The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

Studio 5: Faith Sugar

Ian Smith has a prescription to shed sugar from your diet. Kim Fields and Greg Alan Williams introduce their new film A Question of Faith. And meet the rapper who fled Iran at age four and learned English through hip hop music. Read Transcript


Efrem: SECONDS AWAY

ON "STUDIO 5"...THE DOCTOR

IS IN.

THE AVERAGE AMERICAN

CONSUMES ABOUT 13 POUNDS

OF SUGAR.

Efrem: IAN SMITH HAS

A PRESCRIPTION TO SHED THE

SUGAR AND THE POUNDS.

> AND THEN...

*

Efrem: QUESTIONING

GOD'S PLAN ON THE BIG

SCREEN.

PLUS...THE MUSIC STORY

OF A YOUNG MAN WHO FLED

IRAN AT AGE FOUR, AND

LEARNED ENGLISH FROM

HIP-HOP MUSIC.

ALL IN "STUDIO 5,"

STARTING NOW.

*

Efrem: AND WELCOME TO

"STUDIO 5."

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR

JOINING US FOR THIS WEEK'S

COUNTDOWN OF THE BEST IN

UPLIFTING ENTERTAINMENT

NEWS.

LET'S NOT WASTE A MINUTE

AND DIVE RIGHT IN.

> AT NUMBER FIVE...

AT THE SAME TIME, THE

FIERCE ARMY...

Efrem: ...KATHY LEE

GIFFORD LENDS HER VOICE

AND HER HEART TO A FAMILY

MUSICAL EXPERIENCE.

"THE LITTLE GIANT" IS

BASED ON THE BIBLICAL

STORY OF DAVID AND

GOLIATH.

THE REAL MESSAGE OF

THIS IS THAT WE ALL HAVE

OUR STONES.

THE ONE THING THAT GOD HAS

GIVEN US TO DO THAT NO ONE

ELSE CAN DO BUT YOU.

Efrem: THE PROJECT IS

ALSO INSPIRED BY A TRIP TO

ISRAEL WITH HER LATE

HUSBAND, FRANK GIFFORD.

*

* SO GRAB YOUR STONE AND

THROW IT WELL *

* YOU'VE GOT YOU'RE VERY

OWN STORY TO TELL *

Efrem: AT NUMBER

FOUR...

ANDREA BOCELLI MADE A

PILGRIMAGE TO THE

TRADITIONAL SITE OF JESUS'

BAPTISM, PRAYING FOR PEACE

AS HE STOOD ON THE EDGE OF

THE RIVER JORDAN.

IN THIS PLACE, THERE

ARE THE ROOTS OF MY FAITH,

AND SO FOR THIS REASON, IT

IS A VERY SPECIAL PLACE.

Efrem: AND THAT'S A

LOOK AT THE FIRST TWO IN

THE COUNTDOWN, WHICH

BRINGS US TO OUR VERY

FIRST GUEST.

HE IS A DOCTOR, A

TELEVISION HOST, A FATHER,

A HUSBAND, AND EVEN A

TWIN.

YOU'VE PROBABLY HEARD OF

HIM, DR. IAN SMITH.

AND HE HAS GOT THE RECIPE

TO HELP YOU SHRED THE

SUGAR.

HE IS THIS WEEK'S "STUDIO

5" INTERVIEW.

> SO, YOU'RE LATEST BOOK

IS CALLED "BLAST THE SUGAR

OUT," AND YOU PROVIDE A

FIVE-WEEK PLAN OF ACTION

FOR PEOPLE TO, YOU SAY,

DECREASE, BUT NOT WIPE THE

OUT.

NOT WIPE OUT.

Efrem: WHY?

BECAUSE SUGAR IS

IMPORTANT.

GLUCOSE IS THE NUMBER ONE

SOURCE OF FUEL FOR YOUR

BRAIN.

WE ACTUALLY NEED SUGAR.

WE'RE NOT TRYING TO

ELIMINATE SUGAR.

WE'RTHE AVERAGE AMERICAN

CONSUMES 13 POUNDS OF

SUGAR IN A MONTH.

