The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

The 700 Club - November 8, 2017

He’s the two-time Grammy winner who began a second career. Gospel music’s Smokie Norful joins us live. Plus, our diet isn’t just killing us, it’s committing genocide. Health expert Dr. Joel Fuhrman explains. Read Transcript


Wendy: COMING

UP...THE CULPRIT THAT HAS

BEEN LINKED TO DRUG

ADDICTION, VIOLENCE, AND

CRIME.

OUR DIET ISN'T JUST

KILLING US, IT IS

COMMITTING GENOCIDE.

HEALTH EXPERT DR. JOEL

FURHMAN EXPLAINS.

AND THEN...THE TWO-TIME

GRAMMY-WINNER WHO BEGAN A

SECOND CAREER.

SMOKIE NORFUL JOINS US

LIVE.

> PLUS...WHY THIS WOMAN

IS CELEBRATING AFTER FOUR

YEARS OF PAIN.

IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF

MY LIFE.

Wendy: ON TODAY'S

"700 CLUB."

*

Pat: WELL, IT'S THE

DAY AFTER AN ELECTION IN

VIRGINIA AND NEW JERSEY.

AND THE REPUBLICANS GOT

SCUNKED.

I MEAN SCUNKED BIG TIME.

THE LEGISLATURE IS NOW UP

FOR GRABS. THEY HAD IT

BEFORE.

CRISTIE'S MAN IN NEW

JERSEY WAS SWAMPED.

THE SOCIALIST WON BIG IN

NEW YORK STATE.

I THINK IT IS SOMETHING

ELSE.

IT IS A WAKEUP CALL FOR

THE REPUBLICANS.

AT LEAST THE PRESIDENT, HE

HAS GOT TO DO SOMETHING TO

SHORE UP HIS BASE, AND IT

LOOKS LIKE THOSE PEOPLE

ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO

DELAY THE TAX CUT, THE

CORPORATE TAX CULT, AS CUT, AS MUCH

AS A YEAR.

SHOCKING.

AND WENDY IS HERE TO TELL

US SOMETHING.

Wendy: AS EXPECTED,

THE DEMOCRATS ALSO WON THE

RACE FOR GOVERNOR IN NEW

JERSEY.

CAITLIN BURKE BRINGS US

THIS STORY.

Reporter: TO MAJOR

GUBERNATORIAL RACES, TWO

DEMOCRATIC WINS.

VOTERS POTENTIALLY

SHIFTING MOMENTUM TO THE

LEFT.

IT WAS A BIG NIGHT FOR

DEMOCRATS, AND REALLY IT

WAS REPUDIATION OF SORTS

OF THE TRUMP NATIONALIST

MESSAGE.

Reporter: IN NEW

JERSEY, PHIL MURPHY

SOUNDLY BEAT REPUBLICAN

LIEUTENANT-GOVERNOR KIM

LUDAGNA, AS EXPECTED.

BUT THE VIRGINIA RACE WAS

EXPECTED TO BE VERY CLOSE,

WITH POLLS SHOWING A

TIGHTENING RACE IN THE

FINAL DAYS.

IN THE END, RALPH NORTHAM

DEFEATED REPUBLICAN ED

GILLESPIE.

THE DEMOCRATS NOT ONLY ONE

THE GUBERNATORIAL RACE,

BUT ALSO TOOK MORE THAN A

DOZEN VIRGINIA HOUSE OF

DELEGATES SEATS.

RECOUNTS COULD POSSIBLY

GIVE CONTROL OF THE

LEGISLATURE TO THE

DEMOCRATS.

AND THE INCOMING GOVERNOR

TOOK A SUBTLE SHOT AT

PRESIDENT TRUMP.

VIRGINIA HAS TOLD US TO

END THE DEVISIVENESS, THAT

WE WILL NOT CONDONE HATRED

AND BIGOTRY, AND TO END

THE POLITICS THAT TORN

THIS COUNTRY APART.

Reporter: THE

PRESIDENT, MEANWHILE, IS

DISTANCING HIMSELF FROM

GILLESPIE, WRITING ON

TWITTER: ED GILLESPIE

WORKED HARD, BUT DID NOT

EMBRACE ME OR WHAT I STAND

FOR."

HOWEVER, THE RACE FOCUSED

ON MANY OF THE THEMES THAT

TRUMP RAN ON, INCLUDING

CRIME AND IMMIGRATION.

VIRGINIA VOTERS ALSO MADE

HISTORY BY ELECTING THE

FIRST OPENLY TRANSGENDER

STATE LEGISLATURE, DANICA

ROEM.

PRESIDENT TRUMP TWEETED

ABOUT ECONOMIC GROWTH AND

PROMISING REPUBLICAN

VICTORIES IN THE FUTURE.

CAITLIN BURKE, CBN NEWS.

Pat: , THANKS, THANKS, CAITLIN.

THIS IS A SAD TODAY IN THE

REPUBLICANS' RACE.

ED GILLESPIE RAN A SUPERB

RACE, AND HE HAD ABOUT 20

ISSUES IN TALKING POINTS

THAT HE LAID OUT.

ESSENTIALLY WHAT HAPPENED

IS THERE IS SO MUCH AN

ANTIPITHY AGAINST TRUMP

BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY

FEDERAL WORKERS IN LOUDOUN

COUNTY.

AND TRUMP SAID I'M GOING

TO CUT BACK ON WASHINGTON,

AND THAT'S A KNIFE IN THE

HEART OF MANY OF THE

LIVELIHOODS OF MANY OF

THESE PEOPLE.

> IN OTHER NEWS,

REPUBLICANS IN THE SENATE

ARE REPORTEDLY CONSIDERING

A MAJOR CHANGE IN THE TAX

CUT BILL.

LET'S SEE WHAT THAT IS ALL

ABOUT.

Efrem: PAT, SENATE

G.O.P. LEADERS ARE

CONSIDERING A DIFFERENT

APPROACH TO TAX OVERHAUL

THAN THOSE IN THE HOUSE.

THE "WASHINGTON POST"

REPORTS THEY'RE

CONSIDERING A BILL THAT

WOULD POST OPPONENT

CUTTING THE CORPORATE TAX

RATE BY A YEAR, UNTIL

2019, AND DO AWAY WITH THE

STATE AND LOCAL TAX

EXEMPTIONS, AND KEEP

EXISTING TAX BRACKETS.

THE IDEA BEHIND THE CHANGE

IS TO KEEP THE TAX CUT

FROM ADDING TO THE

NATIONAL DEBT.

SENATORS TED CRUZ AND

MARCO RUBIO SAY CHANGES

ARE NEEDED BECAUSE THE

HOUSE PLAN HELPS THE

WEALTHY MORE THAN THE

MIDDLE CLASS.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS

GOING TO MEAN, PAT?

Pat: I THINK IT WOULD

BE A DISASTER TO DELAY

THIS.

BUT YOU SEE IN VIRGINIA,

FOR EXAMPLE, THE WINNING

DEMOCRATS RAN AGAINST THE

FACT THAT THE REPUBLICANS

HAD OPPOSED THE OBAMACARE.

THEY DIDN'T SAY WHY THEY

DID IT, AND IN THE SPOTS,

THEY WANT TO TAKE AWAY

YOUR HEALTH CARE.

THAT'S ALL IT SAID.

INSTEAD OF OF THE FACT THE FACT THEY

WERE GOING TO REPLACE THIS

WITH SOMETHING MUCH

BETTER.

BUT IT DIDN'T COME OUT

THAT WAY.

AND THE SAME THING, IF

THEY DO HALF-HEARTED

MEASURES WITH THIS TAX

CUT.

BUT THE THING EVERYBODY IS

TALKING ABOUT, WE NEED TO

HAVE PARITY WITH THE OTHER

NATIONS.

WE HAVE THE HIGHEST TAX

RATE THAN ANY OTHER NATION

ON EARTH, AND IT HAS TO BE

FIXED.

NOW THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT

DELAYING THAT CUT FOR A

YEAR.

