Rick Perry on Cabinet Bible Study and President Trump's Leadership: 'It Starts at the Top'Â
- If you'll bow yourheads I'll do the prayer.
- [Narrator] Faith ondisplay at the highest level.
- Oh God our father...
- [Narrator] This recent cabinet meeting
with Secretary of State MikePompeo leading in prayer,
and it's not just here or for the cameras.
- There are a number of men and women
on the cabinet
who have bible studyevery Wednesday morning...
- [Narrator] Energy secretaryRick Perry is a regular.
- Number one it gives us an opportunity
to see each other
outside of our normal work environment,
but it's also sending a message
that this administration bases its
life experiences on that biblical values.
- The bible study isled by Ralph Drollinger
of Capitol Ministries.
Along with Party Secretaries Mike Pompeo,
Betsy DeVos and Ben Carson,
UN Ambassador Nikki Haley
and Attorney General JeffSessions also take part.
- [Narrator] And Vice President Pence
goes when he can any week
President Trump gets a copyof Drollinger's teaching.
- I really admire the president.
- [Narrator] Perry givesTrump a lot of credit
for his leadership.
- [Perry] Well it starts and stops
from the standpoint of this is a president
that not afraid to stand up
and say hey I'm not perfect,
but I know the guy that is perfect
and I'm trying to followthose instructions.
And that's a really good place to start
from my perspective.
- [Narrator] When itcomes to the naysayers,
Perry poses this question.
- Always ask peoplewho're sometimes critical
when I was the governor of Texas
about actions that we might have taken,
and I said
you know I try to beinstructed biblically,
and which one of the tencommandments do you not like?
- [Narrator] It's onethat's hard to answer.
- Help us to maintain the honor...
- [Narrator] And when you seethe fruits of their labor,
- All that which we ask in the name
of our great friend and master of men.
- [Narrator] Equally hard to criticize.