Jerusalem Prayer Summit Seeks to Unite Jewish, Arab and American Believers
- [Host] Author and MiddleEast expert, Joe Rosenberg,
organized this conferencewith a major theme in mind.
- We were trying to focus on prayer
and on unity between Israeli,Jewish, and Arab believers
and between the Messianic body of Israel
and the Palestinian believers.
- [Host] Rosenberg wantsto connect believers
in the west to the Holy Landby bringing Middle America
to the Middle East.
- What we could do uniquelywas focus people on,
how do you pray, what does it mean to pray
for the peace of Jerusalem?
We say that but, what does that mean?
How can we pray scriptureand how can we pray
with the faces of Jewish and Arab,
Israeli and Palestinianbelievers right in front of us?
Stories we never knewbefore that would give us
a chance to say, nowwhen I go back to Wichita
or to San Diego, wherever,now I have a sense of
who I'm praying for.
- [Host] Two U.S. evangelical leaders
saw those faces andexperienced that unity.
- It's the body of Christ, you know?
We're not divided, so there'sneither Jew nor Greek,
there's neither slave nor free,
there's neither male nor female,
so we're one in Christand so, to come together,
which they're doing here at this summit,
is just ya know, it's a revelation of what
the body of Christ isand as it was pointed out
this morning, that's a testimony
to who Jesus is.
It's a testimony to the world
that we can be one.
- That is really enlighteningto be able to come
and to see the two brought to one
through Jesus Christ andI think that's the real
testimony of being here this week.
- [Host] Ronnie Floyd, the Director of the
National Day of Prayer, talkedabout the power of prayer.
- So, I talked aboutthe undeniable reality
and connectivity betweenprayer and the Holy Spirit
and boldness, and the samething that is needed here
in courage in the MiddleEast for believers
is the very same thingthat's needed in America.
- [Host] Rosenberg hopes thesummit can shine a wider light
on the body of Christ in the holy land.
- And we forget to everthink about the fact that
there are Palestinianswho do know the lord
and there are Palestinianswho need to know the Lord.
So, when we get excited about one side
to the exclusion of the other,
this is not really God's heart.
He does love Israel.
He does love the Jewish peopleand he's got a plan for them,
but he also loves the Arabs.
In Christ and Christ alone,God is bringing the very peace
that all the rest of theworld wants for this region.
It's tough to find outside of Christ.
- [Host] Chris Mitchell,CBN News, Jerusalem.