The Christian Broadcasting Network

Browse Videos

Share Email

The 700 Club - June 7, 2018

A runner nearly becomes roadkill after a hit-and-run at a busy intersection. Plus, one-on-one with Fox & Friends’ Ainsley Earhardt discussing the faith that sustains her. Read Transcript


Announcer: THE

FOLLOWING PROGRAM IS

SPONSORED BY CBN.

Wendy: COMING UP...HE

WAS ARM'S MAYOR, AND NOW

HE IS THE PRESIDENT'S

LAWYER.

STAY TUNED FOR PAT'S

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH

RUDY GIULANI.

Wendy: PLUS, AINSLEY

EARHART OPENS UP ABOUT HER

FAITH.

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT

LIVES INSIDE OF ME, AND I

HAVE FOUND IT THROUGH

JESUS CHRIST.

Wendy: ON TODAY'S

"700 CLUB."

*

Pat: WELL, WELCOME,

FOLKS, TO "THE 700 CLUB".

PRESIDENT TRUMP AND

SPECIAL COUNSEL ROBERT

MUELLER COULD BE HEADED

FOR AN HISTORIC SHOWDOWN.

THE PRESIDENT'S ATTORNEYS

FEAR AN INTERVIEW IS A

TRAP.

TEARMTTRAP.

Terry: MEANWHILE, A

NEW REPORT FROM THE

JUSTICE DEPARTMENT'S

INSPECTOR GENERAL

REPORTEDLY SAYS JAMES

COMEY DEFIED AUTHORITY

DURING HIS TERM AS F.B.I.

DIRECTOR.

EFREM GRAHAM HAS THE

STORY.

Efrem: CRITICS CALL

ROBERT MUELLER'S ONGOING

INVESTIGATION A SERIOUS

DISRUPTION TO THE WHITE

HOUSE, AS THE PRESIDENT

DEALS WITH TRADE AND A

MEETING WITH COM KIM JONG-UN.

DETRACTORS SAY THERE STILL

HAVEN'T BEEN ANY CHARGES

RELATED TO THE TRUMP

CAMPAIGN COLLUDING WITH

RUSSIA.

AND ONE OF THE KEY FIGURES

IN THE INVESTIGATION,

FORMER F.B.I. DIRECTOR

JAMES COMEY, IS EXPECTED

TO COME UNDER FIRE IN AN

UPCOMING REPORT BY THE

INSPECTOR GENERAL.

A SOURCE SAYS THE DRAFT

REPORT CALLS COMEY

INSUBORDINATE IN HIS

BEHAVIOR.

AND HE SAID HE LEAKED SOME

OF HIS CONVERSATIONS WITH

PRESIDENT TRUMP BECAUSE HE

HOPED IT WOULD LEAD TO A

SPECIAL COUNSEL

INVESTIGATION ON RUSSIA,

WHICH IT DID.

THE INVESTIGATION HAS LED

TO MANY QUESTIONS,

INCLUDING WHETHER THE

PRESIDENT COULD PARDON

HIMSELF IF NECESSARY, A

SUBJECT THAT HAS DIVIDED

LEGAL EXPERTS.

BUT THE BIGGEST ISSUE:

WILL THE PRESIDENT SIT

DOWN FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH

THE SPECIAL COUNSEL'S

TEAM.

TRUMP'S ATTORNEY, RUDY

GIULANI, SAYS THE LEGAL

TEAM IS LEANING AGAINST

IT.

I HAVE TO BE HONEST,

WE'RE LEANING TOWARDS NOT.

LOOK, IF THEY CAN CONVINCE

US IT WILL BE BRIEF AND TO

THE POINT, AND THERE ARE

FIVE OR SIX POINTS TO

CLARIFY, AND WITH THAT WE

CAN GET THIS LONG

NIGHTMARE OVER...

Reporter: BUT IT

WON'T BE OVER BECAUSE

GIULIANI'S TEAM WILL FIGHT

IT.

EFREM GRAHAM, CBN NEWS.

Pat: YESTERDAY, I

SPOKE WITH PRESIDENT

TRUMP'S ATTORNEY, RUDY

GIULANI, WHO IS IN

JERUSALEM ON A BUSINESS

TRIP.

WE TALKED ABOUT THE

QUESTIONS SURROUNDING

MUELLER'S LEGAL TEAM, WHY

IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO

WRAP UP THEIR

INVESTIGATION, AND HOW IT

GOT STARTED IN THE FIRST

PLACE.

HERE IS A LOOK.

> I HAVE A HARD TIME

UNDERSTANDING HOW A

JUSTICE DEPARTMENT CAN

RISE UP AGAINST THE

PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED

STATES, HOW ROSENSTEIN AND

THESE OTHER GUYS CAN BRING

A SPECIAL COUNSEL, AND

THEY'RE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE

REPORTING TO THE

PRESIDENT.

CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW THAT

WORKS LEGALLY?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

THE REALITY IS THAT

FIRST OF ALL THE

ATTORNEY-GENERAL RECUSED

HIMSELF, AS YOU KNOW, THE

PRESIDENT DOESN'T THINK

WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

AND IF HE WAS GOING TO DO

THAT, HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD

THE PRESIDENT BEFORE THE

PRESIDENT APPOINTED HIM.

SECONDLY, ROSENSTEIN HAS

MADE A LOT OF BAD CHOICES.

I THINK MUELLER WAS A BAD

CHOICE, SINCE HE HAD BEEN

REJECTED AS F.B.I.

DIRECTOR, AND ALSO IS A

GOOD FRIEND OF JAMES

COMEY, WHO IS THE PERSON

WHO ENGINEERED THIS WHOLE

THING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

AND THEN HE WENT AHEAD AND

HIRED VERY PARTISAN, OVER

THE TOP DEMOCRATS, TO DO

THIS JOB, INCLUDING ONE

THAT DONATED $36,000 TO

HILLARY CLINTON.

THAT ALL AMOUNTS TO A

SITUATION WHERE YOU CAN'T

FAULT THE PRESIDENT FOR

FEELING THAT HE IS NOT

BEING TREATED FAIRLY.

AND AS I HAVE KIND OF

WATCHED THIS CASE, I GET

THE SENSE THAT THAT'S

TRUE.

SO WE'RE GOING TO TRY TO

GET THIS OVER WITH AS FAST

AS POSSIBLE AND PUT A

FOCUS ON THE SPECIAL

PROSECUTOR OR INDEPENDENT

COUNSEL, AND GET HIS

REPORT OUT RIGHT AWAY SO

WE CAN REBUTT IT.

Pat: IT HAS BEEN

ALLEGED THAT HIS

APPOINTMENT IS SOMEHOW

TAINTED, THAT THE F.B.I.

IS TAINTED BECAUSE OF SOME

OF THESE E-MAILS BACK AND

FORTH BETWEEN F.B.I.

AGENTS, THAT THEY WERE

TILTING TOWARDS HILLARY

AND TRYING TO UNDERMINE

TRUMP.

IS THERE ANY OF THAT THAT

YOU HAVE DISCOVERED?

WELL, NO, BECAUSE THEY

HAVEN'T SHOWN US THOSE

DOCUMENTS.

SO HERE IS WHAT WE GET:

THEY STARTED A

COUNTER-INTELLIGENCE

INVESTIGATION, AND WE

DON'T KNOW WHY.

WE DID UTILIZE WHAT THEY

HAVE TO, AND THAT THEN

WERE INSERTED INTO THE

TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND

INFILTRATED THE TRUMP

CAMPAIGN.

THEY GOT INFORMATION FROM

THEM, BUT THEY'VE KEPT

THAT ALL SECRET, NEVER

DISCLOSED IT TO THE HOUSE

OR THE SENATE COMMITTEES,

THAT ARE THERE FOR THAT

PURPOSE, NEVER DISCLOSED

IT TO THE PRESIDENT, AND

REFUSED TO DISCLOSE IT TO

US.

PAT, WE'VE BEEN AROUND

LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW THERE

MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG

WITH IT BECAUSE THEY

REFUSE TO DISCLOSE IT.

THEY SAY THERE ISN'T,

WELL, IF THERE ISN'T, SHOW

ME.

AND I WOULD BE WILLING TO

SAY THERE IS NO PROBLEM.

BUT I JUST HAVE A FEELING

THERE IS SOMETHING VERY

WRONG WITH IT.

Pat: THIS WITHHOLDING

THE INFORMATION, DOESN'T

THAT TAINT THE WHOLE

SPECIAL COUNSEL'S INQUIRY?

THAT MAY BE THE

PROBLEM.

THAT MAY BE THE PROBLEM

THAT THEY'RE NOT WILLING

TO DISCLOSE OR OWN UP TO,

THAT RIGHT FROM THE VERY

BEGINNING THIS IS A

TAINTED INVESTIGATION.