SO WITH THIS PLAN, A

FIVE-WEEK PLAN, PEOPLE

LOSE UP TO 20 POUNDS IN

FIVE WEEKS, AND THEY DROP

THEIR BLOOD SUGAR BY 30%.

AND A LOT OF THEM ARE

CUTTING THEIR SUGAR

ADDICTION THAT MOST OF US

ACTUALLY HAVE.

Efrem: I THINK OF

SUGAR AS ALMOST A DRUG --

IT IS.

Efrem: IS THERE A

SAFE LEVEL BECAUSE WE KNOW

WHAT YOU JUST QUOTED IS

TOO MUCH FOR US TO

CONSUME.

THE AVERAGE AMERICAN,

WHO IS A WOMAN, SHOULD

CONSUME NO MORE THAN SIX

TEASPOONS OF ADDED SUGARS

PER DAY, AND FOR MEN, IT

IS NINE TEASPOONS.

AND THESE ARE ADDED

SUGARS, PROCESSED SUGARS.

UNFORTUNATELY, MOST

AMERICANS DOUBLE OR TRIPLE

THAT IN A DAY.

DO YOU NEED TO GET ALL THE

WAY DOWN TO SIX TEASPOONS

FOR WOMEN AND NINE FOR

MEN -- YOU PROBABLY DON'T

NEED TO GET THAT LOW, BUT

WE HAVE TO DO A LOT BETTER

THAN WHAT WE'RE DOING NOW.

Efrem: SCHOOL US ON

THE DANGER OF CONSUMING

SUGAR THE WAY WE ARE?

SUGAR PR PROVIDES US WITH

ENERGY, BUT IF WE'RE NOT

USING THE ENERGY ENOUGH,

SUGAR HAS TO GO SOMEWHERE,

AND WE TYPICALLY STORE IT

AS FAT.

BY INCREASING YOUR

OBESITY, YOU HURT YOUR

INSULIN HORMONES, AND YOU

END UP GAINING EVEN MORE

WEIGHT.

IT CAN AFFECT YOUR EYES.

IT CAN AFFECT YOUR

KIDNEYS, YOUR BLOOD

VESSELS, YOUR HEART.

SO TOO MUCH SUGAR IN YOUR

BLOOD CAN LEAD TO ALL

TYPES OF PHYSIOLOGICAL

CHANGES THAT CAN BE VERY

DELETERIOUS TO YOUR

HEALTH.

Efrem: I KNOW IN YOUR

BOOK YOU TALK ABOUT

DECREASING, AND SOME

PEOPLE MAY BE CONCERNED,

WELL, WILL I FEEL A CRASH?

BECAUSE SOMETIMES IN OUR

OWN BODIES, WE FEEL SORT

OF A CRASH AS THE SUGAR

GOES.

WELL, THE REASON WHY I

MADE THE PLAN FIVE WEEKS

IS BECAUSE I WANT TO

SLOWLY WEAN YOU OFF OF

SUGAR, VERSUS HAVING YOU

DRAMATICALLY JUST ALL OF A

SUDDEN STOP SUGAR COLD

TURKEY.

THAT'S WHEN U YOU GET THE

CRASH.

PEOPLE HAVE REBOUND

WITHDRAWAL, AND THEY HAVE

HEADACHES, AND THEY FEEL

LETHARGIC.

BUT IN MY PROGRAM, SO FAR,

NO ONE HAS REALLY

EXPERIENCED THAT BECAUSE

THEY'RE STILL HAVING

SUGAR, AND I'M SLOWLY

TAKING THEM WEEK BY WEEK

BY WEEK.

BY THE END OF FIVE WEEKS,

YES, THEY'RE CONSUMING A

LOT LESS SUGAR, BUT THEY

GOT TO THAT END IN A SLOW,

GRADUAL MANNER, RATHER

THAN SOMETHING THAT IS

EXTREMELY DRASTIC.

Efrem: NICE.

WHAT ARE THE RESULTS

YOU'RE SEEING?

IT HAS BEEN AMAZING.

