IF YOU'RE REAL,

COULD YOU SHOW ME?

COULD YOU SHOW UP FOR ME.

COULD YOU BE MESSIAH FOR

ME.

AND IF YOU PRAY THAT WITH

ALL OF YOUR HEART, HERE'S

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS: "IF

YOU SEEK ME WITH ALL OF

YOUR HEART, THEN YOU'LL

FIND ME."

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN

EVIDENCE.

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN

GOSPEL.

IT'S ONLY A PRAYER AWAY.

> WELL, UP NEXT,

CHRISTIANS IN THE MIDDLE

EAST ARE SUFFERING.

BUT YOU'LL BE ENCOURAGED

BY THE STORIES OF THOSE

WHO ARE STANDING STRONG.

STANDING IN THE FIRE

AUTHOR TOM DOYLE JOINS US

NEXT.

Gordon: THE MIDDLE

EAST IS A VOLATILE WAR

ZONE.

IT'S ALSO A PLACE WHERE

GOD'S CHURCH IS GROWING

AND STANDING STRONG.

TAKE A LOOK.

Reporter: GLOBAL

TERRORISM IS AT AN

ALL-TIME HIGH.

MILLIONS OF MIDDLE EAST

CHRISTIANS EXPERIENCE

BRUTAL PERSECUTION FOR

THEIR FAITH EVERY DAY.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE WHOLE

STORY.

IN THE MIDST OF THE CHAOS

CAUSED BY ISIS AND OTHER

JIHADISTS FACTIONS, A

GROWING NUMBER OF FEARLESS

FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST

ARE RISKING THEIR OWN

LIVES TO SHARE THE GOSPEL.

SOME OF THESE COURAGEOUS

CHRISTIANS ARE FORMER

MUSLIMS, AND SOME WERE

ONCE TERRORISTS.

FORMER PASTOR AND MIDDLE

EAST MISSIONARY TOM DOYLE

TELLS THEIR AMAZING TRUE

STORIES IN A NEW BOOK,

"STANDING IN THE FIRE:

COURAGEOUS CHRISTIANS

LIVING IN FRIGHTENING

TIMES."

Gordon: WELL, TOM

DOYLE IS HERE WITH US.

TOM, WELCOME.

IT IS GREAT TO BE WITH

YOU, THANKS, GORDON.

Gordon: ALL OF THE

NEWS SOURCES ARE SAYING

CHRISTIANITY IS DYING AND

THE MIDDLE EAST, THE PLACE

OF ITS BIRTH --

RIGHT.

Gordon: AND ANCIENT

CHRISTIAN COMMUNITIES, THE

CHALDEAN CHURCH, ALL BEING

WIPED OUT.

BUT YOU'RE SAYING THERE IS

SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON?

THERE REALLY IS.

YOU CAN SAY THERE IS A

MASS EXODUS IN THE MIDDLE

EAST, BUT THEY COULD NEVER

ACCOUNT FOR THE MUSLIMS

WHO ARE STAYING.

IRAN IS THE FASTEST

GROWING CHURCH PER CAPITA

IN THE WORLD.

WHEN WE THINK OF IRAN, WE

THINK OF THE NEWS --

Gordon: WHERE ARE YOU

GETTING THAT FACT BECAUSE

THAT'S AN AMAZING FACT?

OP PIRATIO OPERATION ENCYCLOPEDIA

RANKED IRAN THE FAST

GROWING CHURCHES.

THE AYATOLLAH CAME IN AND

SAID, WE'RE GOING TO CRUSH

THE CHURCH, IN '79, AND IT

BECAME THE ISLAMIC

REPUBLIC OF IRAN.

SO WHO IS GOING TO WIN ON

THAT?

IT HASN'T HAPPENED.

IN FACT, WE KNOW OF AT

LEAST TWO MILLION

BELIEVERS IN IRAN TODAY.

SOME SAY THERE COULD BE AS

MANY AS THREE-OR FOUR, AND

I DON'T KNOW THAT.

THE UNDERGROUND CHURCH IS

GROWING AND FAST AND

THEY'RE FRUSTRATED WITH

ISLAM, AND THEY'RE

EMBRACING JESUS.

