The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

700 Club Interactive - January 4, 2018

Studio 5 host, Efrem Graham shares this week's top five trending stories from the world of entertainment. Read Transcript


Gordon: DIFFICULT

TIMES MIGHT TEMPT YOU TO

RUN AWAY FROM GOD, BUT

THAT'S THE OPPOSITE OF

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO.

EVANGELIST CHRISTINE CANE

SHARES HOW TO EMBRACE THE

TIMES OF WILDERNESS IN OUR

LIVES.

PLUS...

CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE

HAS TAUGHT YOU TO BELIEVE

WE NEED A PILL TO SLEEP.

Gordon: BEST-SELLING

AUTHOR SUZY COHEN GIVES US

TIPS TO GET THE BEST SLEEP

POSSIBLE THIS NEW YEAR, ON

TODAY'S "700 CLUB

INTERACTIVE."

> WELL, WELCOME TO THE

SHOW.

HERE IS EFREM GRAHAM WITH

THIS WEEK'S TOP FIVE FROM

"STUDIO 5."

Efrem: AT NUMBER

FIVE...

I LEAVE IN 20 SECONDS.

Efrem: THE 2017 BOX

OFFICE WAS FAVORABLE FOR

FAITH-BASED FILMS, WITH

MOVIES LIKE "THE SHACK"

EARNING MORE THAN

$57 MILLION.

WHERE IS MISSY?

MISSY!

I'M SCARED.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO

DO.

I EXPECTED A LEFT TURN.

Efrem: SONY'S

ANIMATED CHRISTMAS STORY

"THE STAR," PULLED IN MORE

THAN $40 MILLION.

WHERE DO YOU GO TO PLAY AN

ANIMATED MOTHER OF JESUS?

THERE YOU GO, WHERE DO

YOU RESEARCH?

Efrem: ROUNDING OUT

THIS "STUDIO 5" TOP FIVE,

"THE CASE FOR CHRIST" WITH

MORE THAN $14 MILLION.

"LET THERE BE LIGHT," WITH

A LITTLE MORE THAN

$7 MILLION.

AND "THE SAME KIND OF

DIFFERENT AS ME," ROUNDING

IT OUT WITH $6 MILLION.

I HAD A DREAM ABOUT YOU

LAST NIGHT.

Efrem: AT NUMBER

FOUR, WE LOOK AHEAD AT

2018.

ST. JAME'S CHURCH HAS

BECOME A BEACON OF

VIOLENCE AND CONTROVERSY.

AND IT HAS NO PLACE AT

THIS UNIVERSITY CAMPUS.

Efrem: "GOD'S NOT

DEAD: A LIGHT IN DARKNESS"

IS IN THEATERS MARCH

30th, AND CBN IS ONSET,

BREAKING SOME BIG NEWS.

> IS THIS THE FINAL ACT

FOR "GOD'S NOT DEAD"?

I THINK IT'S THE FINAL

ACT WHERE WE'RE AT.

WHETHER OR NOT THE

FRANCHISE GOES ON IN A

DIFFERENT WAY, I DON'T

KNOW, BUT IT CERTAINLY

COULD BE THE FINAL ACT FOR

REVEREND DAY FOR SURE.

Efrem: AND THIS WILL

BRING "I CAN ONLY IMAGINE"

FROM THE IRWIN BROTHERS.

IT IS AN AMAZING SONG.

IT TOOK ABOUT 10

MINUTES.

IT DIDN'T TAKE YOU 10

MINUTES; IT TOOK YOU A

LIFETIME.

Efrem: "STUDIO 5" IS

ONSET FOR THE FILMING OF.

*

"UNBROKEN: THE PATH TO

REDEMPTION."

LOU AND HIS WIFE ARE

COMING HERE TO THE TENTS

YOU SEE IN THE DISTANCE TO

HEAR AN EVANGELIST WHO HAS

NOT QUITE MADE A NAME FOR

HIMSELF ON THE CHRISTIAN

THEME, EVI EVANGELIST BILLY

GRAHAM.

> AT NUMBER THREE, TAYA

SMITH SHARED ON INSTAGRAM

SHE IS ENGAGED.

TAYA WROTE: "THE MOMENT WE

GET TIRED IN THE WAITING,

GOD'S SPIRIT IS RIGHT

ALONGSIDE OF US, HELPING

US ALONG."

