The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

700 Club Interactive - July 31, 2017

Carlos felt trapped in a body he didn’t recognize after stepping on an IED, his anger driving his wife and kids further away from him. But during church, one voice brought him a breakthrough. Read Transcript


Gordon: A MARINE

FACES AN UNEXPECTED

FUTURE.

I WAS STRUGGLING WITH A

BODY I DIDN'T WANT.

EVERY DAY I WANTED TO DIE.

Gordon: WITH HIS WIFE

BY HIS SIDE.

GOD, GIVE ME THE WISDOM

TO MAKE THE RIGHT

DECISIONS OR SAY THE RIGHT

WORDS TO HIM.

Gordon: PLUS...MIKE

EVANS BRINGS US AN UPDATE

FROM JERUSALEM AND THE

FRIENDS OF "ZION HERITAGE

CENTER."

> GOOD MORNING.

GERALD FREEMAN IS MAKING

SOME OFF-SEASON NEWS.

HE STOPPED FOR A BITE TO

EAT AT THE BOSTON AIRPORT

BEFORE CATCHING HIS FLIGHT

BACK TO CHICAGO, AND HE

DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO ENJOY

HIS SANDWICH BECAUSE A MAN

A COUPLE OF SEATS OVER

BEGAN CHOKING ON HIS.

HE USED THE HEIMLICH

MANEUVER, AND FINALLY THE

MAN, MARCUS RYAN, WAS ABLE

TO BREATHE AGAIN.

WHEN I PUT THE GUY

DOWN, HE WAS, LIKE, OH, MY

GOD, YOU JUST SAVED MY

LIFE.

HE THOUGHT I MAY HAVE

BROKE HIS RIB, AND I SAID

IT WAS YOUR RIB OR YOUR

LIFE.

Gordon: AFTER THE

ENTIRE ORDEAL, THE TWO MEN

SAT DOWN AND WERE ABLE TO

FINISH THEIR BRISKET

TOGETHER.

ALWAYS BE AWARE OF WHAT IS

GOING ON AROUND YOU.

> AN ACCIDENT LAST YEAR

CRUSHED JAMIE'S NECK,

LEAVING HE HIM PARALYZED, BUT

THE OLYMPIC HIGH JUMPER

REFUSED TO LET IT CRUSH

HIS DREAMS.

I DEFINITELY WANT TO

THANK GOD THAT I'M STILL

ALIVE.

A LOT OF THINGS COME INTO

PERSPECTIVE WHEN SOMETHING

LIKE THIS HAPPENS.

Gordon: SPECIFICALLY,

JAMIE WAS THINKING ABOUT

HIS UPCOMING MARRIAGE.

HE VOWED TO HIS FIANCEE HE

WOULD WALK DOWN THE AISLE

WITH HER.

HE LEARNED TO WALK AGAIN

THROUGH INTENSE PHYSICAL

THERAPY AND BUILT HIS

MUSCLES.

HE STARTED THEIR WEDDING

DAY WITH A WALKER, BUT

AFTER THEIR VOWS, HE

FULFILLED HIS PROMISE TO

HIS BRIDE.

I WANT TO WALK THE BEST

I CAN WALK.

THIS IS A REALLY

SPECIAL DAY, TO SEE HIM

WALK DOWN THAT AISLE.

AND TO HAVE HIM THERE ON

MY ARM.

Gordon: THAT'S A

WONDERFUL STORY.

AN IMPRESSIVE COMEBACK,

AND YOU CAN WATCH OUR

INTERVIEWS AND PAST

UPDATES WITH JAMIE ON

cbn.com..

> HERE IS OUR NEXT

STORY.

IT IS NOT NEWS THAT HE

WALKED ON THE MOON

48IARIES AGO, BUT WHAT YOU

MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT

BUZZ'S GROUNDBREAKING TRIP

IS IT INCLUDED THE LORD'S

SUPPER.

A RADIO HOST RECENTLY

BLOGGED HOW THE ASTRONAUT

READ THE GOSPEL OF JOHN

AND HAD COMMUNION.

ALDRIN LATER EXPLAINED WHY

HE WAS ASKED TO TURN OFF

THE BROADCAST, BECAUSE

THEY WERE IN A LEGAL

BATTLE AND THEY WANTED TO

AVOID ANY PRESS

CONFERENCE.

YOU CAN FIND MORE ON THAT

STORY AT FAIT faithwire.com.

