The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

CBN NewsWatch: February 5, 2018

On CBN Newswatch, Feb 5th: the Philadelphia Eagles have won the Superbowl; Federal investigators are looking into Sunday's deadly train crash just outside of Columbia, South Carolina; CBN's founder - Dr. Pat Robertson is recovering today after ... Read Transcript


Efrem: THANK YOU FOR JOINING

US ON

CBN NEWSWATCH. I'M EFREM

GRAHAM. HERE

IS WHAT WE ARE FOLLOWING IN THE

CBN

NEWSROOM.

I THANK JESUS CHRIST FOR

GIVING ME

THE OPPORTUNITY.

I HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE

WORLD.

THE EAGLES HAVE WON THE

SUPER BOWL

> MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE WERE

TAKEN TO

THE HOSPITAL AND TWO OTHERS

DIED.

THE AMTRAK'S ENGINEER AND

CONDUCTOR.

THE ENGINEER AND THE AMTRAK

DRIVER

HAVE DONE ANYTHING?

I DOUBT IT.

I DOUBT THEY COULD HAVE DONE

ANYTHING.

THE TRAIN WAS GOING SOMEWHERE

AROUND 55

MILES AN HOUR.

BUT MOVING THAT FAST AND ONLY

HAVE A

SECOND TO REALIZE YOU ARE ABOUT

TO BE

DIVERTED ONTO THE OUTSIDE

TRACK.

THEY HAVE YET TO GIVE ANY

INDICATION

WHY THE SWITCH WAS SET IN THE

WRONG

POSITION.

CBN FOUNDER PAT ROBERTSON IS

RECOVERING TODAY AFTER

SUSTAINING AN EM

ABOLIC STROKE FRIDAY.

DR. ROBERTSON WAS RUSHED TO THE

NEAREST

STROKE CENTER.

THANKS TO THE EXTRAORDINARY

CARE AND

RAPID RESPONSE, HE IS EXPECTED

TO MAKE

A GREAT RECOVERY.

UNFORTUNATELY, STROKES ARE

WHERE ARE

FAR TOO MANY ARE UNABLE TO

SPEAK.

MOST STROKES ARE CAUSED BY

CLOTS

THAT BLOCK BLOOD FLOW TO THE

BRAIN AND

WHEN THAT HAPPENS, BRAIN CELLS

DIE.

TO LIMIT THE DAMAGE, THE BRAIN

CLOT CAN

GET FLOW AGAIN.

ACCORDING TO A DOCTOR AT THE

HOSPITAL

CALLS TPA A GAME CHANGER.

I HAVE SEEN PATIENTS WITH

COMPLETELY

NEUROLOGICAL SYSTEMS RECOVER.

MOST PEOPLE CAN GO HOME AND

NOT TO A

FACILITY.

WHILE TPA CAN RESTORE PEOPLE

TO

NORMAL.

AS MANY AS 90% OF STROKE

VICTIMS ARE

UNABLE TO RECEIVE IT BECAUSE

THEY HAVE

ARRIVED TO THE HOSPITAL TOO

LATE.

THEY ARE GIVEN BETWEEN 48 HOURS

OF A

STROKE SYMPTOMS. THEY OFTEN

INCLUDE

NUMBNESS OR WEAKNESS OF THE

FACE, ARM,

LEGS OR ESPECIALLY ONE SIDE OF

THE

BODY. CONFUSION, ARE ALSO NOT

SPEAKING

OR UNDERSTANDING WELL. TROUBLE

SEEING.

DIFFICULTY WALKING, DIZZINESS

OR LOSING

BALANCE.

YOU MAY NOT RECOGNIZE THAT

YOU ARE

HAVING A STROKE. A LOT OF

PEOPLE ARE IN

DENIAL BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT

HAVING PAIN

AND DOESN'T FEEL URGENT LIKE A

HEART

ATTACK DOES AND THEY WILL

DELAYED AND

TPA IS NO LONGER AN OPTION.