Gordon: WHICH IS

WONDERFUL.

IT IS AWESOME.

Gordon: WHAT IS IT

LIKE FOR A BELIEVER IN

IRAN?

THEIR NEIGHBORS COULD

BE TURNING THEM IN.

THEY NEVER KNOW WHAT

THEY'RE GOING TO

EXPERIENCE.

HOW LONG THEY'LL BE ABLE

TO WALK WITH CHRIST

WITHOUT GETTING A TICKET

TO EVAN PRISON.

MANY OF THE CHURCHES MEET

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE

NIGHT, THE UNDERGROUND

CHURCHES.

WE HAVE A FRIEND THAT

PASTORS SEVEN CHURCHES,

GORDON, ONE EVERY NIGHT OF

THE WEEK.

THEY MEET FROM MIDNIGHT TO

3:00.

THESE PEOPLE HAVE REAL

JOBS.

THEY MEET IN THE MIDDLE OF

THE NIGHT.

IT IS THE ONLY TIME WHEN

IT IS SAFE.

AND THEY NEVER MEET AT THE

SAME PLACE TWICE.

THEY HAVE NO LUXURY OF

SAYING, HEY, THIS WHERE

WHERE WE'RE MEETING.

THEY FACE PRISON.

THEY FACE DEATH.

I THINK WHAT IS SO SPECIAL

ABOUT THEM IS IT IS JUST

IN THEIR D.N.A. THAT

THEY'RE WILLING TO BE

PERSECUTED WHEN THEY COME

TO FAITH IN CHRIST.

MANY THAT LEAD MUSLIMS TO

CHRIST IN THE MIDDLE EAST

WILL ASK THEM THOSE TWO

QUESTIONS BEFORE THEY PRAY

TO RECEIVE CHRIST: ARE YOU

WILLING TO SUFFER FOR

JESUS?

IF THEY ANSWER YES, EN: THEN:

ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR

JESUS CHRIST?

Gordon: MOST OF THE

BELIEVERS ARE WHAT WE CALL

MUSLIM BACKGROUND

BELIEVERS.

THE ANCIENT CHURCH

TRADITIONS ARE BEING

PERSECUTED AWAY AND ARE

REFUGEES NOW.

RIGHT.

Gordon: SO THE

CHRISTIANS THAT ARE

ARRIVINAREARISING AND THE CHRISTIANS

THAT ARE STAYING ARE ALL

OF MUSLIM BACKGROUND.

THAT'S RIGHT.

Gordon: HOW ARE THEY

COMING TO FAITH IN JESUS?

BECAUSE YOU WOULD THINK

THEY WOULD REJECT IT --

ABSOLUTELY.

I THINK ISLAM IS BEING

SHOWN FOR WHAT IT REALLY

IS, AND THEY'RE REJECTING

IT.

WE'VE BEEN TO THE GREAT

MOSQUE OF DAMASCUS, AND

THERE ARE NOT MANY YOUNG

PEOPLE.

THEY'RE IN THE MALLS

LISTENING TO THEIR MUSIC.

MANY ARE REJECTING IT AND

SEEING ISLAM FOR WHAT IT

IS.

AND I THINK THERE IS THE

SPECTACULAR.

JESUS IS COMING TO THEM IN

DREAMS AND VISIONS.

WE HEAR ABOUT THAT ON A

DAILY BASIS FROM OUR

LEADERS IN THE MIDDLE

EAST.

AND I THINK THIRD, THEY'RE

SEEING THE LOVE AND THE

JOY THAT THE BELIEVERS

HAVE, THE CHRISTIANS.

ONE SYRIAN REFUGEE FAMILY

SAID, GORDON, REALLY THE

ONLY PEOPLE THAT LOVED US

IN SYRIA WERE THE BIBLE

PEOPLE.

THE BIBLE PEOPLE DIDN'T

WANT ANYTHING.

THEY DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE

OUR KIDS.

THEY DIDN'T WANT TO HURT

US.

WE JUST DRIFTED TOWARDS

THEM, AND THEY WANTED TO

HELP FEED US.