I REMEMBER AS A CHILD --

I'LL NEVER FORGET IT --

I'M WATCHING THE EARTH

RISE OVER THE MOON.

AND HERE THE ASTRONAUTS

ARE READING THE FIRST

CHAPTER OF THE BOOK OF

GENESIS.

IT WAS A WONDERFUL MOMENT.

> WELL, WHERE ARE YOU

GOD?

IT'S A QUESTION WE ALL ASK

AT SOME POINT.

FOR CARLOS, A HUSBAND,

FATHER, AND MARINE, IT WAS

A QUIET ENCOUNTER WITH GOD

THAT ANSWERED HIS

QUESTION.

I WANTED TO SERVE MY

COUNTRY.

AFTER WHAT I SAW ON 9/11,

AND I WAS WATCHING ON THE

NEWS THE INVASION OF THE

MARINES IN FALLUJAH, AND I

SAID I SHOULD BE DOING

THAT, SO I JOINED THE

MARINE CORPS.

I DEPLOYED TO IRAQ TWO

DIFFERENT TIMES.

AND I WAS ON THREE COMBAT

BATTALIONS.

IN 2010, NOW I'M HEARD AND MARRIED

AND I HAVE A FAMILY.

MY OLDEST ONE WAS FOUR

YEARS OLD.

I WAS GETTING READY TO GO

ON A GROUP PATROL, A GROUP

OF 19 MARINES.

WHEN I WAS WALKING, I

STEPPED ON AN I.E.D.

IT WAS BEFORE FATHER'S

DAY AND BEFORE OUR

ANNIVERSARY.

I WAS ON THE WAY TO THE

POSTAL OFFICE TO SEND MY

CARE PACKAGE.

AND SOMEONE CALLED ME AND

SAID, ARE YOU MRS. EVANS.

AT THAT MOMENT, I KNEW

SOMETHING HAPPENED TO

CARLOS.

BUT I THOUGHT HE WAS

ALREADY DEAD.

I HEARD A BIG

EXPLOSION.

BOTH MY LEGS GOT BLOWN UP.

MY LEFT ARM GOT BLOWN UP,

TOO.

I STARTED LOSING SO MUCH

BLOOD, I HAD NINE

TOURNIQUETS ON MY BODY.

I HAD FOUR HERE, FOUR

HERE, AND ONE HERE.

AT THAT TIME, I WANTED TO

DIE BECAUSE I WAS GOING

THROUGH SO MUCH PAIN.

THE MARINE THAT WAS WITH

ME, HE KEPT ASKING ME,

WHAT'S YOUR WIFE'S NAME.

AND I TOLD HIM ROSIE.

AND HE ASKED ME MY

DAUGHTER'S NAME.

AND HE SAID, YOU'RE GOING

TO GO HOME TO THEM.

YOUR NOT GOING TO DIE HERE

TODAY.

THAT'S THE LAST THING I

REMEMBER.

SIX DAYS PASSED AND I WOKE

UP IN WASHINGTON MODE DESTSTA

HOSPITAL.

I OPENED MY EYES AND I SAW

MY WIFE RIGHT NEXT TO ME.

IT DIDN'T SINK EXACTLY

WHAT HAPPENED TO ME.

WHEN I LEFT THE HOSPITAL,

THAT'S WHEN I REALLY HAD

TO ADJUST TO LIFE.

I WAS STRUGGLING WITH A

BODY I DIDN'T WANT.

THERE WERE DAYS I WANTED

TO DIE.

I WOKE UP EVERY DAY, AND

I'M, LIKE, HOW CAN I DIE?

AND I HAD A LOT OF MOOD

SWINGS BECAUSE I WAS

TAKING A LOT OF

MEDICATION.

SOME DAYS I WAS IN MY ROOM

ALL DAY CRYING.

I WAS THANKING GOD BECAUSE

I WAS ALIVE, BUT AT THE

SAME TIME, I WAS MAD

BECAUSE I DIDN'T

UNDERSTAND WHY, IF I'M A

CHRISTIAN, THIS COULD

HAPPEN TO ME, WHY I'M

GOING THROUGH SO MUCH

PAIN.

WHERE ARE YOU, GOD?

MY PRAYER AT THE TIME

WAS GOD, GIVE ME THE

WISDOM TO MAKE THE RIGHT

DECISIONS OR SAY THE RIGHT

WORDS FOR HIM, TO

ENCOURAGE HIM AND

ENCOURAGE MY FAMILY.

KEEP THEM TOGETHER BECAUSE

I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY

FAMILY.

