The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

700 Club Interactive - January 12, 2018

Lance Wallnau, author of “God’s Chaos Candidate” will share why Donald Trump is a wrecking ball to political correctness. Read Transcript


Gordon: THEY WANT TO

Gordon: THEY WANT TO

HELP OTHERS AND MAKE THE

WORLD A BETTER PLACE, BUT

MILLENNIALS ARE LEAVING

THE CHURCH IN MASSIVE

NUMBERS.

FIND OUT WHY.

ALL ON TODAY'S "700 CLUB

INTERACTIVE."

GOOD MORNING, AND WELCOME

TO THE SHOW.

ACCORDING TO A RECENT

STUDY, CHURCH ATTENDANCE

AND OPINIONS OF THE CHURCH

ARE AT THE LOWEST IN

RECENT HISTORY.

THIS IS AMONG MILLENNIALS,

BETWEEN 22 AND 35 YEARS

OLD.

ONLY 4% OF THE MILLENNIAL

GENERATION ARE BIBLE-BASED

BELIEVERS.

AND 59% OF MILLENNIALS

RAISED IN THE CHURCH HAVE

NOW DROPPED OUT.

Terry: STARTLING

NUMBERS.

A RECENT Facebook

ARTICLE ADDRESSED THIS

ISSUE BY SHARING 12

REASONS WHY MILLENNIALS

ARE LEAVING CHURCH.

LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT A FEW

OF THOSE.

STARTING WITH THE FIRST

ONE: NOBODY IS LISTENING

TO US.

MILLENNIALS VALUE HAVING A

VOICE AND BEING HEARD.

AND THEY FEEL THAT THE

CHURCH AND MOST CHRISTIANS

ARE OUT OF TOUCH WITH

MODERN SCIENCE AND

CULTURE.

SO WHEN THE CHURCH MOVES

AHEAD WITHOUT ASKING FOR

INPUT, MILLENNIALS GET THE

MESSAGE THAT NO ONE REALLY

CARES WHAT THEY THINK.

AND THEY WONDER, WHY

SHOULD THEY SHARE IN AN

INSTITUTION THAT THEY

CAN'T HELP SHAPE.

Gordon: AND EVERYBODY

WANTS TO BE HEARD AND

EVERYBODY WANTS TO HAVE A

SENSE THAT THEIR VOICE

MATTERS.

AND WHEN YOU'RE IGNORED,

YOU KIND OF CLAM UP.

YOU SAY, OKAY, IF YOU'RE

NOT INTERESTED, IF YOU

DON'T WANT TO PAY

ATTENTION TO MY VIEW OR MY

STORY OR MY LIFE, I'M

GOING TO FIND ANOTHER

COMMUNITY THAT WILL.

Terry: OR MY

QUESTIONS -- THAT, TOO.

WELL, WE WANT TO OFFER A

FEW SOLUTIONS TO THAT

ARTICLE.

NUMBER ONE IS: LISTEN.

THAT MAKES SENSE.

CREATE SURVEYS AND

MEETINGS SO THAT IDEAS CAN

BE CHANGED.

INVITE MILLENNIALS TO

SERVE.

HIRE A YOUNG ADULT PASTOR

WHO CAN CONNECT WITH

MILLENNIALS SO THEIR VOICE

CAN BE HEARD.

Gordon: RIGHT.

YOU NEED TO DO ALL OF

THOSE THINGS.

WE DON'T JUST WANT TO

POINT OUT THE PROBLEM.

WE WANT TO OFFER SOME

SOLUTIONS.

HERE IS ANOTHER REASON

THAT MILLENNIALS ARE

LEAVING THE CHURCH:

HELPING THE POOR ISN'T A

PRIORITY.

WELL, THE CHURCH ITSELF

SEEMS BUSIER THAN EVER

BEFORE.

THEY'VE GOT BIBLE STUDIES,

CONVENTIONS,

CONFERENCES -- THE LIST IS

ENDLESS -- BUT ARE

CHRISTIANS BUSY DOING THE

RIGHT THINGS?

MOST MILLENNIALS WANT TO

CHANGE THE THE WORLD AND

HELP OTHERS BUT DON'T SEE

THAT AS A PRIORITY IN THE

CHURCH.

AND, FRANKLY, MY VIEW ON

THAT IS THAT IS A REAL

SHAME.

Terry: YES.

Gordon: BECAUSE THE

PRIORITY OF THE CHURCH

SHOULD ALWAYS BE TO HELP

THOSE IN NEED.

Terry: IT DOES SEEM

LIKE OVER THE LAST FEW

DECADES, IN ORDER TO KEEP

FAMILIES CONNECTED IN TO

THE CHURCH, THAT THERE HAS

BEEN A LOT THAT HAS BEEN

DONE UNDER THE ROOF,

IN-HOUSE, TO HOLD, TO

ENTERTAIN, TO REACH OUT TO

PEOPLE, BUT I DO THINK

THEY'RE ON THE MONEY WITH

THIS BECAUSE I SEE THIS IN

MY OWN CHILDREN.