HER POST PROMPTED MANY

WELL-WISHES FROM FANS,

INCLUDING JUSTIN BIEBER,

WHO WROTE: CONGRATS.

HOPE IT'S NOT TOO SOON.

> AT NUMBER TWO...

HI, EVERYBODY, I'M

STEPHEN BALDWIN.

Efrem: STEPHEN

BALDWIN IS ON A PI PILGRIMAGE

TO SIT DOWN WITH EVERYDAY

AMERICANS AND HOPEFULLY

START TO BRIDGE THE GAP.

THIS IS THE GREAT

AMERICAN PILGRIMAGE.

Efrem: WHAT DO YOU

THINK IS THE MOST PROFOUND

LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED ON

THE JOURNEY?

AT MY AGE, GOING TO

EIGHT CITIES IN FOUR WEEKS

AND PRODUCING 16 EPISODES

OF DOCU SERIES, DON'T TRY

THIS AT HOME.

Efrem: THE SERIES IS

AIRING ON THE R.H R.T. T.

NETWORK.

WE WANT TO KNOW WHO IS

RUNNING THE COUNTRY --

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM

WITH THAT.

Efrem: AT NUMBER

ONE...BONO GRACES THE

YEARS' FIRST COVER OF

"ROLLING STONE" MAGAZINE,

OPENING UP ABOUT HIS

NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE, HIS

FEAR AND HIS FAITH.

THE U-2 FRONTMAN TALKS

ABOUT PAUL'S WRITE WRITING ON

LOVE, SAYING, I'M LOOKING

FOR SOMEBODY LIKE PAUL,

WHO WAS IN PRISON, AND

WRITING THESE LOVE

LETTERS.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

IT'S AMAZING.

DO YOU PRAY?

YES.

TO WHOM AND WHAT DO YOU

PRAY?

TO CHRIST.

TO CHRIST.

AND WHAT DO YOU PRAY FOR?

I PRAY I GET TO KNOW

HIM.

Gordon: FOR ALL OF

THE LATEST IN

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS, JUST

CHECK OUT EFREM'S WEEKLY

SHOW, "STUDIO 5."

YOU CAN WATCH IT ONLINE

AT cbn.com/studio5..

> STILL AHEAD, HOW CAN

YOU MAKE 2018 YOUR BODY'S

BEST YEAR YET?

SUZY COHEN SHARES SEVEN

TIPS TO HELP YOU SLEEP

LIKE A BABY, SO DON'T GO

AWAY.

Gordon: SUZY COHEN IS

THE PHARMACIST WHO IS NOT

AFRAID TO STAND UP TO THE

DRUG COMPANIES.

SHE SAYS MANY OF WHAT THEY

SELL ACTUALLY ROBS YOUR

BODY OF WHAT IT REALLY

NEEDS.

IT CAN ALSO HARM YOUR

BRAIN.

WELL, NOW SUZY IS

REVEALING HOW YOU CAN GET

THE KIND OF SLEEP YOU WANT

AND NEED WITHOUT A SINGLE

PRESCRIPTION.

Reporter: SUZY COHEN

IS AMERICA'S MOST TRUSTED

PHARMACIST.

FOR MORE THAN TWO DECADES

SHE HAS EXPLORED THE USE

OF VITAMINS, MINERALS, AND

SUPPLEMENTS IN THE

TREATMENT OF MEDICAL

AILMENTS.

SHE PREFERS ALTERNATIVE

MEDICINES INSTEAD OF

SYNTHETIC DRUGS, TO HELP

THE BODY HEAL NATURALLY

WITHOUT HARMFUL SIDE

EFFECTS.

Gordon: SUZY IS WITH

US NOW.

WELCOME BACK TO THE SHOW.

IT IS GREAT TO HAVE YOU.

THANK YOU, GORDON.

Gordon: WHY IS SLEEP

SO IMPORTANT?

BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T

SLEEP, WE'LL DIE YOUNGER.

AND I DON'T KNOW ABOUT, IF

I DON'T SLEEP, I AM SUPER

CRANKY THE NEXT DAY.