I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY

FAMILY THROUGH THIS

SITUATION.

I THINK THREE MONTHS

AFTER MY INJURY, I GO TO

THE LIVING ROOM AND I SEE

MY WIFE, AND I'M GETTING

READY TO TELL HER -- I'M,

LIKE, YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU

SHOULD JUST CONTINUE WITH

YOUR LIFE AND I'LL

CONTINUE WITH MINE.

I WILL JUST STAY HERE.

YOU DON'T DESERVE THIS.

AND SHE JUST LOOKED AT ME,

RIGHT STRAIGHT IN THE

EYES, AND SHE JUST TELLS

ME, I PRAYED TO GOD TO

BRING YOU BACK HOME ALIVE,

AND YOU ARE HERE ALIVE.

YOU ARE MY HUSBAND.

AND I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU

ARE.

I AM NOT A WIDOW.

AND YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE NOT

ORPHANS.

YOU ARE THEIR FATHER.

SHE TELLS ME, I LOVE YOU

FOR WHO YOU ARE.

AND I WAS, LIKE, YOU CAN'T

LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM, LOOK

AT ALL OF MY WOUNDS ON MY

BODY.

AND SHE TELLS ME, THAT'S

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU

AND ME.

I DON'T SEE YOUR WOUNDS.

I ONLY SEE YOUR SCARS.

AND THE SCARS ARE THE

EVIDENCE OF WHO HEALED

YOUR WOUNDS, AND THAT IS

JESUS.

AND HE IS THE CENTER OF MY

LIFE, AND WE'RE GOING TO

MAKE IT THROUGH.

THAT SAME WEEK MY WIFE

TOLD ME, AND WE'RE GOING

TO GO TO CHURCH THIS WEEK.

I HADN'T BEEN TO MY CHURCH

IN, LIKE, SIX OR SEVEN

MONTHS.

AT A MOMENT BY MYSELF IN

THE CHURCH, I WAS, LIKE,

YOU KNOW WHAT, LORD?

I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO

DO THIS.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIVE

THIS WAY.

IN MY HEART, IN MY MIND,

THERE COMES SCRIPTURE:

"YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS

THROUGH CHRIST WHO

STRENGTHENS YOU."

I'M, LIKE, LORD, I HAVE SO

MUCH PAIN IN MY BODY.

I HAVE SO MANY WOUNDS.

RIGHT THEN I LOOK AT THE

CROSS, AND I SEE JESUS AND

I SEE ALL OF HIS WOUNDS.

HE WAS WOUNDED SO I COULD

BE HEALED.

THAT WAS A BIG

BREAKTHROUGH IN MY LIFE.

HE WAS MORE POSITIVE

AND MORE FOCUSED AND MORE

DETERMINED TO CHANGE.

I STARTED NOT FOCUSING

ON WHAT I DON'T HAVE AND

FOCUSING ON THE THINGS

THAT I HAVE.

AND I STARTED ENJOYING MY

LIFE.

WAKING UP WITH A SMILE.

AND FINDING GOD'S PURPOSE

BEHIND ALL OF THIS.

THAT GOD COULD USE OUR

SCARS TO HEAL OTHERS.

WE SPEAK TO A LOT OF

WOUNDED VETERANS LIKE

MYSELF.

THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE

OUT THERE THAT ARE GOING

THROUGH A LOT AND THAT

WON'T GIVE UP.

AND THEY NEED TO SEE AN

EXAMPLE.

WE SHARE OUR LIVES WITH

THEM.

NOT EVERYBODY HAS A

HUSBAND THAT LOST BOTH

LEGS, BUT EVERYBODY HAS A

HARD TIME.

ON MY PART, WHAT I CAN SAY

IS I ASK GOD FOR WISDOM.

ALL DECISIONS COME FROM

HIM.

WHEN GOD LOOKS AT YOU,

HE DOESN'T LOOK AT YOU AS

A VICTIM, WHO IS CRIPPLED,

SICK.

GOD LOOKS AT YOU AS HIS

SON AND AS A CONQUEROR.

AND WHEN YOU LOOK AT

YOURSELF THROUGH THAT

MIRROR, WHATEVER LOOKS

IMPOSSIBLE BECOMES

POSSIBLE.

SO I LOOK AT THIS

EXPERIENCE, AND I'M, LIKE,

WOW, THIS IS A BLESSING IN

DISGUISE BECAUSE WE HAVE

GROWN SO MUCH FROM IT.