SO FIRST YOU HAVE THIS

INVESTIGATION THAT

DISCOVERED NOTHING, THAT

MIGHT HAVE BEEN IMPROPER.

AND THEN YOU HAVE THE

COMEY-LEAKED MEMO, THAT

WAS ILLEGALLY LEAKED FOR

THE SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF

GETTING A SORT OF REACTION

OF AN INDEPENDENT COUNSEL.

Pat: YOU KNOW, IF

SOMEBODY WAS WORKING FOR

ME AND HE WAS LIKE A VICE

PRESIDENT, AND HE HIRED

ONE OF MY AVOWED ENEMIES

TO DESTROY ME, I THINK I

WOULD HAVE WANTED TO FIRE

HIM.

IS THERE ANY CHANCE THEY

CAN GET RID OF ROSENSTEIN?

HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS A BAD

GUY.

[LAUGHTER]

I THINK RIGHT NOW WE'RE

BETTER OFF GETTING THE

DARN THING OVER WITH, AND

PUT OUT WHATEVER THEY'RE

GOING TO PUT OUT.

I DON'T THINK IT IS GOING

TO BE TERRIBLY DAMAGING.

IF IT IS, THAT IT WILL BE

PERSUASIVE.

THEY'VE GONE THROUGH

1.4 MILLION DOCUMENTS, 28

WITNESSES, AND HAVEN'T

COME UP WITH ANY EVIDENCE

OF SO-CALLED COLLUSION

WITH THE RUSSIANS.

THEIR CLAIMS OF

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICES JUSTICE ARE

NOT BASED ON ANYTHING

REAL.

THEY'RE BASED ON THEIR

INTERPRETATION.

IN THE WORST POSSIBLE

LIGHT OF EVERYTHING THE

PRESIDENT DID, WHICH

CLEARLY WAS THINGS HE WAS

JUSTIFIED IN DOING.

HE FIRED COMEY.

COMEY WAS A TERRIBLE

F.B.I. DIRECTOR.

I BELIEVE HILLARY CLINTON

WOULD HAVE FIRED HIM.

IT DIDN'T OBSTRUCT THE

INVESTIGATION.

MY GOODNESS, THE

INVESTIGATION HAS GONE

FORWARD AND COST

$20 MILLION.

HE COULD HAVE PULLED THAT

FUNDING.

HE COULD HAVE FIRED ALL OF

THEM, IF HE WANTED TO.

HE DIDN'T DO THAT.

THERE IS NOTHING TO THIS,

PAT.

THERE IS A POLITICAL --

I'M SORRY, BUT IT IS A

POLITICAL WITCH HUNT.

Pat: ARE YOU GOING TO

LET THE PRESIDENT SIT DOWN

AND TALK TO MUELLER?

IT LOOKS LIKE HE WOULD BE

SETTING HIM UP FOR

PERJURY?

I THINK THAT'S THE

CONCLUSION THAT A LOT OF

PEOPLE COME TO, AND WE'RE

CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO DO

THAT.

THERE WOULD ONLY BE A

NARROW SET OF

CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE WE

WOULD DO IT, WHERE THEY

SHOWED US WHAT THEY HAD,

AND WE WERE SATISFIED THEY

WERE GOING TO BE FAIR AND

OBJECTIVE.

AND SO FAR EVERYTHING THAT

HAS HAPPENED, INCLUDING

THAT SPYGATE

INVESTIGATION, GIVES US A

FEELING WE'RE WALKING INTO

A TRAP, SO WE'RE NOT GOING

TO DO THAT.

WE DON'T BELIEVE THAT HAVE

THE POWER TO SUBPOENA NA

HIM.

SUBPOENA.

THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT HAS

WRITTEN A MEMO SAYING THEY

DON'T.

IT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE

CLINTON ADMINISTRATION.

AND IT BINDS MUELLER.

SO WE DON'T HAVE TO

TESTIFY.

AND I THINK I3 THIS

SITUATION, WE CAN PROVE

OUR INNOCENCE WITHOUT IT.

Pat: WELL, WASN'T HE

GIVEN A MANDATE IN A

WRITTEN LETTER BY

ROSENSTEIN THAT LIMITED

HIS SCOPE, AND THEN EVERY

TIME HE WANTS TO EXPAND

THE SCOPE, HE GETS ANOTHER

LETTER FROM THE JUSTICE

DEPARTMENT?

CAN HE STOP THAT?

[LAUGHTER]

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT

HAPPENED.

THIS BEGAN AS AN

INVESTIGATION OF

COLLUSION.

SOMEHOW HOW IT HAS

BRANCHED OUT -- SINCE THEY

FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF

COLLUSION, YOU WOULD THINK

THEY WOULD STOP IT.

BUT INSTEAD OF STOPPING

IT, THEY STARTED WITH

MANAFORT BACK IN --

THEY'RE PROSECUTING HIM

FOR SOMETHING IN 2005 THAT

HAS NO CONNECTION TO

PRESIDENT TRUMP.

THE SITUATION WITH FLYNN,

THE F.B.I. CONCLUDED HE

TOLD THE TRUTH.

HOW THEY GOT HIM TO PLEAD

GUILTY.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY

DID TO THE POOR MAN TO GET

HIM TO PLEAD GUILTY --

MAYBE THREATEN HIS SON.

AND HE HAS NO EVIDENCE

AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP.

AND THEN THEY STARTED WITH

THE PRESIDENT'S LAWYER,

INVADED HIS OFFICE, AND

THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE

AGAINST THE PRESIDENT.

IF THEY DECIDE TO FOLLOW

ALL OF THOSE UP, THEY'LL

BE GOING ON FOR THREE OR

FOUR YEARS, ALL TO NO

AVAIL, AND AFTER MILLIONS

AND MILLIONS OF TAXPAYERS'

DOLLARS.

WHICH IS WHY I THINK WE

HAVE TO DEMAND THEY PUT UP

OR SHUT UP.

Pat: RUDY, LEGALLY,

CAN YOU SHUT THEM DOWN?

THERE IS NO WAY TO

REALLY SHUT HIM DOWN,

ACCEPT THROUGH PUBLIC

OPINION AND FORCING HIM TO

GIVE US A REPORT.

LET US SEE SOME OF THE

RECORDS SO WE CAN WRITE A

REALLY GOOD

COUNTER-ARGUMENT.

THE ONLY THING HE CAN DO

IS WRITE A REPORT.

HE CAN'T PROSECUTE.

HE DOESN'T HAVE THE POWER

TO PROSECUTE.

THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT

RULES SAY A CITY PRESIDENT

CANNOT BE INDICTED.

SO HE CAN'T PROSECUTE

ANYBODY.

HE CAN'T SUBPOENA THE

PRESIDENT.

HE HAS GOTTEN EVERYBODY

ELSE VOLUNTARILY.

IF THE PRESIDENT WANTED TO

MISUSE PRIVILEGE, HE WOULD

YOU MISUSED EXECUTIVE

PRIVILEGE.

BUT HE TURNED OVER ALL THE

DOCUMENTS.

Pat: I DON'T KNOW

WHAT TO SAY, EXCEPT I

THINK THE PUBLIC IS

TURNING AGAINST MUELLER.

DIDN'T HE WORK FOR YOU

YEARS AGO?

COMEY WORKED FOR ME IN

IT'S U.S.

ATTORNEY-GENERAL'S OFFICE

AND MUELLER WORKED UNDER

ME IN THE JUSTICE

DEPARTMENT.

COMEY, I THINK, IS THE

REAL VILLAIN IN THIS CASE.

I THINK IN MUELLER'S CASE,

HE IS NOT TAKING CONTROL

OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK

FOR HIM.

HE HAS TO HAVE THE

DISCIPLINE TO PUT A STOP

TO IT, OR WE'RE GOING TO

HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING QUE,

INCLUDING SOME THINGS WE

DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT

RIGHT NOW, TO TRY TO

APPEAL THAT, HAVE IT

STOPPESTOPPED.

Pat: THERE WAS A NEW

YORK MEMO THAT WAS LEAKED.

DO YOU KNOW WHO LEAKED THE

MOMEMO?

I KNOW WE DIDN'T.

IT WAS A LETTER FROM THE

PRESIDENT'S LAWYER TO JOHN

DOWD, THAT POINTED OUT

THAT THEY CAN'T SUBPOENA

HIM, AND THAT HIS ACTS,

THAT THEY'RE FOCUSING ON,

COULD NEVER AMOUNT TO

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE,

BECAUSE AS PRESIDENT, HE

HAD THE RIGHT TO DO IT

UNDER ARTICLE TWO OF THE

CONSTITUTION.

WE DID NOT LEAK IT.

THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT HAD

IT, MUELLER HAD IT,

THEY'VE LEAKED OTHER

THINGS BEFORE.