Gordon: I TALK ABOUT

HIGH-PERFORMANCE PEOPLE

WHO SAY, I ONLY GET THREE

HOURS OF SLEEP A NIGHT,

AND I'M A HARD CHARGER,

BUT THEY'RE ACTUALLY

KILLING THEMSELVES?

EVENTUALLY THAT SLEEP

DEP PIRATION IDEPRIVATION IS GOING TO

CATCH UP WITH THEM FOR

SURE.

Gordon: WHAT ABOUT

CAFFEINE?

I'M OKAY WITH A LITTLE

CAFFEINE AS LONG AS YOUR

BLOOD PRESSURE ISN'T HIGH.

THERE ARE THE STUDIES THAT

SHOW THE BENEFITS OF A CUP

OF JO EVERY MORNING.

BUT IF YOU HAVE HIGH BLOOD

PRESSURE, IT WILL BE A

PROBLEM, AND IF YOU HAVE

ANXIETY, IT COULD TRIGGER

SOME PROBLEMS FOR YOU.

AND IF YOU HAVE TOO MUCH

CHOCOLATE OR CAFFEINE OR

SODA, TEA, AT NIGHT, IT

CAN INTERFERE WITH YOUR

SLEEP.

YOU NEED SLEEP.

THE BRAIN NEEDS TO TAKE A

"VACAY".

WE NEED TO PUT THE DEVICES

DOWN AND REST.

Gordon: I WENT

THROUGH REAL BAD SLEEP

ABOUT FIVE YEARS AGO, FOUR

YEARS AGO, AND DISCOVERED

I HAD APNEA, AND

EVERYTHING THAT WENT ALONG

WITH IT.

EVERYTHING YOU'RE

DESCRIBING, POOR MEMORY,

BAD ATTITUDE, REAL RAPID

WEIGHT GAIN.

I GAINED 40 POUNDS IN A

YEAR JUST BECAUSE I WASN'T

SLEEPING.

THE GOOD THING FOR ME IS

THAT I WENT TO A SLEEP

DOCTOR THAT DIDN'T BELIEVE

IN WHAT THE DRUG COMPANIES

WERE SELLING --

EXACTLY.

Gordon: AND HE SAID,

YOU HAVE TO SOLVE THIS

NATURALLY.

THAT'S WONDERFUL.

BECAUSE THE GO-TO

PRESCRIPTION IS USUALLY A

DRUG, LIKE AMBIEN, OR

SOMETHING LIKE XANAX OR

KLONOPIN, AND THESE DRUGS

ARE OKAY FOR MAYBE A WEEK,

BUT AFTER THAT, IT IS A

PROBLEM.

YOU CAN GET ADDICTED LIKE

THAT, AND THEY CAN DAMAGE

BRAIN RECEPTORS OVER TIME.

BUT THAT'S WHAT

CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE HAS

TAUGHT PEOPLE.

WE'VE BEEN BRAINWASHED TO

BELIEVE WE NEED A PILL TO

SLEEP.

SO YOU'RE VERY LUCKY.

Gordon: I THINK A LOT

OF AMERICANS, PARTICULARLY

THOSE WHO ARE OVER 50, ARE

DEALING WITH SLEEP ISSUES.

SO LET'S GET TO IT.

I'M CURIOUS, WHAT WAS

YOUR SOLUTION?

Gordon: COMPLETELY

ELIMINATING COFFEE.

I WAS DRINKING WAY TOO

MUCH COFFEE.

IT WAS ONE OF THOSE CYCLES

WHERE YOU LOSE SLEEP, SO

YOU NEED COFFEE TO GET

YOURSELF UP.

I HAD TO GET RID OF THE

CAFFEINE.

OKAY.

BECAUSE IT IS TAXING THE

ADRENALS.

Gordon: AND I DID

HIGH-DOSE MELATONIN, AND

THEN GOT OFF OF THAT.

AND OR APNEA, I HAD TO

OPEN MY AIRWAVES, SO A

SEAPACK MACHINE.

SO NOW I GET 7 1/2 TO 8

HOURS OF SLEEP, AND I FELL

BETTER.

AND YOU LOOK FANTASTIC.

GOOD FOR YOU.

IT IS GOOD THAT YOU'RE NOT

ON THE MELATONIN LONGER.

Gordon: HEAR THAT,

CATH

CATHERINE -- THAT'S MY

WIFE.