I'M A BETTER FATHER.

I'M A BETTER HUSBAND.

I'M A BETTER PERSON.

AND WE'RE TOUCHING A LOT

OF PEOPLE THROUGH GOD'S

GRACE.

SO I DON'T REGRET IT.

IF I HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT

ALL OVER AGAIN, WE'LL DO

IT THE SAME WAY.

Gordon: WHAT AN

INCREDIBLE TESTIMONY.

CARLOS, WHAT A HERO.

AND HIS WIFE, WHAT A

WONDERFUL CHRISTIAN

WITNESS.

THE WORD EXACTLY WHEN

CARLOS NEEDED

ENCOURAGEMENT.

SHE WAS THERE TO SAY, I'M

HERE WITH YOU.

I'M NOT A WIDOW.

I PRAYED THAT GOD WOULD

BRING YOU BACK, AND HE

DID.

YOU, IF YOU'RE GOING

THROUGH TOUGH TIMES, IF

YOU'RE GOING THROUGH ANY

KIND OF DIFFICULTY, WE'RE

HERE FOR YOU.

AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS

PICK UP A PHONE AND CALL

US: 1-800-700-7000.

AND IF YOU NEED JUST A

WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO

SAY, I NEED TO HAVE A

REASON TO GO ON, TO MAKE

IT THROUGH THE DAY, WE'RE

HERE FOR YOU.

WE'RE NOT HERE TO JUDGE

YOU.

WE'RE CERTAINLY NOT HERE

TO CONDEMN YOU.

WE'RE HERE TO TELL YOU

THERE IS A GOD WHO LOVES

YOU.

AND NO MATTER HOW

DIFFICULT THINGS SEEM, HE

CAN MAKE A WAY.

SO CALL US:

1-800-700-7000.

> WELCOMWELL COMING UP,

DR. MIKE EVANS JOINS US TO

BRING US AN UPDATE ON THE

"FRIENDS OF ZION" MUSEUM,

WHEN WE COME BACK.

Gordon: MIKE EVANS IS

IT FOUNDER OF THE

JERUSALEM PRAYER NETWORK.

TWO YEARS AGO, HE OPENED

THE "FRIENDS OF ZION"

MUSEUM INSIDE THE CITY,

AND NOW HE IS BEGINNING

THE MUSEUM'S SECOND PHASE,

TELLING THE WORLD ABOUT

THE UNSUNG HEROS OF

ISRAEL.

Reporter: DR. MIKE

EVANS BUILT "THE FRIENDS

OF ZION" MUSEUM TWO YEARS

AGO TO HONOR AND RECOGNIZE

THOSE FRIENDS WHO HAVE

DEDICATED AND SACRIFICED

THEIR LIVES DEFENDING THE

CAUSE OF JEWS EVERYWHERE.

NO ONE ON THIS PLANET

HAS DONE MORE TO BRING

PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THE

IMPORTANCE OF CHRISTIAN

PEOPLE SUPPORTING THE

NATION OF ISRAEL LIKE

DR. MICHAEL EVANS.

Reporter: DR. EVANS

IS EXCITED TO SEE THE NEXT

PHASE BECOME A REALITY,

WHICH INCLUDES A GLOBAL

TRAINING CENTER, A

RESEARCH INSTITUTE, AND A

SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATION

CENTER WHICH ALREADY HAS

25 MILLION FOLLOWERS.

Gordon: DR. MIKE

EVANS IS HERE WITH US NOW.

IT IS ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO

HAVE YOU HERE.

IT IS ALWAYS A PLEASURE

TO BE WITH YOU, FRIEND.

Gordon: GIVE US AN

UPDATE ON ISRAEL.

WE'RE HEARING A LOT IN THE

NEWS ABOUT THE TEMPLE

MOUNT CLASHES.

YOUR DAD HAS BEEN

PREACHING THIS STUFF AND

PROPHECY FOR DECADES.

AND WE'RE LOOKING AT IT

RIGHT NOW.

IT IS A 32-ACRE SITE WHICH

THE EYES OF THE WHOLE

WORLD ARE ON.

WHY?

BECAUSE TERRORISTS HID

WEAPONS IN THE TEMPLE

MOUNT, TOOK THE WEAPONS

AND KILLED POLICE

OFFICERS.

AND THE PRIME MINISTER

WANTS TO PUT UP SOME

SECURITY SO ALL OF THE

RAGE COMES.