AND YOU PROBABLY DO, TOO.

THEY WANT TO MAKE A

DIFFERENCE.

Gordon: THEY WANT TO

HELP.

Terry: NOT JUST NEXT

DOOR, BUT AROUND THE

WORLD.

IF YOU JUST GIVE THEM A

GOOD OPPORTUNITY AND

REASON TO DO THAT, THEY'RE

ON BOARD.

Gordon: YEAH.

THEY WANT TO VOLUNTEER AND

GET HUGELY INVOLVED,

IMMERSED IN IT.

THEY WANT TO ENCOURAGE ALL

OF THEIR FRIENDS TO JOIN

WITH THEM.

THERE IS A LOT OF ENERGY

THERE AND RESOURCES.

Terry: YEAH, AND

WE'RE MISSING OUT.

Gordon: I RUN INTO

TWO THINGS THAT ARE PRETTY

INCREDIBLE IN MY

CONVERSATIONS WITH

PASTORS: NUMBER ONE, WE

DON'T HAVE THE MONEY.

THAT'S NUMBER TWO.

AND CURIOUSLY, NUMBER TWO,

THEY'RE AFRAID THAT THE

CHURCH WON'T BACK THEM.

THE CHURCH WON'T --

THEY'LL GET OUT THERE,

MAKING PROMISES TO HELP,

AND THE CHURCH WON'T COME

ALONG.

I'M HEARING BOTH SIDES OF

IT.

AND, YOU KNOW -- I THINK

THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE

BIBLE ARE PRETTY CLEAR,

WHENEVER YOU SEE SOMEBODY

IN NEED, HELP THEM.

Terry: EXACTLY.

MAYBE WE NEED TO HAVE THAT

SENSE OF BEING RELEASED BY

THE CHURCH TO DO THAT.

EVEN RATHER THAN TURNING

BACK TO THE CHURCH FOR THE

SOURCE.

YOU KNOW, I MEAN GOD WILL

SUPPLY IF YOU'LL JUST DO

IT.

Gordon: IF YOU TAKE A

FIRST STEP.

I'VE NEVER STARTED

ANYTHING AT CBN WITH

ENOUGH MONEY IN THE BANK

TO DO IT.

[LAUGHTER]

Terry: IT'S KIND OF A

THE PATTERN HERE.

Gordon: A PATTERN.

IT IS ALWAYS, OKAY, GOD

WANTS US TO DO THIS, LET'S

TAKE THE FIRST STEP.

> HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS

FOR CHURCHES, FIND OUT

WHAT CAUSE GOD HAS PLACED

ON THEIR HEART.

FIND OUT WHAT THEY'RE

THINKING AND LISTEN TO IT.

AND HERE IS ANOTHER ONE:

JUST CREATE COMMUNITY

SERVICE DATES ONCE A

MONTH.

THERE IS NO BUDGET HERE.

JUST SAY, HOW CAN WE GO DO

SOMETHING.

AND WHETHER THAT IS AS

SIMPLE CAN WE MOW THE LAWN

FOR AN ELDERLY MEMBER OF

OUR CONGREGATION TO, YOU

NAME IT -- THE LIST SEEMS

TO BE ENDLESS OF NEEDS.

SO JUST START.

Terry: I HAD AN

OPPORTUNITY A COUPLE OF

YEARS AGO TO SPEAK AT A

FUNDRAISER, AND SOME YOUNG

KIDS JUST ASKED ME IF I

WOULD COME AND SPEAK.

THEY WANTED TO DO SOME

THINGS FOR A PROJECT IN

MALI, A VERY

POVERTY-RIDDEN COUNTRY.

AND THEY INVITED THEIR

PARENTS AND THEY PUT THIS

DINNER ON IN THE BACKYARD

OF ONE OF THE KIDS AND

RAISED $40,000.

AND THEN TURNED AROUND AND

TOOK THE LEFTOVER FOOD AND

WENT DOWNTOWN AND FED THE

HOMELESS.

THERE IS JUST THAT DRIVE

IN SOME YOUNG PEOPLE.

LET'S HARNESS THAT.

Gordon: YOU'VE GOT

SOME GREAT NEIGHBORS.

Terry: YES, I DO.

Gordon: I LOVE THAT.

Terry: I LOVED IT,

TOO.

AND I THINK IT IS RESIDENT

IN THE HEART OF A LOT OF

YOUNG PEOPLE TODAY.

> HERE IS REASON NUMBER

THREE: THEY FEEL LIKE

THEY'RE PREACHED AT, NOT

MENTORED.

MILLENNIALS ARE THE MOST

ABANDONED AND NEGLECTED NEGLECTD

GENERATION IN HISTORY.

THEY ARE LOOKING FOR

MENTORS, FOR ROLE MODELS,

AND THEY CRAVE A

RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE

WHO IS AUTHENTICLY WILLING

TO INVEST IN THEM, AND

THAT TAKES TIME.