BECAUSE MELATONIN OVER

TIME WILL CRASH YOUR

CORTISOL LEVELS AND YOU'LL

FACE PLANT LATER IN THE

DAY.

HOPEFULLY WE CAN KICK IT

UP A NOTCH, AND MAYBE YOU

CAN TEXT ME AND SAY, I

SLEPT NINE HOURS TODAY.

Gordon: YAY, I LOST

40 POUNDS.

THAT'S THE NEXT GOAL.

THE FIRST THING I DO

WHEN I CRAWL INTO BED IS

WITH MY DEVICE -- MY

HUSBAND AND MY DEVICE.

I'M OFTEN STUDYING

JOURNALS AND TRYING TO

LEARN SOMETHING KNEW.

SO THIS IS A PAIR OF

BLUE-BLOCKING GLASSES.

WHAT HAPPENS IS WHEN

YOU'RE READING A DEVICE,

THOSE BLUE WAVE LENGTHS

ARE EMITTED, AND THEY

CRASH YOUR MELATONIN.

THEY SUPPRESS IT.

AND SO IF YOU DON'T MAKE

MELATONIN, YOU'RE NOT

GOING TO SLEEP.

Gordon: BECAUSE YOUR

BODY THINKS YOU'RE OUT IN

THE SUNLIGHT.

EXACTLY.

SO THOSE BLUE-BLOCKING

GLASSES, THEY ALLOW YOU TO

READ A DEVICE, LIKE

AN iPAD --

Gordon: THEY GET RID

OF GLARE.

EVERYTHING JUST WENT

ORANGE.

I DON'T THINK I LOOK GOOD

ANYMORE.

NO, YOU LOOK FINE IN

THOSE.

Gordon: I'M NOT

BELIEVING YOU.

I LOOK LIKE I BELONG IN

SOME SPACE MOVIE.

[LAUGHTER]

Gordon: ALL RIGHT.

SO YOU BLOCK THE BLUES.

AND ALL COMPUTER SCREENS

ARE GIVING OFF THAT BLUE

LIGHT.

SO IF YOU'RE READING THEM,

LOOKING AT THEM --

IT IS CRASHING

MELATONIN.

Gordon: -- IT IS

GOING TO INTERFERE WITH

YOUR WAY TO GO TO SLEEP.

AND YOU CAN IN INSTALL AN

APP THAT CHANGES THE COLOR

OF THE SCREENS.

Gordon: MANUFACTURERS

ARE CHANGING THINGS

BECAUSE THEY REALIZE THIS.

AND HERE IS ANOTHER --

HERE IS A SIMPLE TRICK.

Gordon: I DON'T WANT

TO LOOK FLY.

SO THIS IS LAVENDER,

AND HERE IS THE FRESH HERB

OF LAVENDER.

Gordon: WHAT'S THE

SECRET TO LAVENDER.

I KIND OF STUMBLED ALONG

THIS ACCIDENTALLY.

I STARTED TAKING WARM

BATHS AT NIGHT IN ORDER TO

RELAX MY MUSCLES TO GET TO

SLEEP.

AND I FOUND THE LAVENDER

EPSOM SALTS WERE

BEAUTIFUL.

IT REALLY KICKED IT UP.

THERE ARE TWO THINGS

GOING ON, AND WHEN YOU SAY

EPSOM SALTS, YOU'RE

REFERRING TO MAGNESIUM,

WHICH I HAVE ON THE TABLE.

THAT'S LIKE GETTING NAKED

WITH MAGNESIUM.

AND YOU CAN ALSO SWALLOW

IT IN A CAPSULE, LIKE

THIS.

AND IT RELAXES THE

MUSCLES.

IT IS A MINERAL THAT IS

LIKE A CHILL PILL.

IT HELPS RELAX THE MUSCLE.

Gordon: IS THERE A

NATURAL SOURCE OF MAG

MAGNESIUM.

WELL, MAGNESIUM IS A

NATURAL SOURCE.

Gordon: HOW ABOUT

FOOD?

BANANAS?

BANANAS AND SALADS.

I KNOW YOU LOVE TO COOK.

SO YOU CAN TAKE A BATH

WITH EPSOM SALTS OR YOU

CAN TAKE A TABLET.

Gordon: SHOULD YOU DO

A SLOW RELEASE?