WHERE DID THE IDENTITY OF

THAT SPY COME FROM?

YOU KNOW, PAT, THE

HYPOCRISY OF THIS IS

MIND-BOGGLING.

THERE IS A SECRET

INVESTIGATION, AND THEY

WON'T GIVE US THE

DOCUMENTS BECAUSE THEY SAY

IT IS SO DARN SENSITIVE.

HOWEVER, THEY GAVE THE

DOCUMENTS TO THE "NEW YORK

TIMES" AND THE WAL "WALL

STREET JOURNAL".

THERE IS AN INFORMANT THEY

WON'T REVEAL BECAUSE HE

COULD BE KILLED, AND THEY

IDENTIFY HIM TO THE WALL

STREET JOURNAL AND THE

"NEW YORK TIMES".

AND WE COULDN'T POSSIBLY

HAVE REVEALED IT BECAUSE

WE DON'T KNOW IT.

THEY WON'T TELL THE

PRESIDENT.

THEY WON'T BRIEF THE

PRESIDENT.

THEY WON'T TELL US.

THEY WON'T GIVE US THE

DOCUMENTS.

BUT THEY WILL ILLEGALLY

LEAK IT TO THE WALL STREET

JOURNAL AND THE "NEW YORK

TIMES".

THEY HAVE TO BE COMPLETELY

DISHONEST ABOUT THIS BEING

SO SENSITIVE IF THEY

LEAKED IT, OTHERWISE

THEY'RE THE WORST SCOUND

SCOUNDRELS IN THE WORLD.

Pat: I THINK THE

AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE GOING

TO STAND WITH YOU GUYS ON

THIS ONE.

YOU'RE DOING A WONDERFUL

JOB, AND OUR THOUGHTS AND

PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

IT IS SO NICE FOR YOU TO

BE HERE.

THANKS AGAIN.

PLEASE COME BACK AGAIN.

THANKS, PAT.

Pat: WELL, THAT WAS

INTERESTING.

Terry: WHAT DO YOU

MAKE OF ALL OF THAT?

WHAT A HOT MESS?

Pat: THE THING OF IT

IS, IS THAT ROSENSTEIN, IN

THE ABSENCE OF HIS BOSS,

WHO RECUSED HIMSELF, HE

GOES OFF THE RESERVATION

AND HIRES A SPECIAL

COUNSEL, WHICH EVERYBODY

KNEW WAS DISASTER FOR IT'S

PRESIDENT.

WHICTHE

PRESIDENT.

WHICH SAYS THAT HE,

HIMSELF, WAS TRYING TO

UNDERMINE THE PRESIDENT.

THERE IS NO QUESTION ABOUT

IT.

AND NOW THEY SAY WE CAN'T

FIND IT BECAUSE IT IS TOO

MUCH TROUBLE.

WHAT THEY NEEDED TO DO WAS

TO HAVE THE

ATTORNEY-GENERAL RESIGN

VOLUNTARILY, AND THEN

APPOINT A NEW

ATTORNEY-GENERAL WHO IN

TURN WOULD FIRE ROSENSTEIN

AND THEN SHUT DOWN

MUELLER.

BUT IT IS TOO LATE TO GET

THAT DONE.

SO RUDY IS OUT THERE.

IT IS A DILEMMA.

YOU HEARD IT WITH YOUR OWN

EARS AND SAW IT WITH YOUR

OWN EYES, AND HE WAS

SAYING WHAT A DILEMMA

THEY'RE INVOLVED IN.

Terry: TO THE TUNE OF

MILLIONS -- WE HAVEN'T

EVEN SEEN THE END RESULT

OF THIS -- MILLIONS OF

TAXPAYER DOLLARS FOR

NOTHING.

Pat: CAN YOU IMAGINE

HAVING SORT THROUGH

MILLIONS OF PAGES --

Terry: I DON'T

PERSONALLY THINK THAT IS

POSSIBLE.

> UP NEXT, FOX AND

FRIENDS' AINSLEY EARHART

TALKS ABOUT HER NEW

MEMOIR.

I COULDN'T SAY NO TO

THAT OFFER, BECAUSE I FELT

LIKE IF I SAID NO, I WOULD

BE SAYING NO TO GOD

WANTING ME TO TELL MY

STORY OF HOW GOD CHANGED

MY LIFE.

Terry: YOU'LL HEAR

THE STORY OF HOW GOD

CHANGED AINSLEY'S LIFE

RIGHT AFTER THIS.

Pat: WELL, "FOX AND

FRIENDS" CO HOST, AINSLEY

EARHART, OFTEN SPEAKS OUT

ABOUT HER FAITH.

AND NOW SHE OPENS UP IN

HER NEW BOOK CALLED "THE

LIGHT WITHIN ME."

JENNA BROWDER SAT DOWN

WITH AINSLEY TO TALK ABOUT

HER FAITH AND THE LIGHT

THAT KEEPS HER GOING.

Reporter: SHE IS ONE

OF CABLE'S MOST

RECOGNIZABLE FACES.

WE HAVE SOME HEADLINES

THAT WERE CAUGHT ON

CAMERA.

Reporter: OFTEN

INTERVIEWING WORLD

LEADERS, "FOX AND

FRIENDS'" HOST, AINSLEY

EARHART.

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT

LIVES INSIDE ME, AND I

HAVE FOUND IT THROUGH

JESUS CHRIST.

Reporter: KNOWN FOR

SPEAKLY BOLDLSPEAKING BOLDLY ON AIR,

SHE IS NOW REVEALING HER

PERSONAL MEMOIR.

SHE REMEMBERS WHEN SM SHE WAS

FIRST APPROACHED TO WRITE

IT.

I DON'T WANT TO ACT

LIKE I HAVE IT ALL PUT

TOGETHER IN MY LIFE.

IT IS MORE OF JUST GIVING

GOD THE GLORY.

SO I COULDN'T SAY NO TO

THAT OFFER BECAUSE I FELT

LIKE IF I SAID NO, I WOULD

BE SAYING NO TO GOD

WANTING ME TO TELL MY

STORY OF HOW GOD CHANGED

MY LIFE.

Reporter: THAT STORY

STARTS IN SOUTH CAROLINA.

SHE WRITES ABOUT GROWING

UP IN A CHRISTIAN HOME,

BUT IT WASN'T UNTIL

COLLEGE THAT SHE CAME TO

KNOW JESUS.

I I WAS IN A BIBLE STUDY,

AND I STARTED TO

EXPERIENCE GOD AS I WAS

READING THE PAGES OF THIS

WORK BOOK AND STUDYING

SCRIPTURE.

Reporter: SHE WAS AT

A FRAT PARTY, OF ALL

PLACES, WHEN HER LIFE

CHANGED FOREVER.

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE

PARTY, I LOOKED AROUND AND

I SAID, I'M TIRED OF THIS.

I'M TIRED OF LIVING THIS

WAY ALMOST EVERY SINGLE

NIGHT IN COLLEGE.

AND I WALKED OUTSIDE AND

SAT DOWN ON THE STOOP, AND

I SAID, JESUS, I DON'T

KNOW HOW TO PRAY THIS, BUT

PLEASE COME INTO MY LIFE.

Reporter: SHE WRITES

ABOUT SEEKING GOD'S WILL.

THAT'S WHAT SHE THOUGHT

SHE WAS DOING WHILE

WORKING AT A SAN ANTONIO

AFFILIATE.

AND THEN IN 2006, FOX NEWS

CAME CALLING.

I'M FLYING IN AND I CAN

SEE ALL OF THE SK SKYSCRAPERS

ON THE GROUND, AND I

WROTE, HOW I ASKED THE

LORD TO GIVE ME FAVOR WITH

THE BOSSES, BUT ONLY IF IT

WAS GOD'S WILL.

Reporter: IT TOOK

MANY WEEKENDS OF TRAVEL

BEFORE HE MADE IT TO THE

CURVY COUCH.

PRESIDENT TRUMP CALLED HER

A TRULY GREAT PERSON AND

THE BOOK WONDERFUL.

Reporter: THE MEDIA

HAS THIS STORY OUT ABOUT

YOU THAT SAYS THAT YOU, IN

PARTICULAR, ARE AFRAID TO

CRITIQUE THE PRESIDENT.

OH, REALLY.

Reporter: HOW DO YOU

DEAL WITH THAT KIND OF

CRITICISM?

I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS

TRUE BECAUSE I ASKED HIM

SOME TOUGH QUESTIONS IN

THAT LAST INTERVIEW.

Reporter: SHE SAYS HE

TRIES HER BEST TO IGNORE

THE CRITICS.

THE HATERS OUT THERE, I

DON'T REALLY PAY ATTENTION

TO THEM BECAUSE I FEEL

LIKE I'M DOING THE BEST I

CAN.