Gordon: AND LET ME

UNDER LINE THAT WORD,

"AUTHENTICLY."

YOU CAN'T PUT THAT ON.

YOU HAVE TO REALLY SAY,

I'M GOING TO SPEND THE

TIME.

Terry: ABSOLUTELY.

I ENJOY YOU.

Gordon: LET'S JUST

HANG OUT.

CAN YOU COME OVER AND

WATCH BASKETBALL WITH ME?

AND LET'S JUST HAVE

DINNER.

OR CAN WE HAVE LUNCH

TOGETHER?

AND THOSE ARE THE TIMES --

REALIZE IN DOING THAT

YOU'RE MODELING WHAT JESUS

DID.

JESUS TOOK 12 -- YES, HE

IS THE SAVIOR OF THE

WORLD.

BUT HIS IDEA IS, I'M GOING

TO TAKE 12.

AND WE'VE GOT TO RECOGNIZE

WITHIN THE 12 HE HAD SOME

FAVORITES, THAT WE'RE

GOING TO GO ON A SPECIAL

TRIP WIN PETER AND JOHN.

AND WE'RE GOING TO DO SOME

SPECIAL THINGS.

SO IT'S THAT TIME

INVESTED.

YOU 12, YOU'RE GOING TO

COME AND YOU'RE GOING TO

BE WITH ME.

YOU'RE GOING TO BE WITH

ME.

THAT MEANS THEY'RE GOING

TO COME LIVE WITH YOU.

SO IT'S A SHARED LIFE;

SHARED EXPERIENCE.

AND THOSE ARE THE THINGS

THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Terry: AND THEN YOU

SEND THEM OUT TO REPLICATE

THE SAME THING.

> HERE ARE SOME

PRACTICAL THINGS FOR US

TODAY.

YOU CAN CREATE A BASE OF

YOUNG ADULTS WHO ARE

LOOKING FOR A MENTOR --

ASK THE OLDER GENERATION

TO BE INTENTIONALLY WITH

MILLENNIALS.

SOMETIMES AS THE OLDER

GENERATION, I FEEL LIKE I

CAN ADDRESS THIS -- WE DO

THAT WITH AN AGENDA TO SEE

THEM BECOME SOMETHING WE

WANT THEM TO BE, INSTEAD

OF JUST --

Gordon: WHAT GOD

WANTS THEM TO BE.

Terry: YEAH.

JUST LOVE THEM.

AND SHARE THE LORD.

Gordon: HERE IS

REASON NUMBER FOUR:

MILLENNIALS WANT TO FEEL

VALUED.

AND MOST MILLENNIALS TEND

TO VIEW THE CHURCH AND

CHRISTIANS AS JUDGEMENTAL.

THEY WANT TO KNOW THEY ARE

ENOUGH, NO CONDITIONS, NO

EXPECTATIONS.

THEY WANT TO BE SEEN AND

BELIEVED IN, ENCOURAGED TO

CHASE THEIR DREAMS AND BE

LOVED JUST AS THEY ARE.

AND THAT'S A WONDERFUL

THING.

I THINK THAT'S FOR ALL

PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.

Terry: YEAH.

IT IS ALL ABOUT HOW WE

COMMUNICATE WITH EACH

OTHER, DON'T YOU THINK.

EVEN IF YOU -- EVEN IF

SOMEBODY HAS AN IDEA AND

IT'S NOT AN IDEA THAT

MAYBE IS RICH WITH

PROMISE, I MEAN THERE ARE

WAYS TO SPEAK INTO THAT,

TO LISTEN TO THAT, TO EVEN

ENCOURAGE JUST THE SEEKING

PROCESS OF THAT WITHOUT

SAYING, IT'S NOT GOING TO

WORK.

Gordon: I THINK THERE

IS A LESSON HERE FROM THE

BIBLE, NOT TO PREACH AT

YOU, BUT THERE IS THE

LESSON OF BARN BUS.

BARNABUS, AND

THE NAME MEANS

ENCOURAGEMENT.

AND HOW HE DEALT WITH A

SOMEWHAT REBELLIOUS MARK,

WHO WASN'T LIVING UP TO

PAUL'S STANDARD.

AND YOU HAVE TO REALIZE,

MARK WROTE A GOSPEL, SO

NOT SO BAD.

BUT IT LED TO A SEPARATION

BETWEEN PAUL AND BARNABUS,

BUT AT THE SAME TIME, HE

SAID, I'M HERE TO

ENCOURAGE, AND I'M HERE TO

ENCOURAGE MARK.

Terry: HE REALLY

INVESTED HIMSELF.

Gordon: WELL, HERE

ARE SOME SOLUTIONS FOR

YOU: LISTEN.

AND THEN GO OUT OF YOUR

WAY TO THANK, AND JUST

LIKE BARNABUS, TO BUILD

UP.

Terry: AND HERE IS

NUMBER FIVE: TALK ABOUT

CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES.

