Michelle found purpose in helping others as a professional caregiver, but when a shoulder injury threatened her ability to perform even the simplest tasks, she was concerned about the long-term impact of the growing pain.
- Started out like achyand I would try and like
go home and rest and lay on my back
and it just all the suddenturned into this sharp pain.
- [Narrator] It had takenjust a couple of days
for the ache in Michelle Ebee's shoulder
to turn into excruciating pain.
A professional caregiver,she says it happened
while moving a patient who was paralyzed.
- He was heavier than I was used to moving
and so I'd be like moving him around
and I tore something inmy shoulder, or something,
I don't even rememberhearing a pop or anything.
- [Narrator] Twice she had to miss work
as even the simplesttasks became unbearable.
- Washing my hair wasa challenge, honestly.
Anything that was moving myarm any further than here.
So dishes, putting dishesaway, I had to get my roommate
to get everything fromthe top shelf for me.
I'd just be popping Advil all the time,
nothing helped, likethat didn't even help.
I had to put a coldcompress on it every hour.
- [Narrator] By Sunday thepain had spread to her neck
and other shoulder and she asked
her pastors to pray for her.
As they did, she feltGod gave her a promise.
- He just affirmed to myheart that this wasn't
something that was going to be long term.
- [Narrator] As it so happened,the church's week long
summer camp started on Monday.
As a youth leader, Michellewas determined to go,
despite the pain.
- It was a brutal first day
and it was just really, really painful.
- [Narrator] Even raisingher hands during the worship
service that night was excruciating.
- So I would be worshipingeither like this
or like this because I couldn'traise the shoulder at all.
And I was like okay God, Iknow you're gonna heal me.
Please heal me, please heal me.
And then I was just like no, can't do it.
- [Narrator] Then the nextday Michelle was on her way
to the morning servicewhen the pastors wife, Jan,
caught up with her.
- And I just walked rightup to her and said Michelle,
you're not gonna believe this,but this is what's happened.
- [Narrator] Jan said earlier that morning
she was watching The700 Club on her laptop
while getting ready to leave.
- And there was a wordof knowledge for someone
who had severe pain in their shoulder.
- As someone you got severeproblems in your right shoulder,
it's a deep injury andit's like your shoulder
has locked up and God'shealing and he's restoring it.
Just begin to do whatyou couldn't do before
and realize God is healedyou, he's set you free.
- I thought that is for Michelle,
I am gonna claim that for Michelle.
- I just looked at her and I was like wow,
that one's for me, justpray for me right now.
- [Narrator] After Jan prayed,
Michelle went into the worship service.
- Worship starts and I was likeokay, well, let's test this.
And all the way up, they just like,
I was able to lift themboth and I was like,
oh my gosh, the pain's gone,
and I just cracked up laughingin the middle of a song.
- [Narrator] After worship ended,
Michelle couldn't wait to tell Jan.
Jan even took some videoshe posted on Facebook.
- Hands at her shoulder, weprayed, and look at this.
That is the shoulder, oh my gosh!
Only believe, Jesus said only believe.
Well, she just went happy crazy.
She just was so excited andjust lifted up her hands
and just began to worship the Lord.
And so we knew that she was touched.
- [Narrator] Today, Michelle's shoulder
has not given her anyproblems and has strengthened
her faith in God.
- Totally changed my lifehaving that moment happen.
God wants to heal us, hewants to see us thriving
because he loves us and because
we love him we can believe forothers to be healed as well.