IT IS NOT RATIONAL.

IT IS A SPIRITUAL BATTLE.

PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS

AND SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS,

YEAH.

Gordon: I DON'T

UNDERSTAND THE ARGUMENT

THAT THERE SHOULDN'T BE A

WEAPONS CHECK AT THE

TEMPLE MOUNT.

YOU WOULD THINK THAT WOULD

BE THE PRUDENT THING TO

DO.

Reporter HELLO.

Gordon: AND FOR A

MUSLIM TO SAY SOMEHOW IT

INTERFERES WITH YOUR

PRAYER LIFE -- WELL, YOU

HAVE WEAPONS CHECKS AT

MECCA.

IT IS THE SAME THING.

SO WHY OBJECT JUST BECAUSE

IT'S IN ISRAEL?

YOU OBJECT BECAUSE

SATAN SAID, I WILL SIT ON

THE MOUNT OF THE

CONGREGATION, ON THE SIDE

TO THE NORTH.

I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST

HIGH.

THIS IS A DEEPER BATTLE

THAN MUSLIMS OR ARABS.

THIS IS A BATTLE WITH

PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS

AND SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS

THAT ARE GAMING PEOPLE.

Gordon: WHAT'S THE

ROOT OF THIS?

YOU GO BACK TO '67, WHEN

ISRAEL TOOK THE TEMPLE

MOUNT.

WHY DIDN'T THEY SAY THIS

IS OURS NOW.

WELL, MORDECAI WAS A

FRIEND OF MINE.

HE IS THE GUY WHO LED THE

COMMAND.

AND YOU MADE A MAJOR MOVIE

ON THIS STORY.

IN FACT, THERE WAS A GUY

THAT PLANTED THE FLAG.

HE'S CLOSE TO US.

BUT HERE IS W WHAT ARAFAT

TOLD ME.

WHEN ARAFAT TURNED DOWN

THE DEAL -- REMEMBER WHEN

BILL CLINTON WAS GOING TO

HAND HIM AND CHECK AND

GIVE HIM AUTO ALMOST ALL THAT

HE WANTED, AND I SAID, WHY

DIDN'T YOU TAKE IT.

HE SAID BECAUSE WHEN

ABRAHAM OFFERED U UP ISH

ISHMEAL, IT SAYS IN THE

QURAN, WHEN ABRAHAM

OFFERED OF ISHMIAL, BLESS

THE SACRIFICE, WHICH MEANS

IT ALL BELONGS TO US.

THE JEWS HAVE A TITLE DEED

TO NOTHING.

GO BACK TO EUROPE, IT IS

ALL OURS.

IT CAME THROUGH ABRAHAM

AND ISHMEAL, NO ISAAC.

WE WANT TO DRIVE ISRAEL TO

THE SEA, YOU CAN'T HAVE

PEACE WITH ISRAEL.

THE TEMPLE MOUNT IS

MOUNT MARIAH, WHERE

ABRAHAM OFFERED UP ISAAC.

THEY SAID, NO, HE DID NOT.

Gordon: IT IS

REVISIONIST HISTORY.

THIS IS WHERE MUHAMMAD

WENT ON HIS NIGHT JOURNEY.

YEAH.

Gordon: HIS WIFE SAID

HE DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE, HE

WAS WITH ME ALL NIGHT.

[LAUGHTER]

Gordon: AND al-AQSA

WAS NEVER IDENTIFIED WITH

JERUSALEM UNTIL 1300 A.D.

IT WAS WELL AFTER, 600

YEARS AFTER MUHAMMAD DIED.

AND THE ARCHEOLOGY IS

CLEAR: al-AQSA IS A

BIZANTINE CHURCH.

EXACTLY.

Gordon: IF YOU SAY

MUHAMMAD HAD TO GO TO

CHURCH BEFORE HE WENT TO

HEAVEN, OKAY.

[LAUGHTER]

Gordon: WHY DOES THE

LIE LIVE?

BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS TO

ME, AND SHOULD BE OBVIOUS

TO ANYONE, EITHER LOOKING

AT THE HISTORICAL RECORD

OR THE ARCHEOLOGICAL

RECORD, THAT THE TEMPLE

MOUNT WAS JEWISH.

BECAUSE THE FATHER OF

LIES LIVES.

AND HE FATHERS THOSE LIES.

I DEBATED HUNTER SWARI.