PEOPLE SHOULD CALL 911

BECAUSE

EMERGENCY CREWS CAN START

TREATMENT ON

THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL.

THE SOONER WE GIVE TPA THE

BETTER

AND PEOPLE HAVE THE BEST

OUTCOMES.

LEARNING THESE SYMPTOMS AND

TAKING

QUICK ACTION AS SOON AS THEY

APPEAR

MATTER QUICKLY BECAUSE BEATING

A STROKE

OFTEN COMES DOWN TO BEATING THE

CLOCK.

LORI JOHNSON, CBN NEWS.

MORE TEENAGERS ARE

IDENTIFYING

THEMSELVES AND TRANSGENDER OR

NON-CONFORMING WHERE THEY DON'T

IDENTIFY THEMSELVES WITH THE

SEX THAT

THEY WERE GIVEN AT BIRTH. THESE

TEENAGERS ARE REPORTED TO HAVE

MORE

PHYSICAL HEALTH.

CBN NEWS TALKS WITH A

DEFECTOR OF

HIS FAITH.

ONE OF THE HIGHLIGHTS WITH

THE

PRESIDENT'S SPEECH CAME WHEN

THERE WAS

A DEFECTOR AFTER HE THRUST HIS

CRUTCHES

OVER HIS LEG.

HE ALMOST STARVED AND WAS

TORTURED BY

AUTHORITIES DO THAT.

IT WAS FOR HIS FAMILY.

THE NORTH KOREAN REGIME,

THERE WAS A

LOT OF OPPRESSION TO PREVENT

THEM FROM

LEAVING THE COUNTRY, BUT THEY

ENDED UP

LEAVING ESCAPING AND ENDED UP

SURVIVING.

HE TALKED ABOUT TORTURE

AFTER BEING

IN CHINA.

HIS TORMENTERS WANTED TO

KNOW IF HE

MET ANY CHRISTIANS.

HE HAD.

THOSE CHRISTIANS MADE HIM

REALIZE

THE UNIVERSAL TRUTH.

THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE

OUTSIDE THE

WORLD THAT SYMPATHIZES HIM AND

LOVES

HIM.

THIS MAN USED TO LIVE TO

SURVIVE,

NOW TEST HIS FAITH.

HE GOT TO KNOW GOD.

HIS LIFE HAS CHANGED

SIGNIFICANTLY AND

HE SAYS NOW HE'S LIVING FOR

SPREADING

LOVE.

PRESIDENT TRUMP TOLD UP THAT

MOMENT,

AS A STARVING BOY HE WAS ALMOST

KILLED

BY A TRAIN IN 1996 AFTER TRYING

TO GET

SOME COAL TO GET FOOD.

HE PASSED OUT FROM THE TRAIN

TRACKS

FROM HUNGER.

HE WOKE UP AS THE TRAIN RAN

OVER HIS

LIMBS.

HIS BROTHER AND SISTER GAVE

WHAT

LITTLE FOOD THEY HAD TO HELP

THEM

RECOVER AND ATE DIRT THEMSELVES

PERMANENTLY STUNTING THEIR OWN

GROWTH.

HE SAYS THEIR HEALTH IS NOW

GOOD BUT

THOSE WERE HORRID TIMES.

THEY HAD TO EAT GRASS AND

DIRT FOR

FOOD.

HE LIVED ON HIS CRUTCHES AND

LOOKS

TO TRUMP'S RECOGNITION AS ONE

OF GOD'S

MOMENTS IN HIS LIFE.

GOD HAS BEEN PROVIDING MANY

OPPORTUNITIES TO GOOD WORKS

THROUGH HIM.

JENNA BROWDER.

CBN NEWS, WASHINGTON.

FAITH UNDER FIRE.

ONE PASTOR IS BEING ATTACKED

FOR

LEADING A BIBLE STUDY ON

CAPITOL HILL.

WE HAVE THE STORY COMING UP

NEXT.

NEXT.

