'Our AG Is Scared Stiff, Missing in Action': Trump Steps up Pressure on Sessions to Quash Russia Probe
- Pat, pressure is growingfor special counsel
Robert Mueller to wrap his investigation
into Russian collusion by September 1st.
Our Amber Strong takes a look
at the President's legal strategy,
and his team's call for aquick end to the Russia probe.
- Over the weekend, thepresident taking aim once again
at Attorney General, Jeff Sessions
over the ongoing Russia investigation.
"I have never seen anythingso rigged in my life.
Our A.G. is scared stiffand missing in action,"
the President tweeted from his golf club
in Bedminster, New Jersey.
Presidential Advisor, KellyAnnConway, says the President
is frustrated with what he seesas a lopsided investigation.
- The gravamen of his tweets,John, are that he wants
to make sure we are investigating
all sides of the quote,so-called Russian collusion.
- [Amber] Senator LindseyGraham also backing
the president, and callingfor an investigation
into the investigation.
- When it came to the Trumpcampaign, it was corrupt,
it was biased, and I think unethical.
Mr. Ohr should not hadany role in investigating
the Trump campaign,because his wife worked
at Fusion GPS.
- [Amber] Graham is citingthe conflict of interest
for Bruce Ohr, a high-rankingJustice Department official
who had connections to theresearch firm, Fusion GPS,
that helped compile thedossier that helped lead
to the Russia investigation.
Meanwhile, Trump's legalteam is putting pressure
on the special counsel towrap up his investigation
before the midterms.
- There is a Justice Department practice,
and he's bound by it,
that to the best you can, you shouldn't be
carrying these things onright before an election.
- [Amber] Trump's attorneyRudy Giuliani also says
the President did notinstruct former FBI Director,
James Comey, to take it easy
on National SecurityAdvisor, Michael Flynn.
An apparent about-facefrom his earlier remarks.
Something Giuliani denies.
- So you're saying thatPresident Trump and James Comey
never discussed Michael Flynn.
- That is what he will testify to,
if he's asked that question.
- Now, that 2017 Comeyconversation is an important factor
into the special counsel's investigation
as to whether or not thePresident obstructed justice.
Regardless, Rudy Giuliani says
President Trump won'tbe taking any questions,
when it comes to firedFBI Director, James Comey.
Amber Strong, CBN News, Washington.