Reporter: EVEN WITH

HER CURRENT SUCCESS, SHE

HAS SEEN LOWS IN HER

CAREER AND PERSONAL LIFE.

INCLUDING A DEVASTATING

DIVORCE.

THE YEAR THAT FOLLOWED,

YOU TALK ABOUT THAT THAT

WAS YOUR JESUS YEAR.

JESUS DIED WHEN HE WAS

33, AND WHEN I WAS 33, I

WAS COMING OUT OF A FAILED

MARRIAGE AND WAS IN A

REALLY LOW POINT IN MY

LIFE BECAUSE I WAS REALLY

SAD ABOUT THAT.

GOD HEALED ME SO MUCH

DURING THAT PERIOD.

SO I LOVED THAT YEAR

BECAUSE I LEANED ON GOD.

AND THEN AS A RESULT, I

STARTED CHECKING THINGS

OFF MY BUCKET LIST.

Reporter: SHE SAYS

SHE STARTED SPENDING MORE

TIME WITH FAMILIES AND

FRIENDS AND TRAVELLING.

AND EVENTUALLY MET HER

FUTURE HUSBAND, WILL.

THE TWO MARRIED IN 2 2012.

THREE YEARS LATER, SHE

LEARNED SHE WAS PREGNANT

BUT SHE LOST THE BABY.

HOW DID YOU GET THROUGH

THAT?

I GOT THROUGH MY

MISCARRIAGE WITH GOD.

I PRAYED AND PRAYED THAT

GOD WOULD GIVE ME A

HEALTHY BABY.

AND THE BABY WASN'T

HEALTHY, SO THE BABY IS

WITH GOD IN HEAVEN NOW.

AND I KNOW I'LL SEE THAT

BABY AGAIN.

I WENT HOME AND I JUST

CRIED THAT AFTERNOON.

Reporter: SHE SAYS

GOD NOT ONLY GOT HER

THROUGH THAT, BUT HE GAVE

HER HOPE FOR ANOTHER BABY.

I LEARNED AT THAT POINT

TO JUST TRUST GOD.

EVENTUALLY I GOD PREGNANT,

THREE MONTHS AFTER THAT

MISCARRIAGE.

Reporter: HAYDEN WAS

BORN IN 2015.

I PRAY I LIVE A VERY

LONG LIFE SO I CAN SEE HER

GET MARRIED AND HAVE

CHILDREN ONE DAY.

SHE IS SUCH A JOY, SHE IS

SUCH AN ANSWER TO PRAY,

AND SHE IS MY LITTLE

MIRACLE.

AND I JUST THANK GOD FOR

HER DAILY.

Reporter: AND SHE

THANKS HIM FOR ALL OF HER

OTHER BLESSINGS, TOO.

WHAT'S NEXT?

DO YOU WANT MORE KIDS?

PROFESSIONALLY, WHAT'S

NEXT?

AS FAR AS THE KIDS, I

GIVE THAT TO GOD.

I'M 41 YEARS OLD, AND I'M

HAVING THE TIME OF MY

LIFE.

AND I FEEL LIKE EVEN

THOUGH I HAVE GONE THROUGH

SOME DIFFICULT TIMES, THE

MAJORITY OF MY LIFE IS

FULL OF BLESSINGS.

AND EVEN THE BAD STUFF I'M

THANKFUL FOR.

Reporter: WHEN IT

COMES TO HER MEMOIR...

I HOPE PEOPLE SEE JESUS

IN THIS BOOK.

I HOPE IT IS NOT ABOUT

AINSLEY EARHART.

EVERYTHING IN THIS BOOK

THAT I HAVE DONE IN MY

LIFE IS BECAUSE OF GOD,

BECAUSE I ASKED HIM TO

COME INTO MY LIFE.

Reporter: JENNA

BROWDER, CBN NEWS.

Pat: THE BOOK IS

TITLED, "THE LIGHT WITHIN

ME."

AND YOU CAN FIND IT

WHEREVER BOOKS ARE SOLD.

TERRY?

Terry: COMING UP, A

RUNNER IS MOWED DOWN BY A

HIT-AND-RUN DRIVER, AND AN

EYE WITNESS TRIES TO HELP

HIM.

THE DRAGGING TOOK ALL

OF THE SKIN OFF.

YOU COULD SEE ALL OF HIS

MUSCLES LITERALLY

DETACHING FROM THE BONES.

Terry: WATCH WHAT

HAPPENS NEXT, WHEN WE COME

BACK.

Terry: CROSS COUNTRY

RUNNER MATTHEW MALONEY WAS

ENJOYING A SUMMER DAY WHEN

A CAR COMING OUT OF

NOWHERE HIT HIM AND NEVER

STOPPED MOVING.

MATTHEW WAS LYING ON THE

GROUND, WONDERING, AM I

DYING RIGHT NOW, WHEN A

WOMAN BEGAN PRAYING OVER

HIM.

SHE WAS A TRAUMA NURSE,

AND HER APPEARANCE ON THE

SCENE WAS JUST ONE OF MANY

MIRACLES THAT FOLLOWED.

WATCH.

I BELIEVE IN PRAYER

BECAUSE WHEN WE PRAY IN

AGREEMENT, THAT'S WHEN HE

BEGINS TO MOVE OR US ON

OUR BEHALF.

DURING MY ACCIDENT, PEOPLE

WERE PRAYING FOR A

MIRACLE, AND I GOT THE

MIRACLE.

Reporter: A FLORIDA

INTERSECTION MARKED THE

START OF MATTHEW'S

PAINFUL, BUT MIRACULOUS

JOURNEY.

THE THEN 18-YEAR-OLD

COUNTRY RUNNER SLOWED HIS

STRIDE TO STOP AT A

STOPLIGHT.

I WAS RUNNING THAT DAY,

EVERYTHING WAS STOPPED.

I HAD THE RIGHT-OF-WAY,

AND I HAD MADE EYE CONTACT

WITH THE TRUCK DRIVER.

Reporter: THE RETIRED

NAVY MEDIC STEVE SMITH

WATCHED THE TRAGEDY

UNFOLD.

I WAS WAITING ON THE

LIGHT TO CHANGE.

MATTHEW JUST CROSSED IN

FRONT OF A VEHICLE, AND I

COULD SEE A CAR SPEEDING.

AND MY DAUGHTER WAS, LIKE,

NO.

AS I WAS RUNNING

ACROSS, THE CAR CAME OUT

OF NOWHERE AND HIT ME

GOING ABOUT 60, 70 MILES

AN HOUR.

I WAS HOLDING ON TO THE

CAR, AND THEN I FLEW OFF

THE CAR AND LANDED ON A

PAVEMENT.

I TOOK MY TRUCK AND I

JUST TURNED IT SIDEWAYS

AND BLOCKED THE ROAD.

AND WHEN I JUMPED OUT OF

THE TRUCK TO GO SEE IF HE

WAS ALL RIGHT, ALL OF HIS

CLOTHES THAT DISCENTER DISSINT

DISSINTERATED, AND YOU

COULD SEE HIS MUSCLES

DETACHING FROM HIS BONES.

I TRIED TO GET UP, AND

THAT'S WHEN I REALIZED

THERE IS SOMETHING VERY,

VERY WRONG.

AND THERE WERE QUESTIONS

OF, AM I DYING RIGHT NOW?

THERE WAS WOMAN WHO BEGAN

TO TOUCH ME AND PRAY OVER

ME.

AND SHE WAS A NURSE.

Reporter: ROBIN WAS

IN HER CAR AND HEARD THE

COLLISION AS SHE

APPROACHED THE

INTERSECTION.

I GOT OUT, AND WALKED

OVER TO THE SEEN, AND SEEN

MATTHEW LAYING ON THE

GROUND.

HIS LEGS AND ARMS --

EVERYTHING LOOKED BROKEN

FROM HEAD TO TOE.

I KNELT DOWN NEXT TO HIM,

PRAYING FOR PEACE WITH

HIM, NO PAIN, THAT GOD

WOULD LET HIM LIVE.

HER TOUCH MEANT A LOT

TO ME, BECAUSE IT HAD ME

REMEMBER GOD CAN DO SO

MUCH MORE, EVEN WHEN I

CAN'T EVEN THINK RIGHT

NOW.

Reporter: JUST A MILE

AND A HALF FROM THE

ACCIDENT WAS THE SPRINGS

CHURCH, WHERE HIS FRIENDS

AND PASTOR BEGAN PRAYING.

IT SEEMED LIKE A VERY

GRAVE SITUATION.

THE REPORT BACK WAS LEGS

COULD BE AMPUTATED, HANDS

AMPUTATED, AND EVEN DEATH

WAS A POSSIBLE OUTCOME OF

IT.

WE BELIEVE AS YOU CALL

ON JESUS' NAME, HE IS ABLE

TO COME AND DO WHAT WE

CAN'T DO.