> EARLY THIS YEAR CBN NEWS

BROKE THE

NEWS THAT MEMBERS OF THE

PRESIDENT

TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN GATHERED

WEEKLY TO

PRAY AND HOLD BIBLE STUDIES NOW

THE

PASTOR IS BEING ATTACKED ON

ISSUES THAT

ARE NOT HIS FAULT.

THE CAPITOL MEMBERS OF

TRUMP'S

CABINET ARE PART OF THIS STUDY

AND NOW

AN ATTACK AFTER THIS STUDY

BROKE.

WHY THE ATTACK ON THIS?

MAYBE BECAUSE SOME ARE

GAINING NEW

TURF.

HE SAYS THE MEDIA OUTLET

LABELING

THEM AS CHRISTIAN NATIONALIST

TO CAUSE

CHRISTIAN DOMINION OVER THIS

GOVERNMENT

THAT REPLACES THEOCRACY OVER

THE LAW.

AND SAYS THAT COULDN'T BE

FURTHER FROM

THE TRUTH.

IT'S ABOUT BUILDING THE

KINGDOM OF

GOD. WE STAND FOR ALL RELIGIONS

TO BE

ABLE TO COMPETE WITH ONE

ANOTHER FOR

THE SOULS OF MEN.

WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT.

AN ATHEIST SUED THE

DEPARTMENT OF

URBAN DEVELOPMENT AND SAYING

THIS GROUP

ATTENDED BY CABINET MEMBERS AND

TO FIND

THE TRUTH ABOUT SEPARATION AND

STATE.

HE RESPONDED.

I WILL NOT STOP BEING A

CHRISTIAN BY

SERVING THIS COUNTRY.

IN FACT IT IS MY FAITH TO HELP

ME SERVE

THIS COUNTRY EVEN BETTER.

THE BIBLE STUDY STARTS BEFORE

THE

WORKDAY BEGINS.

NO STAFF IS ALLOWED AND NO

TAXPAYER

MONEY IS USED BECAUSE THE

CAPITAL

MINISTRY COVERS ALL EXPENSES.

IS THIS A WAY FOR SOME TO

MARGINALIZE CHRISTIAN LEADERS

IN

WASHINGTON?

YES, I THINK IF YOU CAN GET

THE

POPULOUS TO FEAR THE WHITE

HOUSE

CABINET MEMBERS WHERE THERE ARE

SO MANY

CHRISTIANS AND PLOTTING A

CHRISTIAN

OVERTHROW OF THE COUNTRY,

CREATES FEAR

IN THE VOTING POPULOUS, NO

DOUBT.

I WILL GO ON RECORD TO SAY,

THAT IS NO

TRUE.

WE ARE JUST TRYING TO BUILD MEN

AND

WOMEN INTO THAT CHARACTER AND

THEY

CARRY THAT CHARACTER INTO THEIR

VOCATION.

CBN NEWS, THE WHITE HOUSE.

Efrem: UP NEXT, WE ARE

SITTING DOWN

WITH TYLER PERRY AS HE SITS

WITH US IN

AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW.

> FEBRUARY IS BLACK HISTORY

> FEBRUARY IS BLACK HISTORY

MONTH

AND STUDIO FIVE IS TAKING A

LOOK AT

MANY MEMBERS WHO ARE TAKING

HISTORY

TODAY. TAKE A LOOK.

FROM MEDEA, TO OLD MAN JOE.

TYLER

PERRY WEARS THE MANY FACES AND

HATS.

THE ACTOR, WRITER AND DIRECTOR

IS THE

FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN TO OWN A

MAJOR

FILM AND TELEVISION STUDIO AND

IS

EXPANDING AS PERRY TRANSFORMS

AN OLD

ARMY BASE INTO HIS NEW ATLANTA

HEADQUARTERS.

YOU SAY YOU ALWAYS KNEW

THERE WAS

GREATER FOR YOU.

IS THAT THE MOMENT YOU KNEW OR

WHAT

HAPPENED?

I ALWAYS THOUGHT AS A KID

THERE WAS

SOMETHING MORE FOR ME.

