- [Jennifer] In one day,the social media giant
lost nearly 120 billionof its market share.
This after the company revealed
its user base and revenuegrew slower than expected
as it grapples with privacyand censorship concerns.
Some blame the CambridgeAnalytica scandal,
where a political datacompany gained access
to 50 million users' information,
resulting in Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
testifying before Congress.
Meanwhile, some Christiansand conservatives
argue Facebook is targetingtheir messages for censorship.
- People that believes in God.
People that believes in our constitution.
People that even creates patriotic songs.
They wanna get rid of that stuff.
- Believe that, yeah.
- But if somebody waswalkin' around nekked,
and beatin' up somebody, that kind of -
or disparaging our president,- President.
- That kinda stuff gota millions of views.
- [Jennifer] National religiousbroadcasters president,
Jerry Johnson, says Facebook should apply
the first amendment toquestions of speech.
Otherwise he fears Christianand conservative voices
will be silenced.
- Silicon Valley does notwant conservative talk
and Christian talk.
They want to push progressiveand leftist values.
It's just a fact.
- [Jennifer] Zuckerberg lost16 billion in personal wealth.
And some believe it's time the34 year old lost even more:
- (Eberhard) The problem is we don't learn
in computer science thetechniques of managing
a global company thatinvolves governments,
that involves diverse shareholders,
that involves diverse political interests.
- [Jennifer] Jennifer Wishon, CBN News.