'Aliyah' Fulfilling Bible Prophecy: Anti-Semitism a Factor in New Wave of Immigrants to Israel
- [Narrator] In Hebrew, it's called Aliyah
or going up to the land of Israel.
And these immigrants are joining thousands
of other Israelis who havemade Aliyah in the 70 years
since Israel became a modern nation.
Both outgoing Jewish AgencyChairman, Natan Sharansky,
and the new Chairman, Isaac Herzog,
were on hand to greet them.
They're, like, 200 of thesebrand new soon to be Israelis
are from France and manyof them are children.
France is just one of anumber of countries in Europe
and throughout the globe
where the danger to Jews is growing.
- It's very concerning what'shappening in Western Europe.
Also in other parts of the world
where you can see anti-Semitismraising its ugly head
whether it's in the form of anti-Semitism
or anti-Israel sentimentswhich are basically
just masking anti-Semitism.
- [Narrator] Mor says TheJewish Agency has kept a promise
since Israel became a nation 70 years ago.
- Never again willthere be a Jewish person
who is in danger, who is full of hope,
who wants to come to Israelbut the doors are closed.
- Thierry Haddad, a pianist,says radical Muslim,
anti-Jewish violence wasa factor in his move.
- [Thierry] It's more and more true.
Also, the politic try toprotect, but it's difficult.
- [Narrator] Sarah RachelLevy came alone from Paris.
She says anti-semitismdidn't drive her out.
It was more of a calling.
- [Sarah] I would be with my people,
and my God on my land.
It was an obligation for me.
If I didn't do that, it's like I am dead.
I don't know how to say.
- [Narrator] Christianleaders also played a role
in the welcome ceremony.
They've been helpingJewish immigrants get to
Israel for decades.
- Tom Hess, director ofthe All Nations Convocation
in Jerusalem, says theseveral hundred references
to Aliyah in the Bible, make it clear
it's something close to God's heart.
- [Tom] It says in thescriptures that God will bring
his people back from thenorth, the south, the east,
and the west.
Most of the Jews have come from the north,
and the south, and the east,
but 90% of the Jews outside of Israel
today are in the west.
So we know there's gonnabe a massive Aliyah
not only continuing from the north,
but from the west, God will bring back
millions and millions of Jews.
- [Narrator] John Waage,CBN News, Tel Aviv.