THE AVERAGE WEIGHT LOSS IS

20 POUNDS IN FIVE WEEKS.

Efrem: 20 POUNDS IN

FIVE WEEKS!

PEOPLE HAVE DROPPED

THEIR BLOOD SUGARS BY 30%.

PEOPLE ARE COMING OFF

THEIR DIABETES MEDICATIONS

OR CUTTING THEM IN HALF.

PEOPLE ARE SAYING, I JUST

THINK MY ENERGY LEVELS ARE

SO MUCH BETTER THAN THEY

WERE IN YEARS.

Efrem: YOU ALSO HAVE

SPOKEN OUT VERY OFTEN IN

TERMS OF HEALTH TO THE

CHURCH, IN PARTICULAR.

SO I WANT TO END IT THERE.

YEAH.

Efrem: I GET

FRUSTRATED WITH THIS AS A

BELIEVER.

FORTUNATELY MY PASTOR IS

ACTUALLY TRAINED IN THE

MEDICAL PROFESSION AS

WELL, BUT WE TEND TO NOT

BE SO HEALTHY SOME TIMES.

I THINK IT IS

TRADITION, THE WAY OUR

CHURCHES HAVE BEEN.

CHURCHES ARE PLACES OF

COMFORT AND WARMTH.

AND UNHEALTHY FOODS TEND

TO BE COMFORTABLE AND

WELCOMING.

I'M NOT GOING TO KNOCK THE

CHURCHES TOO HARD.

BUT WHAT I WILL SAY IS

CHURCHES ARE SO IMPORTANT

IN SO MANY PEOPLE'S LIVES

IN THE COUNTRY, AND

CHURCHES ARE A GREAT PLACE

FOR PEOPLE TO GET

MINISTRY, AND NOT JUST

SPIRITUAL MINISTRY OR

FINANCIAL MINISTRY, BUT

ALSO HEALTH MINISTRY.

SO I CHAMPION AND

ENCOURAGE AND BECKON

CHURCHES TO REALLY BE

SERIOUS ABOUT THE HEALTH

OF YOUR PARISHIONERS

BECAUSE WITHOUT HEALTH,

YOU HAVE NOTHING.

AND SO, YOU KNOW, A BROKE

BODY CAN'T SERVE GOD,

RIGHT?

Efrem: NO.

YEAH, SO I THINK

CHURCHES CAN DO A BETTER

JOB.

AND I THINK THEY ARE.

I WANT TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT

TO MY PASTOR IN CHICAGO,

FROM FELLOWSHIP, AND HE

AND I RECORDED A VIDEO

TOGETHER.

OWE PASTOR JENKINS ISN'T

THE GREATEST WORKOUT GUY,

AS YOU CAN SEE ON OUR

VIDEO, BUT HE WANTS TO

PASTOR HIS CONGREGATION

AND HIS FLOCK THAT THEY'RE

HEALTHY, TOO, AND NOT JUST

WALKING AND SPIRIT WITH

HIM.

HE WANTS THEM TO WALK IN

HEALTH, TOO.

Efrem: THANK YOU SO

MUCH FOR ANSWERING YOUR

CALL AS WELL.

WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

THANK YOU FOR HAVING A

CHANCE FOR ME TO TALK TO

YOU.

Efrem: SHRED THE

SUGAR.

IT COULD LITERALLY SAVE

YOUR LIFE.

> STILL AHEAD ON "STUDIO

5"...

HEY, MARK.

* TROUBLE MAY COME

*

*

Efrem: WE GO BEHIND

THE SCENES OF THE NEW

FILM, "A QUESTION OF

FAITH."

*

Efrem: AND WELCOME

BACK TO "STUDIO 5."

THE COUNTDOWN OF THE BEST

IN UPLIFTING ENTERTAINMENT

NEWS CONTINUES WITH NUMBER

THREE.

AT NUMBER THREE...

*

* I CAN'T DO THIS ON MY

OWN *

Efrem: LE CRAE TOPS

THE "STUDIO 5" LIST OF

FIVE MUSIC TOURS YOU MAY

WANT TO CATCH THIS FALL.