AND THEY SOON CAME TO

FAITH IN CHRIST.

Gordon: WELL, YEAH,

AND THAT'S AN ONGOING

MIRACLE.

IT REALLY IS.

IT IS THE MOST DANGEROUS

PLACE IN THE WORLD.

THAT IS WHERE RELIGION,

POLITICS, AND HISTORY

COLLIDE.

THAT'S WHY I'M THANKFUL

FOR ALL OF YOU HERE,

SORTING THAT OUT FOR US

EACH DAY.

BUT, YEAH, MUSLIMS ARE

COMING TO FAITH IN CHRIST,

AND THEY'RE WILLING TO DIE

FOR JESUS.

WOW.

Gordon: WHAT WOULD

YOU TELL CHRISTIANS IN THE

WEST?

NUMBER ONE, HOW CAN WE

HELP THE PERSECUTED

CHRISTIANS?

PAUL SAID, IF ONE OF US

SUFFERS, WE ALL SUFFER.

WE HAVE A Facebook PAGE,

AND WHEN PEOPLE GET ON

THAT AND LIKE IT, THEY GET

UPDATES FROM THE FRONT

LINES IN REAL TIMES, WHEN

THERE ARE SITUATIONS IN

THE ISLAMIC STATES

SURROUNDING CHRISTIANS OR

SOMETHING HAPPENS IN IRAQ.

AND THEN WE PRAY.

WE SET OUR WATCHES AND OUR

PHONES, 8:38 p.m., EVERY

TIME IT GOES OFF AT NIGHT,

WE PRAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE

IN PRISON, PERSECUTED, AND

IN DANGER.

THERE ARE MANY CHRISTIANS

CELEBRATING IN PRISON FOR

JESUS THROUGHOUT THE

MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH

KOREA.

Gordon: LET'S TALK

ABOUT YOUR BOOK, "STANDING

IN THE FIRE."

THEY DON'T WANT TO LEAVE,

WHY?

THEY BELIEVE THEY GOT

CALLED THERE TO STAY, THAT

THERE IS A MISSION FOR

THEM TO COMPLETE.

THAT THERE CAN'T BE A

EXODUS OF BELIEVERS THERE.

AND WHAT BETTER WAY FOR

THEM TO REACH THEIR

COUNTRY THAN TO STAY AND

REACH OUT WITH THE LOVE OF

CHRIST.

FROM THOSE WHO COME FROM

AN ISLAMIC STATE

BACKGROUND.

JABAD al-NUSRA, THERE IS

A LEADER FROM THAT GROUP

THAT STAYED THERE.

OF COURSE, HE IS A MARKED

MAN, A WANTED MAN, BUT HE

SAYS, AS LONG AS I LIVE,

I'M GOING TO BE TELLING

PEOPLE ABOUT JESUS.

A WOMAN MARRIED TO A

MUSLIM IMAM, HAS COME TO

FAITH IN CHRIST.

AND YOU WOULD THINK THE

FIRST THING THEY WOULD DO

IS HEAD FOR THE HILLS.

BUT THEY'RE NOT.

THEY'RE STAYING.

THEY BELIEVE THEY'RE

SUPPOSED TO STAY.

WHETHER THEY'RE PERSECUTED

OR THEY'RE GOING TO DIE,

THEY ARE STAYING.

Gordon: THAT IS

HUMBLING.

IT REALLY IS.

AND SOME LEADERS THAT WE

WORK WITH HIM, SOME OF OUR

E3 LEADERS IN SYRIA HAVE

BUILT A GRAVEYARD BECAUSE

THEY KNOW THEY'RE GOING TO

DIE FOR JESUS THERE.

25 OF THEM PITCHED THEIR

MONEY IN, AND THEY SENT

E-MAILS SAYING HE IS

MOVING -- WHEN YOU SEND

THINGS OUT OF SYRIA,

YOU'VE GOT TO BE CAREFUL.

AND THEY SAY, HE IS

MOVING, WE HAVE MANY NEW

FRIENDS, AND THE GOOD NEWS

IS THE GRAVEYARD IS STILL

EMPTY.

