Mike Evans is the founder of the Friends of Zion Heritage Center, and he shares the exciting next steps for the ministry.
- The Friends of Zion Museumopened in Jerusalem in 2015.
The goal is to tell thestories of the Christian heroes
who helped Israel duringits most difficult times.
And all the while, it's training the
next generation of heroes.
- [Female Narrator] ShimonPeres, Israel's ninth President
served as Chairman and Global Ambassador
for the Friends of Zion Heritage Center.
During his tenure, he commissionedthe Friends of Zion Award
to honor those who have fought for Israel
and the Jewish people intruly exceptional ways.
Founded by Dr. MikeEvans, the Friends of Zion
Heritage Center is home toIsrael's number one smart museum
visited by Jews and Christiansalike from around the world,
where they have the opportunity
to learn about Christianheroes who have fought
to defend the State of Israeland God's chosen people.
In addition, it will soon behome to the first Ambassador
Institute, Research Institute,Christian Zionist Think Tank,
and Social Media Communications Center.
Friends of Zion alreadyhas over 45 million
social media followers world wide
and has been endorsed byover 100 world leaders
who have stood side byside with Friends of Zion
in defense of this greatnation and its people.
This most prestigiousaward has been received
by President George W Bush,Prince Albert of Monaco,
the presidents of Paraguay and Guatemala
and was recently presentedto President Donald J Trump
by Dr. Evans in the Oval Office.
- Well, Mike Evans is here with us now,
and we welcome you to the 700 Club, Mike.
Why is it so important
to tell these stories ofChristian Friends of Zion?
- Heroes in history, theability to confront evil is only
determined by the inspiration you draw
from your heroes in history.
Pat had a hero, Corrie Ten Boom.
- That's right.- That's our work in Holland.
That's, I restored her home in '88.
I'm the Chairman of the Board.
Well, you, if you don'thave heroes in history,
when you're confrontedwith evil, you'll cave in.
- Yeah.- You'll cave in.
- The Friends of the ZionMuseum has given a special award
to past presidents, to current presidents,
- to other great heads of state.
Tell us about that award.
- Well, let's see the award.- Okay.
- Do you have it here?
- I want you to see it.- I do, I wanna see it.
- The award, this
- Wow look at this
- This award was commissionedby the ninth president of
Israel, Shimon Peres
and it's to celebrate Christian leaders,
leaders who are defendersof the Jewish people.
The menorah God Almightycommissioned the menorah
He told Moses to put it in the Tabernacle.
- That's true.
- Then it was in the temple
and of course it's theseal of the state of Israel
and of the Jewish peopleback from beginning of time.
And of course they put thepure oil in the menorah.
- Um huh.
- and it's the symbol of the Holy Spirit.
Well the last recipient thatreceived it was Donald Trump in
the Oval Office with mostof the Evangelical leaders.
But today the recipient ofthe Friends of Zion Award is
- Yay, woo ho.
(audience and host applause)
- I wasn't expecting this.
- I wanted it to be a surprise.
- Well it is.
- For more than 50 yearsthere's no man on the planet in
America who has been a greaterdefender of the Jewish people
and the state of Israelthan Pat Robertson.
You've mobilized millions of- That's right.
- Christian supporters.
What you've done for theNation of Israel is legendary
so it's my honor Pat topresent you with the same award
that President Donald Trump received,
President George Bush,Prince Albert of Monaco
and many world leaders.
God Bless you my friend.
- Mike this is a great honor.
- Careful you have to holdit by the bottom, Pat.
- It' a little bit heavy.
- Yeah that's beautiful, that's a menorah.
- Isn't that gorgeous, that is incredible.
- I'm so honored to receivethis, this is a great
thrill for me.
- Put it here on the table.- Okay.
- So we can get a good shot of it.
- It's beautiful.
- I will put in a place ofhonor and be thankful for it.
- When I presented to the President I said
and the Vice President was there
and Ivanka and Jared
and I said you know it's asymbol of divine inspiration
and light and I believe withall my heart Pat that when you
began this ministry you madea commitment to Bless the
Jewish people and the Nation of Israel.
- That's true.
- and that's why I believe God's Blessing
being so greatly.
- Without question.
- I have a question and youknow I ask well whatever
happened in the world howeverunpopular we'd be that we
would stand in with Israel come what may
and God has honored that.
- Yes He has.
- Well I want to say that CBNhas long dedicated itself to
supporting the state of Israelin fact on the day that this
ministry was taking a majorstep forward prophecy was
actually being fulfilled inside
the walls of Jerusalem take a look.
- In June of 1967 Israelfound itself fighting
for survival for the thirdtime in less than 20 years
and now what's know as theSix-Day War Israel's Arab enemies
fought with one purpose.