I DIDN'T SEE THING THE WAY THE

OTHER

KIDS SAW IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.

EVEN MY PARENTS AS THEY SAW US

BEING

BLACK OR POOR.

TYLER GREW UP IN NEW ORLEANS

WHERE

HE IS POOR. HE LEARNED IN

SCHOOL.

MY TEACHER ASKED ME WHAT I

WANTED TO

BE AND I SAID A MILLIONAIRE AND

HE SAID

THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

BECAUSE

YOU ARE POOR AND BLACK AND I

DIDN'T

BELIEVE THAT.

AND THAT YOU KNEW YOU WERE

GOING TO

ENDURE BECAUSE YOU NEEDED TO

KNOW.

YES, I HAD TO KNOW MANY AND

TOO FOR

MY MOTHER. I FEEL SORRY FOR

KIDS AS

THEY DON'T GIVE THEY HAVE GOD

OR FAITH.

I'M PROUD I HAD A MOTHER TO

GIVE ME

THAT FAITH.

THIS IS WHERE YOU GO.

I'M SO PROUD THAT I'M NOT THAT

WAY.

HE'S SO PROUD OF HIS PARENTS.

MAXINE.

WE CALL HER MACKEY.

LOOKING AT THE PHOTOGRAPHS,

SHE'S

BEAUTIFUL. YOU DESCRIBE HER AS

THE MOST

BEAUTIFUL OF ALL OF YOUR

SISTERS.

SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL BEFORE

DIABETES

AND CANCER RAVISHED HER BODY.

SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL.

NO MAKE-UP AT ALL.

SHE WAS JUST A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.

ON THE BOOK THAT YOU

MENTIONED, EMIT

PERRY, YOUR DAD, BECAUSE OF

HIM, WHAT

WOULD YOU SAY YOUR CHILDHOOD

WAS LIKE

IF YOU CAN DESCRIBE IT IN 1

WORD.

HELL.

YES, IT WAS HELL.

THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY TO

DESCRIBE IT.

LOOKING AT IT NOW, THERE WAS SO

MUCH

TRAUMA THAT HE MAY HAVE BEEN

MENTALLY

BIPOLAR.

I BELIEVE SOMETHING WAS THERE.

THERE WERE EXTREME HIGHS AND

EXTREME

LOWS AND EXTREME ALCOHOL ABUSE

AND

EXTREME VERBAL ABUSE. IT WAS

NORMAL FOR

HIM.

A FEW YEARS AGO HE SENT A

MESSAGE TO ME

AND MY BROTHER BECAUSE I WAS

DOING

SOMETHING AND IT HAD BEEN

SUCCESSFUL.

HE SAID, IF I BEAT YOUR -- ONE

MORE

TIME, YOU WOULD BE BARACK OBAMA.

HE CELEBRATED THE FACT BECAUSE

OF WHAT

HE DID BECAUSE HE WAS SO BRUTAL

I

BECAME THIS PERSON.

WHERE IN FACT?

THERE IS A TRUTH TO WHO I AM

BECAUSE

ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR

THE BETTER

GOOD. AND GOD WORKED THIS

TOWARDS MY

GOOD.

YOU HAVE FORGIVEN HIM.

YES.

AND YOU TAKE CARE OF HIM?

I DO. I TRY.

WITH NO RESERVATIONS ABOUT IT.

I ABSOLUTELY DO.

MY MOTHER ASKED ME TO AND I DID.

MY FATHER DIDN'T HAVE THE

SKILLS TO BE

A FATHER.

HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW LOVE.

HE HAD NO IDEA HOW TO SHOW LOVE

AND

WHAT LOVE WAS. HE WAS TORMENTED

FROM 2

YEARS OLD AND HE HAD A HORRIBLE

UP

BRINGING. BUT THIS WAS NOT

ABOUT HIM

BUT ABOUT ME AND I WAS ABLE TO

LET IT

GO.

EVERY NIGHT HE PRAYED NO NO

MATTER WHAT

HE'S DONE.