HIS "ALL THINGS WORK

TOGETHER" ALBUM DROPS ON

FRIDAY, AND THE 24-CITY

TOUR KICKS OFF

OCTOBER 4th.

> MATTHEW WEST BEGINS

HIS 30-CITY "ALL IN" TOUR

THIS WEEK,

SEPTEMBER 21st.

> KIM WALKER SMITH

BEGINS HER "ON MY SIDE"

TOUR SEPTEMBER 25th.

*

Efrem: WITH THE

NUMBER ONE GOSPEL ALBUM IN

THE COUNTRY, TASHA COBB

LEONARD IS ON TOUR RIGHT

NOW.

AND GRAMMY AWARD WINNERS

AMY GRANT AND MICHAEL W.

SMITH ARE TUNING UP FOR

CHRISTMAS WITH A FULL

SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA,

TOURING 22 CITIES

BEGINNING NOVEMBER 11th.

> AT NUMBER TWO...

* OH, SO PRICELESS

Efrem: LUKE SMALLBONE

IS THANKING FANS FOR

PRAYERS.

HE AND HIS WIFE HAD A

SCARE WITH THEIR

TWO-MONTH-OLD.

HE STOPPED BREATHING.

FOLLOWING PRAYERS, C.P.R.,

AND A TRIP TO THE E.R.,

THE COUPLE POSTED A

PICTURE WITH THEIR SON 48

HOURS LATER, SAYING ALL

TESTS CAME OUT CLEAR.

LITTLE OLIVER WILL

UNDERGOING SKULL SURGERY

AT SOMEPOINT, BUT IT IS

UNRELATED TO THE BREATHING

EPISODE.

* OH, SO PRICELESS

Efrem: WITH THAT,

THERE IS ONLY ONE MORE

REMAINING IN THE

COUNTDOWN.

THAT ALSO BRINGS US TO

WHAT IS NEW AT THE BOX

OFFICE.

THIS NEXT FILM HAS KIM

FIELDS, GREGORY ALLEN

WILLIAMS, AND THE LIST

DOES, INDEED, GO ON.

HERE IS YOUR FIRST LOOK AT

"A QUESTION OF FAITH."

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN

SOMEONE LOSES SOMEONE AND

THEY NEED GOD'S WORD TO

BRING THEM COMFORT?

WHO IS GOING TO DO IT,

YOU?

WE HAVE ONE FAMILY THAT

IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN

ORGAN TRANSPLANT, AND A

ANOTHER FAMILY IS GOING TO

DEAL WITH A TRAGEDY.

AND YOU HAVE ANOTHER

FAMILY THAT DEALS WITH THE

CATASTROPHE.

IN THIS FILM, WE SHOW YOU

HOW TO BUILD YOURSELF BACK

UP EVEN IN THE WORST

TIMES.

WE EACH HAVE TO GO THROUGH

A JOURNEY TO UNDERSTAND

WHY THESE EVENTS HAPPEN.

HERE YOU GO.

* IF YOU BELIEVE

*

* I JUST CAN'T STOP

PRAISING HIS NAME *

* I JUST CAN'T STOP

PRAISING HIS NAME *

THE MOVIE STARS KIM

FIELDS, C. THOMAS HOWELL.

RENEE O'CONNELL PLAYS HIS

WIFE.

AND WE HAVE GREG ALLEN

WILLIAMS.

MY CHARACTER IS A

PASTOR TURNING OVER HIS

CHURCH TO HIS SON.

AND TRAGEDY STRIKES, AND

HE BECOMES THE SPIRITUAL

CENTER FOR THAT FAMILY.

Efrem: IS IT

SOMETHING EASY FOR YOU TO

TAP INTO?

IS IT SOMETHING YOU GREW

UP WITH?

WHAT IS IT?

IT IS EASY BECAUSE I

HONOR IT.

I REMEMBER THOSE

MINISTERS.

BISHOP TINDREL, BISHOP

GOODMAN, AND PASTOR

CROFTMAN.

ALL OF THE ANSWERS ARE

RIGHT THERE.

WHEN I READ THE SCRIPT,

I THOUGHT IT WAS SUCH A

DYNAMIC STORY.