AND WHAT IS GOING TO

HAPPEN?

THE DEMOCRATS ARE GOING TO

DEMOGOGUE THAT, AND

THEY'LL PITCH IT IN SPOTS,

LIKE THE REPUBLICANS WANT

TO FAVOR THE RICH, ETC.,

ETC., INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY

SAYING WHAT THE THING IS

ALL ABOUT.

A BIG, BIG MISTAKE, BUT

THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT

DOING IT, AND THEY'RE ALSO

TALKING ABOUT A SPECIAL

HIGH RATE FOR HIGH EARNERS

THAT WOULD BE A CAVE-IN TO

THE SOCIALISTS.

IT JUST UNBELIEVABLE.

IF THEY KEEP IT UP,

THEY'RE GOING TO LOSE BIG

TIME.

AND THAT'S NOT A GOOD

THING FOR THEM.

EFREM?

Efrem: PAT, POLICE

REPORTS REVEAL THE GUNMAN

WHO KILLED MORE THAN TWO

DOZEN IN SUTHERLAND

SPRINGS, TEXAS, WAS MORE

POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS THAN

THEY INITIALLY THOUGHT.

DEVIN KELLEY ESCAPED FROM

A MENTAL HEALTH CENTER IN

NEW MEXICO IN 2012.

HE HAD BEEN TREATED IN A

FACILITY AFTER BEING

PLACED UNDER PRE-TRIAL

CONFINEMENT.

TO SURVIVORS SAID THAT

KELLEY WENT LOOKING FOR

VICTIMS DURING THE

SHOOTING, AND EVEN SHOT

CRYING BABIES AT

POINT-BLANK RANGE.

VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE

AND HIS WIFE ARE

TRAVELLING TO TEXAS TODAY

TO MEET WITH THE VICTIMS

AND THEIR FAMILIES.

> PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS A

SHARP WARNING TO NORTH

KOREAN LEADER KIM JONG-UN:

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE

UNITED STATES.

THE PRESIDENT DELIVERED

THAT MESSAGE IN A SPEECH

TO SOUTH KOREAN LAWMAKERS.

President Trump: I

ALSO HAVE COME HERE TO

THIS PENINSULA TO DELIVER

A MESSAGE DIRECTLY TO THE

LEADER OF THE NORTH KOREAN

DICTATORSHIP.

THE WEAPONS YOU'RE

ACQUIRING ARE NOT MAKING

YOU SAFER; THEY ARE

PUTTING YOUR REGIME IN

GRAVE DANGER.

NORTH KOREA IS NOT THE

PARADISE YOUR GRANDFATHER

ENVISIONED.

IT IS A HELL THAT NO

PERSON DESERVES.

WE WILL NOT PERMIT

AMERICA, NOR OUR ALLIES,

TO BE BLACKMAILED OR

ATTACKED.

WE WILL NOT ALLOW AMERICAN

CITIES TO BE THREATENED

WITH DESTRUCTION.

Efrem: PRESIDENT

TRUMP TRIED TO VISIT THE

DEMILITARIZED ZONE BETWEEN

NORTH KOREA AND SOUTH

KOREA, BUT FOG AND BAD

WEATHER INTERFERED.

THE PRESIDENT IS IN CHINA

TODAY, WHERE HE IS

EXPECTED TO PRESS THE

PRESIDENT TO HELP END

NORTH KOREA'S NUCLEAR

PROGRAM.

PAT?

Pat: IT WAS AN

INTERESTING THING.

I DEPUTY THINK H DIDN'T THINK HE SHOULD

GO TO THE D.M.Z., AND

APPARENTLY THE LORD

THOUGHT THE SAME THING

BECAUSE HE COULDN'T GET

HIS HELICOPTER IN THERE

SAFELY.

THERE ARE A LOT OF

MOUNTAINS TO NORTH KOREA,

AND TO BRING A HELICOPTER

IN THE FOG WOULD BE JUST

SUICIDE, SO THEY DIDN'T DO

IT.

AND I'M GLAD.

THERE MAY HAVE BEEN AN

ATTEMPT ON HIS LIFE.

AND WE DIDN'T NEED THAT.

SO HE HAS BEEN -- HE SAID

HE MADE AN ATTEMPT TO DO

IT, AND IT WAS FRAWS FRUSTRATED

BY THE WEATHER.

I'M GLAD BECAUSE I DON'T

WANT TO LOSE OUR

PRESIDENT.

Wendy: I WAS PRAYING

FOR HIM, TOO, A LOT.

I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT

THAT.

YOU KNOW, HE IS A LOT LIKE

YOU, PAT.

HE LIKES TO GO INTO THE

DANGER ZONES.

Pat: WELL, I LIKE TO

GO INTO THE DANGER ZONES,

WHERE THEY'RE HAVING A

WAR.

IT KIND OF RUNS YOUR

ADRENALIN AND DOES

SOMETHING.

BUT, AT THE SAME TIME, IN

HIS CASE --

Wendy: RIGHT, IN HIS

SHOES.

Pat: I WAS LOOKING IN

A PEEPHOLE UP IN THE

NORTHERN PART OF ISRAEL,

AND I WAS RIGHT ACROSS

FROM A PALESTINIAN

STRONG-HOLD, AND I

THOUGHT, ALL THEY'VE GOT

TO DO IS TAKE ONE RIFLE

SHOT AND I'M A DEAD MAN

BECAUSE YOU'RE TOTALLY

VULNERABLE IN THOSE

PLACES.

THANK THE LORD OUR

PRESIDENT DID NOT GO

THERE.

BECAUSE I THINK KIM

JONG-UN MAY HAVE HAD A

SURPRISE FOR HIM THAT

WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TOO

PLEASANT.

ANYHOW, IT IS OVER.

HE HAS LEFT THERE.

HE MADE A SUPERB SPEECH.

HE WARNED THAT COUNTRY

ABOUT ANY ADVENTURES.

AND HE SAID, DON'T

UNDERSTAND ESTIMATE THE

UNITED STATES.

IT WAS VERY POWERFUL AND A

GREAT SPEECH.

WENDY?

Wendy: COMING UP, IF

YOU EAT FAST FOOD TWO TO

THREE TIMES A WEEK, YOU

INCREASE YOUR RISK OF

DYING FROM HEART DISEASE

BY 50%.

HEALTH EXPERT DR. JOEL

FURHMAN SHOWS HOW

PROCESSED FOOD IS KILLING

AMERICANS, AND WHAT WE CAN

DO ABOUT IT.

THAT'S NEXT.

*

Pat: WELCOME BACK TO

THIS EDITION OF "THE 700

CLUB."

WE'VE GOT A GUEST THAT IS

RATHER CONTROVERSIAL AND

INTERESTING -- WE CALL IT

FAST FOOD, PROCESSED FOOD.

SOME YOU'RE THE TERM "JUNK

FOOD."

AS WE ARE ABOUT TO FIND

OUT, IT IS NOT FOOD AT

ALL.

IT IS THE STUFF THAT IS

KILLING US.

OUR HEALTH REPORTER LORIE

JOHNSON EXPLAINS.

Lorie: WE'RE HEARD IT

BEFORE, WHAT SOME CALL

FAKE FOODS ARE BAD FOR OUR

HEALTH.

THAT HASN'T STOPPED US,

THOUGH, BECAUSE PROCESSED

FOODS ARE THE PRIMARY

SOURCE OF CALORIES IN THE

UNITED STATES.

AND THEY CAUSE DOZENS OF

SERIOUS, EVEN FATAL,

ILLNESSES.

EATING FAST FOOD TWO OR

THREE TIMES A WEEK

INCREASES THE RISK OF

DYING FROM HEART DISEASE,

WHICH IS THE LEADING CAUSE

OF DEATH IN AMERICA, BY

MORE THAN 50%.

BUT THE STANDARD AMERICAN

DIET DOES MUCH MORE.

IT IS LINKED TO THE MODERN

EPIDEMICS OF STROKE,

CANCER, AUTISM,

ALZHEIMER'S DEC DISEASE AND

CHRONIC ILLNESS.