AND HERE IS WHAT SHE SAID:

BETHLEHEM IS THE MUSLIM

TOWN WHERE THE FIRST

PALESTINIAN CHRISTIAN WAS

BORN, JESUS CHRIST.

AND I SAID TO HER, EXCUSE

ME?

IT IS THE JEWISH TOWN

WHERE THE JEW, JESUS

CHRIST, WAS BORN, AND HE

WAS NEVER A CHRISTIAN.

NOW, I KNOW THAT'S HARD

WHEN YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN TO

HEAR THAT, BUT JESUS

DIDN'T NEED TO BE

CONVERTED.

HE WAS GOD.

Gordon: RIGHT.

SO SHE SAID TO ME, I

RESENT YOUR DISTORTION OF

MY REALITY.

DON'T TRY TO CONFUSE ME

WITH YOUR FACTS.

MY MIND IS MADE UP.

WELL, SHE JUST DEFINED THE

WHOLE PALESTINIAN

CONFLICT: DON'T CONFUSE ME

WITH YOUR FACTS; MY MIND

IS MADE UP.

Gordon: ANOTHER LAYER

OF THIS CONFLICT THAT I

THINK PEOPLE DON'T

UNDERSTAND IS IF YOU COME

TO PEACE WITH ISRAEL --

ARAFAT NEW THAT -- IF YOU

COME TO PEACE, IF YOU MAKE

A PEACE AGREEMENT, YOU

WILL BE KILLED.

100%.

LOOK AT THE PALESTINIAN

BELIEVERS, THE PRICE THEY

PAY.

WHERE ARE THEY IN

BETHLEHEM?

Gordon: THEY'RE GONE.

I VISITED BETHLEHEM BACK

IN THE 1970s, WHEN I WAS

UNDER ISRAELI CONTROL, AND

WE HAD FREE ACCESS, AND

THERE WAS A THRIVING

CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY IN

BETHLEHEM.

WHEN THE PALESTINIAN

AUTHORITY TAKES OVER,

AFTER THE OSLO ACCORDS, IT

COMPLETELY CHANGED.

AND WHAT WAS A MAJORITY

CHRISTIAN CITY IS NOW A

MAJORITY MUSLIM CITY, AND

THE CHRISTIANS ARE LESS

THAN 10%.

YOU PROBABLY KNEW AMIR

FRIG, WHO WAS A VERY

WEALTHY GUY.

HE SAID, IT IS SO

DIFFICULT, I'M UNDER

OCCUPATION.

IT IS SO PAINFUL.

I'M SO SORRY, I SAID, YOU

MUST HAVE A VERY ROUGH

LIFE.

OH, NO, I HAVE A HOME IN

PARIS.

I HAVE A PLACE HERE AND

THERE.

I HAVE LOTS OF THINGS.

BUT, HE SAID, I'M

SUFFERING.

I'M UNDER OCCUPATION.

WELL, MAYBE IT WOULD BE

BETTER IF JORDAN WAS HERE?

NO, NO, NO, I DON'T WANT

JORDAN.

BUT I'M UNDER OCCUPATION.

THE ISRAELIS WHO LIVE

IN ISRAEL, THE ARABS WHO

LIVE IN ISRAEL, BUILD

FRIENDS OF ZION.

THEY ARE THE GUYS THAT

COME IN EVERY DAY,

WORKERS, AND I KNEW THEM

AND I KNEW THEIR FAMILIES.

THEY'RE HAPPY PEOPLE.

THEY HAVE HOMES.

THEY HAVE FOOD -- WE'RE

TALKING ABOUT ISLAM

EVANGELIZING PALESTINIANS.

WHEN YOUR DAD BEGAN, THE

PALESTINIANS WERE

NATIONALISTS.

THEY WEREN'T ISLAMIC

FANATICS.

YOU HAVE THREE STATES NOW:

YOU HAVE GAZA, AN ISIS

al-QAEDA STATE, AND THEN

YOU HAVE THE IN FATAH, AND

THEN YOU HAVE ISRAEL.

THIS IS NOT SOLVE SOLVABLE

THROUGH POLITICS.

Gordon: LET'S TALK

ABOUT THE "FRIENDS OF

ZION" MUSEUM.

IT IS FABULOUS.

ANYONE WHO GOES TO ISRAEL,

YOU'VE GOT TO GO TO THE

MUSEUM.

WHAT INSPIRED YOU?

CORY TENBON.

WHEN CORY WAS ALIVE, I MET

WITH HER.