SO WE IMMEDIATELY BEGAN TO

PRAY.

THE DOCTORS WERE MOST

CONCERNED ABOUT MY LEGS

AND ARMS.

THEY WERE GETTING NO BLOOD

FLOW.

AT THAT TIME, I COULDN'T

ACTUALLY SPEAK, SO IN MY

HEART I BEGAN TO RESPOND

IN PRAYER.

IF I EVEN RIGHT NOW LOSE

MY LEGS AND LEFT ARM, HELP

MY HEART TO TAKE ME

THROUGH THIS.

Reporter: MATTHEW

SUFFERED MULTIPLE

FRACTURES.

AND 10 SURGERIES

IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED, WITH

THE THREAT OF AMPUTATION

STILL LINGERING.

OUR PASTOR SAID, WE'RE

GOING TO PRAY THAT MATTHEW

WILL WALK ACROSS THIS

STAGE ONE DAY.

THEY WERE PRAYING.

FAITH IS NOT ONLY JUST

BELIEVING, BUT EVEN THOUGH

YOU CAN'T SEE IT, KNOWING

GOD IS GOING TO STILL DO

WHAT HE SAID.

OUT OF PEOPLE PRAYING THE

NEXT DAY, THE DOCTORS CAME

IN AND SAID THEY FOUND

ANOTHER WAY TO KEEP YOUR

LEGS AND LEFT ARM.

Reporter: THREE

MONTHS LATER, MATTHEW LEFT

THE HOSPITAL FOR PHYSICAL

THERAPY THAT MOVED HIM

FROM WHEELCHAIR TO

WALKING.

IT WAS HORRIBLE AND

GRUELING.

I WAS IN PAIN.

I WANTED TO SO BADLY WALK,

AND I WAS STILL AND THE

SMALL STAGES OF LEARNING

HOW TO WALK.

STEP BY STEP, MATT.

STEPSTEP BY STEP.

WHEN I WALKED THE VERY

FIRST TIME, I WAS SO

EXCITED.

IT IS SO SIGNIFICANT.

I WAS, LIKE, LOOK AT

EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE,

LORD.

THIS IS SO COOL.

Reporter: BUT NOT

UNTIL MATTHEW RETURNED TO

HIS PRAYING CHURCH.

THAT WAS ONE OF THE

DAYS WHEN MATTHEW WALKED

BACK INTO THE CHURCH AFTER

THE HEALING PROCESS CAME,

TO HEAR JUST THE CHEERS

AND THE JOY AND THE SENSE

OF GOD ACTUALLY DOES

MIRACLES.

OUR SUFFERING IS

ACTUALLY THE PLACE THAT

THE BIBLE PROMISES JOY.

I'M GOING TO GO RUN TO GOD

AND GIVE HIM THE PAIN.

I'M GOING TO BE HONEST

ABOUT WHAT I'M GOING

THROUGH SO I CAN RECEIVE

THE JOY.

AND AT THE SAME TIME, I'M

GOING TO TRUST HIM.

Reporter: MATTHEW'S

BIGGEST STEP WAS STILL

AHEAD, CONFRONTING HIS

HIT-AND-RUN GUY.

I HATED HIS GUTS.

I HEARD HE WAS IN PRISON.

AND PRAYER WAS THE PLACE

THAT GOD CHANGED MY HEART

TO LOVE HIM.

I WAS AT ALL BITTER.

GOD HELPED ME.

Reporter: DURING THE

COURTROOM HEARING, MATTHEW

VERBALLY AND DIRECTLY

FORGAVE HIM.

I LOOKED HIM STRAIGHT

IN THE EYE, AND I SAID, I

FORGIVE YOU.

I FORGIVE YOU FOR ALL OF

MY WALKING ABILITY.

AND FOR EVEN RUNNING FROM

THE SCENE.

GOD HELPED ME TO FORGIVE

YOU AND LOVE YOU IN A

SECRET PLACE, AND THAT WAS

THE PLACE OF PRAYER.

HIS STORY IS EVIDENCE

THAT GOD IS STILL ABLE TO

ANSWER PRAYERS, AND GOD IS

EVERYTHING.

PRAYER IS EVERYTHING

FOR ME.

IT IS WHERE I SEE GOD

CHANGE MY HEART.

YOU HAVE TO ALLOW HIM TO

HELP YOU THROUGH YOUR

EVERY DAY LIFE.

Terry: WHAT AN

AMAZING STORY OF

RESTORATION, NOT JUST

PHYSICALLY, BUT

EMOTIONALLY AND

SPIRITUALLY.

MY GOODNESS.

Pat: TERRY, WE'RE

GOING TO PRAY.

AND HERE ARE SOME THINGS

THAT HAVE HAPPENED.

KRISTIN, WHO LIVES I IN NEW

JERSEY, SUFFERED A

DETACHED RETINA IN BOTH

EYES, AND DEEPLY WANTED TO

BE ABLE TO READ AGAIN.

ONE DAY SHE WAS WATCHING

THIS PROGRAM AND SHE HEARD

YOU SAY, QUOTE, "THERE IS

SOMEBODY WHO HAS SUFFERED

FROM TORN RETINA ISSUES.

YOU HAVE A SENSITIVITY

THERE, BUT GOD IS

RESTORING YOUR VISION."

AND AFTER RECEIVING THAT

WORD, SHE NOW SEES CLEARLY

AND IS PRAISING GOD.

Terry: WELL, I HAVE

AN EQUAL AMAZING ONE.

THIS IS DEBRA FROM NEWPORT

NEWS, VIRGINIA.

AND SHE WAS SUFFERING FROM

A GAGGING CONDITION FOR

YEARS.

IT WAS SO BAD SHE KEPT A

TRASH CAN NEARBY TO

REGURGITATE HER FOOD.

ONE DAY HER THROAT GOT SO

SWOLLEN, THE PARAMEDICS

WERE CALLED.

AFTER RETURNING HOME FROM

THE HOSPITAL, PAT, YOU

GAVE THIS KNOWLEDGE,

"SOMEBODY HAS A TERRIBLE

THROAT CONDITION.

AND YOU CAN HARDLY

SWALLOW.

TOUCH YOUR THROAT, GOD HAS

JUST HEALED YOU."

AND DEBRA WAS INSTANTLY

HEALED.

Pat: I DIDN'T KNOW

DEBRA, BUT GOD KNEW AND

TOUCHED HER.

Terry: WELL, LET'S

PRAY.

BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE ARE

WAITING FOR GOD TO DO

SOMETHING MIRACULOUS.

Pat: GOD, IN JESUS'

NAME, HOW WE THANK YOU.

LORD, HOW WE THANK YOU FOR

WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

WE SEE THESE MIRACULOUS

THINGS THAT TAKE PLACE.

LORD, THEY COULDN'T HAPPEN

WITHOUT YOU.

HOW WE THANK YOU, LORD.

NOW, LORD, THERE ARE

PEOPLE IN THIS AUDIENCE

WHO NEED PRAYER.

AND WE PRAY FOR THEM RIGHT

NOW.

THERE IS SOMEBODY, YOU'VE

GOT AN INFECTION, YOU'VE

GOT NIGHT SWEATS.

IT HAS JUST LEFT YOU

TERRIBLY DEBILITATED.

RIGHT NOW GOD IS HEALING

YOU, GIVING YOU STRENGTH,

AND ALL OF THAT VIRAL

INFECTION IS GOING AWAY

AND LEAVING YOUR BODY.

TERRY?

Terry: SOMEONE ELSE,

YOU HAVE TINNITIS.

AND IT DRIVES YOU CRAZY.

GOD IS HEALING THAT FOR

YOU, JUST AS QUICKLY AS IT

CAME IT IS GOING TO BE

GONE IN JESUS' NAME.

Pat: THERE ARE A

NUMBER OF YOU WHO HAVE

INTESTINAL ISSUES.

PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR

STOMACH AND INTESTINAL

AREA, AND BELIEVE GOT.

GOD.

IN THE NAME OF JESUS,

YOU'RE COMPLETELY HEALED.

RECEIVE AN ANSWER.

MAY THE ANOINTING OF THE

LORD TOUCH YOU AND MAY THE

BLESSING OF GOD REST UPON

YOU IN JESUS' NAME.

AMEN.

AND AMEN.

TERRY?

Terry: WE WANT YOU TO

KNOW IF YOU NEED PRAYER

FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC,

YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL OUR

PRAYER LINE.

IT'S: 1-800-700-7000.

> STILL AHEAD, LIKE

MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER.

JACKIE GREEN AND LAUREN

GREEN McAFEE JOIN US

LIVE.

HEAR HOW YOU CAN LIVE A

LEGACY-MINDED LIFE, COMING

UP.

Efrem: AND WELCOME

BACK TO "THE 700 CLUB."