MILLENNIALS ARE MAKING

SOME OF THE BIGGEST

DECISIONS OF THEIR LIVES,

CAREER, EDUCATION, SEX,

MARRIAGE, PURPOSE, AND

THEY STRUGGLE WITH WHERE

THEY STAND ON THINGS LIKE

IMMIGRATION, THE LGBT

AGENDA, ABORTION, AND SO

MUCH MORE THAT IS

AFFECTING THE WORLD AND

VERY MUCH THEIR GENERATION

IN THE WORLD.

MILLENNIALS CRAVE

CONSISTENT TRUTH AND WANT

HOT TOPICS ADDRESSED AND

NOT JUST SUGAR-COATED.

WE TEND TO JUST HAVE

OPINIONS ON THINGS.

WE NEED TO BACK IT UP WITH

THE WORD, DON'T YOU THINK?

Gordon: I THINK EVEN

MORE THAN BACKING UP WITH

THE WORD, I THINK ALL OF

US HAVE HAD EXPERIENCE

WITH PARENTS WHERE JUST

OBEY ME; DON'T QUESTION

ME: JUST DO WHAT I TELL

YOU TO DO.

IF YOU'RE JUST QUOTING A

BIBLE VERSE, I THINK

YOU'RE GOING TO MISS THIS

POINT.

IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO POINT

THE BIBLE -- I'M NOT

SAYING DON'T DO THAT.

BUT IN EXPLORING THE

ISSUES THAT ARE COMING

TODAY --

Terry: DON'T BE

AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Gordon: -- ESPECIALLY

WE NEED TO LISTEN.

MY CONCERN, PARTICULARLY

ON THE SEXUAL ISSUES THAT

ARE COMING UP IN OUR

CULTURE TODAY, IT IS

LEADING TO THIS SORT OF

FREE-FOR-ALL.

AND THE CONCERN THERE IS

WHEN YOU TALK TO PEOPLE

WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THAT

AND LIVED THAT, AND THEN

WHEN THEY HIT THEIR 50s,

WHEN THEY HIT THEIR 60s,

TO LISTEN VERY CLOSELY TO

THEM SAYING, DON'T FOLLOW

THE WAY I WENT.

DON'T GO HERE BECAUSE AT

THE END IT BECOMES

MEANINGLESS, AND YOU START

TO VIEW YOURSELF AND

OTHERS AS OBJECTS THAT

IT'S ALL ABOUT SOME

MEANINGLESS PLEASURE AS

OPPOSED TO ENDURING

RELATIONSHIPS THAT LEAD TO

GENERATIONS.

RECOGNIZE THE PURPOSE OF

SEX IS TO PRODUCE

CHILDREN.

SO IF YOU'RE TAKING IT OUT

OF THAT CONTEXT, YOU'RE

NOT SHOWING THE FRUIT OF A

LIFE THAT IS LIVED THAT

WAY.

WHEN YOU RESERVE YOURSELF

AND YOUR BODY, IT IS VERY

PRECIOUS.

YOU NEED TO HOLD ON TO

THAT BECAUSE IN YOUR

50s, YOUR 60s AND YOUR

70s, WHAT REALLY IS

GOING TO SATISFY YOU IS TO

SEE YOUR CHILDREN SUCCEED,

TO SEE YOUR GRANDCHILDREN

COME INTO BEING, TO HAVE

THE SENSE OF FAMILY.

THAT'S WHAT ENDURES.

AND IN TODAY'S CULTURE, I

THINK WE'RE GOING TO GET

VERY FAR AWAY FROM THAT.

AND THE EASE OF DIVORCE

HAS LED TO SINGLE-PARENT

HOMES.

NOW ARE WE GOING TO EVEN

TURN AGAINST MARRIAGE

ITSELF?

AND WHAT IS THAT GOING TO

MEAN?

Terry: AND I THINK

THE VALUE OF THE WORD IN

THAT IS RECOGNIZING THAT,

YOU KNOW, JESUS SAID, IF

YOU LOVE ME, YOU'LL OBEY

ME.

SO WE'RE REALLY NOT

TALKING ABOUT THE BIBLE AS

SOME SLAM THE BOOK AT YOU.

IT IS MORE, THIS IS THE

LOVE LETTER FROM GOD.

AND WHY DO WE ADHERE TO

THESE THINGS?

BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR US

AND OUR LOVE FOR HIM.

THERE IS LIFE IN THAT WHEN

IT IS UTILIZED IN THE

RIGHT WAY, AND NOT AS THE

HAMMER, BUT --

Gordon: IT LEADS TO

LIFE.

Terry: EXACTLY.

HERE ARE SOME IDEAS:

ADDRESS THE HARD ISSUES

AND POINT TO WHAT THE

BIBLE SAYS ABOUT THEM.

CREATE A PROGRAM THAT

TRANSITIONS HIGH SCHOOL

YOUTH THROUGH EARLY

ADULTHOOD.

A BIG TRANSITION THERE.