I WOULD DO A NATURAL.

AND THE TRICK WITH

LAVENDER IS IT HITS SOME

OF THE SAME RECEPTORS AS

SOME OF THOSE DRUGS I

MENTIONED, LIKE THE GABA

RECEPTORS, AND IT IS

REALLY RELAXING.

Gordon: WHY IS GABA

SO IMPORTANT?

BECAUSE THIS I RAN INTO,

THAT GABA -- I FOUND THERE

WERE GABA SUPPLEMENTS, BUT

THEN I FOUND THEY DON'T

BREAK THE BLOOD/BRAIN

BARRIER.

GABA RECEPTORS ARE ALL

OVER THE BODY, FROM HEAD

TO SHOW.

I WAS TALKING TO YOUR DAD

ON YESTERDAY'S SHOW, AND

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT

M.S.G. AND GLUTIMATE.

AND GABA BALANCES

GLUTIMATE.

GLUTIMATE IS STIMULATING,

AND GABA PUTS US TO SLEEP.

IF WE DON'T HAVE GABA,

WE'RE NOT ASLEEP.

SO IF WE DON'T HAVE

MELATONIN, WE'RE NOT

ASLEEP.

EVERYTHING ON THE TABLE

HERE HELPS IMPROVE LEVELS

OF GABA OR MELATONIN.

Gordon: SO HOW DO YOU

GET GABA TO THE BRAIN?

THERE IS CONTROVERSY.

GABA WILL PENETRATE THE

BRAIN IF THE BLOOD/BRAIN

BARRIER IS OKAY.

YOU'RE SUPER SMART.

I'M IMPRESSED WITH YOUR

QUESTIONS.

SOMEONE WITH A LEAKY GUT,

WE DETERMINE THEIR BRAIN

IS LEAKY AS WELL.

SO YOU WILL SEE SOME OF

THAT PENETRATE THE

BLOOD/BRAIN BARRIER.

BUT MOST OF THE GABA WE

MAKE IS IN THE GUT.

AND OUR HAPPY BRAIN

CHEMICAL, SEROTONIN, MOST

OF THAT IS MADE IN THE

GUT, NOT THE BRAIN.

Gordon: SO INSTEAD OF

FOCUSING ON SLEEP, FOCUS

ON YOUR GUT?

YES.

Gordon: SO WHAT CAN

YOU DO TO HELP THAT GUT

PRODUCE GABA?

YOU CAN EAT RIGHT.

YOU CAN CUT DOWN ON SUGAR.

YOU CAN CUT DOWN ON ANY

SYNTHETIC, ARTIFICIAL

PRESERVATIVES OR DYES.

Gordon: SO IF IT

COMES IN A BOX, DON'T EAT

IT?

THAT'S TRUE.

THINK OF A SEA SAW, WITH

GABA ON ONE SIDE AND

GLUTIMATE ON THE OTHER.

THE HIGHER THE GLUTIMATE,

THE MORE LIKELY THE

INSOMNIA.

THE HIGHER THE GABA, THE

MORE LIKELY YOU'LL SLEEP.

THERE ARE THREE HERBS

RIGHT HERE THAT I BROUGHT

TO SHOW YOU HOW THAT IS

DONE.

THIS IS LEMON BOMB.

AND THAT IS NATURAL.

AND THIS IS CAMILLE.

AND THIS IS GREEN TEA.

THE GREEN TEA -- THIS IS

ACTUALLY MACHA POWDER.

THIS IS HIGH IN L-

L-THEANINE.

AND APAGENIN ALSO HELPS US

GO TO SLEEP.

AND ALL THREE OF THESE

HERBS ARE INSIDE A

SLEEPING PILL.

SINCE I KNOW YOU LIKE TO

COOK, I MADE A TEA FOR US.

AND THE TEA CONTAINS FRESH

RED ROSES, LAVENDER, AND

CAMILLE.

AND IT HASN'T BEEN

SWEETENED --

Gordon: SO

TECHNICALLY, THIS IS AN

INFUSION.

BECAUSE THERE IS NO TEA,

SO NO CAFFEINE.

CORRECT.

IT IS AN HERBAL INFUSION.

Gordon: THAT ACTUALLY

TASTES GREAT.

THANK YOU.

AND I HAVE THE RECIPE.