MILITARY VETERANS NOW HAVE

MORE OPTIONS FOR MEDICAL

CARE.

AT A ROSE GARDEN EVENT ON

WEDNESDAY, PRESIDENT TRUMP

SIGNED A LAW EXPANDING

MEDICAL CARE FOR VETS.

IT ALLOWS THEM TO SEE

PRIVATE DOCTORS IF THEY'RE

NOT GETTING TIMELY QUALITY

CARE WITHIN THE V.A.

HEALTH SYSTEM.

THE V.A. HAS BEEN ROCKED

BY SCANDAL GOING BACK TO

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION,

WITH STORIES OF VETERANS

WAITING FOR MONTHS FOR

MEDICAL TREATMENT AT ITS

CENTERS.

HOUSE REPUBLICANS ARE

SEEKING A CONSENSUS ON THE

ISSUE OF IMMIGRATION, BUT

THEY HAVEN'T HAD MUCH

SUCCESS IN THE PAST.

THE MAJOR HANGUP IS HOW TO

OFFER CITIZENSHIP TO YOUNG

IMMIGRANTS WHO ENTER THE

U.S. ILLEGALLY WITH THEIR

PARENTS.

G.O.P. LEADERS BELIEVE

FINDING A SOLUTION IS

CRUCIAL TO KEEPING CONTROL

OF THE HOUSE IN THE

NOVEMBER ELECTIONS.

> REMEMBER, YOU CAN

ALWAYS GET THE LATEST FROM

CBN NEWS BY GOING TO OUR

WEBSITE AT cbnnews.com.

PAT AND TERRY ARE BACK

WITH MUCH MORE OF TODAY'S

"700 CLUB."

IT'S COMING UP RIGHT AFTER

THIS.

Terry: WELL, THE

GREEN FAMILY HAS LONG BEEN

KNOWN FOR THEIR SUPER

SUCCESSFUL "HOBBY LOBBY"

STORES AND FOR THE AMAZING

MUSEUM OF THE BIBLE IN OUR

NATION'S CAPITOL.

NOW TWO MEMBERS OF THE

FAMILY WANT TO HELP WOMEN

CREATE THEIR OWN LASTING

LEGACIES.

TAKE A LOOK.

Reporter: JAC JACKIE

GREEN IS THE WIFE OF OWNER

OF HOBBY LOBBY.

NOW, JACKIE TEAMS UP WITH

HER DAUGHTER, LAUREN GREEN

McAFEE, TO ENCOURAGE

WOMEN TO SHAPE THE FUTURE

THROUGH THEIR FAITH,

FAMILY, GIFTS, AND

LEADERSHIP.

IN THEIR BOOK, "ONLY ONE

LIFE," THE MOTHER DAUGHTER

DUO SHARE PAST AND PRESENT

CHANGING WOMEN.

Terry: PLEASE WELCOME

TO "THE 700 CLUB" JACKIE

GREEN AND LAUREN GREEN

McAFEE.

JACKIE, WHAT MADE YOU FEEL

LIKE YOU WANTED TO WRITE

THIS BOOK?

I FELT LIKE WOMEN

NEEDED TO BE ENCOURAGE

WHEREVER THEY ARE TODAY IN

THEIR LIVES.

I LOVE THE SUB TITLE, HOW

WOMEN'S EVERY DAY SHAPES

AN ETERNAL LEGACY.

IT IS NOT SOMETHING -- IT

IS SOMETHING WE DO EVERY

DAY THAT ADD UP.

Terry: IT IS THE

LITTLE THINGS THAT ADD UP.

AND BECAUSE OF THAT, IT

DOESN'T ALWAYS FEEL LIKE

SOMETHING OF LASTING

SIGNIFICANCE IS HAPPENING,

RIGHT, LAUREN?

RIGHT.

YOU CAN GET INTO THE

MUNDANE AND NOT REALIZE

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THAT.

IN THE MIDST OF WHATEVER

IT IS GOD HAS PLACED IN

OUR PATH, WE'RE LOOKING TO

WHAT WE CAN DO TO HONOR

HIM AND GLORIFY HIM AND

SERVE HIM IN THIS SEASON,

AND THEN WE CAN SHAPE AN

ETERNAL SITUATION THAT CAN

LAST FOR GENERATIONS,

AFTER WE'RE GONE.

Terry: I LOVE THAT.

LIVING INTENTIONALLY.

WHAT WAS IT LIKE FOR YOU

TO DO THIS PROJECT

TOGETHER AT MOM AND

DAUGHTER?

THAT CAN BE PAINFUL ALONE.

THAT'S TRUE.

IT TAKES A LOT OF

DISCIPLINE.

I THINK OUR BIGGEST

CHALLENGE WAS THE

SCHEDULING, TRYING TO FIND

TIME TOGETHER.

BUT IT WAS REALLY

INTERESTING FOR US TO GET

TO KNOW MORE ABOUT EACH

OTHER -- NOW MY DAUGHTER

IS AN ADULT.

AND LIKE SHE SAYS, SHE

WASN'T AROUND FOR A LOT OF

MY LIFE.

I LEARNED THINGS ABOUT

MOM, BECAUSE I WASN'T

THERE WHEN SHE WAS GROWING

UP, OBVIOUSLY, AND SO IT

WAS FUN TO HEAR STORIES OF

HER AND WHAT SHAPED HER

WHEN SHE WAS MY AGE.

Terry: HOW DO YOU

DEFINE LEGACY, JACKIE?

THAT'S A GOOD QUESTION.

SO OFTEN WE THINK IT IS

WHAT WE HANDED DOWN

MONETARILY, BUT I THINK IT

IS SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT.

OUR LEGACY STORY IS WHAT

PEOPLE WILL REMEMBER ABOUT

US WHEN WE'RE GONE, AND

WHAT SHAPED OUR LEGACY

STORY, WHICH I THINK --

HAVING A FOUNDATION OF THE

BIBLE FOR ME IS IMPORTANT

FOR ME TO PASS DOWN THAT

LOVE FOR THE BIBLE.

AND MY FOUNDATION OF WHO I

AM IS ROOTED THERE.

Terry: I THINK SO

MANY TIMES, WHEN IT COMES

TO LEGACY, WE DO THINK NOT

JUST ABOUT THE FINANCIAL,

BUT SOMETIMES BECAUSE WE

DON'T RECOGNIZE THE VALUE

OF WHAT WE'RE DOING, AS

YOU WERE SAYING EARLIER,

LAUREN, WE DON'T REALIZE

WE'RE LEAVING A FOOT

PRINTER BY THFOOTPRINTBY THE WAY WE LIVE.

AND WE HAVE THE

OPPORTUNITY TO DO IT WITH

INTENT.

IN THE BARCLAY BARCLAYS BOOK, RELIGHT 3 6

DIFFERENT WAY, AND THEY

SPAN HUNDREDS OF YEARS AND

GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATIONS.

IT IS AN ENCOURAGEMENT

THAT WOMEN, NO MATTER

WHERE THEY ARE, CAN SHAPE

DIFFERENCES.

Terry: WHAT I LOVE

ABOUT IT IS YOU MIXED

WOMEN THAT WE KNOW IN THE

BIBLE, AND YOU ELABORATED

ON THEIR STORIES IN WAYS

THAT BRING THEM CLOSER TO

OUR HEARTS.

AND, ALSO, YOU USED

EVERYDAY WOMEN.

YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW.

THAT'S TRUE.

WE USED WOMEN FROM THE

BIBLE, EACH CHAPTER, AND A

MODERN DAY WOMAN WHO IS

LIVING OUT THAT WALK RIGHT

NOW.

WE THOUGHT IT WAS

IMPORTANT TO SEE THAT IT

CROSSES, LIKE SHE

MENTIONED, ALL BOUNDARIES.

Terry: DO YOU HAVE A

FAVOURITE?

ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS

ELIZABETH, WHO WAS A NANNY

TO WINSTON CHURCHILL.

AND HE ATTRIBUTES HIS

FAITH AND CONVICTION TO

THE LEGACY THAT SHE

INSTILLED IN HIM.

HE WENT ON TO CHANGE THE

WORLD, AS WE KNOW IT

TODAY, AND THAT IS A

LEGACY TO ELIZABETH.

Terry: JACKIE, WHAT

ABOUT YOU?

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE?

I DO HAVE A FAVORITE.

MARY, THE MOTHER OF JESUS.

I JUST LOVE REVISITING HER

STORY.

SHE IS IN OUR FAITH

CHAPTER.

AND THE FAITH THAT SHE HAD

TO SAY SHE BELIEVED IN THE

IMPOSSIBLE, AND SHE WAS

OBEDIENT TO JUST WALK IN

FAITH.

Terry: WE DON'T OFTEN

HEAR THIS.