TYLER WAS NAMED AFTER HIS

DAD. HE

CHANGED HIS NAME FROM EMMETT TO

TYLER.

YOU FOUND OUT HE WAS NOT

YOUR FATHER.

YES.

I ASKED FOR A LITTLE BOY.

MY MOTHER WOULD SAY, I HATE TO

TELL YOU

BUT HE'S YOUR FATHER.

WHEN SHE PASSED I DID A

PATERNITY TEST

FOR MY BROTHER AND MYSELF AND

NOT THE

SAME FATHER AND I DID ONE

DIRECTLY WITH

HIM AND I'M NOT HIS FATHER.

IS THERE A SEARCH?

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO

BEGIN.

MY MOTHER WAS SUCH A CLOSE

WOMAN. I DO

REMEMBER A STORY ABOUT SOMEONE

BREAKING

IN THE HOUSE BEFORE I WAS BORN

SO I

DON'T KNOW WHAT'S THERE.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF SHE KNEW.

SO SHE WAS VERY PRIVATE AND IT

REALLY

IS OKAY.

ONE OF THE REASONS I WANTED TO

KNOW WAS

FOR MY HEALTH, MY HISTORY AND

MY SON TO

BE AWARE OF ANYTHING AND WE GOT

THEY

COULD OUT.

ALL IS WELL.

YOU CAME FROM NEW ORLEANS

AND DIDN'T

FIND IMMEDIATE SUCCESS.

GOD BLESS THE MAN WHO FINDS

IMMEDIATE SUCCESS.

BUT I REALIZE THIS IS ALL A

PART OF IT.

I WAS WORKING AS A BILL

COLLECTOR.

I HATED THE JOB.

I WAS SELLING CARS AND IT WAS

HORRIBLE

BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO

DECEIVE PEOPLE

BUT IT TAUGHT ME TO SPEAK AND

NEGOTIATE.

ALL OF THIS HELPED ME GET WHERE

I AM.

INCLUDING BEING HOMELESS AND

SLEEPING IN A GEO METRO?

YES.

MY FRIEND SAID YOU NEED TO TAKE

IT BACK

AND TELL THEM YOU BOUGHT A

LEMON.

THOSE WERE DARK TIMES BUT MY

FAITH HELD

ME.

AND YOU CAN HEAR MORE FROM

TYLER

PERRY IN HIS BOOK.

AND WE HAVE AN EXTENDED

CONVERSATION

WITH HIM IN THE STUDIO. MAKE

SURE YOU

CHECK IT OUT.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK

> "OPERATION BLESSING" IS

> "OPERATION BLESSING" IS

HELPING A

WIDOW WITH EIGHT CHILDREN IN

SIN GOAL.

SHE OPERATED A SUCCESSFUL

CENTER UNTIL

HER HUSBAND FELT ILL AND HER

HUSBAND

DIED AND LEAVING HER WITHOUT

BEING ABLE

TO PROVIDE FOR HER FAMILY.

"OPERATION

BLESSING" HELPED HER WITH ALL

OF HER

SUPPLIES TO RESTORE HER CENTER

AND NOW

SHE'S TEACHING OTHERS HOW TO

SELL.

TIME NOW TO LEAVE YOU WITH THIS

MONDAY

MOTIVATION.

GOD SENT HIS LOVE TO TEACH YOU

HOW TO

GET THERE.

THAT'S IT FOR NOW ON OUR CBN

NEWSWATCH.

YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT

EXCLUSIVE

COVERAGE AND ISSUES THAT YOU

MOST CARE

ABOUT AT CBN.COM. WE WOULD LOVE

TO HEAR

ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE

STORIES

YOU HAVE SEEN HERE TODAY AND

YOU CAN DO

THAT BY E-MAILING CBNNEWS.COM

AND REACH

US ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND

SNAPCHAT.

ENJOY THERE MONDAY AND THE REST

OF THE

WEEK.

BYE, GOD BLESS YOU.

EMBED THIS VIDEO

Related Podcasts


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network