JESUS IS WATCHING OVER

THEM.

Gordon: YOU CAN STILL

STAND IN THAT FIRE, AND

HE'LL PROTECT YOU.

IT IS HUMBLING.

AS A CHRISTIAN, YOU COME

TO THE DECISION, OKAY, I'M

GOING TO LIVE FOR HIM.

OKAY, TO DIE IS GAIN.

I'VE GOT THAT MENTALLY,

BUT THEN TO LIVE IT EVERY

SINGLE DAY AND NOT KNOWING

IS TODAY THE LAST DAY?

AND HOW WOULD THAT CHANGE

YOU?

AND FAREED, ONE OF OUR

LEADERS IN SYRIA SAID,

WHEN YOU ONLY LIVE FOR

TODAY, THERE IS SOMETHING

LIBERATING ABOUT IT.

YOU TRULY DON'T WORRY

ABOUT TOMORROW.

YOU DON'T HAVE A FIVE-YEAR

PLAN.

IF IT IS GOD'S WILL FOR

YOU TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE

DAY, THEN YOU GET UP

TOMORROW AND SEE WHAT HE

HAS YOU DO.

Gordon: THE BOOK IS

CALLED "STANDING IN THE

FIRE: COURAGEOUS

CHRISTIANS LIVING IN

FRIGHTENING TIMES."

YOU CAN GET MORE

INFORMATION ON OUR

WEBSITE, OR YOU CAN FIND

IT WHEREVER BOOKS ARE

SOLD.

TOM, THANK YOU FOR THE

BOOK.

THANK YOU.

GOD BLESS YOU.

Gordon: THANK YOU FOR

BEING HERE.

THANK YOU.

Gordon: AFTER A LIFE

OF CRIME, HE GAVE HIS LIFE

TO GOD, ONLY TO CONTRACT A

DEADLY DISEASE.

FIND OUT WHY DOCTORS

CALLED HIS RECOVER A

MIRACLE, WHEN WE RETURN.

Gordon: YEARS OF DRUG

ABUSE FINALLY CAUGHT UP

WITH DONALD NALLY.

HE HAD BEEN THROWN IN JAIL

YET ANOTHER TIME.

BUT THIS TIME HE WAS

STARING AT A 25-YEAR

PRISON SENTENCE.

AND HE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH

WHAT DOCTORS CALLED THE

WORST CASE OF HEPATITIS

"C" THEY HAD EVER SEEN.

THE FIRST TIME I SHOT

HEROIN INTO MY VEINS, IT

JUST TOOK ME OUT OF THE

WORLD.

Reporter: DONALD

NALLY STRUGGLED WITH DRUG

ADDICTION MOST OF HIS

LIFE.

HE STARTED USING WHEN HE

WAS 10, SOON AFTER HIS

MOTHER DIED.

WHAT DRUGS DID FOR ME,

THEY BASICALLY HELPED ME

ESCAPE REALITY AND THE

PAIN OF THINGS.

Reporter: OVER THE

NEXT 34 YEARS, DONALD USED

EVERY TYPE OF DRUG HE

COULD GET HIS HANDS ON.

HE WAS OF WAS OFTEN A DRUG DEALER

AND SPENT YEARS BEHIND

BARS, BUT HE COULD NEVER

ADMIT HE WAS DESTROYING

HIS LIFE.

I NEVER CAME TO THE

KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH

THAT WHAT I WAS DOING WAS

HARMING ANYONE OR MYSELF.

IT IS LIKE AN ENDLESS

CYCLE.

Reporter: THAT

CHANGED ONE DAY WHEN HE

ALMOST OVERDOSED ON

HEROIN.

I KNEW I WAS DYING, AND

I JUST BASICALLY SAID,

GOD, YOU'VE GOT TO HELP

ME.

I NEED YOUR HELP.

I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE.

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF

BEING SICK AND TIRED.

I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS

ANYMORE.

Reporter: DONALD

SURVIVED A NEAR OVERDOSE

AND SOON FACED ANOTHER

ARREST.