YOU KIND OF HAVE TO JUST

READ IT BETWEEN THE LINES,

KNOWING THE CULTURE OF THE

DAY, BUT WHAT GOD ASKED OF

HER ALSO BROUGHT DOWN SOME

SHAME, AND JUST AN

UNDERSTANDING OF WHO HER

SON WAS, IN THE MIDDLE OF

SEEING THE WORLD AROUND

HER CRUMBLING.

IT WAS A ROLE THAT MEANT

SACRIFICE.

ABSOLUTELY.

SHE SAW PAST THE CONFLICT

AND LOOKED FOR THE

MIRACLE.

I THINK THAT IS A GOOD,

VALUABLE LESSON FOR EVERY

ONE OF US.

Terry: YOU TALK ABOUT

VARIOUS WOMEN THROUGHOUT

THE BOOK, BUT YOU ALSO

TALK ABOUT THE QUALITIES

THAT THESE WOMEN HAD THAT

MADE SUCH A DIFFERENCE IN

THEIR LIVES.

COULD EACH OF YOU EXPOUND

ON A COUPLE THAT MATTER TO

YOU.

WE HAVE A -- SOME OF

THE ONES THAT MEANT A LOT

TO ME ARE THE CHAPTERS ON

COURAGE, TENACITY, AND

BOLDNESS.

I FOUND FOR MY OWN LIFE

STAGE RIGHT NOW, THAT WAS

SOMETHING THAT I NEEDED.

AND I GAINED A LOT OF

COURAGE FROM THE WOMEN WHO

LEFT A LEGACY OF COURAGE.

Terry: YOU BOTH TALK

ABOUT THAT IN THE BOOK,

THAT GOD TOOK YOU TO

PLACES YOU DIDN'T FEEL

QUALIFIED FOR, AND THAT

MADE YOU KIND OF GULP WHEN

YOU WERE SORT OF RECEIVING

YOUR SPIRITUAL ORDERS.

JACKIE, THAT WAS HARD FOR

YOU, TOO?

COURAGE WAS ONE OF MY

TOP ONES.

COURAGE, FAITH, AND

WISDOM.

I'VE HAD TO GO A LOT OF

PLACES I NEVER, EVER

DREAMED I WOULD.

I WAS CONTENT BEING A MOM

OF SIX KIDS AND INVESTING

IN THEM.

I WAS SHAPING THAT LEGACY

STORY THROUGH MY CHILDREN

FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS.

BUT I FOUND GOD TAKING ME

ON A DIFFERENT PATH.

SO OFTEN HE DOES.

AND HE EQUIPS THOSE HE IS

CALLING.

I FOUND THAT TO BE TRUE IN

MY LIFE.

THAT I DID NOT FEEL

PREPARED, BUT I TRUSTED IN

HIM AND I HAD TO WALK IN

THAT FAITH.

Terry: YOU ARE BOTH

OBVIOUSLY LOVERS OF THE

WORD.

WHAT DO YOU WANT THE

TAKE-AWAY FROM YOUR BOOK

TO BE?

I THINK THE BIGGEST

THING I WANT WOMEN TO TAKE

AWAY IS TO BE INSPIRED AND

TO REALIZE THEY HAVE A

PURPOSE, AND THAT THEIR

EVERY DAY COUNTS.

AND TO JUST CARRY ON DOING

WHAT GOD IS CALLING THEM

TO DO, AND KNOW THEY ARE

EQUIPPED.

HE WILL ENABLE THEM AND

EMPOWER THEM TO DO WHAT

THEY NEED TO DO.

Terry: LAUREN, DID

WRITING IT CHANGE YOUR

LIFE?

IT DID.

AS WE INTERACTED WITH THE

STORIES OF THESE WOMEN AND

RESEARCHED THEIR LIVES AND

TRIED TO CONVEY THAT

THROUGH THE WRITTEN WORD,

IT DID SHAPE ME.

GETTING TO THE READ THE

STORIES OF WOMEN WHO CAME

UP TO GREAT OBSTACLES IN

LIFE AND SOMEHOW FOUND A

WAY TO OVERCOME THAT

BECAUSE OF THEIR LOVE OF

THE BIBLE AND THEIR LOVE

OF GOD.

Terry: WELL, IT

INSPIRED ME AS I READ IT.

I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW

ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT WILL

INSPIRE YOU, TOO.

JACKIE AND LAUREN'S BOOK

IS, "ONLY ONE LIFE: HOW A

WOMAN'S EVERY DAY SHAPES

AN ETERNAL LEGACY."

THAT'S YOU, LADIES.

IT IS AVAILABLE WHERE

BOOKS ARE SOLD.

AND YOU CAN HEAR MORE FROM

JACKIE AND LAUREN IN OUR

SOCIAL EXCLUSIVE ON

Facebook.

JUST GO TO

Facebook.com/700club.

THANK YOU BOTH, A GREAT

BOOK.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU FOR HAVING

US.

INTERPRETER STILL AHEAD,

WE'VE GOT YOUR E-MAIL.

ELIZABETH ASKS, "DO YOU

THINK USING BIRTH CONTROL

IS A SIN?"

YOUR QUESTIONS AND HONEST

ANSWERS ARE COMING UP.

Pat: YOU'RE WATCHING

"THE 700 CLUB."

AND WE'RE SO HAPPY TO HAVE

YOU WITH US.

THERE IS MORE COMING.

I'VE GOT YOUR QUESTIONS,

AND WE'LL GIVE YOU WHAT WE

THINK ARE HONEST ANSWERS.

FIRST OF ALL, BABY

BETASHRI IS BOTH HAPPY AND

HEALTHY.

BUT NOT LONG AGO, THIS

LITTLE GIRL WAS STRUGGLING

TO SURVIVE.

AND EVEN MEMBERS OF HER

EXTENDED FAMILY THOUGHT

SHE WAS CURSED.

Reporter: WHEN HER

BABY WAS BORN WITH A CLEFT

LIP, RENUKA HAD TO DEAL

WITH THE COMMENTS OF HER

SUPERSTITIOUS RELATIVES.

THEY SAID I GAVE MY

BABY THIS CURSE BECAUSE I

CUT FOOD DURING AN

ECLIPSE.

Reporter: SHE

STRUGGLED DAILY TO FEED

HER BABY.

SHE CHOKES WHEN I TRY

TO GIVE HER MILK.

Reporter: THEY KNEW

THEIR BABY NEEDED SURGERY,

BUT THEY COULDN'T AFFORD

ITMENT.

>IT.

I'M A DRIVER AND I ONLY

EARN A FEW DOLLARS EACH

MONTH.

MY MOTHER, MY WIFE, AND

THREE CHILDREN ALL HAVE TO

LIVE ON THIS INCOME.

Reporter: THEN THEY

HEARD ABOUT A HOSPITAL

WHERE CBN PROVIDED

CHILDREN WITH FREE CLEFT

LIP SURGERIES.

SOON THEIR BABY GOT THE

SURGERY THEY NEEDED.

NOW MY BABY IS ABLE TO

DRINK MILK PROPERLY.

SHE IS HEALTHY AND VERY

PLAYFUL.

MY WIFE AND I ARE SO

HAPPY.

OUR DAUGHTER WILL NOT HAVE

TO GROW UP BEING TEASED BY

OTHERS.

SHE WILL HAVE A GOOD LIFE.

I'M GRATEFUL TO CBN FOR

HELPING OUR DAUGHTER.

WE WERE IN NEED, AND CBN

REACHED OUT TO US.

THANK YOU.

Pat: CAN YOU IMAGINE

WHAT THAT SWEET LITTLE

GIRL WOULD GROW UP BEING

IF SHE HAD A HOLE IN HER

FACE THAT WAY?

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE LIFE?

THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO

MARRIAGE, NO CHILDREN, NO

FELLOWSHIP, NO PEOPLE

HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH

HER.

IN A SUPERSTITIOUS

SOCIETY, THEY THINK SHE

HAS BEEN CURSED, THAT IS

DEVIL IS IN HER OR

SOMETHING.

BUT IT CAME ABOUT BECAUSE

PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT TO DO

SOMETHING.

AND WE HAVE TEAMS OF

PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD --

I HAVE MET ONE LADY WHO

WAS SO SKILLFUL, I

COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW GOOD

SHE WAS.

AND THE WORK SHE DID WAS

JUST EXTRAORDINARY.

BUT SHE JUST GAVE OF

HERSELF.

SHE COULD BE MAKING A LOT

OF MONEY AS A DOCTOR IN

THE DEVELOPED COUNTRIES,

BUT SHE WANTED TO GO INTO,

I THINK, CHINA AND OPERATE

ON PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY

CARE.

SO IF YOU WANT TO HELP

PEOPLE, THAT'S ONE OF THE

THINGS WE DO.