The destruction of the Jewish state.
And half a world away fromthe besieged nation God was
raising up a friend.
- We dedicated the start ofconstruction of a new phase of
our building in Portsmouth.
And the ceremony was over whenone of our board members came
and said they just started war in Israel.
Something just responded withinme I knew this had enormous
significance that we atCBN were linked with Israel
and that this had to do withthe last time it had to do with
the fulfillment of the prophecythat Jesus made when he said
Jerusalem will be troddenunder foot of the Gentiles
until the times of theGentiles be fulfilled.
This was the war thatliberated East Jerusalem.
- The peace did not last however,
in 1973 Egypt and Syria attacked again.
This time on Yom Kippur,Israel's holiest day of the year.
An unprepared Israel almostlost that war and the high
casualty rate left many inthe country disillusioned.
A 1974 CBN specialbrought a message of hope
to a war weary nation.
- It became so obvious toeveryone of us in this country
that the threat was to the very existence
of the newly born Jewish state.
- Here was the generalactually under Moshe Dayan
who had captured Jerusalem.
Now he'd become Prime Minister.
But I had a sense thatIsrael was so alone.
There was a sadness in his voice.
He asked America to be strong
and at that point I made avow that whatever happened,
however unpopular it would be that we
and those associated withus would stand with Israel
that we would be the friendof Israel regardless.
However these 30, 35years I've kept that vow.
- Three years later CBN dedicated it's
satellite earth station.
As a preview of things tocome the first satellite
image received came fromthe Mount of Olives.
Since then the alliancebetween CBN and Israel
has only grown stronger.
In 2001 a news bureau openedin the heart of Jerusalem to
bring a prophetic understandingof end time events.
- The march of history isleading back to the city of
Jerusalem and it's vitalfor CBN News to be here
reporting on the events beforethe return of Jesus Christ.
- At Pat Robertson's 75thBirthday celebration in 2005
Benjamin Netanyahu sent astern thank you to Pat for his
friendship to Israel.
- Pat Robertson has been amagnificent friend of Israel
and he's been a personal friend of mine.
I felt that we had nogreater friend in the world
and I mean that we have nogreater friend in the world
than Pat Robertson.
- In August of 2006 Pat traveled to Israel
during the war to demonstrate his support.
- I'm here among other thingsto tell your people that the
Evangelical Christiansof America are with you,
we're praying for you.
We pray for the Nation of Israel.
- CBN also has shown it'shumanitarian commitment to those
living in Israel.
Through Operation Blessingand ELI Israel CBN has helped
Israels in need includingsurvivors of the Holocaust.
CBN News now sends JerusalemDateline an award winning
half hour weekly program aroundthe world through broadcast
and the Internet where it'stranslated into languages like
Korean and Finnish.
And In Our Hands: The Battlefor Jerusalem is the most
ambitious project of CBN'sMiddle East documentary team
with more specials on the way.
CBN's ties to Israel remainstrong and steadfast and we will
be there to report the propheticevents that herald the day
of the Messiah's return.
- This is the land thatthe Lord is going to visit.
He's coming back again to Israel.
On the 50th anniversary ofthe Six-Day War America has
now recognized Jerusalemas the capitol of Israel
and Mike Evens how significantis that that President Trump
said this is the capitol we recognize it.
- Pat you prayed you believedfor this and I did too
- but to be honest with you I didn't think
I'd live to see it.
He, God, nine presidents wouldn't do it.
- Yeah, that's true.
- Nine presidents and he saidin the Oval office he said
what was wrong them?
This was the right thing to to.
- But we know what happened there,
the Holy Spirit touchedhis heart and let him know
and there were strong peoplelike Ambassador David Friedman
and the Vice President he'sgot a strong team that believed
and stood with this
and what a day what a historic day.
- How important is any ofthis to the Jewish people who
realize they've got thesupport of the President of the
United States and the wholeof the Evangelical worldwide.
- Here's what they tell me Pat.
- They say for the first timewe are not alone we have hope.
You know they had like what'scalled the Auschwitz Syndrome
where they felt alienated.- Sure.
- They'd have to defend themselvesargue, everybody's gonna
Not anymore, now for the first time
and you know Jerusalemwas the soul of the Jews
- and now all of a suddenit's back, it's back
so they're beyond happy, way beyond happy.
- Well Mike we're so glad tosee it and thank you for this
wonderful token and wejust thank God for you.
Well for more information aboutthe Friends of Zion Museum
be sure to go to CBN.com
and Mike Evans a dear dearfriend for many years.
Thank you for what you're doing.
God Bless you my brother.
- God Bless you Pat.
- Thank you.