AND INTENTIONALLY TRAIN

YOUNG ADULTS IN HOW TO

LIVE A GODLY LIFE AND

ENCOURAGE THEM IN THAT.

Gordon: YEAH.

ALL GOOD THINGS.

IF YOU WANT TO READ THE

ENTIRE ARTICLE WE'VE BEEN

REFERRING TO JUST GO TO

Facebook.COM AND SEARCH

FOR THE AUTHOR, SAM EDAN,

AND THERE WILL BE MORE

INFORMATION THERE.

> COMING UP NEXT, HE'S

BEEN CALLED GOD'S CHAOS

CANDIDATE, AND NOW HE IS

THE PRESIDENT OF THE

UNITED STATES.

DONALD TRUMP IS A

WRECKING BALL TO THE

SPIRIT OF POLITICAL

CORRECTNESS.

Gordon: HEAR WHY

AUTHOR LANCE WALLNAU

ANNOUNCES THAT DONALD

TRUMP IS LIKE A MODERN DAY

Gordon: SOME

CHRISTIAN LEADERS BELIEVE

DONALD TRUMP HAS A CYRUS

ANOINTING.

WHAT DOES THAT REALLY

MEAN?

TAKE A LOOK.

Reporter: IN THE

MONTHS LEADING UP TO THE

2016 PRESIDENTIAL

ELECTION, AUTHOR AND

SPEAKER LANCE WALLNAU WAS

ONE OF SEVERAL EVANGELICAL

CHRISTIAN LEADERS WHO

BELIEVED AGAINST ALL ODDS

THAT DONALD TRUMP WOULD BE

THE 45th PRESIDENT OF

THE UNITED STATES.

I HAD THE STRANGEST

SENSE THAT I WAS DEALING

WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

I WAS DEALING WITH SOMEONE

WHO WASN'T AN EVANGELICAL

CHRISTIAN, WHO WAS

ANOINTED FOR AN

ASSIGNMENT.

AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO

GO WITH THAT.

SO I WENT HOME AND ALL I

HEARD THE LORD SAY IS,

DONALD TRUMP IS A WRECKING

BALL TO THE SPIRIT OF

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

Chris: WALLNAU

DECLARED PRESIDENT TRUMP

TO CYRUS.

CYRUS DECLARED THE JEWS

LIVING IN CAPTIVITY COULD

RETURN TO ISRAEL AND

REBUILD THEIR TEMPLE.

WALLNAU EXPANDS ON THAT

THEME IN HIS BOOK, "GOD'S

CHAOS CANDIDATE, DONALD

J.TRUMP AND THE AMERICAN

UNRAVELING."

Gordon: LANCE IS HERE

TO TALK MORE WITH US ABOUT

THIS.

I HAVE TO CONGRATULATE

YOU.

YOU WROTE THIS BOOK BEFORE

THE ELECTION.

I LIKE TO SAY TO PEOPLE,

IF YOU'RE GOING TO

PROPHESY, YOU HAVE TO DO

IT BEFORE IT HAPPENS.

AND HERE IT CAME TO BE.

YEAH.

Gordon: WHAT INSPIRED

YOU TO DO THIS?

HE WAS RUNNING IN THE

PRIMARIES AGAINST 15 OTHER

EXPERIENCED PEOPLE, AND

THAT'S WHEN THE LORD SPOKE

TO ME AND SAID HE HAD HIS

HAND ON HIM, AND THAT HE

WAS GOING TO USE HIM.

I HEARD THE WORD ISAIAH

45, AND I LOOKED IT UP.

AND I FELT SO POWERFULLY

THIS WOULD BE THE 45th

PRESIDENT.

THE LINE THAT FREAKED ME

OUT WAS, THUS SAYS THE

LORD, CYRUS, WHO I ARE

ANOINTED THOUGH YOU DO NOT

KNOW ME.

AND PEOPLE DON'T THINK IN

HISTORY, DURING CRUSABLES

THAT A CHURCHILL OR A

LINCOLN WOULD BE WHERE GOD

HIDES HIM.

I THINK GOD HID HIMSELF IN

DONALD TRUMP, AND I THINK

HE IS HIDDEN RIGHT NOW

DOING SOMETHING IN AMERICA

THAT WOULD AMAZE US IF WE

UNDERSTOOD IT.

Gordon: AND ISAIAH

WROTE THAT AND HE HAD A

DIRECT REVELATION IN THE

TEMPLE OF GOD.

HE SAW THE GLORY AND THEN

HE WROTE, "SURELY YOU ARE

THE GOD THAT HIDES."

YEAH.

Gordon: GOD SEEMS TO

TAKE DELIGHT IN PICKING

THE UNUSUAL.

WHICH LEAVES NONE OF US

SAFE.

Gordon: RIGHT.

[LAUGHTER]

Gordon: DO YOU THINK

TRUMP IS ORDAINED OR

ANOINTED -- WHAT IS HE

SUPPOSED TO DO?