AND AS YOUR DAD HAD, AND

I'M SURE YOU HAD -- BUT

YOU WERE PRETTY YOUNG

THEN --

Gordon: I WAS A

TEENAGER, AND SHE

ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED ME.

VERY FEW PEOPLE THAT THE

MERE PHYSICAL PRESENCE

BRINGS HOLINESS.

SHE SAID TO ME, TELL

YOUR STORY OVER SOUP.

I TOLD HERMINE AND SHE HER MINE, AND I

TOLD HER MY STORY.

I SAID, CORY, DO YOU HAVE

ANY PRAYER THAT HASN'T

BEEN ANSWERED?

SHE SAID THE HOUSE I LIVED

IN, I WANTED IT TO BE A

WITNESS FOR THE LORD.

IT WAS PURCHASED BY

SOMEBODY ELSE, AND IT WAS

SHUT DOWN AND IT WASN'T A

WITNESS TO THE LORD.

AND SHE TOLD ME ABOUT

ROBINS BROKE.

SHE SAID, JESUS, IT IS MY

BIRTHDAY, MY FATHER IS

DEAD, BETSY IS DYING.

DO YOU HAVE A GIFT FOR ME,

JESUS?

AND SHE SAID THE LORD

SPOKE TO MY SPIRIT AND

SAID THE GIFT IS IN THE

91st PSALM.

THE LAST VERSE, SHE SAID.

I DIDN'T LOOK IT UP,

GORDON, UNTIL SHE DIED.

AND I LOOKED IT UP, AND I

REALIZED SHE DIED AT 91.

SHE WAS THE -- THE SAME

DAY SHE WAS BORN,

APRIL 15th, IS THE DAY

SHE DIED.

IN ROBINS BROOK, THE GIFT

GOD GAVE HER, WAS 43 MORE

YEARS IN LIFE AND

MINISTRY.

THAT WAS THE BIRTHDAY GIFT

FOR CORY.

I WENT TO THE BEIGE, AND I

SAID TO THE MAN, WILL YOU

SELL IT?

NO.

I SAID, CAN WE PRAY.

IF YOU LIKE.

THEN HE SAID, OKAY, I'LL

SELL IT.

SO WE PURCHASED EVERYTHING

BACK AND WE OPENED IT UP.

AND I WANTED TO BE PART OF

THE ANSWER FOR CORY'S LAST

PRAYER.

Gordon: THAT'S A

WONDERFUL THING.

GORDON, HERE IS WHAT

HAPPENED.

I SAW JEWISH PEOPLE COMING

TO THE TEMPLE CRYING AND

WEEPING.

I MET A LADY WHO SAID, MY

MOTHER BROUGHT ME AND I

SAID TO THE OLD MAN, CAN

YOU FIX TWO WATCHES.

THE GIRL -- ME AND MY

MOTHER.

AND HE SAYS, I MUST ASK

GOD.

AND SHE SAID, HE GOES BACK

IN THE HOUSE.

AND I SAID TO MY MOTHER,

IS GOD IN THE HOUSE?

AND SHE SAID, I DON'T

KNOW.

HE COMES BACK AND HE SAYS,

GOD SAYS YES.

SO SHE SAID, I BECAME A

JEW IN THE TENBON HOME.

YAWNLTI WASN'T A JEW.

I WAS BORN A JEW, BUT I

DON'T KNOW HEBREW, AND I

BECAME A JEW IN THE TENBON

HOME.

I SPOKE AT THE INDUCTION

OF CASPER AND BETSY, FOR

THE ISRAELI AMBASSADOR FOR

YAT BISHIM.

I BECAME A JEW IN THE

TENBON HOME AND THEY SAVED

MY LIFE.

ANN FRANK'S STORY IS TOLD.

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY KNOW

ABOUT CORY.

AND I SAID, I WANT TO

BRING CORY TO JERUSALEM.

AND THEN I REALIZED THERE

WERE SO MANY OTHER

INSPIRATIONAL STORIES.

THAT WAS THE INSPIRATION

FOR "FRIENDS OF ZION."

Gordon: THAT IS QUITE

AN INSPIRATION.

BY THE WAY, IT WAS A

PRAYER MEETING.

THE TENBON'S STARTED A

PRAYER MEETING IN 1844,

YES, TO PRAY FOR THE PEACE

OF JERUSALEM.

1844.

THE DAY IT ENDED, THE

100th ANNIVERSARY, WAS

THE DAY THEY RAIDED THE

HIGHWAYHOUSE AND TOOK THEM TO THE

CAMPS.