FAST FOOD IS EVEN

INCREASELINKEDTO INCREASED DRUG

ADDICTION AND CRIME.

DR. JOEL FURHMAN SAYS WE

CAN TURN OR HEALTH AND

SOCIETY AROUND BY TURNING

BACK TO REAL FOOD.

HE TELLS US HOW IN HIS NEW

BOOK, "FAST FOOD GENOCIDE:

HOW PROCESSED FOOD IS

KILLING US AND WHAT WE CAN

DO ABOUT IT."

LORIE JOHNSON, CBN NEWS.

Pat: THANKS, LORIE.

THIS IS A RATHER ALARMING

BOOK.

IT IS CALLED "FAST FOOD

GENOCIDE."

DR. FURHMAN IS WITH US.

THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE.

THANK YOU.

IT'S A PLEASURE.

Pat: LOOK, YOU SOUND

AN ALARM THAT IS REALLY

STRIKING ABOUT THE FOOD WE

EAT.

WHAT IS IT THAT IS GOING

ON?

YOU KNOW, PEOPLE HAVE

TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION

BECAUSE IT IS ALARMING.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT IN

URBAN AREAS OF THE

COUNTRIES, SEVEN TIMES THE

RISK OF STROKE BEFORE AGE

45, PUTTING YOUNG PEOPLE

IN NURSING HOMES FOR THE

REST OF THEIR LIVES.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

COMPARING PEOPLE WHO ARE

OBESE AND DIABETIC WITH

EATING FAST FOOD WITH MORE

THAN 10 TIMES THE RISK OF

HEART ATTACK, AND NOW

SCIENTISTS CAL CLAILTING

THCALCULATING THEAMOUNT OF YEARS OF LIFE

LOST.

Pat: WHAT IS IT IN AN

URBAN DESERT -- WHAT DO

THEY EAT THAT IS OWE BAD SO BAD

FOR THEM?

IT IS PERMEATING ALL OF

AMERICA NOW.

THE MAJORITY OF CALORIES

NOW IN AMERICA IS FROM

FAST FOODS AND PROCESSED

FOODS.

BUT IN CERTAIN URBAN AREAS

IT IS EVEN WORSE BECAUSE

THERE IS NO SUPERMARKET

ACCESS.

OUR BRAIN NEEDS

ANTI-OXIDANTS, AND WITHOUT

THAT IT LOSES

INTELLIGENCE.

WE HAVE ONE IN FIVE

AMERICANS THAT HAVE MENTAL

ILLNESS THAT IS PRIMARILY

TRACED BACK TO NOT EATING

SUFFICIENT NUTRIENTS IN

THE FOOD.

Pat: WHERE DO YOU

FIND THESE PHYTO

CHEMICALS?

WELL, ALL COLORFUL

PLANTS HAVE PHYTO

CHEMICALS IN THEM, WHERE

PROCESSED FOODS DON'T.

I HAVE AN ACRONYM I MADE

UP.

AND THAT IS G-BOMBS.

GREENS, BEANS, ONIONS,

MUSHROOMS, BERRIES, AND

SEEDS.

IN OTHER WORDS, WE CAN --

NUTRITIONAL SCIENCE HAS

MADE INCREDIBLE ADVANCES.

WE DON'T HAVE TO HAVE

HEART ATTACKS AND STROKES.

WE CAN REVERSE DIABETES,

WE CAN LOWER THE BLOOD

PRESSURE, AND WE CAN

PREVENT CANCER, EVEN, AND

WE CAN SAVE THE BRAIN FROM

GETTING DEMENTIA, THROUGH

EATING RIGHT.

AND OUR POPULATION IS

MOVING IN THE OTHER

DIRECTION, MER MORE DEMENTIA,

MORE MENTAL ILLNESS, MORE

DIABETES AND MORE

DISEASES.

Pat: SO MANY PEOPLE

WHO ARE DEAR TO ME HAVE

SUFFERED CANCER AND SOME

HAVE DIED FROM CANCER.

IN YOUR BOOK, YOU POINT

OUT THE RISKS OF CANCER.

TALK ABOUT THAT.

PEOPLE SAY, JUST

MODERATE CONSUMPTION OF

FAST FOOD IS OKAY.

THEY UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE

TO EAT HEALTHIER, AND

PEOPLE AGREE IT CAUSES

OBESITY AND DIABETES, BUT

THEY DON'T SEE THE LINK

BETWEEN MENTAL ILLNESS AND

CANCER.

AND THE STUDIES SHOW THAT

ONE SERVING OF FRENCH

FRIES IN OIL THAT IS

HEATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN

CAUSES THESE CARCINOGENIC

CHANGES.

ONE SERVING A WEEK

INCREASES THE RISK OF

BREAST CANCER AND PROSTATE

CANCER BY OVER 30%.

WE KNOW IN THE SOUTH

PEOPLE ARE EATING TOO MUCH

FRIED FOOD, AND WHITE

FLOUR AND SUGAR -- EVEN

TWO SERVINGS A WEEK

INCREASE RISK OF

DEPRESSION BY MORE THAN A

THIRD.

IT GOES UP IN A

DOSE-DEPENDENT MANNER.

IT IS DOUBLING THE RISK OF

DEVELOPING CANCER.

Pat: EVERYBODY IN

THIS AUDIENCE IS EATING

THIS STUFF.

THERE IS NOT ONE HUMAN

BEING -- WITH THE POSSIBLE

EXCEPTION OF LORIE -- WHO

DOESN'T EAT THESE THINGS.

THAT'S WHY WE HAVE

ALMOST EVERYBODY IN

AMERICA DEVELOPS HEART

DISEASE, AND WE SEE IT AS

BEING NORMAL.

EVERYBODY IN AMERICA GETS

CANCER.

EVERYBODY IN THEIR FAMILY

IS GETTING IT.

IF YOU HAD EVERYBODY IN

YOUR FAMILY GETTING SHOT

BY A GUN, YOU WOULD SAY,

GET OUT OF THAT

NEIGHBORHOOD.

WE SEE IT AS COMPLETELY

NORMAL.

AND NOW ONE IN EVERY FIVE

AMERICANS HAVE MENTAL

ILLNESS OR PROBLEMS WHERE

THEY CAN'T CONCENTRATE.

THERE IS AN EXPLOSION IN

AUTISM AND LEARNING

DISABILITIES, AND WE DON'T

TRACE IT BACK TO THE

CAUSE.

Pat: SO MANY OF THE

DOCTORS WE HAVE HAD ON

THIS PROGRAM HAVE

EMPHASIZED THE FACT WE

SHOULDN'T EAT SUGAR.

THAT SUGAR AND WHITE FLOUR

ARE THE CULPRITS.

THAT WE HAVE A METABOLIC

SYNDROME THAT SEEMS TO BE

TAKING OVER, AND IF WE EAT

PROTEIN AND SO FORTH,

WE'RE OKAY.

IN YOUR BOOK, YOU TAKE A

DIFFERENT TACTIC?

YES.

I'M AGREEING THAT SUGAR

AND WHITE FLOUR ARE VERY

DANGEROUS TO THE BRAIN AND

CAUSECAUSE THESE DISEASES --

THAT I'M AGREEING WITH.

ANIMAL PRODUCTS DO NOT

CONTAIN PHYTO CHEMICALS

AND ANTIOXIDANTS.

WHEN PEOPLE ARE REMOVING

THE PROCESSED FOODS AND

EATING MORE ANIMAL

PRODUCTS, THEY'RE STILL

NOT EATING ENOUGH

VEGETATION.

I ALWAYS SAY THE WIDE WHITER

THE BREAD, THE SOONER YOUR

DEAD.

AND THE MORE YOU EAT

GREEN, THE MORE YOU GET

LEAN.

THERE ARE

DELICIOUS-TASTING DESSERTS

MADE WITH FRUITS.

I HAVE A BANANA ICE CREAM,

MADE MY FROZEN BANANA WITH

REAL VANILLA BEAN POWDER,

BLENDED IN A BLENDER.