AND THE FACT THAT IT WAS

FAITH-FRIENDLY BUT NOT,

YOU KNOW, JUST HITTING YOU

OVER THE HEAD WITH IT.

AND NOT BEING SHY OR SOFT

ABOUT VERY STRONG ISSUES

AND TOPICS.

AND JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE A

PERSON OF FAITH, IT

DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T GO

THROUGH A LOT OF DIFFICULT

MOMENTS IN LIFE.

HE SUFFERED A DRAMATIC

BRAIN INJURY.

I'M REMANDING YOU TO

THE JUVENILE DETENTION

CENTER.

I PROMISE YOU I'LL DO

EVERYTHING I CAN.

LOOK WHERE THIS HAS

GOTTEN US.

I DON'T WANT YOUR

PROMISES.

I WANT A SECOND OPINION.

WHEN I READ THIS

SCRIPT, I THOUGHT IT WAS

JUST A PHENOMENAL SCRIPT.

AND SELFISHLY SPEAKING, TO

BE ABLE TO CREATE --

BREATHE LIFE INTO A

CHARACTER, LIKE TERESA,

WHERE SHE HAS GOT A LOT OF

DRAMATIC MOMENTS AND

REALLY CHALLENGING

ISSUES -- I THINK THIS

FILM IS DEFINITELY NEEDED

FROM THE STANDPOINT OF

SOME OF ITS PREDECESSORS,

LIKE "WAR ROOM," AND YEARS

AGO, "FIREPROOF," WE'RE

SEEING PEOPLE OF FAITH OR

PEOPLE THAT TAP INTO THEIR

SPIRIT, THEIR

SPIRITUALITY, THEY WANT

INSPIRATION AND THEY WANT

RELATABLE CHARACTERS IN

VERY REAL SITUATIONS AND

CIRCUMSTANCES.

Efrem: "A QUESTION OF

FAITH" IS IN AMERICAN

THEATERS THIS WEEK.

IT BEGINS ITS RUN

SEPTEMBER 28th.

> JUST MOMENTS AWAY ON

"STUDIO 5"...

THIS YOUNG MAN'S EMOTIONAL

JOURNEY ESCAPING IRAN AND

Efrem: AND WELCOME

BACK TO "STUDIO 5."

IT IS NOW TIME FOR NUMBER

ONE IN THIS WEEK'S

COUNTDOWN OF THE BEST IN

UPLIFTING ENTERTAINMENT

NEWS.

AT NUMBER ONE...HOUSTON IS

A CITY IN CRISIS, AND NOW

A CITY OF ISLANDS.

AS HOUSTON RESIDENTS

CONTINUE THEIR LONG

RECOVERY FROM HURRICANE

HARVEY, LAKEWOOD CHURCH

AND JOEL OSTEEN MINISTRIES

IS SERVING UP A

MUCH-NEEDED BREAK FOR

FAMILIES.

KICKING OFF ITS NEW

MONTHLY MOVIE NIGHT, WITH

THE SCREENING OF THE FILM

"THE STRAY," BEFORE IT

HITS THEATRES.

WE HAVE A SERIES OF

FILMS COMING TO LAKEWOOD,

AND THIS IS THE FIRST ONE.

OUR HOPE IS PEOPLE CAN GET

AWAY FROM THE TROUBLES

THEY'RE SEEING AND SIT

BACK AND RELAX AND ENJOY

AN EVENING OF

ENTERTAINMENT.

Efrem: AND IN THE

AUDIENCE AT THIS SCREENING

IS THE FILM-MAKER, MITCH

DAVIS.

SO YOU GET TO PREMIERE

YOUR FILM HERE AT LAKEWOOD

CHURCH IN A VERY TIMELY

PERIOD, WHERE FAMILIES DO

NEED TO COME TOGETHER.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT

DOING THIS?

WHAT THEY'RE DOING HERE

BY FOCUSING ON FAMILIES

AND FILMS THAT WORK FOR

FAMILIES, TO ME IT IS

EXTRAORDINARY.