HE WAS CONVICTED OF DRUG

DISTRIBUTION AND FACED 25

YEARS WITH NO PROCEDURAL.

PAROLE.

HE PRAYED TO GOD.

IF YOU GET ME OUT OF

THIS MESS, I'LL TRY TO DO

RIGHT BY YOU.

I HEARD THIS WHISPER IN MY

EAR, AND WAS ECCLESIASTES.

IT TOTALLY STUNNED ME.

I LOOKED AROUND AND I WAS

LIKE, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA,

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME,

GOD?

Reporter: DONALD

FOUND A BIBLE AND STARTED

READING THROUGH THE BOOK

OF ECCLESIASTES.

HE REPENTED OF HIS SINS

AND PLEDGED HIS LIFE TO

GOD.

IT WAS LIKE THE WORDS

OF THE BIBLE CAME ALIVE.

THEY COME UP AND SHOT

STRAIGHT INTO MY SOUL.

I GOT DOWN ON THE FLOOR,

WITH MY FACE TO THE FLOOR,

AND I SAID, GOD, I HAVE NO

DOUBTS THAT YOU JUST SPOKE

TO ME BY YOUR VOICE

SOMEHOW.

AND I SAID THROUGH YOUR

WORD.

SO WHETHER YOU GET ME OUT

OF THIS MESS OR NOT, I

WANT TO DO RIGHT BY YOU.

BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW.

YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME HOW.

Reporter: DONALD SAYS

GOD ALSO DELIVERED HIM

FROM HIS ADDICTIONS.

BUT TWO WEEKS LATER HE

BEGAN TO FEEL SICK AND

WENT TO THE INFIRMARY.

A BLOOD TEST REVEALED HE

HAD HEPATITIS "C" FROM HIS

YEARS OF INTRAVENOUS DRUG

USE.

THE DOCTOR TOLD DONALD IT

WAS THE WORST CASE HE HAD

EVER SEEN.

HE SAID, YOU'LL BE

LUCKY IF YOU LIVE PAST SIX

WEEKS.

AND WHEN THE DOCTOR GAVE

ME THAT REPORT, I QUOTED

THE WORD OF GOD BACK TO

HIM.

I SAID, YOU DON'T KNOW WHO

JESUS IS, DO YOU?

I SAID, JESUS IS MY

SAVIOR.

I SAID, NOT ONLY IS HE MY

SAVIOR, HE IS MY REDEEMER.

AND NOT ONLY IS HE MY

REDEEMER, HE IS MY HEALER.

Reporter: DONALD SAYS

THE DOCTOR DIDN'T

PRESCRIBE MEDICATIONS

BECAUSE HE BELIEVED HIS

ELNESS WAILLNESS WAS TERMINAL.

DONALD WAS QUARANTINED,

AND HE READ SCRIPTURES.

I WOULD SPEAK THEM OUT,

AND AS MY SPIRIT GOT

STRONGER, I BELIEVE THAT'S

WHAT PUSHED THE DISEASE

OUT OF MY BODY.

BECAUSE THE ONE WORKING IN

ME WAS STRONGER THAN THE

DISEASE THAT WAS ON ME.

Reporter: SIX WEEKS

LATER, DONALD SAYS HE WOKE

UP ONE MORNING FEELING

DIFFERENT.

AT THIS TIME, WHEN I

KNEW THAT I KNEW THAT I

WAS HEALED, I JUST GOT THE

REVELATION OF IT.

THE POWER OF GOD DIDN'T

HIT ME IN ANY POWERFUL WAY

OR ANYTHING -- I WISH I

COULD TELL YOU IT DID --

BUT IT DIDN'T.

IT WAS LIKE I WOKE UP ONE

MORNING AND THE LIGHT CAME

ON: YOU'RE HEALED; IT'S

DONE.

Reporter: DONALD WENT

BACK TO THE DOCTOR FOR A

CHECKUP.

HE WAS SO SURE OF HIS

HEALING, HE ASKED TO BE

RETESTED.

WHEN THE DOCTOR COME

BACK WITH THOSE TESTS, HE

IS SCRATCHING HIS HEAD,

LIKE THIS.