AND IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT

CHOCOLATE, YOU PUT COCOA

POWDER IN IT.

WHEN YOU SWEETEN THINGS

WITH REAL FRUITS, THERE IS

A DIFFERENT BIOLOGICAL

EFFECT, COMPARED TO

GETTING YOUR SWEETS FROM

ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS AND

OTHER SWEETENERS.

Pat: SOME PEOPLE

THINK, I'M NOT EATING

SUGAR, THEREFORE I'M OKAY.

BUT YOU SAY IT IS NOT THE

CASE.

WHY?

IT KEEPS YOU CRAVING

SWEETS.

BECAUSE ONCE YOU GET THOSE

SWEETENERS INTO THE

BLOODSTREAM, EVEN THE

ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS, IT

TRIGGERED DOPAMINE IN THE

BRAIN, WHICH DRIVES THE

CONSUMPTION OF CALORIES

AND SUGAR CALORIES.

WHEN YOU GET YOUR SUGAR

FROM HIGH FIBER FOODS,

LIKE BERRIES AND BANANAS,

IT PRODUCES THE GROWTH OF

BACTERIA IN THE GUT THAT

SLOWS THE A ABSORPTION OF

GLUCOSE, AND IT DOESN'T

MAKE YOU CRAVE SWEETS.

AND IT DOESN'T MAKE THE

PANCREAS SECRETE MORE

INSULIN.

AND HIGH INSULIN DRIVES

FAT STORAGE ON THE BODY.

AND THAT'S A PROMOTER OF

CANCER.

Pat: AND THAT LEADS

TO DIABETES --

RIGHT.

MY MESSAGE TO PEOPLE IS,

DON'T BE SATISFIED WITH

THAT DIAGNOSIS.

YOU CAN GET RID OF YOUR

DIABETES COMPLETELY.

DON'T JUST TREAT IT WITH

MEDICATION.

I'M PASSIONATE ABOUT

TELLING THE WORLD THEY CAN

REVERSE THEIR HIGH BLOOD

PRESSURE, REVERSE THEIR

DIABETES, GET OFF THE

DRUGS, AND NOT HAVE A

HEART ATTACK.

Pat: I LIKE THESE

BAGS OF FROZEN BERRIES.

IS THE FREEZING PROCESS

OKAY?

DOES THAT TAKE NUTRIENTS

OUT OF THE BERRIES?

NO.

IT IS FANTASTIC.

IT IS UNBELIEVABLE, THE

FACT THAT WE HAVE MODERN

SCIENCE THAT CAN ENABLE US

TO EAT WILD BLUEBERRIES

ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.

WHEN YOU FREEZE THEM,

YOU -- NUMBER ONE, YOU

MAINTAIN THE BENEFICIAL

NUTRIENTS, AND IT IS ONE

FORTH THE PRICE.

AND THE FRESH BERRIES,

THEY HAVE TO PUT FUNGICIDE

ON THEM OR THEY GO BAD

QUICKLY, AND THE FROZEN

ONES DON'T HAVE FUNGICIDES

ON THEM.

AND IT IS MUCH MORE

ECONOMICAL.

Pat: HOW ABOUT NUTS?

I'M A BUG ON -- ARE THERE

ANY PARTICULAR KIND OF

NUTS THAT ARE BETTER THAN

OTHERS?

WALNUTS IN PARTICULAR

ARE MOST PROTECTIVE FOR

THE BRAIN AND THE HEART.

BY FLAX SEEDS HAVE

PROTECTION AGAINST BREAST

CANCER AND PROSTATE

CANCER.

THEY FOLLOWED WOMEN WHO

HAD BREAST CANCER FOR 10

YEARS, AND THOSE WHO EIGHT

FLAXSEED HAD A LOWER RISK

OF BREAST CANCER.

Pat: SO A HANDFUL OF

SEEDS -- WHAT KIND OF

SEEDS?

EVEN A TEASPOON -- ONE

TEASPOON OF FLAX SEEDS HAS

SEVEN MILLIGRAMS OF LIGNAN

IN IT.

JUST FIVE OR SIX WALNUT

HALVES PROTECTS YOUR BRAIN

AND HEART AGAINST CARDIAC

ARRHYTHMIAS.

SO WE'RE SAYING A SMALL

AMOUNT.

AND A SMALL AMOUNT OF NUTS

WITH A SALAD AND GREEN

VEGETABLES, IT FACILITATES

THE PHYTO CHEMICALS.

THEY NEED THE NUTS AND

SEEDS TO MAXIMIZE THEIR

ABSORPTION INTO YOUR BODY.

Pat: IS THERE

ANYTHING THAT WE'RE EATING

THAT WE THINK IS GOOD FOR

US THAT REALLY IS?

OIL.

POURING OIL ON OUR FOOD

BECAUSE OIL IS

120 CALORIES PER

TABLESPOON.

EVERY TYPE OF OIL, WHEN

YOU HEAT IT, IT CAUSES

CARCINOGENIC CHANGES.

AND IT IS LIKE PUTTING FAT

ON YOUR BODY.

WHEN YOU EAT NUTS AND

SEEDS, THOSE CALORIES ARE

TELLING YOU TO EAT LESS OF

OTHER FOODS.

THE BODY IS NOT WANTING

MORE CALORIES.

BUT WHEN YOU EAT OIL,

BECAUSE THERE IS NO BULK,

NO FIBER, AND NO

SIGNIFICANT NUTRIENT LOAD,

IT MAKES YOU CRAVE MORE

CALORIES, AND NOT LESS,

AND IT MAKES FOR A GROWING

WAISTLINE.

Pat: WHAT ABOUT EGGS?

ARE EGGS GOOD OR BAD?

THERE ARE IS A LINK

BETWEEN PEOPLE WHO EAT

EGGS AND DEVELOPING

DIABETES.

WE'RE NOT SURE OF THE

FACTORS.

THERE IS A LOT OF INSULIN

RESISTANCE BY EATING

CHOLESTEROL IN EGG YOLKS.

I THINK EGGS ARE SOMETHING

PEOPLE HAVE TO BE CAREFUL

OF, ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE

OVERWEIGHT OR PRONE TO

DIABETES.

Pat: I'M TRYING TO

THINK OF SOME OF THE OTHER

THINGS THAT ARE OUT THERE.

BEANS -- WHAT KIND OF

BEANS?

LIMA BEANS?

IS THERE A BETTER KIND OF

BEAN THAT YOU RECOMMEND?

YES.

AND I'M THANKING YOU FOR

PUTTING UP BEANS BECAUSE

THEY GET A BAD WRAP

SOMETIMES.

BUT BEANS HAVE BEEN SHOWN

TO EXTEND HUMAN LIFE

SPANS.

BEANS ARE RICH IN

RESISTANT STARCH, WHICH

MEANS THEY FUEL THE

HEALTHY BACTERIA IN THE

GUT TO LOWER THE GLYCEMIC

EFFECT OF EVERYTHING YOU

EAT.

THE BEST BEANS ARE AZUKI

BEANS, BLACK-EYED BEANS

AND LENTILS, TOO.

ALMOST ALL OF THE BEANS

ARE SCORED ON A HIGHER

SCALE OF QUALITY AND THEY

HAVE THE MOST FIBER.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

REGULAR BEANS.

THEY HAVE THE MOST FIBER

AND THE MOST RESISTANT

STARCH, AND THE MOST

SLOWLY DIGESTABLE

CARBOHYDRATES, WHICH MEANS

IT DOESN'T SPIKE INSULIN.

Pat: WITH BEANS AND

CORN, YOU HAVE PRETTY MUCH

A BALANCED PROTEIN?

THAT'S CORRECT.

THEY'RE GREAT FOR

ATHLETES.

THEY GIVE YOU ENERGY ALL

DAY.

THEY TAKE AWAY YOUR

APPETITE.

YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE OVER

EATING FOOD ANYMORE.

I WOULD SAY THAT EATING

BEANS IS PROBABLY THE

HIDDEN SECRET TO HUMAN

LONGEVITY.