Efrem: AND THAT WRAPS

UP THE COUNTDOWN OF THE

BEST IN UPLIFTING

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS.

AND IT BRINGS US TO OUR

NEXT GUEST.

AMIN SAFARI.

HE IS A RAP ARTIST.

HE AND HIS FAMILY FLED

FROM IRAN BECAUSE OF

PERSECUTION.

WHEN HE MADE IT TO THE

U.S., HE FELL IN LOVE WITH

RAP MUSIC AND USED IT TO

LEARN ENGLISH.

HE IS THIS WEEK'S "STUDIO

5's" ONE TO WATCH.

THE VOICE OF "A" MINOR IS

AMIN SAFARI.

AT JUST FOUR, HE AND HIS

FAMILY FLED THEIR HOME IN

IRAN AND MOVED TO TURKEY.

WHAT WAS LIFE LIKE IN

TURKEY?

IT WAS NOT FUN AT ALL.

IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT.

WE WERE REFUGEES.

AND, ONE, WE ESCAPED FROM

IRAN'S GOVERNMENT, SO THE

GOVERNMENT WAS LOOKING FOR

US IN TURKEY.

AND SINCE LATER WE BECAME

CHRISTIANS, THE TURKISH

PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE

CHRISTIANITY.

THEY STILL DON'T.

SO THEY WOULD KICK US OUT

OF THE HOUSES.

SO THAT'S WHY WE HAD TO

MOVE 28 TIMES.

Efrem: 28 TIMES.

YOU MOVED 28 TIMES?

YEAH.

THERE WERE MANY TIMES WE

HAD TO SLEEP IN PARKS, YOU

KNOW.

IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT.

Efrem: WHEN YOU LEFT

IRAN, YOUR DAD BECAME A

CHRISTIAN IN JAIL.

WHEN DID YOU BECOME A

CHRISTIAN?

I BECAME A CHRISTIAN

WHEN I SAW THE

TRANSFORMATION.

I SAW MY DAD TURN FROM A

CRIMINAL TO A PASTOR.

THAT WAS ALMOST, LIKE,

UNBELIEVABLE.

HOW COULD THIS VIOLENT MAN

TURN SOFT.

AND I SAW MY SISTER GET

HEALED WHEN SHE HAD A 99%

CHANCE OF DEATH.

SO WHEN I SEE MIRACLES

LIKE THAT, IT IS ALMOST

IMPOSSIBLE TO DENY GOD'S

EXISTENCE.

AND THEN I WENT TO SEMINAR

AND CONFERENCES AND CAMPS,

AND I GOT MORE INFORMATION

ON IT.

AND I WAS, LIKE, WOW THIS

IS THE REAL THING.

HOW COULD I NOT BELIEVE

THAT.

Efrem: AMIN LEFT

TURKEY FOR AMERICA AT AGE

13 AND SETTLED IN

CALIFORNIA.

WE STAYED THERE FOR A

YEAR AND A HALF.

AT THE TIME, I DIDN'T

SPEAK ENGLISH AT ALL.

Efrem: YOU'RE STORY

IS AMAZING.

I'M REALLY CURIOUS, WHEN

DOES THE MUSIC THING

HAPPEN FOR YOU?

WHEN DOES THAT CONNECTION

HAPPEN ON THIS JOURNEY?

RIGHT.

WELL, THE MUSIC WAS KIND

OF RANDOM BECAUSE WHEN I

FIRST CAME HERE, I DIDN'T

SPEAK ENGLISH AT ALL, LIKE

I SAID.

AND I ALWAYS HAD THIS

THOUGHT, LIKE, WHAT AM I

GOING TO DO?

WHAT IS MY GOAL?

I HAD NO GOAL OR PURPOSE

IN LIFE.

SO I WOULD ALWAYS PRAY,

GOD, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME

TO DO?

SO WHEN I FINISHED MIDDLE

SCHOOL, WHEN I STARTED

HIGH SCHOOL, GOD WOKE ME

UP.

AND HE WAS, LIKE, I WANT

YOU TO DO MUSIC.