Gordon: YOU'VE GOT

SOME CINNAMON IN IT.

I HAVE A RECIPE, AND

I'M HAPPY TO GIVE AWAY

THIS RECIPE.

I HAVE IT ON A CARD.

TO ANYBODY THAT COMES TO

MY WEBSITE.

Gordon: CINNAMON AND

GINGER --

AND THIS IS LAVENDER

TEA.

SO IT IS HITTING THE GABA

RECEPTORS.

AND YOU CAN MAKE THAT.

Gordon: AND THAT WILL

INCREASE YOUR GABA AND GET

THROUGH THE BLOOD/BRAIN

BARRIER.

SO A LITTLE CUP OF THAT,

WITH NO CAFFEINE, AND AWAY

YOU GO.

AND THIS IS THE RECIPE

CARD.

AND I'LL SEND THAT TO

ANYBODY WHO COMES TO MY

WEBSITE.

SUZY COHEN.COM/700 CLUB.

AND YOU CAN COOK WITH

LAVENDER OR LO LEMON BOMB OR

CAMILLE.

LET IT SIMMER FOR FIVE TO

10 MINUTES -- DON'T BOIL

IT BECAUSE YOU'LL KILL

EVERYTHING.

AND THEN DRAIN OFF THE

HERBS AND PUT IT IN THE

REFRIGERATOR, AND EVERY

TIME YOU MAKE A RECIPE,

USE THAT INSTEAD OF WATER.

AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE ANY

REAL CHANGES TO YOUR

RECIPE, BUT YOU'LL BE

GIVING YOUR BODY GABA AND

RECEPTORS AND ALL OF THAT.

Gordon: AND RESTLESS

LEG SYNDROME IMPACTS A LOT

OF PEOPLE.

AND LEG CRAMPS.

IT COULD BE LOW B-12, LOW

IRON, DEHYDRATION.

DRINKING A LITTLE SIP OF

SOME COCONUT WATER COULD

HELP.

AND YOU CAN APPLY A PATCH,

SUCH AS LIDOCAINE, TO AN

AREA OF PAIN.

Gordon: AND THAT'S

OVER-THE-COUNTER?

YES.

YOU CAN BUY LIDOCAINE

PATCHES EVERYWHERE.

AND THIS IS JUST LIKE A

MASSAGER.

AND YOU CAN PUT THIS ON

YOUR LEG, AND JUST GO BACK

TO SLEEP.

SO PEOPLE WHO HAVE --

ESPECIALLY THE ELDERLY

PEOPLE, WHO CAN'T GET UP,

AND THEY HAVE A CHARLIE

HORSE, IT CAN BE VERY,

VERY PAINFUL FOR THEM.

AND THEY CAN GET UP AND

FALL DOWN, ESPECIALLY IF

THEY'VE TAKEN A PILL.

SO TO HAVE SOME KIND OF

HAND-HELD MASSAGING DEVICE

CAN PUT THEM BACK TO SLEEP

WITHOUT THEM RISKING A

FALL OR BREAKING A HIP.

THESE THINGS CAN BE

PURCHASED AT BROOKSTONE.

Gordon: WONDERFUL

TIPS.

SUZY HAS A LOT OF THEM.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GO

TO HER WEBSITE THAT SHE

TALKED ABOUT,

SuzyCohen.com/700 CLUB.

THERE WILL BE SOME

WONDERFUL DISCOUNTS FOR

YOU.

GO GET THE RECIPE FOR THE

LAVENDER ROSE SLEEP TEA,

AND PROTECT YOUR SLEEP.

REALIZE THAT SLEEP IS

GOD-GIVEN, AND THE MORE

YOU CAN GET, PARTICULARLY

AS YOU GET OLDER, WHEN YOU

START TO LOSE MELATONIN,

AND WE START TO LOSE

SLEEP, PROTECT YOUR SLEEP.

GET SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS

MINIMUM.

IF YOU CAN GET MORE, THAT

WILL BE GREAT.

AND IT WILL CHANGE YOUR

LIFE AND GIVE YOU BACK

YOUR MEMORY.

PART OF THE SPECIAL ON

THAT SuzyCohen.com/700

CLUB, YOU'LL GET A FREE

FORM OF VITAMIN "B."

AND THAT CAN HELP WITH

LEG CRAMPS.