Pat: I LOVE BEANS.

I THINK BEANS ARE

WONDERFUL.

ABSOLUTELY.

AND THEY'RE NOT EXPENSIVE.

THE TWO RAW FOODS PEOPLE

EAT TO PROMOTE THE GOOD

BACTERIA IN THE GUT -- THE

TWO RAW FOODS ARE GREEN

VEGETABLES, LIKE LETTUCE

AND SCALE AND UNION, AND

THE TWO COOKED FOODS ARE

BEANS AND MUSHROOMS, BOTH

COOKED.

YOU STILL GET THE

ANTI-CANCER EFFECTS

COOKED.

THE LECTINS AND BAD PARTS

ARE DESTROYED BY COOKING.

MUSHROOMS HAVE AROMA TASTE

INHIBITORS.

MUSHROOMS HAVE NATURAL

AROMA TASTE I INHIBITORS

THAT PREVENT THE BREASTS

FROM BREAST CANCER.

ONE STUDY SHOWED A 64%

LOWER RATE OF BREAST

CANCER IN THOSE WOMEN

EATING MUSHROOMS

REGULARLY.

Pat: JUST A REGULAR

MACHINE ROOM?

REGULAR MUSHROOMS.

Pat: DO YOU COOK

THEM?

IT IS BETTER TO COOK

THEM.

THROW A GREAT THAI CURRIE

SAUCE ON THEM.

IT PREVENTS BREAST CANCER

AND LOWER RATES OF

PROSTATE CANCER.

MUSHROOMS MAY HAVE THE

MOST NUTRIENTS IN THE

WORLD, AND THEY HAVE PHYTO

CHEMICALS.

Pat: WHAT DO YOU

THINK ABOUT THE PREBIOTICS

AND PROBIOTICS TYPE OF

THING?

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING

ABOUT WITH THOSE TWO

COOKED AND TWO RAW.

THEY THICKEN THE FILM OF

BACTERIA THAT LOWERS THE

GLYCEMIC EVENT OF EVERY

FOOD YOU EAT.

WHEN YOU EAT PROBIOTICS,

IT DOESN'T TAKE UP

RESIDENCY IN THE GUT.

Pat: FAST FOOD

GENOCIDE -- WHAT DO YOU

SAY -- YOU SAY WE'RE

KILLING OURSELVES.

NUTS, BERRIES, BEANS,

FRESH VEGETABLES --

THAT'S RIGHT.

Pat: -- AND WE'LL ALL

STAY HEALTHIER AND LEAN

AND HAPPY.

WE HAVE AN

UNPRECEDENTED OPPORTUNITY

IN HUMAN HISTORY WITH THE

ADVANCES OF NUTRITIONAL

SCIENCE.

WE CAN LIVE LONGER, WE

CANNOT GET DEMENTED, AND

WE CAN LIVE TO BE 100

YEARS OLD WITHOUT HEART

ATTACK AND CANCERS.

AND PEOPLE ARE NOT TAKING

ADVANTAGE OF THE SCIENCE

THAT IS AVAILABLE TO

EVERYBODY TODAY.

Pat: DOCTOR, I

APPRECIATE WHAT YOU'VE

DONE.

I'M 87, AND I'M GOING TO

100.

"FAST FOOD GENOCIDE," READ

IT, FOLKS.

HE HAS ALL KINDS OF

RECIPES IN HERE.

BERRIES AND NUTS AND

BEANS -- I'M ALL FOR IT.

DOCTOR, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

IT'S A PLEASURE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Pam: OKAY.

WENDY, BE HEALTHY,

DARLING.

Wendy: THE WHITER THE

BREAD, THE SOONER YOU'RE

DEAD.

> COMING UP LATER, A

LIVE PERFORMANCE FROM

SMOKIE NORFUL.

PLUS, LEARN WHAT TURNED

THIS POPULAR PERFORMER

INTO A PASTOR.

FIRST...

THEY SAID IT IS

PRESSING AGAINST MY SPINE.

IT IS EXCRUCIATING PAIN.

I COULDN'T EVEN WALK.

Wendy: SEE HOW A

MIRACLE GETS THIS WOMAN

BACK ON HER FEET, AFTER

THIS.

Pat: CAITLIN WAS A

BUSY MOM WITH A BUSY JOB,

TAKING CARE OF THE SICK.

UNTIL ONE DAY HER CAR GOT

REAR-ENDED, AND SUDDENLY

SHE WAS THE ONE WHO NEEDED

HELP.

Reporter: CAITLIN

E WALD IS A SINGLE MOTHER

OF THREE AND A HOME HEALTH

CARE PROVIDER.

SHE SPENT MOST OF HER TIME

CARING FOR OTHERS, UNTIL

ONE DAY, WHEN SHE WAS

REAR-ENDED AT A STOPLIGHT.

AS SOON AS I WENT TO

GET OUT TO SEE WHAT IS

HAPPENING, I PUT MY FOOT

ON THE FLOOR, AND THERE

WAS EXCRUCIATING PAIN.

I COULDN'T EVEN WALK.

Reporter: SHE WENT TO

SEE A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY.

HE PRESCRIBED PAIN

MEDICATION, AND SENT HER

TO A SPECIALIST FOR

PHYSICAL THERAPY AND

INJECTIONS, BUT NOTHING

GAVE HER RELIEF.

THEY TOLD ME I HAVE AN

INFLAMED DISC, AND THE

DISC WAS EXPRESSING

AGAINST MY SPINE.

THEY TOLD ME I COULDN'T DO

ANY LIFTING, ANY BENDING,

BECAUSE IT MAKES IT WORSE.

SO I HAD TO TAKE OFF FROM

WORK, AT LEAST FOR THREE

MONTHS.

I COULD NOT DRIVE.

SITTING WAS VERY BAD FOR

ME.

GETTING OUT OF THE CAR WAS

VERY BAD FOR ME BECAUSE

EVERY TIME I PUT MY FOOT

DOWN, THE PAIN IS RIGHT

THERE.

SO IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE.

Reporter: LATER,

CAITLIN TRIED A RISKY BACK

SURGERY, BUT IT WAS A

TEMPORARY FIX.

KETTLYN KNEW HER KIDS

DEPENDED ON HER, EVEN IF

SHE DEPENDED ON GOD FOR

HELP.

I HAD TO GO BACK TO

WORK.

I'M A SINGLE MOTHER.

I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE,

JESUS IS MY STRENGTH.

WITHOUT HIS STRENGTH, I

WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO MY

JOB AND TAKE CARE OF MY

KIDS.

Reporter: KETTLYN

REALIZED WHAT SHE REALLY

NEEDED WAS A MIRACLE.

SHE FOUND HOPE IN WATCHING

"THE 700 CLUB" EVERY DAY.

FOR THE LAST FOUR

YEARS, I'VE BEEN WATCHING

CBN.

EVERY TIME WHOEVER WAS ON

THE SHOW PRAYED, MY KNEES

ARE GOING TO BE ON THE

FLOOR, BECAUSE I'M

EXPECTING FOR GOD TO TOUCH

ME.

AND GOD DID.

I WENT ON THE FLOOR WHILE

GORDON WAS PRAYING, AND

THEN HE GIVES THE WORD OF

KNOWLEDGE --

Gordon: THE INJURY IS

ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND IT

IS CAUSING RECURRING PAIN.

YOU ARE CURED AND YOU ARE

HEALED NOW IN JESUS' NAME.

WHEN I HEARD THAT, MY

HANDS WERE UP, THANKING

LORD JESUS.

THANK YOU FOR HEALING ME.

I GOT UP AND STARTED

PRAISING GOD AND DANCING.

IT WAS THE BEST, BEST DAY

OF MY LIFE.

AND SINCE THAT DAY, NO

PAIN.

NO PAIN.

GOD IS GOOD.

Reporter: NOW KETTLYN

IS FREE TO ENJOY THE

THINGS SHE LOVES AND CAN

WORK MORE HOURS TO PROVIDE

FOR HER FAMILY.