AT THE TIME, I DIDN'T KNOW

ANYTHING ABOUT MUSIC.

I THOUGHT MUSIC WAS JUST A

WASTE OF TIME.

I NEVER EVEN LISTENED TO

MUSIC THAT MUCH.

ONLY AT CHURCH.

BUT, YEAH, HE TOLD ME TO

DO MUSIC.

AND I WAS, LIKE, BUT I

DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT

MUSIC.

HE WAS, LIKE, TRUST ME.

Efrem: AMIN SAYS HIS

MUSIC IS INFLUENCED BY

ARTISTS LIKE JAY-Z AND

KANYE.

AND THEN HE TOLD ME NOT

TO DO CHRISTIAN MUSIC,

WHICH WAS VERY WEIRD TO

ME.

HE WAS, LIKE, I DON'T WANT

YOU TO DO CHRISTIAN MUSIC

BECAUSE CHRISTIAN MUSIC IS

FOR CHRISTIANS.

AND HE DOESN'T WANT ME TO

PREACH TO CHRISTIANS.

HE WANTS ME TO REACH

PEOPLE WHO AREN'T

CHRISTIANS.

HE WANTS ME TO REACH

EVERYONE.

Efrem: AMIN'S DEBUT

PROJECT, " A MINOR," MINOR," HAS

RELEASED.

> STILL TO COME, A

MILLIONAIRE GIVES IT ALL

AWAY TO CARE FOR ORPHANS.

Efrem: AND WELCOME

BACK TO "STUDIO 5."

WE ARE JUST ABOUT OUT OF

TIME FOR THIS WEEK'S SHOW.

SO LET'S TAKE A LOOK AHEAD

TO WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON

FOR YOU NEXT WEEK.

THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY

GOING TO TAKE YOU ALL THE

WAY TO KENYA.

I BECAME A STREET BOY.

I WALKED THERE.

Efrem: YOU GO FROM

BEING A BEGGER TO A

MILLIONAIRE.

SOMETIMES IT IS SO HARD

FOR ME TO LEVEL IT AT THAT

LEVEL.

BUT I CAN ACKNOWLEDGE IT

AND SAY, YES, THE LORD

REALLY LIFTED ME SO HIGH

THROUGH HIS RIVER, THROUGH

THE SMALL BUSINESS THAT I

STARTED.

I WAS REALLY TORMENTED BY

THIS INDUSTRY.

I SAW FACES.

AND I COULD NOT WATCH.

I CRIED, WHY IS IT THAT

GOD WANTS TO TAKE ME BACK

AGAIN?

I WILL NEVER, EVER WORK

FOR MONEY AGAIN.

Efrem: AND THAT IS

JUST ONE STORY FROM NEXT

WEEK'S RUNDOWN.

I CERTAINLY HOPE YOU WILL

JOIN US RIGHT HERE IN

"STUDIO 5" FOR THAT.

> RIGHT NOW, AS FOR THE

FINAL WORD FOR THIS SHOW,

I WANT TO GO BACK TO

SOMETHING WE LEARNED AT

THE VERY BEGINNING.

DR. IAN SMITH TALKED ABOUT

THE FACT THAT SUGAR CAN BE

INSTANTLY SATISFYING ON

THE TONGUE, BUT TOO MUCH

OF IT CAN LEAVE SOME

LIFE-LONG DANGERS.

IT REMINDS ME, YOU REALLY

NEED TO BE CAREFUL WHAT

YOU CONSUME, NOT JUST IN

YOUR BODY, BUT IN YOUR

MIND AND IN YOUR HEART,

BECAUSE IT COULD, INDEED,

HAVE LIFE-LONG-LASTING

EFFECTS.

UNTIL NEXT TIME, REACH OUT

AND TOUCH ME AT EFREM

GRAHAM ON Facebook,

TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, AND

SNAPCHAT, AND YOU COME ON

BACK AND SEE WHERE "STUDIO

5" TAKES YOU NEXT WEEK.

WE'LL SEE YOU THEN.

"PROMOS," SEPTEMBER 20,

2017.

EMBED THIS VIDEO

Related Podcasts


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network