HE SAID, I DO NOT

UNDERSTAND THIS.

HE SAID THIS FIRST REPORT

SAYS THAT YOUR LIVER WAS

TOTALLY DETERIORATED, BUT

THIS TEST HERE SAYS IT

LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE GOT A

BRAND NEW LIVER.

AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

YOU'RE THE MOST HEALTHIEST

PERSON I'VE EXAMINED IN A

WHILE.

AND ALL I COULD DO WAS

LOOK AT HIM AND SAY, I

TOLD YOU JESUS WAS GOING

TO HEAL ME.

I TOLD YOU.

Reporter: DONALD WENT

BEFORE THE JUDGE A SHORT

TIME LATER, AND ALL

CHARGES BUT ONE WERE

DROPPED.

HE LEFT JAIL AFTER JUST

FIVE MONTHS, SAVED,

HEALED, AND DELIVERED.

TODAY DONALD IS MARRIED TO

KATHLEEN, AND THEY TRAVEL

THE WORLD, SHARING THE

GOSPEL OF JESUS AND THE

MESSAGE THAT GOD STILL

HEALS.

WHEN JESUS SAID IT WAS

FINISHED, HE MEANS IT IS

FINISHED.

AND BECAUSE OF THE

MIRACLES GOD HAS WORKED IN

MY OWN LIFE, WE'VE SEEN

GOD WORK MIRACLES IN OTHER

LIVES.

IT IS HIS WILL TO HEAL, TO

DELIVER, AND TO ALWAYS SET

PEOPLE FREE.

SIMPLY BECAUSE HE LOVES

US.

Gordon: AND THAT'S

HIS WILL FOR YOU, SIMPLY

BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU.

DON'T MAKE IT COMPLICATED.

DON'T GET INTO SOME SORT

OF, WELL, I'VE GOT TO DO

SO MANY GOOD THINGS BEFORE

GOD WILL TALK TO ME OR BE

WITH ME.

HE LOVES YOU.

HE LOVES YOU INFINITELY.

HE DIED FOR YOU.

AND IF YOU WANT THE

EVIDENCE OF THAT, ALL YOU

HAVE TO DO IS DO WHAT

DONALD DID.

HE JUST PRAYED.

LORD, IF THERE IS

SOMETHING YOU CAN DO WITH

ME, IF THERE IS SOMEHOW,

SOME WAY, COULD YOU SHOW

UP FOR ME?

AND HE HEARD ONE WORD, A

LITTLE WHISPER:

ECCLESIASTES.

AND HE STARTED READING THE

BIBLE.

AND GOD CHANGED HIS LIFE.

HE DELIVERED HIM.

HE HEALED HIM.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, HE

SAVED HIM AND SHOWED HIM

THAT HE COULD BE WITH HIM

FOR ALL ETERNITY.

THAT SAME THING CAN HAPPEN

TO YOU IF YOU DO THE SAME

THING THAT DONALD DID.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

YOU SAY, GOD, COULD YOU

SHOW UP FOR ME?

YOU HEARD WHAT HE SAID,

IT'S LIKE HE TURNED ON THE

LIGHT.

AND THAT'S WHAT THE BIBLE

SAYS.

I WILL MANIFEST MYSELF.

HE WILL TURN ON THAT LIGHT

SO THAT YOU CAN KNOW HIM

AND KNOW THE GREATNESS OF

HIS POWER TOWARDS US WHO

BELIEVE.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS

PRAYER, WE'RE HERE FOR

YOU.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PICK

UP A PHONE AND CALL US.

IT IS TOLL-FREE.

1-800-700-7000.

WHEN YOU CALL, I'VE GOT

SOMETHING FOR YOU, AND

IT'S A C.D., WHAT DO

CHRISTIANS BELIEVE?

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL

US, 1-800-700-7000.

HERE IS A WORD FROM YOU

FROM ZACHARIAH: "I WILL

REFINE THEM LIKE SILVER

AND TEST THEM LIKE GOLD.

THEY WILL CALL ON MY NAME,

AND I WILL ANSWER THEM."

EMBED THIS VIDEO


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network