SHE SAYS OBEDIENCE AND

FAITH WERE KEY TO HER

HEALING.

SOMETIMES WE THINK GOD

IS SO FAR AWAY, THAT HE IS

NOT HERE WITH US.

JESUS SAYS, I WILL NEVER

LEAVE YOU.

YOU HAVE TO CONTINUE TO BE

OBEDIENT AND BELIEVE THAT

GOD IS GOING TO PROVIDE.

Pat: GOD IS GOING TO

PROVIDE.

WHAT A WONDERFUL

TESTIMONY.

HERE ARE SOME REPORTS THAT

HAVE COME TO US ON OUR

TELEPHONES.

MARSHA, WHO LIVES IN BAY

CITY, MICHIGAN, HAD BEEN

LIVING WITH A PAINFUL

ULCER IN HER STOMACH FOR A

LONG TIME.

SHE HAD A HARD TIME EATING

AND DRINKING.

LAST YEAR, WHILE SHE WAS

WATCHING "THE 700 CLUB,"

SHE HEARD WENDY SAY,

QUOTE," THERE IS SOMEONE

WHO HAS AN ULCER.

GOD IS TOUCHING YOU IN

YOUR ABDOMEN AREA AND

YOU'RE BEING HEALED."

AFTERWARDS, MARSHA FELT A

PULLING IN HER STOMACH.

SHE STOOD UP AND WALKED

AROUND, AND FIVE MINUTES

LATER, THE ULCER WAS

COMPLETELY GONE.

Wendy: SYDNEY, FROM

ALBERTA, ALABAMA, HAD A

VERY BAD FALL IN A STORE.

SHE STARTED HAVING SEVERE

MIGRAINE HEADACHES.

THE DOCTORS FOUND THAT THE

C-1, C-2, C-3, AND C-4

VERTEBRAE WERE DAMAGED.

SHE WAS WATCHING "THE 700

CLUB," AND PAT, SHE HEARD

YOU GIVE A WORD OF

KNOWLEDGE SAYING, "SOMEONE

WITH A NECK MUSCLE THAT IS

TWISTED, IT WILL POP INTO

PLACE."

SYDNEY SAID, THAT IS MINE.

SHE STARTED PRAISING THE

LORD, AND THE PAIN WAS

GONE AND SHE HAD NOT HAD

ANY MIGRAINES SINCE THAT

DAY.

Pat: I WENT TO A

FRIEND'S SHOW, AND LO AND

BEHOLD.

> WE'RE GOING TO PRAY

RIGHT NOW FOR YOU.

THE BIBLE SAYS IF TWO OF

YOU WOULD AGREE ON EARTH

TOUCHING ANYTHING, IT WILL

BE DONE FOR THEM BY MY

FATHER IN HEAVEN.

GOD IS SO POWERFUL.

HE CAN HEAL YOUR DIABETES.

HE CAN HEAL YOUR CANCER.

HE CAN HEAL YOUR TUMORS.

HE CAN HEAL YOUR SORROWS.

HE CAN HEAL EVERYTHING

YOU'VE GOT WRONG WITH YOU

BECAUSE HE IS THE CREATOR,

AND HE MADE YOU AND HE

WILL FIX YOU.

AND WE'RE GOING TO JOIN

HANDS.

I'LL TAKE THE HAND OF MY

DEAR CO-HOST HERE, AND

WE'RE GOING TO PRAY

TOGETHER.

Wendy: THANK YOU.

Pat: FATHER, IN

JESUS' NAME WE PRAY

TOGETHER RIGHT NOW FOR THE

ANOINTING OF YOUR HOLY

SPIRIT.

SOMEBODY IS COUGHING.

YOU'RE ACTUALLY COUGHING

UP BLOOD.

IT LOOKS LIKE

TUBERCULOSIS, AND GOD IS

HEALING YOU.

YOU'LL FEEL LIKE A HEAT

GOING THROUGH YOUR LUNGS,

LIKE A BLOW TORCH, AND YOU

ARE COMPLETELY HEALED IN

JESUS' NAME.

Wendy: THERE IS

SOMEONE SUFFERING FROM

SEVERE COMPLICATIONS FROM

DIABETES.

AND GOD IS HEARING YOUR

CRIES RIGHT NOW.

LIFT YOUR HANDS RIGHT NOW,

GOD IS TOUCHING YOU.

YOU'RE BEING HEALED RIGHT

NOW IN JESUS' NAME.

Pat: THERE IS SOMEONE

WITH YOUR RIGHT KNEE THAT

IS SWOLLEN AND INFLAMED.

PUT YOUR HAND ON YOUR KNEE

RIGHT NOW IN THE NAME OF

JESUS, AND YOU WILL FEEL A

TOUCH OF GOD AND YOU WILL

BE COMPLETELY HEALED.

MOVE YOUR LEG, MOVE IT

AROUND, AND YOU ARE

TOTALLY HEALED.

THE PAIN IS GONE.

WENDY?

Wendy: THERE IS

SOMEONE WITH, LIKE,

CHRONIC DI DIARRHEA.

AND IT'S THE NOT GOING

AWAY.

GOD IS HEALING YOU RIGHT

NOW.

AND THERE IS SOMEONE WITH

A VERY PAINFUL, SORE LEFT

EYE, AND GOD IS TOUCHING

YOU NOW AND GOD IS HEALING

YOU NOW IN JESUS' NAME.

JUST RECEIVE IT NOW.

Pat: THERE IS SOMEONE

CRYING OUT TO GOD, THERE

IS SO MUCH SORROW.

GOD HAS HEARD YOUR PRAYER.

MARCY, IT IS YOURS, IN

JESUS' NAME.

AMEN.

AND AMEN.

WHEREVER YOU ARE, LET US

HEAR FROM YOU.

THE TELEPHONE NUMBER IS

1-800-700-7000.

THAT'S OUR NUMBER.

800 IS TOLL-FREE.

IT DOESN'T COST YOU

ANYTHING TO CALL IN.

TELL US WHAT GOD HAS DONE

FOR YOU.

WE LOVE TO HEAR THE

ANSWERS, AND WE ALSO LOVE

TO GET YOUR PRAYER

REQUESTS.

SO WE HAVE SOME GOOD

THINGS.

AND WE HAVE SOMETHING ELSE

COMING UP THAT IS GOOD.

WENDY?

Wendy: GRAMMY-WINNING

RECORDING ARTIST SMOKIE

NORFUL TELLS HOW TO TAKE

THE LID OFF AND EXPERIENCE

GOD'S BEST FOR YOUR LIFE.

SHE JOINS US LIVE, LATER

ON TODAY'S "700 CLUB."

Efrem: AND WELCOME

BACK TO "THE 700 CLUB."

THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE

DAME HAS REVERSED ITSELF

AND WILL NOW CONTINUE TO

PROVIDE FREE BIRTH CONTROL

COVERAGE TO ITS EMPLOYEES.

THAT'S A CHANGE FROM WHAT

THE SCHOOL TOLD ITS

FACULTY AND STAFF LAST

WEEK.

THE UNIVERSITY HAD THOUGHT

INSURANCE COMPANIES WOULD

DISCONTINUE THE FREE

COVERAGE, BUT HAS LEARNED

IT WILL CONTINUE.

NOTRE DAME HAS IT EVEN

TOUGHER BECAUSE IT IS A

CATHOLIC SCHOOL.

IT RECOGNIZES THE

PLURALITY OF CONVICTIONS

AMONG ITS EMPLOYEES.

> TODAY CBN NEWS' ONLINE

SHOW, "FAITH NATION," WILL

HAVE A SPECIAL ON THE

TEXAS CHURCH SHOOTING.

FOX AND FRIENDS HOST BRIAN

KILNY TALKS ABOUT COVERING

THE STORY.

AND JERRY FALWELL, JR.

WEIGHS IN ON THE CHURCH'S

ROLE IN THE GUN CONTROL

DEBATE.