Gordon: AND IT WILL

DEFINITELY HELP WITH

ALERTNESS.

DEFINITELY.

TAKE THAT ONE IN THE

MORNING.

THANK YOU, GORDON.

Gordon: STILL TO

COME, WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN

YOU'RE DEALING WITH A

HEARTBREAK OR

DISAPPOINTMENT.

EMBRACE THE BEAUTY OF

THE WORLD, AND INSTEAD OF

RUNNING FROM GOD, RUN TO

GOD AND FIND HIM IN THE

MIDST OF IT.

Gordon: SEE WHY THIS

EVANGELIST SAYS WE NEED TO

Gordon: IF YOU'RE

DEALING WITH A DIFFICULT

TIME, YOU MIGHT BE TEMPTED

TO RUN AWAY FROM GOD.

BUT THAT'S THE OPPOSITE OF

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO.

EVANGELIST CHRISTINE CANE

SHARES WHY WE SHOULD

EMBRACE THE TIMES OF

WILDERNESS IN OUR LIVES.

TAKE A LOOK.

INSTEAD OF RESISTING

GOD, IF YOU'RE WILLING TO

EMBRACE THE BEAUTY IN THE

WILDERNESS AND TO FIND

CHRIST IN THE MIDST OF

YOUR PAIN, I HAVE

DISCOVERED THE DEGREE TO

WHICH YOU'RE WILLING TO

EMBRACE THE PAIN OF

RECOVERY IS THE DEGREE TO

WHICH YOU WILL RECOVER.

THE WILDERNESS DEALS WITH

THE BROKENNESS INSIDE OF

US.

IT IS IN THE WILDERNESS

THAT OUR MIND IS RENEWED,

OUR BROKEN HEARTS AND MADE

WHOLE, SO EMBRACE THE

BEAUTY OF THE WILDERNESS.

DON'T RUN FROM GOD; RUN TO

HIM.

AND YOU WILL WALK INTO THE

PROMISED LAND THAT JESUS

HAS JUST FOR YOU.

FULL OF COURAGE, FULL OF

STRENGTH, FULL OF

AUTHORITY, FULL OF

VICTORY.

YOU WILL FIND PEACE.

YOU WILL FIND JOY.

AND YOU WILL FIND PATIENCE

AMONG SUFFERING.

AND YOU WILL GO INTO YOUR

FUTURE FREE.

YOU CAN MOVE PAST YOUR

PAST AS YOU EMBRACE THE

BEAUTY OF YOUR WILDERNESS.

Gordon: THE PROMISED

LAND IS AHEAD OF YOU.

WHEN WE GO THROUGH THESE

WILDERNESS TIMES, REMEMBER

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE

ISRAELITES.

HERE THEY WERE BEING

DELIVERED FROM SLAVERY,

AND THEY WANDERED FOR 40

YEARS IN THE WILDERNESS.

WHY?

WHY DID THEY CONTINUED TO

WANDER?

WHY DID THEY CONTINUE TO

BE DENIED ACCESS TO THE

PROMISED LAND?

WELL, THE REASON IS VERY

CLEAR: THEY COMPLAINED NOT

JUST ONCE, NOT JUST TWICE,

BUT THEY COMPLAINED 10

TIMES.

THE BIBLE SAYS THAT THEY

TESTED GOD 10 TIMES.

THAT EVERY TIME WE

COMPLAIN, IT IS A TEST.

WE'RE SAYING, CAN GOD DO

SOMETHING?

CAN GOD SEE ME?

CAN HE HEAR ME?

CAN HE PROVIDE A TABLE IN

THE WILDERNESS?

CAN HE PROVIDE WATER FOR

ME?

CAN HE PROVIDE FOOD?

CAN HE PROVIDE THE THINGS

THAT I NEED?

AND IT IS IN THOSE

WILDERNESS TIMES THAT

WE'RE ACTUALLY BEING

TESTED.

GOD SAID, YOU TESTED ME 10

TIMES.

AND WE'RE THE ONES THAT

ARE ACTUALLY BEING TESTED.

AND HERE IS THE TEST: DO

WE BELIEVE GOD?

DO WE BELIEVE THAT ALL

THINGS ARE WORKING

TOGETHER FOR OUR GOOD

BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM AND

BECAUSE WE'RE CALLED

ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE?

