Margaret suffered unspeakable abuse as a child. Seven years after becoming a Christian, she was diagnosed with an inoperable condition and a 5% chance of survival.
- The doctor comes in and he says,
"She has about a 95% chanceof not even making it.
"So you all need to go homeand make arrangements."
- [Narrator] MargaretGreen was 34-years-old
when doctors told herand her husband, Jermain,
she had two life-threatening conditions.
- I said, "No, I can't receive that."
My husband was like, "Yaknow, we're gonna trust God."
- I knew that he could healher, but the question was,
"Are you going to heal her?"
- [Narrator] ButMargaret's story of healing
isn't just about whetherGod would heal her, but how.
It begins when she was a young girl,
growing up in a roughSt. Louis neighborhood
with an abusive, alcoholic father.
She was four when her mother,who was afraid for her life,
grabbed two of Margaret'syounger siblings and fled.
Margaret and an oldersister were left behind
with their Dad to suffer his abuse.
- He would slap me inthe face or he would,
ya know, kick me in the face.
He never missed a daywhere he wouldn't ya know,
call me names or ya know,
blame me for my mother leaving him.
- [Narrator] Her nightmaredidn't end there.
For the next three years,she would be molested by
a friend of her father's.
At eight-years-old, she attempted suicide.
- I took a whole bottleof pills that were there
and I said life wasjust better without me.
- [Narrator] Afterwards,Margaret was sent to live
with her Mom who startedtaking her to church.
At 12, she made thedecision to follow Christ,
but there was somethingshe couldn't understand.
- I began to ask him whohe was and if he was real,
and if he was there,
why did he allow all ofthis to happen to me?
When God didn't answer me, Ifelt like he did not hear me.
- [Narrator] As a teen, Margaret rebelled,
becoming promiscuous, drinking alcohol,
and using and selling drugs.
- That's what happens when you're damaged.
- [Narrator] By 21, she hadfour children and was stealing,
selling drugs, and strippingto provide for them.
She spent six years in andout of homeless shelters
and abusive relationships.
- I would always prayeven though I felt like
God wasn't listening.
It was almost like checking to see,
maybe one day, he'll hear meand come and save me from this.
- [Narrator] Then one night,Margaret went to a party
with two men she had just met.
While there, she was violently raped.
They plotted how to killher and that's when Margaret
began to call on the name of Jesus,
which only angered the men.
- He said, "Don't callhim, he can't hear you."
So he began to punch mein the back of my head.
It didn't matter how much he punched me,
I continued to call on Jesus' name.
- [Narrator] Theyeventually let Margaret go,
leaving her on the streets to die.
The next morning, sheturned her life over to God
and began to seek after him.
- I decided to stop going to the clubs,
stop selling drugs, everything.
I mean everything.
- [Narrator] Over the next seven years,
Margaret began her new life in Christ.
A few years later, at a church event,
Margaret met Jermain.
They married and they blendedtheir families together.
- The Lord really, reallyput his hand on our marriage,
ya know, he was right forme and I was right for him
and our family was perfect.
- [Narrator] Then, two yearslater, Margaret went to
her doctor with severe abdominal pains.
Tests revealed she had a
dissecting abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Three weeks later, theydiscovered multiple blood clots
in both of her lungs andone next to her heart.
They could treat one orthe other, but not both.
- He said, "If we remove the blood clots,
"you'll die of the aneurysm.
"If we repair the aneurysm and treat you
"for the blood clots, you'lldie of the blood clots."
- [Narrator] Surgerywas risky, so instead,
Margaret was prescribed blood thinners
to avoid more clotting.
But even then, she had only
a five percent chance of survival.
- He told me that basically at any time,
she could go, so I neededto cherish all the moments
that I have with her.
The news was very scary.
We prayed, I encouraged her.
I said, "Hey, it's OK, dry your eyes.
"God's gon' bring you through this."
- [Narrator] Three weekslater, Margaret went
for a follow up visit.
They discovered the bloodclots had dissolved.
- They said, "We've never seen a case
"where blood clots havedissolved that fast."
They said, "There's somethingto you we don't know."
But there's a plan, God has a plan.
- [Narrator] But the aneurysmstill threatened her life.
Over the next two years,Margaret's activities
She was even hospitalized 28 times.
She didn't know whether she'd live or die.
Despite it all, she andJermain continued to pray
and believe God for a miracle.
Finally, she says,during a time of prayer,
God spoke to her about her condition.
- He said, "While someissues are hereditary,
"some are connected to your heart."
He said, "Your sickness, Margaret,
"is connected to yourissues that you're having
"that's in your heart."
The Lord said, "Hey, I needyou to forgive everyone
"that's hurt you, everyonethat has rejected you."
- [Narrator] So she startedpraying and after three months,
she noticed she was no longer in pain.
- I said, "I feel different."
I just felt so differentin my body and I said,
"Something has changed."
- I said, "OK, are yousaying God healed you?"
She said, "Yes, the Lordhealed me. I'm healed."
- [Narrator] The couple went to her doctor
who ordered CAT scans.
When they returned home, they got a call
from the doctor's office.
- He said, "I don't know what happened."
He said, "But thataneurysm's no longer there."
They're like, "This does not happen."
Aneurysms don't regress,they don't shrink.
They were like, "We cannot explain this.
"So, we can only put resolved.
"This issue has been resolved.
"Miracle, she's a miracle."
- She was so excited, shejust broke down crying.
So, we just kinda held each other
and we were just very happy that God
did what he said he was gonna do.
- [Narrator] Margaret andJermain just celebrated
their 7th wedding anniversary.
They share hope andencouragement to their followers
on their weekly radio show.
She's also written abook where she encourages
everyone to trust God,to heal the broken places
in their lives, and be kingdom created.
- The power of forgivenessis able to heal.
Anytime you're broken,anytime you're down and out,
God is still a healer.
He's able to work miracles.
All you have to do is trust him.