YOU CAN SEE "FAITH NATION"

BEGINNING AT 12:30 EASTERN

TODAY.

THAT'S Facebook.COM/CBN

NEWS.

REMEMBER, YOU CAN ALWAYS

GET THE LATEST FROM CBN

NEWS BY VISITING OUR

WEBSITE AT cbn.com WE

HAVE MUCH MORE OF "THE 700

CLUB" COME MANY RIGHT

AFTECOMING UP RIGHTAFTER THIS.

AFTECOMING UP RIGHTAFTER THIS.

Wendy: SMOKIE NORFUL

SAYS HIS GRANDMOTHER WAS

THE BEST COOK WHOEVER

LIVED.

SHE ALSO INSPIRED THE

TITLE OF SMOKIE'S NEW

BOOK.

TAKE A LOOK.

Reporter: BY 2004,

GOSPEL ARTIST SMOKIE

NORFUL WAS AT THE HEIGHT

OF HIS CAREER.

HE WON A GRAMMY IN 2005

AND WAS LIVING THE DREAM,

BUT HE FELT LIKE SOMETHING

WAS MISSING IN HIS LIFE.

AND AFTER RECORDING IN THE

STUDIO ONE DAY, HE DECIDED

TO START A CHURCH.

TODAY SMOKIE IS THE SENIOR

PASTOR OF VICTORY WORSHIP

IN CHICAGO, WHICH MEETS ON

THREE CAMPUSES.

IN 2013, HE WON HIS SECOND

GRAMMY.

IN HIS BOOK "TAKE THE LID

OFF," SMOKIE SHARES WHY HE

SAID YES TO MINISTRY AND

MUSIC, AND OFFERING TIPS

ON LIVING LIFE WITHOUT THE

LIMITATIONS.

Wendy: AND PLEASE

WELCOME TO "THE 700 CLUB"

FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME,

SMOKIE NORFUL.

IT IS GREAT TO MEET YOU.

GREAT TO MEET YOU, AS

WELL.

Wendy: YOU GREW UP A

PREACHER'S KID AND EVEN

WENT TO SEMINARY, BUT ALL

YOU REALLY WANT TO DO WAS

SING.

UNTIL 2005.

WHAT HAPPENED?

IT WAS A PROGRESSION.

I WOULD SAY 2005 WAS WHEN

IT STARTED TO ACCUMULATE,

BUT I KNEW THE ENTIRE

COURSE OF MY LIFE THAT

THERE WAS SOMETHING

GREATER, IT WAS A HUGE

CALL, AND I HAD THE

CAPACITY TO REACH PEOPLE.

AND I WAS IN LOVE WITH THE

GOSPEL.

AND 2005 WAS THE POINT

WHEN I SAID YES.

AND IT WAS A MAJOR CAREER

CHANGE.

EVERYTHING I EVER ASKED

GOD FOR, I WAS LIVING IN.

SO IN 2005, FOR ME TO TURN

THE CORNER AND GIVE HIM

THAT INCREDIBLE YES,

REALLY WAS LIFE-ALTERING

FOR ME AND THE THOUSANDS

AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER

PEOPLE THAT I WAS ABLE TO

REACH AND BRING TO THE

KINGDOM OF GOD WITH THE

GOSPEL MESSAGE.

Wendy: FOR TWO YEARS

IN A ROW, YOU WERE

BILLBOARD'S NUMBER ONE

GOSPEL ARTIST.

TWO OF YOUR ALBUMS WENT

GOLD.

YOUR DREAM CAME TRUE.

WHY WERE YOU MISERABLE?

WELL, OUTSIDE OF THE

WILL OF GOD, THERE IS NO

PEACE.

YOU'LL ALWAYS BE SEARCHING

FOR SOMETHING.

THAT'S WHY PEOPLE ARE

CONTINUING TRYING TO FIND

SOMETHING TO FILL A VOID

OR VACANCY THAT IS LEFT,

THAT WILL ALWAYS BE LEFT

OUTSIDE OF THE CREATOR,

OUTSIDE OF THE PERSON WHO

GIVES US OUR PURPOSE.

Wendy: THE DESTINY.

THE DESTINY,

ABSOLUTELY.

I WAS WALKING IN MY DREAM,

BUT I WASN'T WALKING

NECESSARILY IN HIS WILL.

Wendy: BUT YOU WERE

SO GIFTED AND GOOD AT IT.

IT HAD TO BE PART OF YOUR

DESTINY.

ABSOLUTELY, IT IS PART

OF IT.

I THINK THAT IS THE

PROBLEM WITH MANY OF US,

IS WE GET STUCK ON ONE

PART AND FORGET THAT GOD

IS A COMPLETE GOD, A WHOLE

GOD.

HE IS A BIG GOD AND HE HAS

GREAT DREAMS, GREATER THAN

WE COULD EVEN DREAM FOR

OURSELVES.

Wendy: SMOKIE, WHAT

DID YOU DISCOVER ABOUT THE

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOD'S

BLESSINGS AND GOD'S

PURPOSES.

SOMETIMES WE CONFUSE

HIS FAVOR AND THE BLESSING

OF GOD IN OUR LIVES FOR

HIS INTENTIONALITY OR HIS

DESTINY OR HIS PURPOSE FOR

OUR LIVES.

FINDING THE DIFFERENCE OR

UNDERSTANDING THAT IT WAS

BIGGER THAN THE THING THAT

I WAS ACQUIRING OR THE

CLAIM OR THE FAME OR THE

CELEBRITY OR THE TRINKETS

AND TRAPPINGS THAT COME

WITH, YOU KNOW, YOU

GETTING THE DESIRES OF

YOUR HEART.

BECAUSE HE SAYS, IF YOU

DELIGHT YOURSELF IN ME, I

WILL GIVE YOU THOSE

THINGS.

FOR ME, IT WAS

UNDERSTANDING THAT THEY

COME WITH RESPONSIBILITY.

Wendy: EARLY ON, I

UNDERSTAND YOU WANTED TO

START A BIBLE STUDY, BUT

SOMEONE DISCOURAGED YOU.

WHAT HAPPENED?

I THOUGHT THAT MY

COMPRISE -COMPROMISE -- ALL OF A

SUDDEN BECAUSE OF MY

FAITHFULNESS TO HIM, HE IS

EXTRAORDINARY UNTIL

FAITHFUL TO ME, AND HE

BLESSED ME, BLEW IT UP,

AND MY COMPROMISE WAS,

OKAY, GOD, THIS PREACHING

THING, I'LL JUST TEACH A

BIBLE STUDY.

BUT YOU CAN'T BARGAIN WITH

GOD.

ULTIMATELY, I HAD TO GIVE

HIM THAT YES.

Wendy: YOU WOUND UP

PLANNING A CHURCH AND

BECOMING A PASTOR IN

CHICAGO.

YOU ARE FROM ARKANSAS, BUT

YOU SOMEHOW ENDED UP IN

CHICAGO.

TELL US ABOUT THAT?

I WENT TO CHICAGO TO

ATTEND SEMINARY.

I'M A COUNTRY MOUSE IN A

BIG CITY.

I ENDED UP PLANNING THE

CHURCH.

AND THE BIBLE STUDY -- IT

IS CRAZY HOW GOD WORKS.

HE IS WONDERFULLY

MASTERFUL IN HIS PLAN.

THE BIBLE STUDY TURNED

INTO HUNDRED AND THEN 200,

AND MORE PEOPLE.

ULTIMATELY, I SAID, OKAY,

GOD, LET ME QUIT PLAYING

WITH YOU, AND, OF COURSE,

I PLANNED THE CHURCH, AND

MY WIFE AND I ARE NOW

PASTORING A MAJOR

CONGREGATION IN CHICAGO

LAND.

Wendy: LET'S TALK

ABOUT YOUR GRANDMOTHER AND

HER COOKING.

HOW DOES HER COOKING

RELATE TO THE TITLE OF

YOUR NEW BOOK, "TAKE THE

LID OFF"?