DO WE BELIEVE THAT WE ARE

HIS CHILDREN?

AND THAT HE IS A LOVING

HEAVENLY FATHER.

SOMETIMES IN THE

WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE, IT

IS VERY DIFFICULT TO

BELIEVE THAT.

AND PARTICULAR IF YOU HAVE

SICKNESS WITHIN YOUR BODY,

PAIN IN YOUR BODY.

IT IS VERY HARD TO

BELIEVE.

THE SYMPTOMS WILL

LITERALLY SCREAM THE AT

YOU.

AND FOR THE ISRAELITES,

GOING THROUGH THAT

WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE, TO

BE IN THE DESERT AND TO

NOT KNOW WHERE IS FOOD

COMING FROM, WHERE IS

WATER COMING FROM?

WE HAVE A LONG JOURNEY.

WE DON'T KNOW WHERE WATER

IS NEXT ON THIS JOURNEY.

WE DON'T KNOW.

WE DON'T SEE THE FUTURE.

WE DON'T KNOW WHERE WE'RE

GOING.

THIS IS A WAY WE HAVEN'T

GONE BEFORE.

ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE

RUNNING THROUGH OUR MINDS.

AND WHAT THE ISRAELITES

DID, BECAUSE THEY STARTED

TO COMPLAIN, BECAUSE THEY

STARTED TO SPEAK AGAINST

GOD, BECAUSE THEY

LITERALLY GOT ANGRY WITH

GOD AND THEY QUESTIONED

HIS ABILITY.

AND THE QUESTION RINGS

DOWN THROUGH THE AGES: CAN

GOT PROVIDE A TABLE IN THE

WILDERNESS?

AS BELIEVERS, WE KNOW THE

ANSWER IS YES.

BUT WHEN YOU'RE GOING

THROUGH THAT WILDERNESS

EXPERIENCE, SOMETIMES IT

IS VERY DIFFICULT TO SEE

THAT.

AND TO SEE THAT AT THE END

OF THE WILDERNESS, AT THE

END OF THE DARK NIGHT,

THERE WILL BE A GREAT

DAWN, THERE WILL BE A

PROMISED LAND.

SO HOLD ON TO THE PROMISE.

REALIZE THAT OUR

DESTINATION HERE ON EARTH

IS NOT HERE ON EARTH.

OUR DESTINATION IS A CITY,

WHO'S BUILDER AND MAKER IS

GOD.

AND WHATEVER LIGHT

AFFLICTION WE'RE HAVING,

WHATEVER ISSUES WE'RE

HAVING NOW, PALES IN

COMPARISON TO WHAT GOD HAS

PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO

LOVE HIM.

SO IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR

WILDERNESS, LEARN HOW TO

PRAY, AND REALIZE WHEN WE

COME TO HIM WITH

THANKSGIVING -- THESE ARE

THE WORDS OF THE APOSTLE

PAUL: THIS IS THE WILL OF

GOD FOR YOU.

REALIZE THAT THE WILL OF

GOD IS FOR YOU TO THANK

HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF IT,

TO BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT HE

IS ABOUT TO DO.

DON'T THANK HIM FOR THE

PROBLEM, BECAUSE HE IS NOT

THE CAUSE OF IT.

THANK HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF

IT, THAT HE IS PROVIDING A

WAY.

E IHE IS PROVIDING A

SOLUTION.

HE IS PROVIDING THE TABLE.

HE WILL SET DOWN A TABLE

BEFORE YOU IN THE PRESENCE

OF ALL OF YOUR ENEMIES.

HE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU IN

THE MIDST OF FAMINE AND IN

THE MIDST OF DROUGHT.

HE IS ABLE.

AND WHEN YOU THANK HIM FOR

IT, WELL, THAT'S WHEN YOU

SEE THE VICTORY.

SO PUT AWAY ALL COMPLAINTS

AND REALIZE VICTORY IS

DRAWING IN.

> HERE IS HEBREWS 4:

"LET US THEN, WITH

CONFIDENCE, DRAW NEAR TO

THE THRONE OF GRACE, THAT

WE MAY OBTAIN MERCY AND

FIND GRACE TO HELP IN TIME

OF NEED."

GOD BLESS YOU.

EMBED THIS VIDEO


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network