WE CARE ABOUT PEOPLE WHO

HURT.

AND IF WE CAN REACH OUT

AND TOUCH THEM, WE WANT TO

DO IT.

AND WHAT DOES IT TAKE?

I THINK A LEFT PALATE IS

CLOSE TO $500 TO GET THE

WHOLE THING DONE.

AND THAT'S A DISCOUNT TO

THE DOCTORS WORKING.

BUT THAT LITTLE BIT CAN

CHANGE A LIFE FOREVER.

THAT'S WHAT'S IMPORTANT.

CAN YOU PUT A DOLLAR ON

THAT?

OF COURSE NOT.

WELL, IF ALL OF US GET

TOGETHER AT "700 CLUB," WE

CAN REACH OUT TO THAT

LITTLE BABY AND PEOPLE

LIKE HER.

AND WE CAN HELP THEM.

NOW, WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO

BE A "700 CLUB" MEMBER?

IT IS JUST 65 CENTS A DAY.

JUST 65 CENTS.

THAT'S $20 A MONTH.

AND YOU CA COULD BE A "700

CLUB" MEMBER.

NOW, WE WANT TO SEND

SOMETHING TO YOU THAT I

THINK WILL BLESS YOU.

THIS IS CALLED "ANGELS."

I WAS READING YESTERDAY,

AS I RECALL, ABOUT AN

ANGEL THAT CAME TO JOSEPH

AND TOLD HIM WHAT TO DO

WITH MARY AND THE YOUNG

CHILD, JESUS.

THE ANGEL CAME TWICE.

THEY SAID, LOOK, THEY'RE

TRYING TO KILL YOU.

GET OUT OF HERE AND GO TO

EGYPT.

YOU DON'T WANT TO GO INTO

JUDEA.

GO INTO GALILEE.

ALL RIGHT.

ANGELS.

ANGELS, THEIR POWER AND

PRESENCE.

WE'LL GIVE THIS TO YOU AS

OUR GIFT WHEN YOU JOIN

"THE 700 CLUB."

Terry: I WANTED TO

SHARE WITH YOU EMERSON AND

EVA HAVE SEEN THE D.V.D.

YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND

SAID, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

FOR THE ANGELS D.V.D.

WHAT A WONDERFUL,

ENCOURAGING, AND INSPIRING

GROUP OF STORIES, THAT

LET'S US KNOW THERE ARE

ANGELS ALL AROUND US.

GOD IS GREAT."

AND IT IS AN INSPIRING

D.V.D., PAT.

LOVE THE STORIES ON THERE.

Pat: OKAY, LET'S DO

SOME QUESTIONS.

Terry: I'M READY.

THIS FIRST ONE COMES FROM

ELIZABETH WHO SAYS, "DO

YOU THINK USING BIRTH

CONTROL IS A SIN?

HIGH HUSBAND AND I ALREADY

HAVE CHILDREN AND I JUST

DON'T THINK I COULD HANDLE

ANYMORE RIGHT NOW, BUT I

ALSO DON'T KNOW IF USING

BIRTH CONTROL IS

BIBLICAL."

Pat: WELL, OUR DEAR

CATHOLIC FRIENDS THINK

THAT IT IS A SIN, AND

THEREFORE THEY HAVE WHAT

THEY CALL -- PEOPLE

LAUGHINGLY CALL IT

CATHOLIC ROULETTE.

THEY TRY TO TIME SOMEBODY

ON THE WOMAN'S CYCLE, AND

GET HER WHEN SHE IS NOT

GOING TO GET PREGNANT.

I THINK THAT IS REALLY

UNBIBLICAL.

I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH

FAMILIEFAMILY PLANNING.

I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH

DECIDING HOW MANY CHILDREN

YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE, AND

YOU'RE GOING TO BRING THEM

UP AND LOVE THEM.

AND YOU DON'T WANT 10, 15

CHILDREN AND YOU CAN'T

TAKE CARE OF THEM.

IN MY OPINION, THERE IS NO

SIN IN BIRTH CONTROL.

I THINK IT IS SOMETHING A

LOT OF PEOPLE PRACTICE.

I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT.

FAMILY PLANNING IS

IMPORTANT.

SO IT'S A GOOD THING, IN

MY OPINION.

BUT, AGAIN, THERE ARE VERY

DEDICATELY, GODLY PEOPLE

WHO DISAGREE WITH ME.

Terry: THIS VIEWER

SAYS, "HOW CAN A BELIEVER

LOSE OR GAIN THEIR ETERNAL

REWARDS.

I DON'T WANT MY OWN SIN TO

CAUSE ME TO CONTINUE TO

GRIEVE GOD, BUT I ALSO

DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY

REWARD.

GOD KNOWS ABOUT THESE

FEARS OF MINE, BUT I DON'T

KNOW HOW HE'LL HANDLE ME

IN ETERNITY."

Pat: I HAVE NO WAY OF

DESCRIBING WHAT IS GOING

TO HAPPEN TO YOU IN

ETERNITY BECAUSE I REALLY

DON'T KNOW.

BUT THE BIBLE TALKS ABOUT

IF YOU GIVE A CUP OF WATER

TO SOMEBODY BECAUSE HE IS

THE SERVANT OF THE BIBLE,

YOU WON'T LOSE YOUR

REWARD.

EVERYBODY WILL STAND

BEFORE THE JUDGMENT SEAT

OF CHRIST.

SO THE BIBLE IS CLEAR THAT

THERE ARE REWARDS AND A

CERTAIN AMOUNT OF

PUNISHMENT FOR PEOPLE,

DEPENDING ON THE WAY THEY

LIVE.

IT DOES NOT AFFECT THEIR

ETERNAL SA SALVATION, WHICH

IS A MATTER OF TRUSTING IN

THE LORD.

FOR THOSE WHO DO TRUST IN

THE LORD -- I CAN'T SAY

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU

BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU'VE

DONE OR HAVEN'T DONE.

I THINK THE THING WE

SHOULD ALL DOW I DO IS SEEK TO

SERVE THE LORD IN THE WAY

THAT HE SHOWS US.

IF WE SEEK TO BE

OBEDIENT -- THE BIBLE IS

PRETTY CLEAR ABOUT HOW HE

WANTS US TO LIVE.

THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL SHOW

US DAY BY DAY BY DAY WHAT

THE COURSE IS.

AND IF WE WILL FOLLOW HIM

DEDICATED -- WITH

DETERMINATION AND ZEAL, HE

WILL GIVE US THE

APPROPRIATE REWARD IN

HEAVEN.

Terry: OKAY.

THIS IS SUSAN WHO SAYS, IF

A WOMAN IS CHEATED ON AND

HER HUSBAND LEAVES HER FOR

ANOTHER WOMAN, SHE IS

ALLOWED TO DIVORCE, ISN'T

THAT CORRECT?

THEN WHY DOES THE BIBLE

SAY IF THE MAN MARRIES

HER, A DIVORCED WOMAN, HE

COMMITS ADULTERY?"

Pat: THE BIBLE HAS

THE PROVISION OF WHAT YOU

SAID, THAT IS AN

EXCEPTION.

IT IS PERMISSIBLE IN THE

CASE OF ADULTERY.

THAT'S WHAT JESUS SAID IS

PERMISSIBLE.

I'M LOOKING AT WHAT I CALL

THE PAULINE PRIVILEGE, AND

I'M LOOKING AT WHAT IS

CONSIDERED DETRUCTIVE

DESERTION.

YOU'VE GOT TO READ THEM

TOGETHER.

Terry: WELL, THAT'S

ALL OF THE TIME WE HAVE

FOR NOW, BUT WE DO WANT TO

SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR

QUESTIONS BECAUSE WE LOVE

HEARING FROM YOU.

AND WE HOPE YOU TUNE IN

WHEN WE HAVE AN

OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE PAT

ANSWER THEM.

Pat: WE YOU WITH THE

POWER MINUTE FROM

EPHESIANS: "BE KIND TO

ONE ANOTHER, FORGIVING ONE

ANOTHER, EVEN AS GOD IN

CHRIST FORGAVE YOU."

> TOMORROW, A VETERAN

INJURED IN THE ARMY IS

INSTANTLY HEALED AFTER

DECADES OF PAIN.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT

IS.

GOD BLESS YOU.

THANKS FOR BEING WITH US.

I BELIEVE GORDON WILL BE

HERE AND TERRY WILL BE

HERE ON TOMORROW'S

PROGRAM, AND WE HOPE

YOU'LL ALL BE HERE.

I'LL BE BACK ON MONDAY.

SEE YOU THEN.

BYE-BYE.

EMBED THIS VIDEO

Related Podcasts


CBN.com | Do You Know Jesus? | Privacy Notice | Prayer Requests | Support CBN | Contact Us | Feedback
© 2012 Christian Broadcasting Network