I'M FROM THE SOUTH,

AND, OF COURSE, I LIKE

RICE AND SWEET RICE --

Wendy: I HOPE YOU

LIKE BEANS, BECAUSE YOU

HEARD DR. FURHMAN.

DR. FURHMAN CONVICTED

MY HEART.

SO LET ME SAY I LIKE RICE

AND BEANS, ABSOLUTELY.

I LEARNED VERY QUICKLY YOU

NEVER PUT A LID ON THE TOP

OF A POT OF BOILING RICE.

SO I PUT A LID ON THE

RICE, AND IT ERUPTED.

AND I PANICKED, AND I

SAID, GRANDMOTHER, WHAT DO

I DO?

AND SHE YELLED ACROSS,

TAKE THE LID OFF.

AND I SAID, YOU DON'T

UNDERSTAND.

AND SHE SAID, TAKE THE LID

OFF.

WHEN I TOOK THE LID OFF,

IT SIMMERED DOWN AND THE

PRODUCT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

A LOT OF US ARE LIVING

WITH LIDS ON AND WE'RE

BOILING OUT OF CONTROL,

AND THIS WAS MY

OPPORTUNITY TO TELL THE

REST OF THE WORLD HOW TO

TAKE THE LID OFF.

Wendy: IS YOUR

GRANDMOTHER STILL WITH US?

NO.

SHE WENT ON TO BE WITH THE

LORD.

Wendy: BESIDES HER

RICE, WHAT WAS HER BEST

DISH?

OH, N OH, MY GOODNESS, WHAT

DID SHE NOT COOK WELL.

Wendy: YOU'RE ABOUT

TO SING A SONG FOR US CALL

"IMPERFECT ME," AND HOW

DOES THAT RELATE TO THE

MESSAGE OF YOUR BOOK?

NEEDLESS TO SAY,

EVERYBODY FEELS INADEQUATE

AT SOME POINT.

THE ENEMY BEATS US DOWN.

AND WE ALL HAVE TO BE

REMINDED OF WHO WE ARE.

WE HAVE TO TAKE THE LID

OFF PRETTY MUCH EVERY DAY.

AND THIS IS MY WAY OF

SAYING, EVEN IN AN

IMPERFECT VESSEL LIKE ME,

GOD HAS TAKEN THE LID OFF,

AND I'M ABLE TO LIVE A

FULL AND COMPLETE LIFE IN

HIM.

Wendy: WE'RE GLAD

YOU'RE STILL SINGING, AND

YOU'RE GOING TO BLESS US

RIGHT NOW.

SMOKIE, PLEASE MAKE YOUR

WAY OVE OVER THE TO THE TO THE STAGE AND

GET READY FOR THAT.

I'LL REMIND EVERYBODY,

WHILE HE IS DOING THAT,

THAT THE NAME OF SMOKIE'S

BOOK IS CALLED "TAKE THE

LID OFF."

AND HE HAS RECENTLY

RELEASED A 12-TRACK

DIGITAL ALBUM ONLY OF HIS

BEST CALLED "ONLY NOW."

AND NOW HERE IS SMOKIE

NORFUL.

* I TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE

REASON WHY *

* YOU, YOU USED MY LIFE

* AS A SIGN AND A GUIDING

LIGHT.

LIGHT *

* I'M A BIRD WITH ONE

WING, A SOUL WITH NO

MELODY *

* BUT SOMEHOW I SING

BECAUSE OF HOW YOU SEE

ME *

* WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT I

DON'T *

* AND HOW DO YOU STILL

HEAR THAT SONG INSIDE OF

ME *

* I SAY I'M WRONG, BUT YOU

SAY I'M FREE *

* HOW DO YOU SEE THE GOOD

IN IMPERFECT ME *

* HELPING SOMEBODY THAT

HAS LOST THEIR WAY *

* AND I HOPE THAT WHEN I

STUMBLE SOMEONE LEARNS

FROM MY MISTAKES *

* IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN

SEE ME THE WAY YOU DO *

* COULD YOU HELP ME

REALIZE *

* AND MAKE IT CLEAR

* WHY ME

* OH

* HOW DO YOU FEEL

* GIVE A SONG INSIDE OF

ME *

* I SAY I'M WRONG, BUT YOU

SAY I'M FREE *

* HOW DO YOU SEE THE GOOD

IN IMPERFECT ME *

* WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT I

DON'T *

* HOW DO YOU FEEL

* THERE IS A SONG DEEP

DOWN INSIDE OF ME *

* HOW DO YOU SEE THE GOOD

IN IMPERFECT ME *

* I'M SO GLAD YOU SEE THE

GOOD IN IMPERFECT ME *

[APPLAUSE]

Wendy: IT IS TIME FOR

HONEST QUESTIONS AND

HONEST ANSWERS.

IT IS TIME FOR YOUR

QUESTIONS AND HONEST

ANSWERS.

BRAD SAYS, "I'VE BEEN

LOOKING AT ONLINE DATING

SITES FOR A WHILE, AND

MOST WOMEN I'M ATTRACTEDED

TO ARE NOT RELIGIOUS.

IS IT OKAY AS A CHRISTIAN

TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS

NOT?"

Pat: THE BIBLE SAYS

THAT SHOULD A BELIEVER BE

YOLKED WITH AN

UNBELIEVER -- THE ANSWER

IS NO.

YOU -- AS BILLY GRAHAM

SAYS, IF ANYBODY MARRIES

AN UNBELIEVER, HE TAKES

SATAN AS HIS

FATHER-IN-LAW.

THE ANSWER IS NO.

DON'T GET INVOLVED IN

ONLINE DATING WITH

SOMEBODY WHO IS NOT A

CHRISTIAN.

YOU'RE ASKING FOR NOTHING

BUT TROUBLE.

FIND SOME LADY OR

GENTLEMAN, WHICHEVER YOUR

LOOKING FOR, WHO LOVES THE

LORD.

Wendy: THIS SAYS,

"DEAR, PAT, SHOULD I FEAR

REVELATION 28: 1, WHERE IT

SAYS THE MURDERERS, THE

SEXUALLY IMMORAL, THOSE

WHO PRACTICE MAGIC AND

IDOLTERS, WILL BE RESIGNED

TO THE LAKE OF SULFUR.

I ASK THIS BECAUSE I'M

TRAPPED IN PORNOGRAPHY AND

ENGAGING IN IMMORAL ACTS.

I'M 24 AND I'M UNMARRIED,

SO SHOULD I BE AFRAID?"

Pat: YOU SHOULD BE

TERRIFIED, AND I'M GLAD

YOU ARE.

THAT IS VERY EXPLICIT,

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.

BUT YOU SAY, I'M IMMORAL.

WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO,

SAY IT IS OKAY AND THAT

YOU'RE GOING TO BE ALL

RIGHT?

NO, YOU WON'T.

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?

THE BIBLE SAYS IT IS

BETTER TO GET MARRIED THAN

TO BURN WITH LUST.

I'M SURE THERE MUST BE

SOME LADY SOME PLACE THAT

WOULD BE A COMPANION FOR

LIFE FOR YOU.

YOU NEED TO STRAIGHTEN

YOUR ACT UP.

IF YOU GIVE YOURSELF OVER

TO LUST, THE BIBLE SAYS

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE

IT INTO THE KINGDOM.

I BELIEVE THE BIBLE.

AND THE BIBLE IS VERY

EXPLICIT ON THAT.

THE IMMORAL WON'T MAKE IT.

AND WE'RE SATURATED IN SEX

IN OUR SOCIETY RIGHT NOW,

SATURATED.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

WELL, YOU GET RIGHT WITH

THE LORD.

> WE LE LEAVE YOU WITH A

POWER MINUTE FROM THE

PSALM: "FOR YOU, LORD, ARE

GOOD AND ARE READY TO

FORGIVE, AND ABUNDANT IN

MERCY FOR ALL WHO CALL

MERCY FOR ALL WHO CALL

UPON YOU."

THANKS FOR BEING WERE YOU

WITWITH US.

EMBED THIS VIDEO

Related Podcasts


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network