WHEN I WROTE THE BOOK,

AND IT WAS PROBABLY

BECAUSE I HAD TREMENDOUS

FOR BODINGS OF WHAT WOULD

HAPPEN IF HE WASN'T

ELECTED, AND I FELT THAT

AMERICA'S FINANCIAL

SITUATION IS PRECARIOUS

BECAUSE OF ITS DEBT.

MY THINKING THEN WAS HE

WAS ANOINTED AS A CYRUS

BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO

STAND IN A CRUCIBLE.

I THINK AMERICA'S

UNRAVELING IS HAPPENING IN

FRONT OF OUR EYES.

WE HAVE TWO TOTALLY

INCOMPATIBLE WORLD VIEWS

COLLIDELY RIGHT NOW.

IT WON'T TAKE MUCH IN A

GLOBAL INCIDENT TO REALLY

BRING THIS THING TO A FULL

BOIL.

THIS WILL BE LIKE A

LINCOLN OR A CHURCHILL,

SOMEONE WHO GOD PUT INTO

POSITION, WHO HAS THE

DISPOSITION TO MAKE THE

RIGHT DECISIONS IN THAT

CRUCIBLE.

AND I ANTICIPATE IT IS

GOING TO GET A LOT MORE

BUMPIER.

AND CHRISTIANS NEED TO

KNOW THAT WE HAVE A WINDOW

TO AFFECT CHANGE.

IF WE GO BACK TO BUSINESS

AS USUAL, WE'LL BE MAKING

AN HISTORIC MS. TAKE.

MISTAKE.

Gordon: HAVE WE DONE

THAT IN THE PAST, WE

INVEST SO MUCH IN THE

ELECTION, WE NEGLECT TO

TRAIN THE NEXT GENERATION.

I THINK THE COST IS

ACCUMULATIVE.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO ABUSE

YOUR BODY IN YOUR 20s,

AND DO THAT IN YOUR 30s,

AND THEN IN YOUR 50s,

SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

THERE IS NOT A FICTION

THAT THERE IS A BIAS IN

MEDIA.

THERE IS NOT A FICTION

THAT HOLLYWOOD HAS A BIAS.

AND IT IS NOT FICTION THAT

ACADEMIA IS BIAS AGAINST

CHRISTIANITY.

BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY

START SELECTING PEOPLE

THAT RESONATE WITH THOSE

MESSAGES -- WE HAVE

MILLENNIALS COMING UP WHO

ARE LITERALLY GOING TO BE

40, 50, 60 MILLION OF THEM

VOTING, AND THEY ARE

RESONATING WITH SOCIALISM.

AND THE TRUTH IS THEY

DON'T UNDERSTAND SOCIALISM

BECAUSE THERE IS NO DEBATE

BEING GIVEN TO THEM SAYING

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO

FORFEIT YOUR DREAM.

MILLENNIALS HAVE DREAMS.

IF THEY UNDERSTOOD THEIR

DREAMS HAVE TO BE CASHED

IN SO EVERYBODY CAN HAVE

THEIR SHARE AND HOW THAT

DOESN'T WORK IN HISTORY, I

THINK YOU'LL SEE AN

AWAKENING.

Gordon: I THINK

YOU'RE HITTING THE NAIL ON

THE HEAD.

MILLENNIALS AGREED WITH

THIS STATEMENT, FROM EACH

TO HIS ABILITY, FROM EACH

ACCORDING TO HIS NEED,

WHICH IS STRAIGHT OUT OF

MARX.

THEY IDENTIFIED WITH THAT

STATEMENT.

THEY THOUGHT THAT WAS A

GOOD THING TO DO.

I KNOW.

Gordon: WITHOUT

REALIZING THE SOCIAL COST.

AND, BY THE WAY, SOME

COUNTRIES HAVE TRIED

THAT --

AND IT DIDN'T WORK.

SOCIALISM WORKS UP UNTIL

THE POINT WHEN YOU RUN OUT

OF PEOPLE WITH MONEY, AND

THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO

DISTRIBUTE IT FROM.

Gordon: WHICH IS A

GOOD POINT.

> WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT

GOD IS SAYING RIGHT NOW?

I FELT THAT WAS DARING

ENOUGH IN 2015 -- THERE

WAS ONLY LIKE THREE PEOPLE

THAT WERE SAYING TRUMP IS

THE MAN BECAUSE EVERYBODY

WAS LOOKING FOR A

CHRISTIAN FIRST.

AND THEN PEOPLE KIND OF

PILED ON LATER AS THEY

LOST CRUZ AND OTHER

PEOPLE.

AND I SAID, NO, HE'S THE

GUY.

BECAUSE GOD HAS A

CONTROVERSY WITH THE

AMERICAN CHURCH.

WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE OUR

DELIVERER ON THE WHITE

HORSE, BUT THE CHURCH

ISN'T ENGAGING THE NATION.

SO GOD IS GOING TO DO HIS

UNTIDY WORK IN A

SAMPSON-LIKE ESSENCE.

GOD IS ABOUT TO DO

SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO

BE UNIQUE.

