- Palestinian terrorists are using
balloons and kites combinedwith the summer wind
to carry their fire from Gaza to Israel.
We found this piece ofkite in a scorched field.
Behind me in the tree aremore pieces of the kite
and behind the tree is the Gaza strip.
- Some people can think is was like a toy,
a children toy, but it'sa very deadly weapon
and we are fightingevery day to prevent any
achievement from these terrorists.
- [John] That's when theEmergency Volunteers Project,
a U.S. organization dedicatedto assisting Israel,
stepped in to help.
- Our firefighters haveassisted putting out literally
dozens of fires over the pastweek here in southern Israel.
- [John] Sponsored bythe Jewish federations
of North America, spokespersonEitan Charnoff says
when the volunteers arrive,they're ready to go.
- Our American volunteersare trained in advance
about how to work here,not just in terms of
what equipment is different,what tactics are different,
what threats aredifferent but they're also
taught the culture.
- In February of 2017, Icame on a trip to be trained.
That way, when we gethere in a deployment,
they don't have to take time to train me.
I get off the airplane and I go to work.
- [John] Corey Rea and Aston Bright
are both American firefighters.
- Firefighting, there's auniversal language to it.
You pull a hose and youspray the water on the fire.
You pull an ax and you cut something.
Firefighters, we like to break things.
So, it's universal.
- [John] But some things are different,
like fighting fire while under fire.
- This is actually an armorplated, bulletproof fire engine.
It's the first time I've ever been on a
fire engine quite like this,
but that's necessarybecause we are so close to
the Gaza border.
- [John] Rea and Bright, both Christians,
say their faith played apart in their decision.
- I can't build houses, I'm not a doctor.
But I can put out fires.
So, that's how I serve.
As a believer, the bible says
to be a friend of Israel and the Jews are
the chosen people andso, I felt led to serve
in some way and that'sall I know how to do.
- [John] Shmulik Friedman, an Israeli
fire service commander,said working with Americans
is about more than fighting fires.
- It's much than 10 firefighters because
it's the spirit of the brotherhood between
our two nations.
- We have to protect the state of Israel
and the Jewish peopleand the United States
is here in this fight withthem and we're glad to be here.
- [John] John Waage, CBN News,near the Gaza/Israeli border.