There was no lasting relief for Wilbur's sudden back and hip pain, but then he remembered something he'd learned long ago.
- [Narrator] In 2015in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Wilbur Zook was enjoying lifeas a healthy 83 year old.
Then one day he woke up with intense pain
in his back and hip.
- The first thought was I think if I take
a little pain medication it'll go away
because that's the way I've always lived.
It seemed like it wasalways something temporary.
- [Narrator] But the pain persisited
and Wilbur soon foundhimself unable to move
without using a cane.
- It was takin' awaysome of my independence.
I probably couldn't do all the things
that I've always done.
And so I'd have to readjustmy life to live with it.
Satan's a terrible guy.
He tries to convince you thatthis is normal and it's not.
(car door opening)
- [Narrator] Wilbur startedgoing to a chiropractor.
But the pain continued to nag him.
- There's a lot of things thatyou just used to do normally
and automatically all thesudden become a problem.
It took me extra time to get out of bed.
It took me extra time toget in and out of the car.
When you're used to moving it's not good.
(car door closing)
- [Narrator] Wilbur decidedto try physical therapy.
There he was diagnosedwith segmental dysfunction
and degeneration in his back and hip.
Though therapy helpedWilbur manage his pain
the therapist said weeklytreatments were his only option
for lasting relief.
- I may need this the rest of my life.
And I wasn't happy with that at all.
- [Narrator] It was thenthat Wilbur, a pastor's son,
recalled something hehad learned long ago.
- Then I did remember a 700 Club Program
where this guy got onthere and he explained
how God healed him and itwas that he went through
and dug out healing scriptures.
And every morning he would pray over them
and ask for healingand then thank the Lord
for this healing.
And then I said I know God can heal me.
Why am I not going to Him first?
- [Narrator] Wilbur spentthe next month meditating
on healing scriptures and believing God
for complete healing.
- By His stripes I amhealed and I was believing.
I said it's time to believe it.
I think I started outasking God for forgiveness
for not believing His word.
That He would touch my heart.
- [Narrator] Then on the30th day of prayer ...
- I got up that morning andmy cane was still settin'
beside my bed.
And I could stand up withoutany pain, without the cane.
I started praising the Lord.
My hands went up in the air.
And I couldn't stop it, it was something
that God had done for me.
And I want to acknowledge His presence.
- [Narrator] Wilbur told everyone he could
about the goodness he experiencedin the Lord's healing.
- Where's your cane?
I said I don't need it anymore,God healed me last night.
He said how'd that happen?
And I'd had to tell himyou know that it came
because I trusted Godthat His word is true.
- [Narrator] Today Wilburis still pain-free.
He no longer needs acane as he stays active
in his community and iseven planning his wedding
with his fiance Trudy.
- I read healing scriptures every morning.
And that's kept mehealthy and my doctor says
I'm the healthiest 85year old she's ever seen.
So it's been a good lesson for me to learn
that do everything you canwith man's ideas and stuff,
but it's really God thathas the real answers.