AFTER I GOT THE BOOK OUT,

I THOUGHT, MY JOB IS DONE

NOW.

I CAN GET OUT OF POLITICS.

BUT IT WASN'T THAT EASY.

THE NEXT THING THAT

HAPPENED IS I FELT THE

LORD SAY, DANIEL

INTERCEDED, AND CYRUS CAME

TO POWER AS A SECULAR

REFORMER.

AND AFTER THAT, EZRA WAS

ARRIVING AS A TEACHING

PRIEST.

AND EZRA MOBILIZED THE

PEOPLE OF GOD TO MOVE IN

THE DIRECTION GOD CALLED

THEM.

AND AFTER THAT, NEHEMIAH

CAME AND BUILT THE LAW.

AND THE STUDY SAID STUDY

THE SEQUENCE.

CHRISTIANS SHOWED UP IN

UNPRECEDENTED NUMBERS AND

GOT THIS MAN ELECTED.

HE IS NOT A SPIRITUAL

REFORMER, BUT HE IS A

SECULAR REFORMER, BUT HE

WILL BE OUR FRIEND.

IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME IF

TRUMP MAKES A DECREE OR A

STATEMENT THAT CHALLENGES

THE CHURCH TO GET ENGAGED

IN THE INNER CITY AND PUT

THEIR FAITH BACK INTO THE

NATION.

HE IS THAT KIND OF A GUY

THAT HE CAN GO THAT WAY.

WHEN THAT DECREE HAPPENS,

THE CHURCH IS GOING TO

HAVE TO MOVE FROM ITS

OBSESSION WITH ITSELF AND

ITS OWN EXISTENCE TO

ENGAGE IN THE WORLD AROUND

IT.

AND THEN THE NEHEMIAHS CAN

COME BUILD THE WALLS OR

RESTORE THE BOUNDARIES

THAT NEED TO BE SET.

Gordon: I THINK WE'RE

IN AN EZRA SESSION, THAT

THIS IS HOW YOU CONDUCT

LIFE AS A COMMUNITY.

IF YOU DO THAT, THEN WE'LL

SUCCEED.

IF GOD CAN RAISE UP

ORICLES -- I LOVE REVIVAL,

BUT CHRISTIANS PREFER TO

ESCAPE ENGAGING CULTURE

INTO A KIND OF SPIRITUAL

ZONE.

IF WE CAN GET THE NEW

REVIVALISTS TO GO OUT AND

BE ORICLES -- MILLENNIALS

ARE INTRIGUED BY WORLD

VIEWS IF YOU'RE GOT YOUR

ACT TOGETHER.

I THINK THERE WILL BE

SOMETHING HAPPENING ON

CAMPUSES, WHERE CHRISTIANS

AND CONSERVATIVES ARE

GOING TO COME ALIVE,

SPEAKING WHAT THEY

BELIEVE.

AND WHEN THE PUSHBACK

COMES, INSTEAD OF

CRUMBLING, I THINK WE HAVE

A GENERATION THAT IS NOT

GOING TO CRUMBLE, AND IT

WILL BE SEXY TO BE IN THE

MINORITY, AND THE MINORITY

IS GOING TO BE CHRISTIAN

CONSERVATIVES.

THAT'S WHERE I'M PUTTING

MY POKER CHIPS.

I'M STICKING THEM IN THE

MIDDLE.

Gordon: OKAY.

THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME

FORCES AGAINST THAT,

THOUGH.

OH, MY GOSH, OF COURSE

THERE WILL BE.

Gordon: AND WE'RE

ALREADY SEEING THAT.

WE'RE ALREADY SEEING -- IT

HAS BEEN SLOWLY BUILDING,

BUT I THINK WE'RE AT A

POINT WHERE CHRISTIAN

VIEWS ARE OPENLY MOCKED.

TOTALLY, WHICH IS WHY

IT IS PERFECT.

BECAUSE NOW CONSERVATISM

IS REALLY THE MINORITY.

REMEMBER ABBEY HOFFMAN AND

GEORGE CARLIN WERE ABLE TO

BE OUTSPOKEN BECAUSE THEY

WERE AGAINST THE

CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY.

NOW THE OUTSPOKEN MINORITY

IS THE CONSERVATIVE

BECAUSE THE CAMPUSES ARE

SO DOMINATED BY LIABLE

THOUGHT.

AND MILLENNIALS HAVE A

HEART FOR THE UNDERDOG.

I THINK THAT GOD IS

SETTING SOMETHING UP --

THINK ABOUT IT, YOUNG

WHITFIELDS AND YOUNG

LESLIES -- WE THINK THEY

ARE OLDER, BUT THEY WERE

YOUNG.

I'M PRAYING FOR GOD TO

RAISE UP THESE YOUNG

ORICLES THAT WILL BE ABLE

TO LITERALLY PUSH BACK ON

THE CULTURAL CHAOS, AND IT

WILL BE VERY ATTRACTIVE.