NO PRAYER MEETING IN

HISTORY HAS LASTED 100

YEARS IN A HOME.

THEIRS DID.

AND THE LORD SAID, START

IT BACK.

SO I STARTED THEIR PRAYER

MEETING BACK, AND NOW IT

IS THE JERUSALEM PRAYER

TEAM WITH 26 MILLION

MEMBERS.

Gordon: WOW.

SO YOU'VE GONE

INTERNATIONAL WITH THIS.

GORDON, WE HAVE OVER

4.5 MILLION IN INDONESIA,

A MUSLIM COUNTRY.

3.5 MILLION IN THE

PHILIPPINES.

IF YOU TYPE IN ISRAEL'S

TOP Facebook, WE'RE THE

NUMBER ONE IN THE STATE OF

ISRAEL.

THE NUMBER SEVENTH IS THE

PRIME MINISTER, AND THE

NUMBER TWO IS GAL GADOT,

"WONDER WOMAN."

A PRAYER GROUP THAT CAME

OUT OF THE TENBON HOUSE.

Gordon: I WOULD HAVE

TO SAY THAT'S AN ABSOLUTE

MIRACLE.

THANK YOU, LORD.

Gordon: ALL RIGHT,

WHAT IS NEXT FOR YOU?

THE VISION THAT GOD HAS

GIVEN NEAR THE "FRIEND OF

ZION'S" HERITAGE HAS TO DO

WITH ESTHER'S PRAYER.

THE NATION OF ISRAEL HAS

MANY THREATS.

IF YOU JUST TAKE, HOW DOES

ISRAEL FIGHT IDEOLOGICAL

WARS?

DEMONS DON'T CLEAR

CUSTOMS.

HOW DO YOU FIGHT A WAR OF

IDEAS?

EVERYTHING IS GOING

THROUGH SOCIAL NETWORK.

ALL OF THE RECRUITMENT

FROM TERROR IS HAPPENING

THROUGH SOCIAL NETWORK.

NOW, WHAT ARE BELIEVERS

DOING IN SOCIAL NETWORK TO

BATTLE DARKNESS WITH

LIGHT?

GOD SPOKE TO ME, DO IT.

CREATE A SOCIAL NETWORK

PORTAL TO BATTLE DARKNESS

WITH LIGHT, TO ACTIVATE,

TO EDUCATE.

LET'S JUST TALK ABOUT MY

SON'S GENERATION OF

MILLENNIALS.

THE MILL NEALTHE MILLENNIALS ARE BUYING

INTO A LIE, THE SAME LIE

THAT IS COMING FROM THE

TEMPLE MOUNT.

WE WANT THEM TO HAVE A

BIBLICAL WORLD VIEW.

SO WE'RE GOING TO USE OUR

COMMUNICATIONS CENTER TO

EDUCATE AND ACTIVATE THE

NEXT GENERATION.

I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT MY

GENERATION, YOUR DAD'S

GENERATION, BUT THAT NEXT

GENERATION, THE ENEMY IS

TELLING THEM LIES.

SO WE HAVE A RESEARCH

INSTITUTE, AND THERE IS A

BIG CAMPUS -- BY THE WAY,

THERE IS AN IDEA OF

TRAINING THE TROOPS THERE.

GORDON, IN THE LAST EIGHT

WEEKS, THERE HAS BEEN

THREE PEOPLE KILLED THAT

CAME THROUGH "FRIENDS OF

ZION" THAT ARE PART OF THE

I.D.F. TRAINING PROGRAM,

AND THEY WERE KILLED IN

JERUSALEM.

I CHECKED WITH OUR STAFF,

YES, THEY WERE PART OF THE

TRAINING PROGRAM.

THEY WERE KILLED BY

TERRORISTS.

ALL YOUNG.

ALL YOUNG PEOPLE, IN THEIR

20s.

Gordon: WE'RE OUT OF

TIME.

IF YOU WANT TO GO TO THE

"FRIENDS OF ZION" MUSEUM,

YOU CAN GO TO IT ON LINE

AND WE'LL HAVE A LINK TO

IT AT cbn.com.HERE IS A

WORD FOR YOU: "FOR THE

WHOLE LAW IS FULFILLED IN

ONE WORD: YOU SHALL LOVE

YOUR NEIGHBOR AS

YOURSELF."

GOD BLESS YOU, WE'LL SEE

YOU AGAIN.

EMBED THIS VIDEO


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network