BECAUSE THERE WILL BE A

COMMUNITY OF PEOPLE

INVITING PEOPLE TO JESUS.

JESUS IS STILL APPEALING.

IT IS CHRISTIANITY THAT

TURNS OFF MILLENNIALS.

BUT I THINK WE CAN HAVE A

REBRANDING.

Gordon: HOW WOULD YOU

ENCOURAGE RIGHT NOW TO

PRAY?

WHAT SHOULD THEY BE

SPECIFICALLY PRAYING FOR?

I BELIEVE WE HAVE TO

PRAY FOR A REMOBILIZATION

OF THE GRASSROOTS

BELIEVERS.

AND WHEN I SAY THAT, THE

LEFT IS VERY VIGILANT ON

CREATING WEBSITES NOW THAT

ARE TRAINING AND

MOBILIZING GRASSROOTS.

YOU'RE SEEING PROTESTS

GOING ON ALL OVER THE

PLACE.

I'M NOT SURE THAT THE

CHURCH IS GOING TO WANT TO

INITIATE THIS.

BUT I DO THINK CHRISTIAN

LEADERS HAVE TO DO IT, AND

THEY HAVE TO START

IMMOBILIZING LOCALLY, TO

GET BELIEVERS TOGETHER

THAT WILL BEGIN TO

ORGANIZE AND SHOW UP IN

TERMS OF THE PUBLIC

MANIFESTATION OF UNITY.

WE PROBABLY NEED TO HAVE A

MOVE OF GOD WHERE

CHRISTIANS AREN'T AFRAID

TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET

AND MARCH AND DECLARE THAT

THEY ARE FOUR LOVE, AND

THEY'RE NOT FOR HATE, AND

THEREFORE FOR SOLUTIONS

AND NOT FOR PROBLEMS.

THERE HAS TO BE AN ANSWER

TO THE PERPETUAL

ORGANIZING ON THE LEFT,

AND IT HAS TO COME FROM A

PRAYING COMMUNITY THAT IS

MOBILIZING ON THE RIGHT.

AND THEY SAY, WE BELIEVE

IN A BETTER FUTURE FOR

AMERICA.

THAT WILL TAKE ON ITS OWN

GRASSROOTS, BUT IT HAS TO

START THERE, WHERE WE

CONNECT WITH EACH OTHER.

AND THOSE PEOPLE THAT

SHARE A CONCERN FOR

AMERICA SAY, I'M NOT GOING

TO JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH

HISTORY UNFOLD OR UNRAVEL.

I'LL SHOW UP.

WHERE AM I NEEDED, LIKE

THE MINUTEMEN.

Gordon: HAVE WE

LOST -- AS A CHURCH, HAVE

WE LOST EVEN THE THOUGHT

THAT WE CAN CHANGE THE

CULTURE, THAT WE CAN

CHANGE THINGS?

WHETHER IT IS PROBLEMS IN

THE INNER CITY OR RACE

RELATIONS OR THE CURRENT

POLICE CLIMATE, OR ANY OF

THE THINGS THAT YOU LOOK

AT OUR COMMUNITIES AND YOU

SHAKE YOUR HEAD AND YOU

SAY, I WISH IT COULD BE

DIFFERENT?

BUT HAVE WE EVEN LOST THE

IDEA THAT WE CAN MAKE A

DIFFERENCE?

THAT'S THE POWER OF

POPULAR CULTURE.

IT HAS WORN US DOWN.

I WAS WRITING THIS BOOK,

"GOD'S CHAOS CANDIDATE,"

AT THE SAME TIME THAT MY

FRIENDS HAD BOOKS LIKE

"HARBINGER."

WHICH WERE PREDICTING THE

DOWNFALL OF AMERICA.

I'M SAY NOT SO FAST.

I THINK GOD IS GOING TO DO

SOMETHING AND REVERSE THE

SITUATION, BUT I WAS IN

THE MINORITY.

BECAUSE THERE WAS ALMOST

MORE FAITH FOR THE

COLLAPSE OF AMERICA

THAN --

Gordon: IN OUR

RIGHTEOUSNESS, WE WANT

JUDGMENT, NOT REALIZING

THAT THE JUDGMENT IS GOING

TO HURT US.

I'M PRAYING AGAINST THE

PILOT, BUT I'M ON THE

PLANE.

THIS IS THE 500th YEAR

OF THE REFORMATION, AND I

THINK GOD IS GOING TO

VISIT US IN THIS YEAR OF

REFORMATION.

Gordon: THEY'RE

PLAYING THE MUSIC -- WE'RE

OUT OF TIME.

THE BOOK IS CALLED "GOD'S

CHAOS CANDIDATE."

> HERE IS A VERSE FOR

YOU FROM PROVERBS: "A GOOD

MAN LEAVES AN INHERITANCE

TO HIS CHILDREN'S

CHILDREN."

GOD BLESS YOU.

WE'LL SEE YOU AGAIN.

EMBED THIS VIDEO


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network